PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: FURTHER BANS ANNOUNCED

RSS Bot
11-06-2016, 02:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6563)

Onceinawhile
11-06-2016, 02:41 PM
How are we supposed to get to 10,000 with this attitude?

High-On-Hibs
11-06-2016, 02:43 PM

They say they have banned people from attending Easter Road. They haven't stated who. :wink:

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Anyone involved in a violent attack deserves a ban.
Hope that anyone seen to be defending themself against a Hun attack is not banned.

HibsNutter
11-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Suppose we don't know who's been banned and to the extent that they were involved. Although, of any of the events on the pitch I don't believe any were worthy of a ban for life. Maybe a few years, but life is too much for me. Some people were stupid but you have to allow them to learn from their mistakes. Their future prospects will already be damaged by the charges they will face.

Franck Stanton
11-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Whatever happened to "Innocent until PROVEN guilty" ? Seems not to apply to football supporters. This whole episode really is making a mountain out of a mole-hill. So what, a few supporters went on to the pitch, a very small percentage of whom were involved with the orcs. Big deal. Try going to castle greyskull to support the Hibs, those guys are subjected to more physical/verbal abuse/provocation than anything that went on at hampden in the cup final. Lets stop pandering to the west coast biased media and move on.

Pete
11-06-2016, 02:56 PM
How many bans have the Govan mob dished out?

Their violent thugs are probably still considered victims who were defending themselves.

Onion
11-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Meanwhile along at Ibrox, medals are being handed out to the brave soldiers who defended their players and officials and delivered the title for season 2015/16...

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/06/rangers-fans-top-scottish-footballs-yob-league/?

Golden Bear
11-06-2016, 03:06 PM
As a Club, Hibs have to demonstrate that they have acted swiftly and appropriately against those who have blemished their good name. Hopefully this will help to mitigate any action that the authorities are likely to impose on the Club.

Marco G
11-06-2016, 03:10 PM
As a Club, Hibs have to demonstrate that they have acted swiftly and appropriately against those who have blemished their good name. Hopefully this will help to mitigate any action that the authorities are likely to impose on the Club.Exactly.

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Meanwhile along at Ibrox, medals are being handed out to the brave soldiers who defended their players and officials and delivered the title for season 2015/16...

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/06/rangers-fans-top-scottish-footballs-yob-league/?

So the huns top the hooligan league. No surprise there. I just wish the media would report their arrests and charges in the same way they have done with Hibs. So unfair and biased.

When is someone in authority going to challenge The Rangers / media's ludicrously false statements about what happened at Hampden? If the Independent Commission doesn't address it I swear I'm going to start a campaign to demand apologies from all those who lied and tarnished our Club's name eg Chick Young and many others.

The reporting of that day's events have been so inaccurate and unchallenged thus far it's frightening.

NYHibby
11-06-2016, 03:13 PM

That report doesn't look that great for us either. It is financial year 15-16 not football season 15-16. If you include the cup final, we could possibly have the second highest number of fans charged. Even if less than 10 are charged under the Act from the Final, we are still likely to be worse than Celtic, and possibly Hearts as well, on a charges per attendee basis.

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 03:13 PM
As a Club, Hibs have to demonstrate that they have acted swiftly and appropriately against those who have blemished their good name. Hopefully this will help to mitigate any action that the authorities are likely to impose on the Club.

Absolutely.

High-On-Hibs
11-06-2016, 03:14 PM
The reporting of that day's events have been so inaccurate and unchallenged thus far it's frightening.

Frightening and yet.... highly predictable.

wookie70
11-06-2016, 03:14 PM
As far as I am concerned if you were on the pitch and fighting the a long or lifelong ban is exactly the right punishment from the club. Further action from the Police is welcome too. I take kids to all the home games, a good selection of away games and the big games and the less idiots there are the better as far as I am concerned.

Big_Franck
11-06-2016, 03:15 PM
I've watched a fair few videos of what happened on the pitch and i'm yet to see anything that would warrant a lifetime ban from Easter Road. Unless they have seen footage I haven't (there's a good chance of that of course) then the reaction from the club has been disproportionate here in my opinion.

Finn2015
11-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Seems to be only one club is acting and taking action here

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 03:18 PM
That report doesn't look that great for us either. It is financial year 15-16 not football season 15-16. If you include the cup final, we could possibly have the second highest number of fans charged. Even if less than 10 are charged under the Act from the Final, we are still likely to be worse than Celtic, and possibly Hearts as well, on a charges per attendee basis.

An honest question...does the financial year not end in April so the Cup Final charges won't be added to the figures in the report?

NYHibby
11-06-2016, 03:20 PM
I've watched a fair few videos of what happened on the pitch and i'm yet to see anything that would warrant a lifetime ban from Easter Road. Unless they have seen footage I haven't (there's a good chance of that of course) then the reaction from the club has been disproportionate here in my opinion.

Do you genuinely believe that no Hibs fans committed any acts of unacceptable behaviour at the final? If so, I hope I don't sit near you if that is your opinion of acceptable behaviour.

Hibby Cam
11-06-2016, 03:20 PM
I'm in agreement with bans but I know of 2 people arrested in Glasgow prior to the game for being drunk, they were released without charge and sent on their way, they did not attend the game and did not set foot in the ground. Hibs have issued indefinite bans from home and away games.

Where is the line going to be drawn with this, there were thousands on the pitch, there were loads of people drunk inside/outside the ground etc etc. I have read the banning letters and they are vague, no charges were made, no warnings from the police were given to the individuals etc I agree with the prev posts about innocent until proven guilty.

Do I now have to stop attending the hibs club or behind the goals in case I have one to many and get a telling off from the police? Can we get banned for being drunk after game as well?

NYHibby
11-06-2016, 03:21 PM
An honest question...does the financial year not end in April so the Cup Final charges won't be added to the figures in the report?

Yes, hence the whole point of my point that if you used a different 12 month period we are potentially the second worse after Rangers.

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 03:27 PM
I suppose it's unfair to comment without knowing the full extent of each individual case but a lifetime ban from Easter Road does seem severe.

I think there's an element of making an example of the people involved to deter others in future and, as stated by others, the club is taking this action to minimise the punishment we will face.

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Yes, hence the whole point of my point that if you used a different 12 month period we are potentially the second worse after Rangers.

A lot of ifs and potentially in there...it might not be relevant.

Finn2015
11-06-2016, 03:30 PM
I was wondering if any of these had hooligan histories? I suppose there is no way of measuring this but it seems to me what happened was a heat of the moment thing and exuberance rather than anything sinister or orchestrated

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 03:34 PM
We just have to trust that our club are acting fairly on this.

I saw a guy scrapping with stewards outside ER at a night game near the end of the season and he was back in the FF at a later game so the situation was obviously resolved.

MyJo
11-06-2016, 03:39 PM
I'm in agreement with bans but I know of 2 people arrested in Glasgow prior to the game for being drunk, they were released without charge and sent on their way, they did not attend the game and did not set foot in the ground. Hibs have issued indefinite bans from home and away games.

Where is the line going to be drawn with this, there were thousands on the pitch, there were loads of people drunk inside/outside the ground etc etc. I have read the banning letters and they are vague, no charges were made, no warnings from the police were given to the individuals etc I agree with the prev posts about innocent until proven guilty.

Do I now have to stop attending the hibs club or behind the goals in case I have one to many and get a telling off from the police? Can we get banned for being drunk after game as well?

Chances are the names of all arrested or charged will be passed onto hibs and "indefinate" bans given until all the investigations have been done and we know what the punishment from the SFA.

That way we can be shown to have been proactive in taking action against our supporters for thier actions.

Lifetime bans will have been given to the people who went for the rangers players and everyone else with indefinate bans will have the length of time they are banned for decided once we know if they have been found guilty etc.

The guys arrested before the match will have thier bans lifted fairly sharpish if imagine and they are just being included in the "arrested on cup final day" quota

Hibby Cam
11-06-2016, 03:40 PM
I was wondering if any of these had hooligan histories? I suppose there is no way of measuring this but it seems to me what happened was a heat of the moment thing and exuberance rather than anything sinister or orchestrated

Both cases I know of involve 2 people with no criminal convictions ever in their lives, have been season ticket holders before, and were guilty over indulging on match day, paid the price by not getting into the game and sent home on their merry way.......... the clubs actions in cases like this do not inspire me with confidence, I get the fact we seem to have to show we are acting in the correct manner but there will cases in this sorry saga which could damage the clubs image within their own support

Carheenlea
11-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Each to their own, but I don't understand why fans, instead of celebrating a momentous moment in our history with their fellow supporters, be that in the stands or on the park, decided that taunting Rangers fans up in front of their stand and scrapping with those who came on the pitch was the way to go. Just don't get it at all during what was for most must have the most emotional few minutes experienced as Hibernian supporters.
Hibs are right to ban anyone involved in incidents that they deem to be unacceptable.

northstandhibby
11-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Seems to be only one club is acting and taking action here

Agree with this.

The old rangers huns were a dab hand at evading and flouting the rules and it seems their doppelganger sevco huns are intent on replicating sticking two fingers up at natural justice.

And has Magic Hat been seen yet or is he being bumped by the king with no clothes for his bonus readies and is busy seeking employment elsewhere?

Glory Glory

SanFranHibs
11-06-2016, 04:16 PM

I have to agree. We do not have a long history of pitch invasions, wrecking towns on away days and I am sure most who lost control have never been involved in any such incident prior to that day.

Anyone caught throwing punches at opposing players or hassling the officials, let them be treated appropriately.

But getting into it with that mob.....I won't lose any sleep over it.

DH1875
11-06-2016, 04:54 PM
How do these bans work if it's just the club that enforcing them? If none of these guys have been found guilty then they won't have to register at police stations on match days or hand in passports for European games. What is there to stop them from still actually going to games :confused:

Ronniekirk
11-06-2016, 04:59 PM

Dont kid yourself They ( the establishment ) are out to get us and Petrie King wants more Rangers influence at the top Echelons of the Administration Thats one of the reasons they have tried to take the moral high ground
Did Celtic fans not get into trouble at Inverness for letting off flares
Those one Rangers fans let off were big and caused a lot of smoke or fumes or whatever was in them and its barely got a mention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Give 'em medals, I say. Bloody heroes, each and every one of 'em!

marinello59
11-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Give 'em medals, I say. Bloody heroes, each and every one of 'em!

The club should charge us to have pictures taken with them.

CentreLine
11-06-2016, 05:32 PM
Dont kid yourself They ( the establishment ) are out to get us and Petrie King wants more Rangers influence at the top Echelons of the Administration Thats one of the reasons they have tried to take the moral high ground
Did Celtic fans not get into trouble at Inverness for letting off flares
Those one Rangers fans let off were big and caused a lot of smoke or fumes or whatever was in them and its barely got a mention

I'm not convinced the large amount of smoke on that end of the pitch wasn't a factor in the woeful efforts their keeper made at stopping Stokes' first goal. If that's the case then I want them punished for the dangerous behaviour but I'm also happy it affected their own players.

Velma Dinkley
11-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Have The Rangers banned any of their fans who attacked Hibs fans? Have they even suggested they will?

WoreTheGreen
11-06-2016, 05:50 PM
No but a few were on queens honour list

Finn2015
11-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Have The Rangers banned any of their fans who attacked Hibs fans? Have they even suggested they will?

If they have I've missed it. They are sticking to the party line it was all our fault and any rangers fans on the pitch were provoked

Onion
11-06-2016, 06:12 PM

Life time bans may be justified and sound impressive to the authorities but, in practice, are unenforceable unless clubs start taking fingerprints, have facial recognition software or DNA tests for everyone entering the ground.

Franck Stanton
11-06-2016, 06:37 PM
How do these bans work if it's just the club that enforcing them? If none of these guys have been found guilty then they won't have to register at police stations on match days or hand in passports for European games. What is there to stop them from still actually going to games :confused:

Complete waste of time these bans, impossible to enforce. Just means you wouldn't be able to buy a season ticket in your own name. Like that is impossible to get round, aye, right. Pandering to the authorities imo. Mountain out of a molehill. 99% of what happened on the pitch after the cup final was just emotion getting the better of people after all the heartache over the years.
Yes, there were a few dafties, from both sides, but percentage wise, less than 1 %. The weegie press are just bad losers, their team lost - get over it ya mugs.

Lago
11-06-2016, 06:38 PM
:top marks
Each to their own, but I don't understand why fans, instead of celebrating a momentous moment in our history with their fellow supporters, be that in the stands or on the park, decided that taunting Rangers fans up in front of their stand and scrapping with those who came on the pitch was the way to go. Just don't get it at all during what was for most must have the most emotional few minutes experienced as Hibernian supporters.
Hibs are right to ban anyone involved in incidents that they deem to be unacceptable.

Alfred E Newman
11-06-2016, 07:07 PM

I dont think many season ticket holders would be involved in the violence.

Radium
11-06-2016, 07:27 PM
I am presuming that we will remove any TRFC 'followers' who are identified as being involved in trouble around the match from the database given that we sell tickets direct.

Kojock
11-06-2016, 07:46 PM

Hibs can only ban fans from attending ER they have no authority to ban them from any other ground.

HibbyDave
11-06-2016, 08:00 PM

How would Hibs know about these two people? If they were stopped and released without any charge then Hibs would not hear about it unless the police are passing on info to the club? Data Protection issue there I think.

marinello59
11-06-2016, 08:02 PM
How would Hibs know about these two people? If they were stopped and released without any charge then Hibs would not hear about it unless the police are passing on info to the club? Data Protection issue there I think.

The court rolls are public. No data protection issue here at all.

Hibby Cam
11-06-2016, 08:06 PM

the police must have passed their details to the club for whatever reason, but I don't agree with bans when no offence or police action had to be taken away from a football stadium, I think the club are overreacting to the hype

had there been no pitch invasion etc etc...... would this have happened?

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2016, 09:04 PM
The club should charge us to have pictures taken with them.

I'd be the first to put my hand in my pocket.

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 09:08 PM
I can't help thinking that our ongoing statements on bans being issued while the Huns remain silent is in some way adding to the public perception that we are the guilty ones. Sky Sports News continually reporting on the Hibs fans but nothing on them. All adds to the belief that we were the only wrong doers. Annoying.

Topographic Hibby
11-06-2016, 09:35 PM
I can't help thinking that our ongoing statements on bans being issued while the Huns remain silent is in some way adding to the public perception that we are the guilty ones. Sky Sports News continually reporting on the Hibs fans but nothing on them. All adds to the belief that we were the only wrong doers. Annoying.
It is a ploy by the club to minimise any sanctions coming our way by saying "look at the quick and firm actions we have taken." We can then ask about Rangers actions with regard to their "followers" (I refuse to use the words "fan" or "supporter" in this matter). Remember, we started it (much as it pains me to say that) and we are playing a careful chess game to reduce the penalties coming our way. I understand your fears about how we are perceived, but I'm with the Club on how they have acted so far.

Ilovehibs
11-06-2016, 09:41 PM
It is a ploy by the club to minimise any sanctions coming our way by saying "look at the quick and firm actions we have taken." We can then ask about Rangers actions with regard to their "followers" (I refuse to use the words "fan" or "supporter" in this matter). Remember, we started it (much as it pains me to say that) and we are playing a careful chess game to reduce the penalties coming our way. I understand your fears about how we are perceived, but I'm with the Club on how they have acted so far.

I totally get what you are saying TH, I'm just worried that at the end of it all we will always be looked upon as the bad guys despite the fact that the claims made by The Rangers and the media were, on the whole, grossly exaggerated and/or untrue. I fully support the club in dealing with any violent offenders but my fear is that at no time will the liars be held accountable for their false accusations which publically tarnished the truly great name of Hibernian FC.

HibbyDave
11-06-2016, 10:11 PM
The court rolls are public. No data protection issue here at all.

I think the poster said that these fans were simply held by police for being drunk and that after being released that they never even attended the match. This has nothing at all to do with Hibernian FC.
I don't believe the police are allowed to inform hibs of everyone they stop/release without charge (perhaps just because they were wearing hibs colours?)

As they never went near a court the court rolls would not be the source surely.

If the police are informing the club of the details of everyone stopped (whether charged or not) then we have a problem.

Lago
11-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Totally agree with all your points.

marinello59
12-06-2016, 06:59 AM
I think the poster said that these fans were simply held by police for being drunk and that after being released that they never even attended the match. This has nothing at all to do with Hibernian FC.
I don't believe the police are allowed to inform hibs of everyone they stop/release without charge (perhaps just because they were wearing hibs colours?)

If the police are informing the club of the details of everyone stopped (whether charged or not) then we have a problem.

I misread that one.
This is a strange one and doesn't tie in with the statements that the club have made about those banned so far. It just doesn't make sense.

Just Jimmy
12-06-2016, 07:41 AM
I misread that one.
This is a strange one and doesn't tie in with the statements that the club have made about those banned so far. It just doesn't make sense.
1. Police did tell club about someone not involved in criminality.
2. Club are over reacting.
3. Story on fans message board isn't quite the full story or at worst is a gross distortion of the truth.

I wonder which is most likely?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
12-06-2016, 08:39 AM
I noticed on the bbc website they named the twelve people charged and that appeared in court in Glasgow on Friday.

Didn't say what clubs they supported though!!!!

Really should have the club name in brackets after the name, just like they do in international squads lol

Hawick hibee
12-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Have Rangers really done anything to deal with their fans who invaded the pitch for no other reason other than to fight. We are dealing with our fans as sky have shown but no news of THEM dealing with their fans.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm all for Hibs getting stuck into folk who it is proved laid hands on any Sevco players and also anybody who went up to the Sevco fans giving it the big c'mon.

But .... they have to be very careful not to use a scattergun approach and target Hibs fans who merely ended up defending themselves and especially not folk on the crossbar or who took bits of turf. The story earlier in the thread about 2 Hibs fans allegedly being banned by the club for being arrested before the game and then released without charge seems incredibly OTT to me ...... if Hibs have indeed done this they have to think again.

If we are going to take an over zealous draconian approach to our own supporters it seems to me that we have fallen into Sevco's blatant attempt to set the agenda here and we have moved from what should be a fair and balanced approach to one that looks like trying to appease the Huns ....... bad enough that the media have lapped up Sevco's twisted version of events without Hibs doing it too.

To date I have seen nothing which suggests Sevco are going to back track over their ridiculous and outrageous claims that their fans came on to 'protect the players' and that most of their players were assaulted ..... bald bare faced lies ........ There has to come a moment in the next few weeks where Hibs say 'right, we've done our bit' and call out Sevco over their lies, not to mention the sectarian singing and smoke bombs which proceeded the final whistle.

Hibby Cam
12-06-2016, 03:32 PM

100% correct, which begs the questions why? and where does it stop

LustForLeith
12-06-2016, 06:27 PM
I know for a fact a lifetime ban from a football ground means nothing.

Nutmegged
12-06-2016, 06:31 PM
I know for a fact a lifetime ban from a football ground means nothing.

My mate got a lifetime ban from Rangers in 2000 and has been a season ticket holder all through that time, I think it might be in his old mans name granted but it never stopped him

greenlex
13-06-2016, 12:32 PM
My mate got a lifetime ban from Rangers in 2000 and has been a season ticket holder all through that time, I think it might be in his old mans name granted but it never stopped him

He must be a right bad mo fo to get a ban to that cesspit.

Smartie
13-06-2016, 12:50 PM
He must be a right bad mo fo to get a ban to that cesspit.

Maybe he just failed to sing along with "God Save The Queen"?

I could see it being quite easy to go against the grain and cause offence through there.