PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Forster

blaikie
11-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Apprently getting a new deal, seemed to be a good prospect when he broke through.

heretoday
11-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Apprently getting a new deal, seemed to be a good prospect when he broke through.

It'll be interesting to see if he improves under the new boss.

blaikie
11-06-2016, 01:33 PM
It'll be interesting to see if he improves under the new boss.

Fingers crossed, always felt sorry for him being thrown into the cup final a few years back after only breaking into the first team. Thought he was heading the same was as Darren McCormack, could be good backup to McGregor and Hanlon especially if the Fonts decides to go back down south!

1987kev
11-06-2016, 01:54 PM
If Hanlon signs on that's 4 CB can't see us signing another CB which would b a worry

Enough said
11-06-2016, 02:03 PM
If Hanlon signs on that's 4 CB can't see us signing another CB which would b a worry personally 4 CB will be suffice in the championship next season

southfieldhibby
11-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Especially considering marvin can fill in there too

Green Fish
11-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Any news on Gunnarson?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

1987kev
11-06-2016, 02:21 PM
personally 4 CB will be suffice in the championship next season

Really the goals we give anyway from crosses is a worry for me

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Forster signing a new deal is good as he can cover at RB and also chip in with a few goals too. If we can get Gunnarson permanently then for me, that's sufficient cover all over the back line.

The problem last season was that, because we didn't go for the throat of teams.... The goals we did concede were either equalisers or winners. I think Lennon will change our style a bit this season and I fully expect us to win more games 3/4-1

Franck Stanton
11-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Forster is a good player, IF it was a choice between him and say, Fonts....then Forster would be my choice. If we play with 3 at the back then
Forster.....McGregor.....Hanlon would be my selection. Hope he signs.

SJM
11-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Glad to have him back. Potential future captain.

Finn2015
11-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Hopefully his time away will have made him return hungrier to make an impact

Andy74
11-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Forster is a good player, IF it was a choice between him and say, Fonts....then Forster would be my choice. If we play with 3 at the back then
Forster.....McGregor.....Hanlon would be my selection. Hope he signs.

Fontaine is better than Forster by some distance. I just don't really see the sense in giving him a new deal.

biotech
11-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Can only see him being given a deal if Hanlon is on his way. That said, would probably be okay at Championship level but would hope Lennon brings in better quality.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Fontaine is better than Forster by some distance. I just don't really see the sense in giving him a new deal.Yep, Fontaine is also a far better footballer which is very important in a 3-5-2.

CapitalGreen
11-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Yep, Fontaine is also a far better footballer which is very important in a 3-5-2.

Is he? Fontaine's distribution is woeful

northstandhibby
11-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Yep, Fontaine is also a far better footballer which is very important in a 3-5-2.

Yep, Fontaine is on his day a class player. I like Jordan though he too is very capable on his day, would like him to stay and develop further.

Glory Glory

SanFranHibs
11-06-2016, 04:03 PM

Would Lennon not be getting a say in this?

bigwheel
11-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Would Lennon not be getting a say in this?

Nah. New regime has allowed dot net to decide. [emoji6][emoji6]

rcarter1
11-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Fontaine is better than Forster by some distance. I just don't really see the sense in giving him a new deal.

Opinions eh? From what Ive seen, they both have their good and bad points, but Forster seemed like the player with more potential to improve. Id be delighted see Forster back, one of my favourite players before leaving.

SlickShoes
11-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Forster was playing really well last year going in to the play offs, he got injured in the same game as Boyle and that derailed us a bit against the The Rangers in the next game.

GreenOnions
11-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Yep, Fontaine is on his day a class player. I like Jordan though he too is very capable on his day, would like him to stay and develop further.

Glory Glory

I agree. I like both. They are different types though and Forster perhaps has the ability to become more physically imposing/commanding than our other centre backs - which we need. Forster is still young with lots of improvement to come so I'm delighted if he is to get a new deal.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Is he? Fontaine's distribution is woeful:faf:

Really? He is like an extra midfielder when we play 3-5-2, very good with the ball at his feet, dunno what you player you have been watching.

bigwheel
11-06-2016, 04:31 PM
I hope Lennon watches him in training before committing to a contract ..good in the air and fully committed, but his lack of
Mobility and positioning for me are not at the level we need - it would be a no from me ...

DH1875
11-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Always liked Jordan and wouldn't have a problem if he ends up staying.

The Harp
11-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Personally, I'm delighted to hear Jordan's been offered a new contract. First saw him a few years ago playing for our under 20s against celtic. He was outstanding that day and I thought then, that in time, he would be a future Hibs captain.
Let's hope he can stay injury-free for long enough to establish himself in the team this season

SanFranHibs
11-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Nah. New regime has allowed dot net to decide. [emoji6][emoji6]

Ah good. Obviously the best way.

I bet Lennon can hardly wait to see his team next season....including Forster, Henderson, Stokes, Commons, Griffiths.

Certainly good on electronic paper :greengrin

dp00
11-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Talking on Twitter about seeing Bartley at pre season training wouldn't imagine he would saying that if he was going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
11-06-2016, 05:19 PM

Fontaine struggled this year, he's lost another yard of pace. I'd still expect him to play plenty but no reason that Forster shouldnt be challenging him for a place.

Franck Stanton
11-06-2016, 06:15 PM

All about opinions Andy, mine is I would rather have Forster than Fontaine any day of the week.

Franck Stanton
11-06-2016, 06:23 PM

Really ? Not in my opinion he isn't. Good player, yes. Better than Forster ? Debatable. When teams are pumping high balls into the center of our box I would rather have Forster there than Fontaine. Attacking at corners/free kicks - Forster again wins hands down. Potential lies with Jordan, Fontaine is at an age where what you see is what you get. Not as good as Jordan imo.
Still, we could debate this until the cows come home, the only opinion that matters is that of Neil Lennon , who, if you believe the rumours/paper talk , has contacted Jordan and assured him he is part of his plans. Says a lot to me anyway. Of course that doesn't mean Fontaine is on the way out. I am just saying that given the choice of either Forster or Fontaine, I would keep Forster.

Crammond Hibee
11-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Really ? Not in my opinion he isn't. Good player, yes. Better than Forster ? Debatable. When teams are pumping high balls into the center of our box I would rather have Forster there than Fontaine. Attacking at corners/free kicks - Forster again wins hands down. Potential lies with Jordan, Fontaine is at an age where what you see is what you get. Not as good as Jordan imo.
Still, we could debate this until the cows come home, the only opinion that matters is that of Neil Lennon , who, if you believe the rumours/paper talk , has contacted Jordan and assured him he is part of his plans. Says a lot to me anyway. Of course that doesn't mean Fontaine is on the way out. I am just saying that given the choice of either Forster or Fontaine, I would keep Forster.

Nope
Jordan not for me.
Left on loan and hardly played.
Came on in play off final and gave away a silly penalty.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Still, we could debate this until the cows come home, the only opinion that matters is that of Neil Lennon , who, if you believe the rumours/paper talk , has contacted Jordan and assured him he is part of his plans. Says a lot to me anyway. Of course that doesn't mean Fontaine is on the way out. I am just saying that given the choice of either Forster or Fontaine, I would keep Forster.Neil Lennon is the only opinion that matters now, before him it was Stubbs who had over 400 top division games as a center back and didn't fancy Forster.

Forster hasn't done anything of note in a Hibs jersey, he was very poor in our relegation season.