PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Mementos

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Other than the Hampden turf/corner flags and parts of the net.... What's everyone's mementos from the final?

I've got my dad to thank for buying (then smelling) a match programme at every game we attended as a wee laddie so I made sure I bought my cup final programme before the game. Also got my match ticket.

Both will be framed over the coming weeks. Anybody doing similar?

mghibs
10-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Did anyone get the match ball? I know John McGinn booted it towards the crowd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lugz
10-06-2016, 08:00 PM

Supposedly Liam Henderson had it the next day, dunno how.

mghibs
Would be impressive considering he sprinted the other way, who knows!

lugz
Think I'll get my programme and ticket framed and put in beside my photo with the cup

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Think I'll get my programme and ticket framed and put in beside my photo with the cup

I was also thinking about doing mate that but then bumped in to Leigh Griffiths at leith links on the Sunday and managed to get a photo with him and my nephew. So that'll be going in the frame with my ticket and programme. Hoping to get the man himself to sign the pic

WoreTheGreen
10-06-2016, 08:03 PM
Got all 4 off our tickets l know it sounds sad but making a collage as we speak final and perade photo's plus tickets

erin go bragh
10-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Getting the programme ,team sheet and tickets framed .

Pretty Boy
10-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Programme, ticket and a picture of Gray lifting the cup will be getting framed together soon. Photo with the cup will be on the wall alongside it.

Tattoo will be added in due course when I get round to getting off my erse and booking it.

zlatan
10-06-2016, 08:12 PM
I've got Lee Wallace left arm mounted above my TV.

O'Rourke3
10-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Was always retiring last season's scarf but the retro top bought the week before is also retired. Forgot to buy a programme though.

Mr White
10-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Bought a scrapbook so my son can get the scissors out and glue in his favourite photos from the various newspapers I collected in the days after the game. Match tickets too obviously.

I was inspired to do this by mum. On arrival at her flat on the friday night before the final she produced one that I'd compiled after the skol cup win in 91. I used it as a placemat to eat my tea with murdo and the cup on the front cover winking at me :greengrin

Kojock
10-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Got my ticket framed already. Most treasured momentous is a photo of me kissing a Hibernian FC Scottish Cup Winners medal.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-06-2016, 08:14 PM
I've got Lee Wallace left arm mounted above my TV.

Hahaha class mate. Anyone know if the rangers players are still in induced comas? #prayforrangers

.Sean.
10-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Silly but serious question.

My ticket was folded over and left in my wallet. Looks used shall we say.

Will it look ***** in a frame beside the programme or will it add to it?!

SteveHFC
10-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Ticket, programme and a few photos from the day will be getting framed.

Waiting for the club to release more winners merchandise. Already have the t-shirt and a scarf.

Still to get a tattoo done.

Pretty Boy
10-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Mines is the same, I'm thinking it will add to it.

Everyone at the game around me was laughing at me because after Stokes scored and the celebrations died down I took my ticket out my pocket where it was crumpled, folded it neatly, put it in my wallet and told everyone it was getting framed. 80 odd minutes later I didn't look so daft.

Mr White
10-06-2016, 08:18 PM

The weathered look gives authenticity imo.

.Sean.
10-06-2016, 08:20 PM

Everyone at the game around me was laughing at me because after Stokes scored and the celebrations died down I took my ticket out my pocket where it was crumpled, folded it neatly, put it in my wallet and told everyone it was getting framed. 80 odd minutes later I didn't look so daft.

The weathered look gives authenticity imo.
Perfect.

Just need to source a programme as left mine at Hampden. Think I'll frame it beside the League Cup win programmes and tickets from 1991 and 2007.

Mr White
10-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Perfect.

Just need to source a programme as left mine at Hampden. Think I'll frame it beside the League Cup win programmes and tickets from 1991 and 2007.

My boys teacher encourages the kids to bring in random items each week for a show and tell. Guess what paddy's was on Monday 23rd May? That's right south upper area h4 row k seat 77 :thumbsup:

WoreTheGreen
10-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Lost my ticket gutted but walking home i found a magic hat any clues who might claim it

.Sean.
10-06-2016, 08:25 PM
My boys teacher encourages the kids to bring in random items each week for a show and tell. Guess what paddy's was on Monday 23rd May? That's right south upper area h4 row k seat 77 :thumbsup:
Teaching them young, I like it :flag:

Northernhibee
10-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Ticket, programme and a few photos from the day will be getting framed.

Waiting for the club to release more winners merchandise. Already have the t-shirt and a scarf.

Still to get a tattoo done.

Have you thought about getting the :hyper face tattooed over your real face? Might be inappropriate for more serious occasions mind you.

SteveHFC
10-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Have you thought about getting the :hyper face tattooed over your real face? Might be inappropriate for more serious occasions mind you.

Sure Haymaker is getting that done :hyper

nonshinyfinish
10-06-2016, 08:35 PM

Absolutely. No ticket should have survived the celebrations without taking a ding or two.

Speaking of mementos, I'm wondering what to do with the boxers I was wearing:

(a) Keep them for use as a 'lucky pair'
(b) Retire them out of respect
(c) Carry them on my person at all times to ward off evil spirits/Hertz *****

Mr White
10-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Teaching them young, I like it :flag:

Much like yourself Sean he's been watching the hibees since before he could talk :flag:

Stantons Angel
10-06-2016, 08:37 PM
i have the usual programme, ticket stub, a team sheet and a Hampden official car park pass. i will frame these along with the photo of my son and me with the Scottish Cup to be taken next week.

The most precious thing i have of that day though is a memory of my son jumping around at the final whistle and giving me a big hug and kiss, saying he was so proud to have shared this moment with me.

That sentiment will live with me all my life along with winning that cup!

Northernhibee
10-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Ticket and programme which I'll frame. Going to gift it to my dad for his birthday (and who also doesn't post on here :greengrin) who couldn't make it as he was just let out of hospital a few days before the final and was recovering.

Got a shirt with GRAY on the back. Likely to get it framed.

ronaldo7
10-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Picked up my framed signed strip and my grandsons ticket. I also ran the bus for the final. Our bus number was 128, the same as my ticket. It looks great framed.

madabouthibs
10-06-2016, 08:48 PM
A selfie of me and my son on the pitch, along with our tickets. It's getting framed as soon as I get a copy of the program. :-D

Cocaine&Caviar
10-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Does a tattoo count?

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Someone on our bus had their Hampden seat with them.

Frazerbob
10-06-2016, 11:05 PM

What a fanny he or she is then.

Thecat23
10-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Why? Surely they will just check who was sitting in that seat and they'll be done for it.

The bright thing to do would be nick a seat on the way out a good bit away from your own!! 😜

SmashinGlass
10-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Yes. My uncle got it. Had a massive long post about it in Facebook the next day along with a photo of him holding it in the ground whilst the pitch was covered in hibs fans.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-06-2016, 11:14 PM

When we were walking up the stairs on our way out a guy in the back row of the East stand was doing his best to kick off his seat to take with him. No idea if he managed to get it off or not.

Not sure I agree with it but I suppose everyone wanted their own piece of Hampden that day. A selfie on the pitch was sufficient enough for me

Greencore
11-06-2016, 01:06 AM
I met someone who stole the camera mans seat 😂

Match programme and ticket also een newspapers Monday and wednesday edition getting framed.

OsloHibs
11-06-2016, 01:53 AM

Mine was exactly the same!
But I still put it in a frame with a selfie of me on the pitch and one of me at the parade with the hibs bus in the background.

...and I get that 'feeling' everytime I look at it. Always will.

IWasThere2016
11-06-2016, 04:07 AM
Perfect.

Tried to PM you but your box is full. See my Last post on Radge's thread there's a fair view on ebay now - and one starting at 1p

lucky
11-06-2016, 05:43 AM
I've got my ticket and program from the final and Hanlon's semi final shirt.

sbell1875
11-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Didn't buy a programme and my ticket got slightly wet and now has an ink mark on it :(

I guess a photo with the trophy is what I'll have to settle for.

ski1875
11-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Other than the Hampden turf/corner flags and parts of the net.... What's everyone's mementos from the final?

I've got my dad to thank for buying (then smelling) a match programme at every game we attended as a wee laddie so I made sure I bought my cup final programme before the game. Also got my match ticket.

Both will be framed over the coming weeks. Anybody doing similar?

I have my match ticket to be framed with my programme which is signed by stokes and gray

southfieldhibby
11-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Doing a montage of every round of the cup stubs with score, a picture from tynie of hanlon just after the equaliser that I'm in, a picture of gray running towards the support after he scores that I'm also in and a photo of me and my pals with the cup. It's gonna be massive and my missus will kill me, but so what!

hibsfan
11-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Yes. My uncle got it. Had a massive long post about it in Facebook the next day along with a photo of him holding it in the ground whilst the pitch was covered in hibs fans.

Hate to upset u mate - he has A match ball - the one that was used for the majority of the game (and the equalising and winning goals) is at Easter road.

southfieldhibby
11-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Hate to upset u mate - he has A match ball - the one that was used for the majority of the game (and the equalising and winning goals) is at Easter road.

Was there a single ball used for most of the game? The ball boys interchange as they get play started ASAP, don't think there's one more uswd than the other?

Austinho
11-06-2016, 11:08 AM
My plane ticket from New Zealand back home, and the photo of my dad and I celebrating together at Hampden after I'd flown back to surprise him!

hibsfan
11-06-2016, 11:16 AM
With professional games there is always one primary ball and where possible this is the ball that should be used. The first and second halves will always start with the same ball, assuming the ball is still usable - who knows how they know which is which!

I can confirm that the club possesses the official match ball. As they should

easty
11-06-2016, 11:24 AM

How do you know? The balls interchange throughout the game.

Franck Le God
11-06-2016, 11:38 AM
My girlfriend decided to set up a little shrine to the day, plan to add the photo with the cup when I get that sorted :flag:

Topographic Hibby
11-06-2016, 11:43 AM
How do you know? The balls interchange throughout the game.

At one point in the 2nd half, Lord David Gray takes a throw-in, but first turns to the ball boys and throws the ball to them in exchange for another ball. First one going soft perhaps?

Boyle89
11-06-2016, 12:18 PM
I've got my ticket stuffed inside a big book to try and flatten it.
Not from the final but my friend works at hibs and he got me a ball for my birthday and got the players to sign it. 3 weeks later it's now my most prized possession😊

Dunedin Hibs
11-06-2016, 12:27 PM
My plane ticket from New Zealand back home, and the photo of my dad and I celebrating together at Hampden after I'd flown back to surprise him!

That would be me I guess..and a wee bit of Hampden turf (that fell off a clod, from someone walking by us, handed to me by my dad...saying "you might want to take this home" ). Probably the furthest the Hampden turf has travelled perhaps.

Brilliant

MKHIBEE
11-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Got a programme, 2 ticket stubs ( signed by Craig and Charlie Reid) and the shirts we wore on the day all going to be framed and hung on the living room wall.

Craig_HFC
11-06-2016, 01:31 PM
This so far.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160611/2bce82baa6258482ca79a1b4f31d8bf5.jpg

Greencore
11-06-2016, 01:32 PM
With professional games there is always one primary ball and where possible this is the ball that should be used. The first and second halves will always start with the same ball, assuming the ball is still usable - who knows how they know which is which!

I can confirm that the club possesses the official match ball. As they should
Totally agree with this post.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-06-2016, 01:34 PM
This so far.

Amazing 😍😍

mjhibby
11-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Can't wait to get my picture with the cup with my wee one with my persevered t shirt,SC winners scarf etc. The mementos are great and the memories will only get better with time. Just watched the last few minutes of the final and just thinking stubbsy won't ever getting a high like that in his career.

Topographic Hibby
11-06-2016, 01:40 PM
This so far.

Fantastic. Given me inspiration to do something similar. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

WoreTheGreen
11-06-2016, 01:46 PM
His other half disny no yet

Just Jimmy
11-06-2016, 01:57 PM
This so far.

Thats mint. How did you get that picture that size? Did it look great or is it blurred a bit?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
11-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Thats mint. How did you get that picture that size? Did it look great or is it blurred a bit?

Looks fine, not blurred. All I did was transfer the pic to my laptop, bought some glossy 'photo paper' (A4 size) for the printer and printed the picture out on it.

Here's a wee close up of it:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160611/07131ae1e0919309245618f86c289c5b.jpg

Just Jimmy
11-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Looks fine, not blurred. All I did was transfer the pic to my laptop, bought some glossy 'photo paper' (A4 size) for the printer and printed the picture out on it.

Here's a wee close up of it:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160611/07131ae1e0919309245618f86c289c5b.jpg
Fair play. Looks class. I have the picture on my phone. Will that work?

Craig_HFC
11-06-2016, 02:03 PM

Yeah that's all I had, just transferred it to my laptop and printed it from there.

Craig_HFC
11-06-2016, 02:04 PM
His other half disny no yet

Haha it's amazing what you can get done while Ladies Day is on!

Just Jimmy
11-06-2016, 02:10 PM

Great stuff. Like i say looks cracking.

Craig_HFC
11-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Great stuff. Like i say looks cracking.

Cheers mate!

hibs0666
11-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Just found out that I had been invited to the civic reception but invite was sent to an email account that was rarely checked.

Gutted is not the word.

SquashedFrogg
11-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Still got my massive grin and a grass stain on my jeans....

Not the first time I can say that but this time it's due to pumping huns :agree:

spike220
12-06-2016, 07:34 AM

Nah... it is ruined, you had better give it to me, only I know know how to safely dispose of such items safely! :greengrin

FranckSuzy
12-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Still got my massive grin and a grass stain on my jeans....

Not the first time I can say that but this time it's due to pumping huns :agree:

:faf:

Scouse Hibee
12-06-2016, 07:44 AM
Anyone needing a ticket can have mine,drop me a PM and I will post it to you. We have two,my laddie will end up framing his but happy to help someone else create a memo of the day.

Scouse Hibee
12-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Anyone needing a ticket can have mine,drop me a PM and I will post it to you. We have two,my laddie will end up framing his but happy to help someone else create a memo of the day.

Gone to spike220

PercyHibs
12-06-2016, 08:40 AM
I managed to get a strip and programme signed by all the players and coaching staff on the Sunday after the final. Both going in a frame with the tickets for all the rounds.

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-06-2016, 01:13 PM

What a gesture. Top Man

LustForLeith
12-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Cup final ticket, programme, bit of Hampden turf and one of only two balls signed by the entire team in the day if the final all going in some sort of display.

Can wait to tell the wife

Ritchie
13-06-2016, 08:34 AM

<----- I got mcginns right boot

Now sitting in a display case in my living room. Moved my wedding photos out to make space for it

.Sean.
13-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Ordered an official team sheet from eBay and have bids on a few programmes so should get sorted.

Will look minted in a frame beside my ticket and a photo of me on my mates shoulders in the centre circle :hibees

SuperAllyMcleod
13-06-2016, 04:58 PM
I had this on my wall since 1991 - only took it down after we lost to Ross County this year. It was much admired by football fans who came to the house and one Jambo said (pre 98) that if Hearts ever won a cup he would do the same - he never did!

Bristolhibby
13-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Not that I was even there but one of the lads on our bus in 2007 got Rob Jones shirt that he chucked into the crowd at full time. We all got to try it on and get photos wearing Big Rabs Cup winning jersey. There was also a CIS Cup Winners flag that another lad swapped with Zemmama for the fez he was wearing.

J

Cheshire Hibby
28-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Just got this back from the framers. Really delighted with the finish.

Highland_Hibee
29-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Just got this back from the framers. Really delighted with the finish.

That would have cost a few bob? Worth every penny.[emoji6]

Here is my one, hung above my bed.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/fbe50ee585ecdeafecd4bb3a959408bc.jpg

BoomtownHibees
29-09-2016, 08:10 AM

Where did you get that done mate and how much?

Callum7
29-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Here's some of mine.

http://i67.tinypic.com/avqviu.jpghttp://i66.tinypic.com/2lia3w4.jpg

Highland_Hibee
29-09-2016, 08:18 AM
Where did you get that done mate and how much?

"We Frame It" up here in Inverness.

It was around £150. Could have been less had I chosen to use a copy of the front page of the programme. I wanted the real thing so it was more work for them.

Priceless to me!

Cheshire Hibby
29-09-2016, 08:43 AM

paid £190 and yes, worth every penny.

southsider
29-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Still have the newspapers from 72. 91,07 LC wins plus 21/5/16 SC win.

DaveSo
29-09-2016, 09:48 AM
My framed momento is quite similar.
Also got actual cup final strip signed by the players framed this week too.
Very happy with both.
Priceless.

MSK
29-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Not quite from the cup final but the following day at the sponsors event, my signed and framed Jason Cummings top courtesy of hibs.net, hung proud on the upstairs wall in the hall.

( my photo with scottish cup will accompany it when framed ) 😄

Bristolhibby
29-09-2016, 03:21 PM
I've got the Programme Framed and the team sheet signed by John McGinn also framed on my lads bedroom wall.

Also got the Cup Final embroidery, embroidered on my shirt. Now a treasured possession.

J

The Pointer
29-09-2016, 08:11 PM
And now for something completely different - so bear with me!
:idea:
For a few years now I've been attending a ceramic sculpture evening class. The last one finished earlier this year just after the Cup Final and I had a bit of time left and some clay and wanted to do something to celebrate The Great Achievement.

Being fond of a bevy, I decided to make a beer mug, in this case slightly larger than a pint as I always think you can't get enough of a good thing. Also it would be the ideal medium to decorate and celebrate The Great Achievement, but as we don't have wheels in the school where the class is held it was made as a coil pot -such as how Grayson Perry makes his big 'jars'. (And if you ken who he is, no, I dinnae dress up as a wee lassie!)

I didn't have enough time to finish it at the class so brought it home along with a dod of clay with the intention of working on it over the summer, but two cataract operations delayed progress somewhat. At the moment I'm in the process of decorating it with suitable lettering but have changed my mind on the detail so it'll take some time as it's quite intricate work cutting out each one individually. The handle has to be made as well which is something I haven't done before so will probably make a few attempts before I'm happy.

Even when it's finished and hardened it has to be fired in the kiln which won't be until the next class in the new year. After that it has to be glazed which will be at least a two stage affair before I see the final product and can fill it for the first time with Fyne Ales 'Jarl'.

Whenever there is progress I'll keep you abreast of developments (if anyone's interested), but bear in mind it's likely to take longer than the Cup Final DVD.

:smug::flag:

staunchhibby
29-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Got my final programme signed on the front by the players involved.

Onion
30-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Got my final programme signed on the front by the players involved.

How did you manage that ?

CallumLaidlaw
30-09-2016, 10:40 AM
I have a programme signed by Gray, Stubbs and Fyvie. My match ticket signed by Gray. I have a picture of David Gray on his knees after the whistle which I got him to sign, and I have my sons away shirt from last season signed by the full team. Will get the shirt, programme and ticket framed at some point. Also have pictures with most of the squad at the sponsors event the day after the final, so have a few of them in a collage frame.

Bill Milne
30-09-2016, 10:50 AM
My photo of me with the Cup is enough for me, if only to prove it wasn't a dream!!

jacomo
30-09-2016, 10:53 AM
I have a programme signed by Gray, Stubbs and Fyvie. My match ticket signed by Gray. I have a picture of David Gray on his knees after the whistle which I got him to sign, and I have my sons away shirt from last season signed by the full team. Will get the shirt, programme and ticket signed. Also have pictures with most of the squad at the sponsors event the day after the final, so have a few of them in a collage frame.

You might get a restraining order soon too if you carry on like this.

:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
30-09-2016, 10:55 AM
You might get a restraining order soon too if you carry on like this.

:wink:

Well, I approached Sir David in Hospitality at the Dunfermline game, and he definitely took a couple of steps backwards :greengrin

Ringothedog
30-09-2016, 12:57 PM
My photo of me with the Cup is enough for me, if only to prove it wasn't a dream!!

Wake up Bill, the bus for the final leaves in 30 minutes........................................... ............:greengrin

LichtieHibby
30-09-2016, 03:21 PM
A mate of mine broke his ankle at the first goal. I guess that's a memento of sorts!

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2016, 03:52 PM
A mate of mine broke his ankle at the first goal. I guess that's a memento of sorts!

Did he realise at the time or did he stay til the end?

I dislocated my knee celebrating the 3rd goal in the cis league cup final!

Onceinawhile
30-09-2016, 10:02 PM
And now for something completely different - so bear with me!
:idea:
For a few years now I've been attending a ceramic sculpture evening class. The last one finished earlier this year just after the Cup Final and I had a bit of time left and some clay and wanted to do something to celebrate The Great Achievement.

Being fond of a bevy, I decided to make a beer mug, in this case slightly larger than a pint as I always think you can't get enough of a good thing. Also it would be the ideal medium to decorate and celebrate The Great Achievement, but as we don't have wheels in the school where the class is held it was made as a coil pot -such as how Grayson Perry makes his big 'jars'. (And if you ken who he is, no, I dinnae dress up as a wee lassie!)

I didn't have enough time to finish it at the class so brought it home along with a dod of clay with the intention of working on it over the summer, but two cataract operations delayed progress somewhat. At the moment I'm in the process of decorating it with suitable lettering but have changed my mind on the detail so it'll take some time as it's quite intricate work cutting out each one individually. The handle has to be made as well which is something I haven't done before so will probably make a few attempts before I'm happy.

Even when it's finished and hardened it has to be fired in the kiln which won't be until the next class in the new year. After that it has to be glazed which will be at least a two stage affair before I see the final product and can fill it for the first time with Fyne Ales 'Jarl'.

Whenever there is progress I'll keep you abreast of developments (if anyone's interested), but bear in mind it's likely to take longer than the Cup Final DVD.

:smug::flag:

It might just be the way you tell it, but I want an update every time there is one.