PDA

View Full Version : England fans rioting already

Pages : [1] 2

Itsnoteasy
10-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Some things in life are guaranteed. Ball not even kicked & they are on the rampage already. Shame on you England.

AltheHibby
10-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Haven't seen the news yet, but it could have been caused by local agitation. Let's not react like Sevco before we know the truth.

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Haven't seen the news yet, but it could have been caused by local agitation. Let's not react like Sevco before we know the truth.

The truth is they do it at every tournament they are in

jacomo
10-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Jim Traynor blames Hibs fans in disguise.

SlickShoes
10-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Even if it was caused by local agitation that's no reason to go on a rampage as usual. It's the same old story and so similar to the rangers. The bad man wound me up so I ended up battering him and throwing tables and chairs across a city centre, but it was only self defense eh.

Call the polis when you get abused/assaulted, for this event there are LOADS of them about, their job is to police and take care of criminals, that's not the job of England fans.

Finn2015
10-06-2016, 08:58 AM

Yip a passing hibee was provoking both England fans and locals

cabbageandribs1875
10-06-2016, 09:09 AM
and yet only last week a couple of plums on here were slagging the tartan army, if i owned a bar in a foreign country i know exactly which set of fans i'd rather have p@shed out their brains...i'm positive the polis in foreign countries would agree

essexhibee
10-06-2016, 09:12 AM
England fans abroad are in the majority complete ****. Its a shame for the minority who are well behaved who have their named tarnished by these vermin and their WW2 racist songs and violent behavior. Its funny what do you think of the average England fan abroad?

Bucket Hat - Check
Fat bald and Short - Check
Topless - Check
Forearm Tattoos - Check
White plastic chair in arm - Check
Stella - Check

And these photos show they fit the bill perfectly! :agree: Every tournament they act the same. Too big a right wing facist element within the fans who instead of trying to embrace wherever they go look to stamp their mark through violence and small man syndrome.

Hibbyradge
10-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Even if it was caused by local agitation that's no reason to go on a rampage as usual. It's the same old story and so similar to the rangers. The bad man wound me up so I ended up battering him and throwing tables and chairs across a city centre, but it was only self defense eh.

Call the polis when you get abused/assaulted, for this event there are LOADS of them about, their job is to police and take care of criminals, that's not the job of England fans.

The England fans were attacked by locals. The police used tear gas to disperse the locals, not the England fans.

2 England fans were arrested. Hardly a rampage and only 1 of those was for anything to do with the brawl.

If Scotland fans had been drinking all day and we're attacked by locals, I doubt they'd just call the police either!

However, Scotland fans don't usually get attacked, although they have been, because their reputation doesn't encourage it.

England fans' reputation still suffers from what happened in the past and they get targeted as a result.

Hibbyradge
10-06-2016, 09:25 AM
England fans abroad are in the majority complete ****. Its a shame for the minority who are well behaved

That's just plain wrong, Essex.

It's a tiny minority of fans who get the overwhelming majority a bad name.

Don't let your bias blind you to the facts, mate.

stoneyburn hibs
10-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Pricks, the French authorities have enough on their hands in trying to protect them from terrorists.

Tinribs
10-06-2016, 09:32 AM

Not sure about the tiny minority bit, the only England fans I meet abroad that seem peaceful are guys there with the wife and kids. The rest seem to be there to annoy the locals and indulge in general douchebaggery.

Itsnoteasy
10-06-2016, 09:41 AM
The England fans were attacked by locals. The police used tear gas to disperse the locals, not the England fans.

2 England fans were arrested. Hardly a rampage and only 1 of those was for anything to do with the brawl.

If Scotland fans had been drinking all day and we're attacked by locals, I doubt they'd just call the police either!

However, Scotland fans don't usually get attacked, although they have been, because their reputation doesn't encourage it.

England fans' reputation still suffers from what happened in the past and they get targeted as a result.

It's down to the reputation & the MENTALITY

Future17
10-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Rampage? :rolleyes:

The hypocrisy of some folk on here is staggering at times.

ekhibee
10-06-2016, 09:42 AM

On Breakfast I saw one of them arguing with the polis and pointing his finger in their faces, but I would imagine you're right, it really is a minority that target footballing events like this with their right wing crap.

Aldo
10-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Prolonged provocation......

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-06-2016, 09:43 AM
The rest seem to be there to annoy the locals and indulge in general douchebaggery.

Not a very wise thing to do in that city.

Kato
10-06-2016, 09:44 AM
England fans abroad are in the majority complete ****. Its a shame for the minority who are well behaved who have their named tarnished by these vermin and their WW2 racist songs and violent behavior. Its funny what do you think of the average England fan abroad?

Bucket Hat - Check
Topless - Check
Forearm Tattoos - Check
Stella - Check

And these photos show they fit the bill perfectly! :agree: Every tournament they act the same. Too big a right wing facist element within the fans who instead of trying to embrace wherever they go look to stamp their mark through violence and small man syndrome.

Ever considered a job in Scottish Sports Journalism?

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2016, 10:01 AM
No surprise as to who started this thread.

hibs0666
10-06-2016, 10:03 AM
After what we've been subjected to in the last few weeks, I'm assuming that this is one of those ironic threads?

oconnors_strip
10-06-2016, 10:08 AM
England fans shouting '"where are you ISIS?" And posting about them on social media...... Tournament not even started yet and they are at it already!

brog
10-06-2016, 10:08 AM

100% correct. The great majority of England fans are no different to the great majority of Hibs fans. PS, & i hope they lose every gsme!

wazoo1875
10-06-2016, 10:09 AM
This thread is poor, we should know better due to events and the finger pointing that's been going on in the past three weeks. The organisers of this event shouldn't have put England anywhere near Marseille after the last time in 98. It seems it's not just the sfa who don't think things through. Fwiw I've never had any problems with English fans, the majority like ourselves just want to enjoy the occasion.

JimBHibees
10-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Got to be said England and Russia is I think a tinderbox game which should be nowhere near Marseille.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Id think us especially should be aware that the media reports cant always be trusted to reflect true events.

pacoluna
10-06-2016, 10:21 AM
The irony haha, gutter journalism aside I hope England get papped so I can once again enjoy their medias meltdown

Already getting p***ed of with Nick Collins on SSN over analyzing Englands squad/tactics/management, that plus he looks a tad like petrie :greengrin

goosefat
10-06-2016, 10:25 AM
England fans conversing with the locals by throwing garden furniture across piazza's - beautiful :crazy:

Hibbyradge
10-06-2016, 10:29 AM
England fans shouting '"where are you ISIS?" And posting about them on social media...... Tournament not even started yet and they are at it already!

Eh?

In what way is shouting bravado defiance at ISIS and posting about it, "at it already"? :confused:

Some Scotland fans were singing, "you can stick your Freakin ISIS up your arse", in Metz last week.

Presumably they were at it already and they're not even at the tournament!

Nah, that was just a laugh, likesay.

lucky
10-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Hardly a riot, what I've saw on social media there was a lot worse at Hampden. By most accounts it was locals that attacked the England fans after some "goading" by the English

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Have some folk learnt nothing following reports of our rampaging fans assaulting players and generally rioting at the final whistle at Hampden... Doh.

Big_Franck
10-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Not surprised by this at all. The England fans do it at every tournament.

Kato
10-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Have some folk learnt nothing following reports of our rampaging fans assaulting players and generally rioting at the final whistle at Hampden... Doh.

Apparently not. The same language and hype in the msm we were subjected to. I guess people believe what they want to believe.

Winston Ingram
10-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Statement from French Police. The violence was caused by 70 local youths attacking a bar with England fans in it. 1 England fan arrested

ronaldo7
10-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Just saw the clips on the bbc before going to work. It seems like they may have been targeted by the locals. I wonder how the welsh and irish boys are getting on with their locals.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2016, 10:54 AM
We learned a harsh lesson two weeks ago about the press & media making mountains out of molehills ....... The England fans do have previous, but its probably best to reserve judgment until theres more info.

pacoluna
10-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Statement from French Police. The violence was caused by 70 local youths attacking a bar with England fans in it. 1 England fan arrested
That's not a French Police Statement.

Hibbyradge
10-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Apparently not. The same language and hype in the msm we were subjected to. I guess people believe what they want to believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xMaR8au-YU

proud_and_green
10-06-2016, 10:59 AM

Bucket Hat - Check
Topless - Check
Forearm Tattoos - Check
Stella - Check

Don't forget the 'two world wars and one world cup' T shirt!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Baader
10-06-2016, 11:12 AM
After Hampden and what was being 'reported' as happening there I'll be reserving judgement. Some too quick to condemn. Would they have said the same about us after Cup Final going on how it was all pinned on Hibs?

Pretty Boy
10-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Rampage? :rolleyes:

The hypocrisy of some folk on here is staggering at times.

Indeed.

It's amazing how quickly the media reports have become gospel again. 2 weeks ago no one was trusting a word the media said ever again.

CockneyRebel
10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Some things in life are guaranteed. Ball not even kicked & they are on the rampage already. Shame on you England.

I really do despair sometimes with two faced posts like this. You slag the meeja for demonising hibs after the SC final with no proof whatsoever and then you go and do the same cos it's Engerlund. Watch the news and read the reports and then come to a relatively informed opinion - I won't hold my breath.

Hibrandenburg
10-06-2016, 11:34 AM
There's always going to be trouble at football games abroad involving England. The vast majority of their fans do not go out looking for trouble but there are always going to be differences between what they call banter and what the locals consider to be provocation. The first rule of travelling abroad is to remember you're not at home.

Skåne Hibs
10-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Seems a poor choice of city to host an England game. Is there not a bit of history between Marseille locals and England Fans from the world cup 98?

It looked pretty small scale on the news, drunk fans stupidly getting involved after a group of local youths started winding them up.

Personally I'm not too quick to judge this though.
I saw the very same thing happening on Leith Walk the night we won the cup, (no garden furniture was utilised during the Leith Walk exchange, the youths instead kept it old school with punches and bottles).
I'm also pretty sure I remember some Scotland fans getting involved with Paris youths at France 1998.

That said, I also hope they lose every game they play :wink:.

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2016, 11:43 AM
I saw the very same thing happening on Leith Walk the night we won the cup, (no garden furniture was utilised during the Leith Walk exchange, the youths instead kept it old school with punches and bottles).

Where and when was this??

Skåne Hibs
10-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Where and when was this??

I'm gonna have to guestimate the time as I was a bit pished, but I reckon about between 10pm and 11pm down from kinda near Harp and Castle. (It wasn't the Harp and Castle Bottle throwing incident from earlier that evening.)

lord bunberry
10-06-2016, 12:15 PM
I hope no one was guilty of the heinous crime of jostling. The football world couldn't take another outrage like that.

Hibbyradge
10-06-2016, 12:16 PM
I hope no one was guilty of the heinous crime of jostling. The football world couldn't take another outrage like that.

Hanging's too good for them.

JimBHibees
10-06-2016, 12:21 PM

Yep up there with aggressively gesticulating which of course is a step up from mass murder. :greengrin

lord bunberry
10-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Yep up there with aggressively gesticulating which of course is a step up from mass murder. :greengrin

It's on a par with genocide mate

Edson Arantes
10-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Got to be said England and Russia is I think a tinderbox game which should be nowhere near Marseille.

This post sums the whole thing up.

Moulin Yarns
10-06-2016, 12:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36496745

Storm in a tea cup

Thecat23
10-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Isn't it funny though that trouble follows them. Of course it's a minority but ffs there is a fair amount of casuals over there looking for bother and I hope they take a serious hammering.

Shame for the genuine England fans who just want to see their team.

LustForLeith
10-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Isn't it funny though that trouble follows them. Of course it's a minority but ffs there is a fair amount of casuals over there looking for bother and I hope they take a serious hammering.

Shame for the genuine England fans who just want to see their team.

Well said. Not sure if it's true but heard there 80,000 Enlgish fans going to France. How many were involved in this?

Ricky Bobby
10-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Like every support they have their welts, but they are seen as a target at every tournament they attend.
It must be difficult for the decent fans,men women and kids, to enjoy yourself whilst being intimidated by the locals looking for a scrap and their own crowd of ********s only too happy to oblige them.
With 70 000 England fans expected for their opening game, things could get extremely messy.

CorrieHibs
10-06-2016, 12:44 PM
I heard English fans have signed a petition to get France chucked out of the tournament!

Thecat23
10-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Well said. Not sure if it's true but heard there 80,000 Enlgish fans going to France. How many were involved in this?

I reckon there will be a few hundred out of thousands who are going to cause bother. Little pockets of casuals from different clubs will all get together to take on whoever it is wants a square go.

It's laughable that most are men in their 40's. You talk about getting stereotyped but it usually ends up the wee fat middle aged bald guys with the bulldog tattoos. Does make me chuckle though seeing them getting slapped about by the police.

Haymaker
10-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Got a few mates out there, this is the one game they were/are dreading.

norhfc
10-06-2016, 01:08 PM
This is a new kind of trend, it happened to Spurs and one other English club in the Europa League last season. Local neds outnumber and attack a pub, hit and run for it, hardly a riot. No fan of England or their fans but this sounds like it wasnt actually their fault...this time. Maybe time the police or spotter done their job and kept an eye on these pubs.

Bostonhibby
10-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Are plane loads of huns on their way from glasgow and norn iron to save them? Its what they do, or are they on another mission of mercy somewhere else?

SanFranHibs
10-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Across here they are blaming bernie sanders supporters

Hibbyradge
10-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Are plane loads of huns on their way from glasgow and norn iron to save them? Its what they do, or are they on another mission of mercy somewhere else?

:faf: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mmmmhibby
10-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Not a very wise thing to do in that city.

Agree, but its gonna get worse when Russians hit Marseille. Seemingly Russia have thousands of hooligans ready for mayhem in Marseille. The majority of are ex-military as well. Scary stuff.

mmmmhibby
10-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Another point, in Englands group here is Wales who will defo bring a huge support. Amongst them will be notorious hooligans, mark my words when England play Wales there will be trouble, and a lot of trouble at that.

High-On-Hibs
10-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Hmmm.... England, Russia. Two evils.

Frazerbob
10-06-2016, 01:27 PM
It seems the target of the English party songs has shifted from the Irish and the IRA to Muslims and ISIS. A lot of Muslims in Marseille so no surprise it kicked off. The fan park on the beach with the big screen that was the scene of the worst trouble in 98 could be a bit scary tomorrow. Late kick off, thousands of bevvied English, local nutjobs and brick-****house Russian hoolies will not be a good mix.

stokesmessiah
10-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Whilst there may have been provocation, have the people defending the English fans actually watched some of the videos from last night??

Hibbyradge
10-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Whilst there may have been provocation, have the people defending the English fans actually watched some of the videos from last night??

The French police have defended the English supporters and squarely blamed local hooligans.

If you only watched some of the videos from the Cup Final that the media wanted you to watch, you'd have agreed that Hibs were solely to blame and that the Cup should be withdrawn and a ban from Europe issued.

Bristolhibby
10-06-2016, 02:03 PM
It's a tough one, as I have a number of mates who are on their way or are there in Marsailles ATM.

Taking news with a pinch of salt should be encouraged, as was showed three weeks ago.
However I liken England fans to Rangers fans. Not all of them are Cants, but collectively they form up to a critical mass of tw@s, that "normal" fans get tarred with. Particular bad when it's a tournament or a game that matters.
Similarly both groups collectively (Huns and English) cannot deal well with defeat.
An example for me in real life was watching England v Portugal at WC 06, when Ronaldo winked, Wayne Rooney off and the inevitable exit at the hands of penalties.
Now we were at the Pavillion (a big venue in Bath), I was loitering near the exits as I knew if they ****** up the penalties, there would be carnage. And I wasn't wrong. Bath isn't a hot bed of radgeness, but at FT there was pint glasses, chairs hurled at the screen, within minutes fistfights had broken out. I took that as my opportunity to leave.

Point I'm making is with England/Huns, there's no smoke without fire, and get them together and give them a day in the sun on the beers and the group think changes into a group of savages.

J

macca70
10-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Just England fans protecting woman & children plus players and officials from over exuberant Hibby's.

Pete
10-06-2016, 02:48 PM
I'm hearing about some disturbing revenge attacks on twitter.

Someone has pushed John Terry into a pool!

EH6 Hibby
10-06-2016, 02:51 PM

Think they're stopping off on their way to their first Europa League game. :greengrin

Finn2015
10-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Another point, in Englands group here is Wales who will defo bring a huge support. Amongst them will be notorious hooligans, mark my words when England play Wales there will be trouble, and a lot of trouble at that.

Has the potential to be with both Cardiff and Swansea having hooligan problems I guess.

HibbySpurs
10-06-2016, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;4726576]Are plane loads of huns on their way from glasgow and norn iron to save them? Its what they do, or are they on another mission of mercy somewhere else?[/QUOTE

Hahaha, how true...

If any real bother kicks off we can have a game of spot the hun top bingo or something?

Reminds me of being on holiday a few years back where a hun family were present, you know the type bloke, home top one day, away top the next, 3rd top for going to the dancing each night? Now one day this bloke won a certificate for winning the darts or something in the afternoon.... So, for his big moment on stage he obviously decided to push the boat out and put on his...... wait for it...... Shiny new England top!!!!!

The rep giving out the "prize" was Scottish and when said hun got up on stage he gave him the certificate but just hun boy was about to walk off the rep to his eternal credit stopped him and said....

"Before you go mate, I'm sure everyone in the audience from all over the UK would like to know why a guy with a broad Scottish accent like yours is up on stage with an England top on?"

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2016, 04:17 PM
It's a tough one, as I have a number of mates who are on their way or are there in Marsailles ATM.

Taking news with a pinch of salt should be encouraged, as was showed three weeks ago.
However I liken England fans to Rangers fans. Not all of them are Cants, but collectively they form up to a critical mass of tw@s, that "normal" fans get tarred with. Particular bad when it's a tournament or a game that matters.
Similarly both groups collectively (Huns and English) cannot deal well with defeat.
An example for me in real life was watching England v Portugal at WC 06, when Ronaldo winked, Wayne Rooney off and the inevitable exit at the hands of penalties.
Now we were at the Pavillion (a big venue in Bath), I was loitering near the exits as I knew if they ****** up the penalties, there would be carnage. And I wasn't wrong. Bath isn't a hot bed of radgeness, but at FT there was pint glasses, chairs hurled at the screen, within minutes fistfights had broken out. I took that as my opportunity to leave.

Point I'm making is with England/Huns, there's no smoke without fire, and get them together and give them a day in the sun on the beers and the group think changes into a group of savages.

J

I remember watching that game in the Dominican Republic and there was one wee Portugese guy who everyone was happy to have banter with throughout the game. After the penalties folk were ready to go for him until the staff managed to get him out of where we were watching it.

That's what he gets for celebrating I suppose

Ged
10-06-2016, 05:09 PM
More trouble again this evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36504410

Big_Franck
10-06-2016, 05:23 PM
More trouble again this evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36504410

ITV reporting the same thing. They said England fans that had been drinking all day started throwing bottles at riot police. That seems to have started off other fighting which they have just shown two videos of.

Itsnoteasy
10-06-2016, 05:51 PM

So who are we blaming for day 2 of fighting?
Let me guess!
Maybe the locals.
Or maybe the riot polis.
Let's not blame Ingurland.
The quicker they are knocked out the better.

Bristolhibby
10-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Let me guess!
Maybe the locals.
Or maybe the riot polis.

The Hibs?

KWJ
10-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Maybe they are trying to get kicked out the EU.

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Let me guess!
Maybe the locals.
Or maybe the riot polis.

You are so predictably boring.

Haymaker
10-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Text from my mates: "arrived in marseille, got a taxi into the city and it's all kicking off."

Thecat23
10-06-2016, 07:22 PM
England fans kicking off in pubs. These are the ones who are looking for bother and they haven't been "taunted" by the French youths! This is from journo's over there.

Police should round them up and fire them right back over the channel no questions asked. @rseholes the lot of them!

pacoluna
10-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Embarrassing they are doing nothing to help their reputation.

Bristolhibby
10-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Text from my mates: "arrived in marseille, got a taxi into the city and it's all kicking off."

My mate posted a photo of a cloud of tear gas with the quote "I'll have a beer with my tear gas, merci".

Looks like the Wild West!

J

cabbageandribs1875
10-06-2016, 09:33 PM
the shame of britain(as per normal), hope the fans of both irish teams and welsh team have a fab time

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Are the same folk on here still going to blame the way this is being reported rather than the real culprits?

hibsbollah
10-06-2016, 09:41 PM
I'll be in Marseille en famille (great city, not full of scary Islamist thugs as I've read elsewhere) when the semi final is being played. Hopefully Woys Boys will be long gone by then.

Jonnyboy
10-06-2016, 09:41 PM
https://twitter.com/awaydays_/status/741369171292872704

Bishop Hibee
10-06-2016, 09:42 PM
The pictures on ITV News made the Scottish Cup Final trouble look like a church picnic. I actually feel sorry for ordinary fans going for the football but I fear even worse trouble post-match. The Russian hoolies are just as bad.

Stokesy's on fire
10-06-2016, 09:42 PM
England fans were protecting the players cmon now

Hibs90
10-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Watching a live stream on Facebook. Nine German Bombers heard loud and clear, wannabe casuals walking around with their stone island gear. Police just sort of standing there waiting for the inevitable again

Squealing pig
10-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Exuberance of being at euros ?

Cardinal G
10-06-2016, 10:12 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/tomwhite7?s=09

Local north east journo here seems to paint true picture, last night clearly England were the victims but today it seems they have instigated a fair bit of it. Agree about filming being one sided, should show both sides .
Lot of my sons mates who are all good lads mid 20s to early 30s are off over on 14th fortunately they are basing themselves in the north but still worry for them as there first match is the Wales one.
England fans unfortunately have a reputation that proceeds them but the majority are sound saying that they will stand there ground when attacked, think we will see more trouble unfortunately.

Itsnoteasy
10-06-2016, 10:13 PM

Didn't realise this was a talent show. Just stating the facts. Funny how you go on the defensive when you dinnae want to answer a question.
Let's see what day 3 brings us!

Thecat23
10-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Anyone who has gone over there to simply cause bother are the **** of the earth. England have more than their fare share of them. Folk can try defend them all they want but no matter where they go there is trouble.

Again it's a shame on the genuine England fans who want to travel yet have to endure these ****ing clowns running about like twats. England have a real problem and it will only get worse before it gets better.

Scouse Hibee
10-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Didn't realise this was a talent show. Just stating the facts. Funny how you go on the defensive when you dinnae want to answer a question.
Let's see what day 3 brings us!

Never mind day 3, your original post about day 1 was your usual incorrect bull****, slinging mud to gain a reaction and you know it.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Are the same folk on here still going to blame the way this is being reported rather than the real culprits?

The culprits on the first night were the local hooligans. Even the police said so. It seems you were disappointed with that.

I haven't seen much of what happened last night, but it looks like England fans were mostly responsible. You must be pleased.

ronaldo7
11-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Never mind day 3, your original post about day 1 was your usual incorrect bull****, slinging mud to gain a reaction and you know it.

The England fans never started the problems on the first evening, as the locals had obviously targeted them in the Irish boozer, however, it seems that the more numbers going over, the worse it's getting.

Some of the England fans are now clearly in the wrong, and are looking for trouble.

What's wrong with them mixing with other fans of other nations, as others do? They seem to have some sort of superiority complex.

I feel for the genuine fans, families who've gone across to have a good time, and being tarred with the same brush.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Seems its the england fans this time.

They are just like the huns, like to triumphantly take over places, rub it in everyonea faces then cry like wee lassies when the police crack a few heads.

Mon the marseille police.

Frazerbob
11-06-2016, 08:43 AM
The English may have been victims on night one but lets not forget their song book consists of almost entirely offensive, racist, anti Irish, anti Muslim and anti German songs. A bit like our own shame from through the west, they're not exactly there to integrate, make friends and sample some local culture.

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Sadly, there is a very jingoistic, imperialist, poor white trash entitlement culture with many English people abroad, and it comes out when they mob up in foreign climes at events like this. I doubt the Brexit debate at home has helped much, but there are many other factors that have developed and help sustain this mindset.

Hooliganism, as we traditionally understood it, has been marginalized, and England at home in Wembley stadium is a pretty sanitized, joyous affair, fans very much like those of other nations.

Unfortunately, travel and drink and simply being together bring out a twisted side to many otherwise salt-of-the-earth types, who then behave like Huns; boorish, racist, disdainful of foreigners, arrogant and entitled.

Many Scottish fans were exactly the same from the end of the war up to the 70's, but as a smaller nation, we adjusted to the decline of British identity (end of imperialism, industry, the welfare state etc) more positively, and went back to our own inclusive culture, rather than one that valued crusades and conquests. It's interesting that many Scots who still hold this reactionary mindset are invariably Rangers supporters.

Of course, in many parts of England, the political culture and world view is very different. Supporters of clubs like Liverpool and Manchester United, for example, generally hold alternative values. But those are the ones usually left standing by in despair and wringing their hands when it all kicks off.

The fact is that disposessed elements in Europe (angry young Muslims, white European hooligans) now see England fans as (1) the enemy and (2) easy to provoke, and on both counts they are sadly correct in this assessment.

I have some very good (English) friends out there, and I worry for their safety, and also fear for their ability to get involved and do something stupid, that they would never do in any other circumstances.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Good summation.

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2016, 08:58 AM
The culprits on the first night were the local hooligans. Even the police said so. It seems you were disappointed with that.

I haven't seen much of what happened last night, but it looks like England fans were mostly responsible. You must be pleased.

Yeah sure, I'm delighted.

It may well have been French hooligans however it was no shock to see who else was involved was it?

Hibbyradge
11-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Yeah sure, I'm delighted.

It may well have been French hooligans however it was no shock to see who else was involved was it?

The England fans were perfectly peaceful and they were attacked. You're trying to apportion blame to them. Why?

I guess there was no shock that local Marseilles hooligans attacked England fans. They were the only fans in town!

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2016, 09:04 AM
The England fans were perfectly peaceful and they were attacked. You're trying to apportion blame to them. Why?

I guess there was no shock that local Marseilles hooligans attacked England fans. They were the only fans in town!

No blame. Just seems a coincidence that it's the same every tournament. Must just always be provocation

High-On-Hibs
11-06-2016, 09:07 AM
It's a shame. Being tied to this lot makes it a "British" problem, rather than an English one. Not saying we don't have our own shame. But our own shame dream about living down there anyway.

makaveli1875
11-06-2016, 09:10 AM
theres tens of thousands of england fans there and a few dozen have been involved in fighting and disorder

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Sadly, there is a very jingoistic, imperialist, poor white trash entitlement culture with many English people abroad, and it comes out when they mob up in foreign climes at events like this. I doubt the Brexit debate at home has helped much, but there are many other factors that have developed and help sustain this mindset.

Hooliganism, as we traditionally understood it, has been marginalized, and England at home in Wembley stadium is a pretty sanitized, joyous affair, fans very much like those of other nations.

Unfortunately, travel and drink and simply being together bring out a twisted side to many otherwise salt-of-the-earth types, who then behave like Huns; boorish, racist, disdainful of foreigners, arrogant and entitled.

Many Scottish fans were exactly the same from the end of the war up to the 70's, but as a smaller nation, we adjusted to the decline of British identity (end of imperialism, industry, the welfare state etc) more positively, and went back to our own inclusive culture, rather than one that valued crusades and conquests. It's interesting that many Scots who still hold this reactionary mindset are invariably Rangers supporters.

Of course, in many parts of England, the political culture and world view is very different. Supporters of clubs like Liverpool and Manchester United, for example, generally hold alternative values. But those are the ones usually left standing by in despair and wringing their hands when it all kicks off.

The fact is that disposessed elements in Europe (angry young Muslims, white European hooligans) now see England fans as (1) the enemy and (2) easy to provoke, and on both counts they are sadly correct in this assessment.

I have some very good (English) friends out there, and I worry for their safety, and also fear for their ability to get involved and do something stupid, that they would never do in any other circumstances.

Would also add that 3) England are still seen as 'top dogs' so any other factions, be they local, Russians or anyone else, want to raise their own reputation by being seen to get the upper hand on them.

French police could certainly have handled it differently. Some may remember being in Malmö and a few of the local ultras turning up outside the Drumbar only to be told by the police to jog on and leave us alone; shame the French police don't have a similar approach.

Greencore
11-06-2016, 09:59 AM
I won't believe it until Andy walker comments on it!!!

ronaldo7
11-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Would also add that 3) England are still seen as 'top dogs' so any other factions, be they local, Russians or anyone else, want to raise their own reputation by being seen to get the upper hand on them.

French police could certainly have handled it differently. Some may remember being in Malmö and a few of the local ultras turning up outside the Drumbar only to be told by the police to jog on and leave us alone; shame the French police don't have a similar approach.

:agree: Fitba in the square and the Jacuzzi foam bath. It seems some of those English lads don't know how to party.

https://t.co/14LUwM4Cth

https://t.co/OBlK3p8vjZ

DH1875
11-06-2016, 03:56 PM

When Real Madrid played in Malmo last season the police weren't so accommodating. Both sets of fans fought each other and the police lay into the Madrid guys with batons.

marinello59
11-06-2016, 04:28 PM
When Real Madrid played in Malmo last season the police weren't so accommodating. Both sets of fans fought each other and the police lay into the Madrid guys with batons.

The difference probably being that both sets of fans were up for it. The Hibs fans were only interested in having a good time. The police were great with us.

marinello59
11-06-2016, 04:35 PM
:agree: Fitba in the square and the Jacuzzi foam bath. It seems some of those English lads don't know how to party.

https://t.co/14LUwM4Cth

https://t.co/OBlK3p8vjZ

Your Grandson was an absolute star. Great memories.

I'm_cabbaged
11-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Videos on Twitter of fighting between Russian and English fans doing the rounds. Will be a long night for the polis!!!!

hibs69
11-06-2016, 05:29 PM
I heard English fans have signed a petition to get France chucked out of the tournament!

LOL! Superb

1987kev
11-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Videos on Twitter of fighting between Russian and English fans doing the rounds. Will be a long night for the polis!!!!

There's about 20 Russia ultras going around kickin the living day lights out of the English. Just watch about 4 videos of it 1 of them there about 4 Russians opening a can of whoop ass on 1 English boy

Hibbyradge
11-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Mayhem is coming 😞

DH1875
11-06-2016, 06:19 PM

Organised meets between fans, some serious serious injuries and reports of a stabbing. Why you'd arrange a meet with hardcore Russian hooligans is beyond me.

1987kev
11-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Organised meets between fans, some serious serious injuries and reports of a stabbing. Why you'd arrange a meet with hardcore Russian hooligans is beyond me.

Apperntley they are targeting anyone with a England top.

Keith_M
11-06-2016, 06:28 PM

Sorry Bud, but it looks like he's right this time.

English and Russian Fans have turned parts of Marseille into a war-zone.

MKHIBEE
11-06-2016, 06:28 PM

According to who?

DH1875
11-06-2016, 06:30 PM

No doubt they are and gangs of them are roaming the streets but there's also been organised stuff going on as well.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-06-2016, 06:31 PM

Great post, right on the money.

brianmc
11-06-2016, 06:31 PM
The Russian hooligan scene is massive and they're completely mental. Regulary firms meet up 100 v 100 and fight till the last man standing. None of the pavement dancing stuff we see in this country(see youtube if you're that way inclined)..
Anyone thinking about traveling to the next world cup needs their heids looked at!

Pete
11-06-2016, 06:33 PM

Sounds, and looks like the Russians are the main aggressors this time so maybe he isn't quite as right as you think he is.

How many Russian hooligans have had their passports confiscated? Do they even have an equivalent scheme?

No doubt people will be quick to pin this 100% on the English again without knowing all the facts. So ironic so soon after the cup final.

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2016, 06:36 PM

No he got it wrong, my gripe was with his first post spouting totally inaccurate pish. Subsequent events have been disgraceful,grown men following England for one reason only,violence. I wouldn't like to be on the end of a kicking from those Russian nutters. Thank **** I am Scouse and not English.

Keith_M
11-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Sounds, and looks like the Russians are the main aggressors this time so maybe he isn't quite as right as you think he is.

No doubt people will be quick to pin this 100% on the English again without knowing all the facts. So ironic so soon after the cup final.

I'm watching the reports on German TV right now, and it is not one group attacking innocents, it's large groups of both sides getting laid into each other in what seems to be an organized act.

Mikey09
11-06-2016, 06:37 PM
The difference probably being that both sets of fans were up for it. The Hibs fans were only interested in having a good time. The police were great with us.

And here is Englands problem. They have such a superiority complex and truly believe they are the architects of the game that how dare ANYONE challenge there make believe world dominance. You just have to watch some videos of there club fans abroad, Chelsea springs to mind, to see the element that follows them. Feel for the decent ones, and there are plenty of them, to be dragged into this time and again.

Mikey09
11-06-2016, 06:40 PM
No he got it wrong, my gripe was with his first post spouting totally inaccurate pish. Subsequent events have been disgraceful,grown men following England for one reason only,violence. I wouldn't like to be on the end of a kicking from those Russian nutters. Thank **** I am Scouse and not English.

:thumbsup:

Pete
11-06-2016, 06:42 PM
I'm watching the reports on German TV right now, and it is not one group attacking innocents, it's large groups of both sides getting laid into each other in what seems to be an organized act.

No doubt there is an element of organisation but how do you know some of them aren't just a group of England fans defending themselves? All the ten on one stuff I'm seeing in the UK is the English on the end of some cowardly, brutal stuff.

Pwopa Nawty.

Keith_M
11-06-2016, 06:45 PM
No doubt there is an element of organisation but how do you know some of them aren't just a group of England fans defending themselves? All the ten on one stuff I'm seeing in the UK is the English on the end of some cowardly, brutal stuff.

Pwopa Nawty.

Sorry, but I know what I'm watching.

Pete
11-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Sorry, but I know what I'm watching.

You're watching clips on a TV.

Alfred E Newman
11-06-2016, 06:56 PM

Are they not hooligans as well?
It's as if you are suggesting they are justified in having a go at the England fans.

Onion
11-06-2016, 06:56 PM
And here is Englands problem. They have such a superiority complex and truly believe they are the architects of the game that how dare ANYONE challenge there make believe world dominance. You just have to watch some videos of there club fans abroad, Chelsea springs to mind, to see the element that follows them. Feel for the decent ones, and there are plenty of them, to be dragged into this time and again.

And that's England's problem. No point in people claiming the world is unfairly blaming England fans all the time when they have been at the centre of this stuff abroad at major championships for decades. If the English want perception to change they need to do more to distance themselves from it, go on a serious charm offensive with other countries/cultures/people, be more accommodating and drink less when in foreign lands. As a group they come across as a bunch of louts and hard men who smash up small towns. Whether the English like it or not, that's the perception and no amount of moaning about what other say will change that.

Theres no question England fans are being targeted abroad. Been happening for 15-20 years. Only they can change it by walking away, rather than confronting it. Sadly, they still have too many nutters who appear happy to scrap their way through Europe and beyond.

Pete
11-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Sky news claiming that gangs of Russian hooligans are going around looking for England fans to attack.

The twisting of this to blame England fans is ridiculous.

hibsbollah
11-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Sky news claiming that gangs of Russian hooligans are going around looking for England fans to attack.

The twisting of this to blame England fans is ridiculous.

Don't be ridiculous. They are clearly BOTH at it with probably PSG and OM firms getting in on it as well.

Jack Hackett
11-06-2016, 07:05 PM

:top marks

Very insightful as always

stoneyburn hibs
11-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Don't be ridiculous. They are clearly BOTH at it with probably PSG and OM firms getting in on it as well.

Cool story, because one likes French fitba they think they have the inside track.

1987kev
11-06-2016, 07:11 PM
World Cup 2018 in Russia will b world war 3

Pete
11-06-2016, 07:12 PM

I'm not saying that England fans are blameless in all of this but there ARE incidents where the others have been the aggressors. In these instances it's ridiculous implying that they somehow share blame because of a superiority complex, their reputation or the fact that they haven't walked away in the past.

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Undoubted that the general boozing and singing in the street scene doesn't go down quite as well in some places as others. Got a mate over for the game (a copper as it happens who has a ton of experience policing games but has gone over as a fan) and he says the Russians are armed with all sorts and are just picking out stragglers of England fans all over the place. Of course England fans are giving some back but that's more than understandable when Russians are going in with three and four versus one. Wouldn't fancy being there tonight one bit.

Onion
11-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Undoubted that the general boozing and singing in the street scene doesn't go down quite as well in some places as others. Got a mate over for the game (a copper as it happens who has a ton of experience policing games but has gone over as a fan) and he says the Russians are armed with all sorts and are just picking out stragglers of England fans all over the place. Of course England fans are giving some back but that's more than understandable when Russians are going in with three and four versus one. Wouldn't fancy being there tonight one bit.

99% of the time, anyone who wants to avoid trouble at football matches can easily do so. Those Hibs fans who ran onto the pitch and over the Rangers end were much more likely to get involved in a scrap than those who kept to the Hibs end. Those who stayed in the stands were highly unlikely to run into any trouble whatsoever. And so it proved.

Like it or not, those England fans caught up in trouble in France will be at best seen as putting themselves in that position or worse still looking for it. The images of drunk England fans squaring up to French police doesn't help to present them as victims.

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 07:54 PM
99% of the time, anyone who wants to avoid trouble at football matches can easily do so. Those Hibs fans who ran onto the pitch and over the Rangers end were much more likely to get involved in a scrap than those who kept to the Hibs end. Those who stayed in the stands were highly unlikely to run into any trouble whatsoever. And so it proved.

Like it or not, those England fans caught up in trouble in France will be at best seen as putting themselves in that position or worse still looking for it. The images of drunk England fans squaring up to French police doesn't help to present them as victims.
But it's happened in the city square, the main place where the non-idiots would have been advised to gather so as to avoid being caught out on the back streets and the like, and the Russians didn't exactly seem to be choosy in their targets. To be fair Marseille is a pretty lawless place at the best of times when a big game is on, so chuck in a late kick off, nutcase Russians and drunken English and it was never going to end happily.

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Karma is a bitch.

Itsnoteasy
11-06-2016, 08:35 PM

Day 3 in the French house.
This thread could go on for a wee while.
Guess there will be no scouser causing bother.
They will be the ones saying awrite awrite calm down mate.

ronaldo7
11-06-2016, 08:43 PM
But it's happened in the city square, the main place where the non-idiots would have been advised to gather so as to avoid being caught out on the back streets and the like, and the Russians didn't exactly seem to be choosy in their targets. To be fair Marseille is a pretty lawless place at the best of times when a big game is on, so chuck in a late kick off, nutcase Russians and drunken English and it was never going to end happily.

We had the same in Dnipro in Lenin square. Everything was fine for a few hours, and then the smoke bombs started, the atmosphere turned a bit nasty. We decided to call for a taxi out of it.

We ended up in another part of town having a great time.

hibsbollah
11-06-2016, 08:43 PM
To be fair Marseille is a pretty lawless place at the best of times when a big game is on.

It really isn't.

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 08:53 PM
It really isn't.
Must be a mere coincidence that it kicks off there whenever there's a big away contingent then.

TrinityHibs
11-06-2016, 08:56 PM

There's something not right about you GG. Scouse is one of the better posters on here. You're just on the wind up.

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Are they not hooligans as well?
It's as if you are suggesting they are justified in having a go at the England fans.

Yes

hibsbollah
11-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Must be a mere coincidence that it kicks off there whenever there's a big away contingent then.

It pisses me right off when one of my favourite cities gets blamed whenever pissed up football fans arrive in their thousands and trash the place :dunno:

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 09:05 PM
It pisses me right off when one of my favourite cities gets blamed whenever pissed up football fans arrive in their thousands and trash the place :dunno:
Would help if the locals didn't lurk in the shadows and pick off random fans for a kicking. Was happening even 10 years ago when Bolton were there in the UEFA Cup. The same night the Marseille fans were throwing batteries and coins through the holes in the 50 foot nets that were supposed to protect the away fans.

Anyway, back to tonight, looks like the Russians have been kicking off in the ground and are literally chasing England fans around the place.

BigH
11-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Rangers fans in disguise?;)

Onion
11-06-2016, 09:14 PM
We had the same in Dnipro in Lenin square. Everything was fine for a few hours, and then the smoke bombs started, the atmosphere turned a bit nasty. We decided to call for a taxi out of it.

We ended up in another part of town having a great time.

Exactly. Those who really want to avoid aggro can EASILY do it. Been going to matches for decades and can count on one hand the number of situations where we got inadvertently caught up in trouble. And even then, was able to find a way out of it. Claiming those England fans throwing bottles, bricks and chairs and goading the police are merely defending themselves from aggressors is as ridiculous as Sevco claiming they were just trying to protect the players.

Bristolhibby
11-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Mate of mine in the stadium tonight. He's a mild mannerd family man. Just texted Russians on the stroke of full time panneling any Englishman nearby, totally premeditated.

Sounds like a bad day in Syria down there.

Advised him to keep his head down and go to the hotel bar.

J

Finn2015
11-06-2016, 09:18 PM
I expect a statement from Rangers soon blaming the capital city service for the trouble in France

Hibee87
11-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Fighting in the stands now. Russiians attacking England fans of course

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Mate of mine in the stadium tonight. He's a mild mannerd family man. Just texted Russians on the stroke of full time panneling any Englishman nearby, totally premeditated.

Sounds like a bad day in Syria down there.

Advised him to keep his head down and go to the hotel bar.

J

Yes, hearing the same thing. Russians beating the English up badly both inside and outside the stadium.

hibsbollah
11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Would help if the locals didn't lurk in the shadows and pick off random fans for a kicking. Was happening even 10 years ago when Bolton were there in the UEFA Cup. The same night the Marseille fans were throwing batteries and coins through the holes in the 50 foot nets that were supposed to protect the away fans.

Anyway, back to tonight, looks like the Russians have been kicking off in the ground and are literally chasing England fans around the place.

Coin chucking? I've been in the East Stand when we've done that. 'Lurking in the shadows'? :faf:

It's THEIR city. Act like an erchie and cause trouble and you have no one to blame but yourself. The same applies in Leith I would hope.

DH1875
11-06-2016, 09:24 PM
Ive been in Portugal and Spain during World cups and Euros and seen first hand England fans rioting when their team isnt even playing in the same country or there being rival fans about.
I find the problem being that you get a load of guys from places like Barnsley, Bradford or Burnley who like to think their hard/nowty but have spent the last 2 years street dancing or at most 5 on 5. When they come up against these eastern European guys, they've no chance. These guys a proper organised full time hooligans who arent messing and fight 100 vs 100 at times. It really is no contest.

Finn2015
11-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Ive been in Portugal and Spain during World cups and Euros and seen first hand England fans rioting when their team isnt even playing in the same country or there being rival fans about.
I find the problem being that you get a load of guys from places like Barnsley, Bradford or Burnley who like to think their hard/nowty but have spent the last 2 years street dancing or at most 5 on 5. When they come up against these eastern European guys, they've no chance. These guys a proper organised full time hooligans who arent messing and fight 100 vs 100 at times. It really is no contest.

Agreed. There is some seriously dangerous hooliganism and gangs in Europe such as Russians and also countries like Holland to. The lengths they go to and how they conduct themselves is far more dangerous than anything we see over here in the UK

son of haggart
11-06-2016, 09:29 PM

Enjoyed reading that - very thoughtful.

I don't agree 100%

I don't think most of those on the English side are 'salt of the earth' types carried away/ 99% of the English fans who go to games are fine. Of these about 50% in my experience are tee salt of the earth small team supporters - the same demographic as the highlanders and borderers in the TA - I know a bunch of young Kingstonian supports (by young I mean in their late 20s early 30s) who are massive England fans but totally non violent and would never respond to or be involved in trouble. I think those causing trouble on the english side are a large minority of English Defence League / Combat 17 types and a trail of hangers on.

I agree totally that they are a magnet for trouble, and unfortunately they drag the decent guys into their world by their hideous behaviour.

Re the scotland fans I think there was a big turning point in 1982 in Malaga and Torremolinas/ I remember when we arrived in Torremolinas our bus from the airport passed the Spanish army / police practicising in a field with riot shields and rifles. We were very careful as we were being grouped with the English. The buzz then went round the town that there had been deaths in a knife fight up North by the English. At 3am that morning we were in a very rough bar, with prostitutes drug dealers and transvestites all around. A scottish guy suddenly started fighting with a Spanish guy ( a pimp I think) and from being quite friendly the place went into a chill. Spanish on one side, some with knives and Scots on the other - I admit to trying to see where the exit was...

A huge beardy bloke walked across to the Scottish guy who had started the fight and head butted him. As he lay on the floor, bleeding , the beardy guy turned to us and said " money"

we coughed up our notes and he turned to the barman and said " a drink for all our Spanish friends (the whole other side of the bar) and call the police as our friend needs to have a nights rest in a cell". End of incident

Later when we played Russia we sat beside a big group of Spanish Communists. At one point one of them kicked a Scottish guy in the back who was give it laldy in his drunken support of the team. A couple of scots guys got up to 'remonstrate' but were pulled back by their mates.

I remember thinking "Something has changed for good here"

So although I am all for our scottish identity , culture and anti-imperialism I think it was more a gut reaction to the media portrayal of us as "hooligans" after the wembley pitch invasion, and an opportunity to differentiate us in a positive way from the English (hooligans)

stoneyburn hibs
11-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Yep the poor Putin England fans, notorious and living up to their reputation.

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Coin chucking? I've been in the East Stand when we've done that. 'Lurking in the shadows'? :faf:

It's THEIR city. Act like an erchie and cause trouble and you have no one to blame but yourself. The same applies in Leith I would hope.
Marseille have had at least two home games in the past two seasons held up because of crowd trouble. Just saying, like. Don't doubt Marseille is a nice city, I love going to Toulouse personally, but there have been far too many incidents of folk being attacked by locals for it to be blamed purely on visiting fans.

DH1875
11-06-2016, 09:35 PM

To be fair, its clear from the videos that the Russians are attacking the England fans inside the stadium.

Having been to Paris and Marseille in the past, I'd rather take my chances in Leith. Totally agree with what your saying though :agree:.

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Btw having just seen the footage on ITV News, there can be no doubt whatsoever that the trouble in the ground was entirely started by the Russians.

Mr White
11-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Pretty brutal scenes all day it seems. Sad really.

stoneyburn hibs
11-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Btw having just seen the footage on ITV News, there can be no doubt whatsoever that the trouble in the ground was entirely started by the Russians.

ITV news, away and lie doon.

Benny Brazil
11-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Exactly. Those who really want to avoid aggro can EASILY do it. Been going to matches for decades and can count on one hand the number of situations where we got inadvertently caught up in trouble. And even then, was able to find a way out of it. Claiming those England fans throwing bottles, bricks and chairs and goading the police are merely defending themselves from aggressors is as ridiculous as Sevco claiming they were just trying to protect the players.

Not sure you can easily avoid trouble when your abroad like this. Lots of videos showing Groups of Russians running into random groups of English fans and attacking them then running off again then doing similar a few streets away. Then of course there's the trouble in the stadium when the Russians ran at the English after the full time whistle and you can see women and kids in the crowd.
Of course England fans aren't all angels and there will be similar hooligans in their ranks - but for me this has all been instigated by the Russians and the French.
The police look clueless to prevent it - only taking action once an attack has started - there is no attempt to stop the fans from mingling.

ronaldo7

They are, and it looks like the English guys are taking a hell of a beating. They seem to be on the run for some safety.

DH1875
Marseille have had at least two home games in the past two seasons held up because of crowd trouble. Just saying, like. Don't doubt Marseille is a nice city, I love going to Toulouse personally, but there have been far too many incidents of folk being attacked by locals for it to be blamed purely on visiting fans.

Bollah will know better but I'm pretty sure Marseille have two different hooligan factions who not only fight against rival hooligans but also fight against each other. PSG 100% had this problem at games a few years ago.

Pete
11-06-2016, 09:39 PM

:agree:

Doesn't look like the women and children reportedly caught up could have avoided that if they wanted to.

Maybe it's all part of the conspiracy to blame it all on the Russians.

Bristolhibby
11-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Aye, those Russians look grade A heidbangers.

Scare the **** out of me just seeing them on the telly.

One of the few places I'd seriously consider giving a miss on a Scotland trip.

A few Kaant skinheads kicked off in Ukraine back in 2006.

Anyone see any bother v Dnipro in 2005?

J

Baader
11-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Seen the Russian mob close up 4 years ago when they were doing their best to disrupt Euro 2012 in Warsaw. Marching with Soviet flags (a criminal offence in Poland) beating up locals, racially abusing other fans - monkey noises are still pretty commonplace in Russian football. Absolute sc#* some of them. England no angels but they're usurped by these idiots. World Cup 2018 will be a lot of fun over there... :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 09:42 PM
ITV news, away and lie doon.
Take your blinkers off and watch the footage. Clear as day it's instigated by the Russians with their t-shirts tied round their faces to hide their identity as is the style with their Ultra-types. I'm no England fan, but there's women and kids, French and English alike, scurrying about all over the places, scared witless.

stoneyburn hibs
11-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Take your blinkers off and watch the footage. Clear as day it's instigated by the Russians with their t-shirts tied round their faces to hide their identity as is the style with their Ultra-types. I'm no England fan, but there's women and kids, French and English alike, scurrying about all over the places, scared witless.

Aye cool story, I'll pass judgement when I see it from another source.

Benny Brazil
11-06-2016, 09:46 PM

Its true SH - you just need to search for it - plenty of videos of it.

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Seriously? Are you that bitter? It'll take about 3 seconds to find videos on Twitter. And don't say it proves nothing as it's clearly the Russian section from where they were during the game 90 seconds earlier.

Videos online now of Northern Ireland and Poland fans scrapping in Nice this evening as well. Not a good night.

Ronniekirk
11-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Thete was a loud noise like an explosion in the stadia and that seemed to be the signal for the Russians to attack Said a few of them were badly injured just getting across the perimeter fence to get at the English fans
They sound hard core so its no wonder the English fans are retreating
This is violence on a scale that is orchestrated and dangerous Life's will be lost
Puts our celebratory pitch invasion into perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1987kev
11-06-2016, 09:53 PM
It looks like the French police have put all the efforts in to stop terrorism happening which is correct btw but They have took there eye of the hooligans to have no police inside the stadium is joke after what's happened the day.

One Day Soon
11-06-2016, 09:54 PM
These people need some very old fashioned policing administered to them.

The England fans are by and large drunken idiots. The Russians are substantially seriously organised hard gangs. It is no contest and this kind of thing a) should be condemned all round and b) has the potential to knacker future tournaments.

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2016, 09:54 PM

Do you have any original material?

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 09:55 PM
It looks like the French police have put all the efforts in to stop terrorism happening which is correct btw but They have took there eye of the hooligans to have no police inside the stadium is joke after what's happened the day.
Given the terrorist threat, I was amazed that the Russians were able to get the banger and a couple of flares in to the ground.

Bristolhibby
Thete was a loud noise like an explosion in the stadia and that seemed to be the signal for the Russians to attack Said a few of them were badly injured just getting across the perimeter fence to get at the English fans
They sound hard core so its no wonder the English fans are retreating
This is violence on a scale that is orchestrated and dangerous Life's will be lost
Puts our celebratory pitch invasion into perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend on Facebook was trying to compare England fans over the last THREE nights to Hibs at the final.

It's not even in the same ballpark!

J

ronaldo7
Look who's joined the EDL in France.

Mikey09
11-06-2016, 09:56 PM
And that's England's problem. No point in people claiming the world is unfairly blaming England fans all the time when they have been at the centre of this stuff abroad at major championships for decades. If the English want perception to change they need to do more to distance themselves from it, go on a serious charm offensive with other countries/cultures/people, be more accommodating and drink less when in foreign lands. As a group they come across as a bunch of louts and hard men who smash up small towns. Whether the English like it or not, that's the perception and no amount of moaning about what other say will change that.

Theres no question England fans are being targeted abroad. Been happening for 15-20 years. Only they can change it by walking away, rather than confronting it. Sadly, they still have too many nutters who appear happy to scrap their way through Europe and beyond.

:top marks

1987kev
11-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Given the terrorist threat, I was amazed that the Russians were able to get the banger and a couple of flares in to the ground.

I know crazy stuff when heard the loud bang I did think of the worst for a second

stoneyburn hibs
11-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Seriously? Are you that bitter? It'll take about 3 seconds to find videos on Twitter. And don't say it proves nothing as it's clearly the Russian section from where they were during the game 90 seconds earlier.

Videos online now of Northern Ireland and Poland fans scrapping in Nice this evening as well. Not a good night.

I've seen it now from other sources, seems right enough as to what you posted. Bitter? No. Just wouldn't take the mainstream news at face value.

LancashireHibby
11-06-2016, 09:59 PM
I've seen it now from other sources, seems right enough as to what you posted. Bitter? No. Just wouldn't take the mainstream news at face value.
Fair enough, I'd seen it on Twitter as well but mentioned ITV as they seemed to have it from a TV camera rather than someone's phone etc. And in fairness to them, they were quite critical about the conduct of a lot of the England fans during their report.

One Day Soon
11-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Anyone trying to point score over this stuff really needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

It is extremely dangerous violence and the damage to both people and the game could be as bad as it gets.

Boyle89
11-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Since our pitch invasion there's been millwall fans charging Barnsley fans in the stadium and now Russian fans charging England fans in the stadium. Yet we are the disgrace🙄.
It's a farce that Russia have been given the World Cup. Who is going to want to go there?!

One Day Soon
11-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Since our pitch invasion there's been millwall fans charging Barnsley fans in the stadium and now Russian fans charging England fans in the stadium. Yet we are the disgrace.
It's a farce that Russia have been given the World Cup. Who is going to want to go there?!

Exactly right. Why they got the Winter Olympics was beyond me and the Word Cup seems indefensible.

greenginger
11-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Since our pitch invasion there's been millwall fans charging Barnsley fans in the stadium and now Russian fans charging England fans in the stadium. Yet we are the disgrace.

On on my hols and not seen any footie. Do you think Regan will think these scenes worse than the cup final, which he thought were the worst ever to happen at football .

Hibs90
11-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Vardy's wide caught up in the stadium trouble too apparently

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Reports now that an Englishman has been killed by being pushed in front of a train.

Mon Dieu4
11-06-2016, 10:31 PM
On on my hols and not seen any footie. Do you think Regan will think these scenes worse than the cup final, which he thought were the worst ever to happen at football .

Traynor is probably writing a letter with crayon to UEFA as we speak saying Hibs fans have been disguising themselves as Russians

Scottie
11-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Looks like a couple of Scottish lads (bottom of shot) caught up in the stadium tonight. Hope they are ok. 16925

1987kev
11-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Northern Ireland fans fighting now with the French now

hibsbollah
11-06-2016, 10:43 PM

Source?

Mon Dieu4
11-06-2016, 10:44 PM

Well they are the best at riots, canny leave them out

One Day Soon
Plenty of Twitter claims that UEFA are getting ready to announce suspension/cancellation of the tournament because of the violence. If there has been a death, if, then frankly you couldn't blame them.

The Russians should lose the World Cup right now.

adhibs
Reports now that an Englishman has been killed by being pushed in front of a train.

Shocking if true.Imagine being away supporting your country and that happening. Seen a pic of the metro system closed off so may be true

Jumbo
11-06-2016, 10:45 PM
Source?

there was video on twitter and definitely NI fans involved

One Day Soon
11-06-2016, 10:45 PM
Source?

Pics all over Twitter. Also fights with Polish.

adhibs
11-06-2016, 10:46 PM

Rumours it was french attacking north irish and polish who had been drinking together

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Pics all over Twitter. Also fights with Polish.

Apparently French causing bother against N Ireland and Poles who were all in the same pub

1987kev
11-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Source?

Sky sports news quote from the French police 30 French youths attack n Irish fans . 7 fans injured

Jumbo
11-06-2016, 10:51 PM
England should also be banned. The bother has centred round their fans for 3 nights in a row.

Doubt they'd cancel the tournament but teams could be booted out.

Boot out England and Russia and deport their fans, problem solved

One Day Soon
11-06-2016, 10:53 PM
England should also be banned. The bother has centred round their fans for 3 nights in a row.

Doubt they'd cancel the tournament but teams could be booted out.

Think this goes way beyond one set of fans. It really will need an inquiry and investigation. French clearly have a hand in it too.

No way Russia should host a major tournament though.

Sprouleflyer
11-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Only stewards in the stadium at the end of the England game, no police.

They must have been on there way to Ibrox,

calumhibee1
11-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Plenty of Twitter claims that UEFA are getting ready to announce suspension/cancellation of the tournament because of the violence. If there has been a death, if, then frankly you couldn't blame them.

The Russians should lose the World Cup right now.

While I don't disagree that they couldn't be blamed for cancelling it if there's been a death I just cannot see it happening unless things get signficantly worse (I know they're bad already btw.)

1987kev
11-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Train company have made a statement saying someone has been hit by a train more to follow

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2016, 10:59 PM
While I don't disagree that they couldn't be blamed for cancelling it if there's been a death I just cannot see it happening unless things get signficantly worse (I know they're bad already btw.)

Significantly worse?? Is that even possible?

calumhibee1
11-06-2016, 11:02 PM
Significantly worse?? Is that even possible?

I knew as soon as I'd typed that it sounded daft but I don't think the current troubles will be enough to get the tournament cancelled. Teams kicked out maybe, although I don't see what good that'll do, the fans will hang around anyway and the local hooligans who also seem to be involved will still be around aswell.

essexhibee
11-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Train company have made a statement saying someone has been hit by a train more to follow

Authorities have confirmed it was a French woman not England fan.

Mon Dieu4
11-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Stan Collymore is on periscope right now in the middle of it all, ****ing mental, tear gas the lot

Hibby70
11-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Stan Collymore is on periscope right now in the middle of it all, ****ing mental, tear gas the lot

Is he beating up his girlfriend?

Mon Dieu4
11-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Is he beating up his girlfriend?

He's got form in France but no he wasnt, he was wandering down the road and all of a sudden rakes of French folk who had been waiting about just charged at the English, so the police just fired in tear gas and stood and watched, but didn't really do anything

Baader
11-06-2016, 11:22 PM
This reads familiar...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/11/euro-2016-england-russia-fans-clash-marseille

Comrades Traynor and Jackson must have defected to Moscow.

givescotlandfreedom
11-06-2016, 11:22 PM
What's the chances the SFA will use this violence to justify whacking us with a hefty punishment by saying this is what misbehaviour can lead to etc etc?

Scott Allan Key
11-06-2016, 11:25 PM

Because French Police are too busy bullying local North Africans to realise the real problem is the (accepted) blood and soil fascists in their midst?

Alex Trager
11-06-2016, 11:49 PM
He's got form in France but no he wasnt, he was wandering down the road and all of a sudden rakes of French folk who had been waiting about just charged at the English, so the police just fired in tear gas and stood and watched, but didn't really do anything

Sounds pretty crazy over there at the minute

CapitalGreen
11-06-2016, 11:59 PM
Why when there was violence outside the English pub on Marseille Harbour on Thursday and Friday did the amount of people going there increase day-on-day?

monktonharp
12-06-2016, 12:20 AM
There's something not right about you GG. Scouse is one of the better posters on here. You're just on the wind up.you the general post policeman?

Zazu62
12-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Are they just gonna keep rioting everyday ?

snooky
12-06-2016, 12:28 AM
I see there are 'Britons' in hospital in France following Euro Cup violence.
I wonder if there are any Scots involved.
Amazing how we all are 'British' when there's trouble.

hibs69
12-06-2016, 12:36 AM
What's the chances the SFA will use this violence to justify whacking us with a hefty punishment by saying this is what misbehaviour can lead to etc etc?

I was thinking the opposite. Forget any punishment because compared to Marseilles tonight, Hampden at 4:55pm 21/5/2016 was just a wee stramash!

monktonharp
12-06-2016, 12:56 AM
I get the feeling this whole debacle will end very soon, as the French seem to have lost the plot with the security issues and will ask for it to be shut down. They cant wholly be blamed, as they have terrorist problems to deal with but why have they not re-inforced the policing and security well before the competition started? when looking at the Belgian situation recently on the news , it looked more reassuring to see their sojers on the streets giving scary looks to anyone droppin' a fag end.

SkintHibby
12-06-2016, 01:00 AM

You are wrong on this one Snooky.

When abroad involving injured (or worse) nationals it is correct to call them "British".

Pete
12-06-2016, 01:06 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if there were Sevconians involved.

CB_NO3
12-06-2016, 01:35 AM
Videos of a full pub of English fans singing "we're racist and thats the way we like it". Some English fans have England tops saying I 8 ISIS. What a vile bunch. This is not a minority, this is thousands. Its a shame as there is actually thousands of good England fans there for the football.

CB_NO3
12-06-2016, 01:47 AM
Another thing, England have stormed about Europe for 30+ years being untouchable. They days are long gone. The Russians and Poles dont mess about. They bay for blood and they now travel in mass numbers.

mjhibby
12-06-2016, 02:59 AM
I was thinking the opposite. Forget any punishment because compared to Marseilles tonight, Hampden at 4:55pm 21/5/2016 was just a wee stramash!

The comments by traynor and the Glasgow press now look ridiculous when you see what's happening in France. Sadly it was so predictable especially having the ko at 8pm by which time the engerland fans,as well as the loonies of France and Russia would be well oiled.

bingo70
12-06-2016, 05:37 AM
Looking at the videos from last night I really feel sorry for the English fans. From what I could see that was stepped up a notch from the usual English garden furniture getting thrown about. Seems to me it was normal football fans getting chased and battered for no reason. That's no right and you should be able to go to a game of football without that fear.

Pete
12-06-2016, 05:54 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFights/comments/4g9xco/russian_hooligan_youth_divisions_arranged_brawl/?

A small insight into the way these people (not just the Russians) think about violence.

It's like they are genuinely preparing for war.

Posh Swanny
12-06-2016, 06:57 AM
Looking at the videos from last night I really feel sorry for the English fans. From what I could see that was stepped up a notch from the usual English garden furniture getting thrown about. Seems to me it was normal football fans getting chased and battered for no reason. That's no right and you should be able to go to a game of football without that fear.
Got a group of mates out there and they are just your average "normal" football fans. 3 of then have never been away with England before. They were with a bigger group totalling about 30 drinking outside a bar before the game with their various flags on display - a PUFC one and a Peterborough Chelsea one, you may have seen them getting stolen by Russians on TV footage. Apparently it was frightening beyond belief. One minute they're having a drink and discussing Rooney or Vardy, the next minute 150+ Russians and French charged them with bottles and glasses flying everywhere. Theyre all OK but can't get home quick enough. They were running a gauntlet back to their hotel after the game - from the police as much as anyone who were just battering anyone and everyone.

ronaldo7
12-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Got a group of mates out there and they are just your average "normal" football fans. 3 of then have never been away with England before. They were with a bigger group totalling about 30 drinking outside a bar before the game with their various flags on display - a PUFC one and a Peterborough Chelsea one, you may have seen them getting stolen by Russians on TV footage. Apparently it was frightening beyond belief. One minute they're having a drink and discussing Rooney or Vardy, the next minute 150+ Russians and French charged them with bottles and glasses flying everywhere. Theyre all OK but can't get home quick enough. They were running a gauntlet back to their hotel after the game - from the police as much as anyone who were just battering anyone and everyone.

It looks like the Russians have organised and are targeting any English fans. I've seen the footage of the flags being ripped off and the place being trashed, and it can't be a nice place to be at the moment.

On the other hand I've seen England fans lobbing bottles in full view of the media/police. I wonder if they will be identified when they get back to their shires and brought to book.

I've seen the Welsh lads applaud a couple just married, and everything looking very jovial. I wonder if they will be targeted next.

Canon Hannan
12-06-2016, 07:19 AM
I am ashamed of OGC Nice Ultras. What are they doing? Marseille, Bastia and Nice have serious hooligan problems. South of France is volatile and on edge with extreme left and right wing politics which causes tension as it is. But this is purely Ultra hooligans fighting for Nice and France. I feel for the real supporters and tourists. That's Nice lost one supporter here. About 25% of their support are Ultras. It's a huge problem.

DH1875
12-06-2016, 07:26 AM
Boot out England and Russia and deport their fans, problem solved

What about the French?

Islington Hibs
12-06-2016, 07:30 AM
The French police have defended the English supporters and squarely blamed local hooligans.

If you only watched some of the videos from the Cup Final that the media wanted you to watch, you'd have agreed that Hibs were solely to blame and that the Cup should be withdrawn and a ban from Europe issued.

Absolutely. Russia/ Ukraine etc have very serious problems and while it is convenient to blame England it stands as much scrutiny as blaming Hibs for the pitch invasion at the cup final. While I am sure there are a small number of English thugs the very vast majority are decent people. While I do not support England I have been to a couple of away matches with them and 99% are decent people very similar to the sort you see at Easter Road. Doubtless this will not be a popular view but it is the truth as I see it (and I am not defending anyone who resorted to violence outside self-defence.)

Hibby Bairn
12-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Have you noticed the sterility of the coverage. Only actual film I have seen is from phones. UEFA and TV companies close ranks. Almost pretend it isn't happening. Or at best it is but unfortunately we can't show you it.

Let's do all we can to keep our product nice and clean. So we only get narrative and still images. It was left to the radio last night to live report what was going on.

All motivated by money. Not wanting to infect the sponsor and commercial brands associated with the tournament.

So we have fixed camera views whilst mayhem reins all around.

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Have you noticed the sterility of the coverage. Only actual film I have seen is from phones. UEFA and TV companies close ranks. Almost pretend it isn't happening. Or at best it is but unfortunately we can't show you it.

Let's do all we can to keep our product nice and clean. So we only get narrative and still images. It was left to the radio last night to live report what was going on.

All motivated by money. Not wanting to infect the sponsor and commercial brands associated with the tournament.

So we have fixed camera views whilst mayhem reins all around.

Exactly this.

Since90+2
12-06-2016, 07:57 AM
You have to feel sorry for your average English fan just over there for the football and a laugh but a sizeable minority of their support tend to always attract trouble.

English "casuals" probably class throwing a few chairs as bother , they have obviously more than met their match with the Russians who clearly don't take any prisoners.

bigwheel
12-06-2016, 08:01 AM
You have to feel sorry for your average English fan just over there for the football and a laugh but a sizeable minority of their support tend to always attract trouble.

English "casuals" probably class throwing a few chairs as bother , they have obviously more than met their match with the Russians who clearly don't take any prisoners.

I've thought that for a long time about good English football fans....at least when you are away with Scotland you can have a laugh...with England there seems to always be an edge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finn2015
12-06-2016, 08:09 AM
I've thought that for a long time about good English football fans....at least when you are away with Scotland you can have a laugh...with England there seems to always be an edge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There reputation precedes them I'm afraid

ano hibby
12-06-2016, 08:36 AM
God forbid an actual terrorist incident in the middle of all this.

degenerated
12-06-2016, 09:48 AM
The problem for me isn't that they are British, it's that we still are too 😈

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hibs90
12-06-2016, 09:59 AM
God forbid an actual terrorist incident in the middle of all this.

Then there is this possibility too. Shambolic scenario.

Hibrandenburg
12-06-2016, 04:22 PM
The irony of the whole farce is that those who go abroad looking for trouble, goading locals and generally acting like dickheads are the very same **** that get outraged by foreigners at home who dare to be.....well......erm.....foreign.

LancashireHibby
12-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Germans and Ukranians have had a go at it now.

In the odd years between World Cups and Euros, I think there really is scope for a world championship in throwing patio furniture.