PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Leave Early?

zemmamarama
10-06-2016, 04:40 PM
I was just reading another thread and a guy said he left with 15 mins to go. I'm not sure whether he was joking or not but there may have been people who left before we scored number 3.

Imagine that? You'd be ****ing suicidal!

Ged
10-06-2016, 04:42 PM
The guy in front of me took his wee boy to the bog right on 90 mins. No doubt to miss the rush between full time and the start of extra time......

jacomo
10-06-2016, 04:53 PM
The guy in front of me took his wee boy to the bog right on 90 mins. No doubt to miss the rush between full time and the start of extra time......

Someone has written about that experience on here.

I'm pretty sure the reference to leaving 15 mins early was a joke.

So far as I'm aware, there was no one left feeling like those Liverpool fans who left the Istanbul stadium at half time in 2005...

zemmamarama
10-06-2016, 04:57 PM

So far as I'm aware, there was no one left feeling like those Liverpool fans who left the Istanbul stadium at half time in 2005...

I did a search for "leaving early" but nothing came up for the final.

I also thought that guy was joking but it made me think - what if?

Super_JMcGinn
10-06-2016, 04:58 PM

There were quite a few who left after Rangers 2nd, though like the Falkirk semi when we were 3 down they won't say who they are.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-06-2016, 04:58 PM
A couple folk around me walked up the stairs shaking their heads just after 75 mins. Nae joy if they missed the best 15 mins I've ever had supporting hibs

Sas_The_Hibby
10-06-2016, 05:01 PM
I left after 4 minutes because I knew we had the game wrapped up already........... :greengrin

Finn2015
10-06-2016, 05:03 PM
I left after 4 minutes because I knew we had the game wrapped up already........... :greengrin

Yeah all sewn up we just let Rangers score twice make a fist of it

Finn2015
10-06-2016, 05:09 PM

Yeah all sewn up we just let Rangers score twice make a fist of it

Dave-O
10-06-2016, 05:13 PM
After halliday scored and signalled to the zombies not to worry he had this, I decided to nip out the back of the east for a quick fag and was standing at one of they red barriers when about 5/6 folk walked out and right down the steps, a wee woman about 40ish 5ft tall came out for a smoke and shouted down to them "where the f*** are you rats going, get back here ya sh*******, funniest thing I've seen, we stood talking, finished our fags went back in and after the presentation as we where leaving I seen her leaving and ran over and gave her a big kiss and cuddle. :greengrin

SJM
10-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Boy beside me went to the toilet and missed the equaliser then at 90 he said he was going again as he didn't want to miss extra time. Came back delighted but I would have been raging. I had cramp for some reason the majority of the game.

Super_JMcGinn
10-06-2016, 05:24 PM

There were quite a few who left not long after Rangers second goal, I doubt many will admit it though.

sambajustice
10-06-2016, 05:25 PM
I know for a fact there were 2 radges at the game who missed all 3 of Hibs goals...

Onion
10-06-2016, 05:31 PM
There were quite a few who left not long after Rangers second goal, I doubt many will admit it though.

Thought those who left at HT when we were 0-3 down to Falkirk made a bad call. Those who left at 1-2 to the Huns in the SC Final, there is simply no consolation. Missed the greatest ending to any Hibs game... EVER.

lord bunberry
10-06-2016, 05:40 PM
I know a couple of folk who left with 15 minutes to go at the pbs. Gutted doesn't even nearly sum up how they felt, they were only at haymarket by the time we equalised.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2016, 05:43 PM
If you left before the end then get it right round you, no sympathy whatsoever ...... how anybody can chuck the toys oot the pram in a cup final with the team only 2 - 1 down and 25 minutes still to go is beyond me.

Onceinawhile
10-06-2016, 05:50 PM
I was just reading another thread and a guy said he left with 15 mins to go. I'm not sure whether he was joking or not but there may have been people who left before we scored number 3.

Just to clear it up. I was joking, but on my phone so couldn't do a smiley.

Didn't leave early in 12 or 13 so certainly wouldn't in 16!

CockneyRebel
10-06-2016, 05:53 PM

My bro in law (60 and a hibby from birth) left at TWO - TWO later saying that he couldn't face another defeat and was sure The Rangers would score again probably in extra time. WE HAD JUST EQUALISED and starting to flow again and HE LEFT. Waited all his life and missed the greatest celebration I have ever witnessed.

Yuillsy
10-06-2016, 05:56 PM
There were quite a few who left after Rangers 2nd, though like the Falkirk semi when we were 3 down they won't say who they are.

I left the Falkirk semi as soon as it went to 3-0. I have no problem admitting that, it was stupid and done in the heat of the moment.
I can't believe anyone would've left the final early though??
Even when Halliday scored I thought we were still well in the match, all we needed was a lucky break or a decent set piece. Happily we got 2!!!

hibbypostie
10-06-2016, 06:10 PM
guy in my work left at 75mins he still looks suicidal

lapsedhibee
10-06-2016, 06:17 PM

Would shirley make more sense to leave after 75 mins at 2-1 down than to miss the third (ie leave at 2-2 with ET to come - especially with ET being a Hibby).

calumhibee1
10-06-2016, 06:23 PM
I can't believe with one goal in it that anyone would leave early. Even at 90 minutes I would never leave, even if it was a league game against Dumbarton, never mind the SC final.

Mick O'Rourke
10-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Had Falkirk got a 4th that day, i think many more would have left .
I may well have.
Thankfully i did not leave at 3-0 and witnessed the comeback.
On the Final
I met a guy in the Clermiston Inn the day after.
The guy in question admitted to leaving the game after they scored their second goal.
He sauntered off to Montfords, cursing the missed chances .. had 3 tequilas rapid and a pint.
Then watched Anthony head the equaliser on the pub screen ;-)
He ran back to the Stadium and was allowed back in.
So all is well that ends well, i suppose.
Personal note
Being 64 yrs of age, thank God we did it at last !

Spirits in the Sky !!

Newry Hibs
10-06-2016, 07:24 PM
I was in the very back row of the east and there were about 4 guys appeared behind us just about as we equalised and stayed there until the end. So it may have looked like they left.

Danderhall Hibs
10-06-2016, 07:40 PM
I think Andy Halliday clocked off a minute or 2 too early as well.

CraigHibee
10-06-2016, 07:44 PM
anyone that left before the end will be physically spewing, I've learned my lesson about leaving early before and haven't done it since :)

Bristolhibby
10-06-2016, 08:15 PM
I left the Falkirk semi as soon as it went to 3-0. I have no problem admitting that, it was stupid and done in the heat of the moment.
I can't believe anyone would've left the final early though??
Even when Halliday scored I thought we were still well in the match, all we needed was a lucky break or a decent set piece. Happily we got 2!!!

I left at 3-0.

Won the game just as our taxi pulled up outside the Harp and Castle.

Big regret. That and going to my wife's wedding three weeks ago!

J

.Sean.
10-06-2016, 08:27 PM
I sat disconsolate in the concourse for ten mins after Rangers scored their second. Back in my seat for 2-2 tho :aok:

Stax
10-06-2016, 08:28 PM
My missus called me a psycho for making my laddie sit till the end of the final that ended us as club...He was greetin leaving the ground that day as I told him our day will come & times like this will make it all the sweeter....
Understatement of the Century as it turned out but when the tears stopped & we were shell shocked on the bus home after pumping the Huns he gave me a wee nudge and said 'you were right Dad'.:greengrin

nonshinyfinish
10-06-2016, 08:28 PM
This is genuinely painful to read. Can you imagine… :bitchy:

nonshinyfinish
10-06-2016, 08:30 PM
My missus called me a psycho for making my laddie sit till the end of the final that ended us as club...He was greetin leaving the ground that day as I told him our day will come & times like this will make it all the sweeter....
Understatement of the Century as it turned out but when the tears stopped & we were shell shocked on the bus home after pumping the Huns he gave me a wee nudge and said 'you were right Dad'.:greengrin

Yep, my dad instilled in me the principle of staying to the end no matter what. Turns out it's great advice.

Pretty Boy
10-06-2016, 08:34 PM
The only game I can remember leaving early is the 2012 cup final. As soon as it went 4-1 I left. Funnily enough what seemed like the end of the world then doesn't seem as bad now.....

I've stayed to the bitter end of some real doings; 7-0 at Ibrox, 4-0 at McDiarmid, 6-2 at Fir Park, 3-0 at Pittodrie are a few lowlights. With that in mind I can't imagine ever leaving a cup final that we were still live in early.

IWasThere2016
10-06-2016, 08:35 PM
I stayed to the bitter end in 2012.

When we returned for semi v Falkirk, I expected us to go at the Bairns. Instead , we were insipid. I left at HT.

I Was There 2016 :greengrin

johnbc70
10-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Yep, my dad instilled in me the principle of staying to the end no matter what. Turns out it's great advice.

My Dad did the same as he told me some story about leaving early and Ian St John scored a hat-trick in last few minutes (was for Motherwell v Hibs I think)

Hedlund12
10-06-2016, 08:49 PM
I didn't leave the ground but sadly missed the 3rd goal and the final whistle!
My wee girl jammed her leg in the seats when we brought it back to 2-2. Security got a first aider for me and they insisted she went to the first aid room. I had to carry her up the bl**dy stairs.
Hibs scored the 3rd... I ran out the first aid room... ran around screaming like a grade A radge, then ran back into the first aid room and told them "she's fine, she's coming with me now." They insisted I fill in an incident form... I rattled some rubbish on it. I left with my wee one in my arms.. back to my seat... where my best pal was crying her eyes out. My 12 year old was ecstatic and my daughter was still crying as she thought her leg was broken.
21st May 2016 a day that will live with me forever. (And I'll never let my daughter forget it!!)

SJM
10-06-2016, 09:04 PM
I left at 3-0.

Won the game just as our taxi pulled up outside the Harp and Castle.

Big regret. That and going to my wife's wedding three weeks ago!

J

Congratulations.

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2016, 09:07 PM
I didn't leave the ground but sadly missed the 3rd goal and the final whistle!
My wee girl jammed her leg in the seats when we brought it back to 2-2. Security got a first aider for me and they insisted she went to the first aid room. I had to carry her up the bl**dy stairs.
Hibs scored the 3rd... I ran out the first aid room... ran around screaming like a grade A radge, then ran back into the first aid room and told them "she's fine, she's coming with me now." They insisted I fill in an incident form... I rattled some rubbish on it. I left with my wee one in my arms.. back to my seat... where my best pal was crying her eyes out. My 12 year old was ecstatic and my daughter was still crying as she thought her leg was broken.
21st May 2016 a day that will live with me forever. (And I'll never let my daughter forget it!!)

Were you in the south lower mate?

keep the faith
10-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Guy in front of me spent most of the match steaming drunk shouting at rangers supporters then stomped out after their 2nd saying "Im not watching this!!" His friends couldn't persuade him to stay and he left, dramatically sticking the finger up at the rangers end.
Ooopps.....

SteveHFC
10-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Went to the toilet around the 75th minute mark. Just got back into my seat when Stokes scored again.

Bristolhibby
10-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Congratulations.

Haha, should have qualified that. Wife's mates wedding.

J

fishybeaver
10-06-2016, 10:52 PM
I was in the bogs at Hampden when Grey scored!!

jacomo
10-06-2016, 11:03 PM
My bro in law (60 and a hibby from birth) left at TWO - TWO later saying that he couldn't face another defeat and was sure The Rangers would score again probably in extra time. WE HAD JUST EQUALISED and starting to flow again and HE LEFT. Waited all his life and missed the greatest celebration I have ever witnessed.

This is the worst of the lot!

Hope he's now beaten his fear of Hibs always losing SC finals.

bigstu
10-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Guy i know left when we were 2-1 down, he goes to all the games but missed us winning the cup!! :(

snooky
10-06-2016, 11:18 PM
Didn't half the police force leave after 70 mins to prepare for celebrations elsewhere?

OtleyHibs
11-06-2016, 12:06 AM
Couldn't make the game due to an accident resulting in cracked ribs and a £300 dental bill which took my final trip money. Thought I would be sadder about not being there should we win but when Gray nodded in the greatest goal of all time I realised it didn't matter.

Wether you were there, at home or stuck in hampden toilets with your kids, we won the cup!!

Wish I could have been there but again all that really matters is we won, still can't quite believe it!

Sorry to ramble but last point, I was only eligible for one ticket, the accident meant I was with my son when we done it and I wouldn't change that for the world, fate played a big part in that day for all of us in my opinion

E10 Rifle
11-06-2016, 04:45 AM
I can't believe with one goal in it that anyone would leave early. Even at 90 minutes I would never leave, even if it was a league game against Dumbarton, never mind the SC final.

You are a better man than me then - I will admit I stormed out of the League Cup Final immediately after Ross County scored their winner - I had had enough. Didn't utter a word to anyone I was driving until Harthill and that was only to swear! :rolleyes:

At that point in the season it was just such a typical Hibs performance, letting us down again (I had gone fully expecting us hump them) and losing to what I thought was a garbage side. With a replay against ICT away in the cup and us falling off the league pace I could just feel the treble loss coming on and more humiliation ahead.

Glad to say I stayed all the way in the SC final though.

E10 Rifle
11-06-2016, 04:55 AM
The only game I can remember leaving early is the 2012 cup final. As soon as it went 4-1 I left. Funnily enough what seemed like the end of the world then doesn't seem as bad now.....

I've stayed to the bitter end of some real doings; 7-0 at Ibrox, 4-0 at McDiarmid, 6-2 at Fir Park, 3-0 at Pittodrie are a few lowlights. With that in mind I can't imagine ever leaving a cup final that we were still live in early.

On the flip of leaving early. In the 6-2 game you mention I missed our two goals at Fir Park as I was late (we were 2-0 up after 8 mins). I then watched Motherwell score 6 :boo hoo:

p.s. at least it got rid of Duffy

CentreLine
11-06-2016, 06:29 AM
More disappointed I didn't make the final. Had a "holiday of a lifetime" booked since before last year's final so no thoughts of a glory day at that time. Added to that I've always thought I was the jinx. Mind you I've seen plenty contenders for that on here too. But I learned my lesson about leaving early at the 1974 World Cup in Germany. 1-0 down to Yugoslavia with five minutes to go I left Frankfurt Stadium only to hear the cheer as Peter Lorimer scored to equalise. Not enough to keep us in the tournament but gutted to have missed it.
It wouldn't have been me but I bet the people that left Hampden early will keep a very low profile. But even if the missed the finally they can still tell anyone that will listen that they were there the day Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup, albeit with a tinge of regret.

Godsahibby
11-06-2016, 06:42 AM
3 next to me disappeared up the steps before Stokes equaliser. No idea if they left the stadium or not.

Hedlund12
11-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Were you in the south lower mate?

Yes I was.

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Yes I was.

I remember seeing you guys heading out. Hope the wee one is ok now

MB62
11-06-2016, 09:07 AM
I know for a fact there were 2 radges at the game who missed all 3 of Hibs goals...

I forgot they missed the first goal too :faf:

malcky
11-06-2016, 10:07 AM
My Dad did the same as he told me some story about leaving early and Ian St John scored a hat-trick in last few minutes (was for Motherwell v Hibs I think)

I missed paddy stantons late goal at tynecastle and decided never again

Mikers110
11-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Never left any game before final whistle. Even when we are being royaly pumped i.e 2012 I would never give the opposition fans the satisfaction of seeing me leave the stadium.

hibs69
11-06-2016, 04:42 PM
The father/son thing was complete opposite for me in 2012. 19 year old son (when it went 3-1) "AHHHH FK THIS SHEEYITE! AM OFF!"
"Get back here, there's still time"
"NUT, GONE BACK TAE THE BUS!"

I left at 4-1.

Apologies to the "Stay til the Enders!"

jgl07
11-06-2016, 06:20 PM
When the moaners left at 0-3, it totally lifted the gloom and the negativity departed. The crowd got behind Hibs rather than booing and the comeback happened.

Borderhibbie76
12-06-2016, 08:59 AM

Unfortunately I'm blessed with a Jambo brother ( I know think my mum dropped him in his head as a baby) and he was out pissed on Friday night and sent me a photo of him and his mates giving it the 5 1 gestures. I just replied means nowt anymore bro - That's what's really hurting them now the 5 1 effect has vanished and it just makes 21/05/16 all the sweeter and more significant now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
12-06-2016, 09:02 AM
You are a better man than me then - I will admit I stormed out of the League Cup Final immediately after Ross County scored their winner - I had had enough. Didn't utter a word to anyone I was driving until Harthill and that was only to swear! :rolleyes:

At that point in the season it was just such a typical Hibs performance, letting us down again (I had gone fully expecting us hump them) and losing to what I thought was a garbage side. With a replay against ICT away in the cup and us falling off the league pace I could just feel the treble loss coming on and more humiliation ahead.

Glad to say I stayed all the way in the SC final though.
It was disappointing yes but thought Hibs were excellent that day tbh and we should also have the league cup in the cabinet keeping the Scottish Cup company- but I know which one I'm happier with

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
12-06-2016, 09:10 AM
I think that anyone that left early were guilty of provocation of the The Rangers Fans, as it perpetuated an unacceptable sectarian stereotype....

...or somethin'.

:wink:

mim
12-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Left the 1968/9 League Cup final early, when Celtic scored to make it 6-0.
Got back to the car in time to hear on the radio about Hibs' FIRST goal - gave me a bit of hope that we had managed a 6-6 draw :rolleyes:

(game had finished 6-2 :boo hoo:)

GreenOnions
12-06-2016, 10:44 PM
I think Andy Halliday clocked off a minute or 2 too early as well.

Ha, ha - he sure did! :greengrin

LustForLeith
13-06-2016, 10:45 AM
At Shettlestoun Juniors before the game there were two lads who were a little worse for wear. One of them was carried out by his pals. I wonder if they ever sobered up in time to get into the game. If not, you'd be spewing...