PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PAYMENT PLAN WINDOW EXTENDED

RSS Bot
10-06-2016, 12:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6566)

brianmc
10-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Nice one! Should help reach the 10k mark.

pacoluna
10-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Nice one! Should help reach the 10k mark.
why Is there a deadline for this payment method? :confused:

lucky
10-06-2016, 12:38 PM

Two posts in and your moaning. Why?

Alex Trager
10-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Two posts in and your moaning. Why?

Good point though?

Billy McKirdy
10-06-2016, 12:41 PM
This is great news.
Was not going to buy mines until after my holiday next month so this is ideal for me.

flash
10-06-2016, 12:43 PM

Why wouldn't there be? Should Hibs just let folk pay when it suits them?

Hibby Gav
10-06-2016, 12:46 PM

A special offer isn't special unless it's on for only a limited time...

lucky
10-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Good point though?

How? On any other payment plan it has a start and finish point. Too many Hibs fans moan at the club all the time for nothing. Hibs don't have to facilitate a credit option for fans.

pacoluna
10-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Why wouldn't there be? Should Hibs just let folk pay when it suits them?

Yes if you want to drive season ticket sales by any means possible, its clear they are extending it because it has been successful so why put a deadline on it before the start of the season.

Alex Trager
10-06-2016, 12:51 PM
How? On any other payment plan it has a start and finish point. Too many Hibs fans moan at the club all the time for nothing. Hibs don't have to facilitate a credit option for fans.

They don't have to but they do.

Why not just make it available u til season tickets are no longer available to buy?

Finn2015
10-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Great decision by the club and I think they have shown consideration to some fans and their circumstances. Cannot fault the club at all. Hopefully people will respond to this and sign up. Let's get 20,000 st holders and make Easter road a 40k stadium lol

pacoluna
10-06-2016, 12:53 PM
A special offer isn't special unless it's on for only a limited time...
if this method of payment is boosting season ticket sales then I don't see any reason for there to be a deadline before the start of the season. The deadline has already been shifted twice.

JimBHibees
10-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Great move total common sense.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2016, 01:13 PM
I suppose there is a deadline because Hibs need to start getting the money in ASAP before the start of the season. The other thing is that I'm sure Hibs ( like any business ) prefer to see their money up front.

A large number of folk paying in instalments means more chance of folk cancelling their DDs for any number of reasons before they have paid in full ... in fact lets face it, if we end up having a bad season and are out of the running there's gonna be folk who give up going and cancel their payments. If you commit to the payment plan can you just do that, or are you locked in to paying the full amount no matter what?

Whatever the case, its brilliant that they have moved the deadline to the end of July, that should go a long way to hitting the 10K mark for season tickets ... in fact it would be nice to think we could even exceed that.

Finn2015
10-06-2016, 01:14 PM
You are locked in to the extent that if you default on payment they will chase it and I guess bring legal action in the advent of non payment

Gatecrasher
10-06-2016, 01:26 PM

Probably because it cost hibs money.

SlickShoes
10-06-2016, 01:31 PM
I suppose there is a deadline because Hibs need to start getting the money in ASAP before the start of the season. The other thing is that I'm sure Hibs ( like any business ) prefer to see their money up front.

A large number of folk paying in instalments means more chance of folk cancelling their DDs for any number of reasons before they have paid in full ... in fact lets face it, if we end up having a bad season and are out of the running there's gonna be folk who give up going and cancel their payments. If you commit to the payment plan can you just do that, or are you locked in to paying the full amount no matter what?

Whatever the case, its brilliant that they have moved the deadline to the end of July, that should go a long way to hitting the 10K mark for season tickets ... in fact it would be nice to think we could even exceed that.

It's 4 installments, how could we really be out of the running by October?

CallumLaidlaw
10-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Hibs get the money up front from Zebra, so any cancelling of DD's would only harm the person cancelling as it will affect their credit file and they'll have a debt with a loan company.

Its worth remembering that -
1)a lot of clubs don't offer this option
2) those that do get the customer to pay the interest themselves.

It's a great scheme that allows a lot of folk to get Season tickets that wouldnt normally be able to. Well done to them for working with Zebra to build in an extension.

Marco G
10-06-2016, 01:39 PM
They don't have to but they do.

Why not just make it available u til season tickets are no longer available to buy? The idea behind season tickets is to get the cash up front to let the club plan for the new season! Extending it to the end of July is fair and won't upset those that paid a few months ago. If anyone wants to use the payment plan Hibs take the hit and pay the interest on it. I think they are being very fair in extending it to end of July but given that the season starts not long after that I don't see how they could extend it much further anyway!

HibbyAl
10-06-2016, 01:52 PM

The new deadline is 1 week before the season starts.

What's the issue with that? If you want a season ticket for the start of the season you need to start paying for it beforehand.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Hibs get the money up front from Zebra, so any cancelling of DD's would only harm the person cancelling as it will affect their credit file and they'll have a debt with a loan company.

Its worth remembering that -
1)a lot of clubs don't offer this option
2) those that do get the customer to pay the interest themselves.

It's a great scheme that allows a lot of folk to get Season tickets that wouldnt normally be able to. Well done to them for working with Zebra to build in an extension.

Ah right ... good that Hibs don't take a hit then.

SlickShoes
10-06-2016, 01:57 PM
I hope they offer this in the same manner next season. Had I known it was going to be available after I was back my summer holiday I'd maybe have been able to afford a season ticket. As it stands my money has went elsewhere (hibs TV and HSL) as well as my holiday. Being able to pay over a few installments really is fantastic so long may it continue!

hibbysam
10-06-2016, 02:16 PM
if this method of payment is boosting season ticket sales then I don't see any reason for there to be a deadline before the start of the season. The deadline has already been shifted twice.

The club still have to try and get as many people paying up front as possible though, otherwise the concept of a season ticket to the club is lost. Its all well and good getting an extra 500 signed up but they won't see the money for a few months, and some may cancel before it is all paid.

lord bunberry
10-06-2016, 02:44 PM
I was in the undecided camp, but the fact that this has been extended until after I return from my holiday will mean I will be renewing.

wazoo1875
10-06-2016, 02:52 PM
The club still have to try and get as many people paying up front as possible though, otherwise the concept of a season ticket to the club is lost. Its all well and good getting an extra 500 signed up but they won't see the money for a few months, and some may cancel before it is all paid.

But hibs do get the money up front, zebra finance give the club the money and the customer pays it back to zebra finance.

Pete
10-06-2016, 02:53 PM
It's all good.

Alex Trager
10-06-2016, 06:47 PM
The idea behind season tickets is to get the cash up front to let the club plan for the new season! Extending it to the end of July is fair and won't upset those that paid a few months ago. If anyone wants to use the payment plan Hibs take the hit and pay the interest on it. I think they are being very fair in extending it to end of July but given that the season starts not long after that I don't see how they could extend it much further anyway!

Wages need paid through the the season though so o don't see how it can be such a big hit, to continue til whenever ST's go on sale.

It's been expensive for us recently. The club have understood this.

The only downside for them is they have to pay the interest.

SquashedFrogg
10-06-2016, 07:02 PM
It's all good.

Totally agree.

Anything that encourages people to buy one MUST be a good thing. Some people just like complaining. Personally I think it's a bit weird complaining about this but there you go.

'Mon ma bonnie boys!!!! :flag::flag:

pacoluna
10-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Totally agree.

Anything that encourages people to buy one MUST be a good thing. Some people just like complaining. Personally I think it's a bit weird complaining about this but there you go.

'Mon ma bonnie boys!!!! :flag::flag:
Not a complaint, just a question.

SquashedFrogg
10-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Not a complaint, just a question.

It's all cool. It wasn't a pop at you mate. :agree: Just a general comment.