PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEIL LENNON ON JOINING HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
09-06-2016, 04:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6560)

Just Alf
09-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Yay!... the training facilities get their mention :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Kojock
09-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Disappointing interview, no mention of loyalty points or pre season training in Malaga.

CalgaryHibs
09-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Don't like this signing at all

Finn2015
09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Neil Lennon
Speaking
About Hibernian?

Provocation

Jack
09-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Yay!... the training facilities get their mention :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

We could play new manager/player bingo!

The chairman ✅
Leeann ✅
George ✅
Vision ✅
Training facilities ✅
Big club ✅
Super stadium ✅
Supporters ✅
Edinburgh ✅
Potential ✅
Exciting times ✅
Scottish Cup, no longer a Holy Grail but a monkey ✅
Always admired the club✅
Fantastic history ✅
Bring success ✅

;-)

Unseen work
09-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Quite a weird interview compared to recent managers imo.

doesnt come across particularly delighted or that imo but I think that's more his personality.

he will know exactly what needs to be done and I'm extremely confident he will get it done.

adhibs
09-06-2016, 06:26 PM

doesnt come across particularly delighted or that imo but I think that's more his personality.

he will know exactly what needs to be done and I'm extremely confident he will get it done.

In all videos ive watched today he just comes across as knowing exactly what he wants, and thats success. Ive been very impressed with him.

WoreTheGreen
09-06-2016, 06:29 PM
In all videos ive watched today he just comes across as knowing exactly what he wants, and thats success. Ive been very impressed with him.

No to much flannel right down to buisness

Enough said
09-06-2016, 06:30 PM

Spot on mate agreed

CRAZYHIBBY
09-06-2016, 07:00 PM
He said there's players making waves to leave...I would like to know who they are...if we can sell them then I would and get players who want to be here

makaveli1875
09-06-2016, 07:02 PM
He said there's players making waves to leave...I would like to know who they are...if we can sell them then I would and get players who want to be here

il hazard a guess that cummings is 1 of them

Lee Marvin
09-06-2016, 07:08 PM

Who said this and where?

dmc1875
09-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Who said this and where?

Been reported all over. Seems Lennon said it in his interviews.

If one of them is Cummings, sell him and find a back up striker and a striker to partner Keatings and pocket £1m or so in the process.

IanFaeClerrie
09-06-2016, 07:13 PM
anyone else uncomfortable with Petrie's name on the press release? I don't want to see a comeback.

keep the faith
09-06-2016, 07:18 PM
anyone else uncomfortable with Petrie's name on the press release? I don't want to see a comeback.

I have noticed he has suddenly increased his profile since the cup win.

cabbageandribs1875
09-06-2016, 07:18 PM

Rod Petrie gave a very dignified interview during the aftermath of the pitch invasion, even though the interviewer was trying to get him to agree that the fans were naughty boys being on the pitch, i don't think LD would have been experienced enough to do an interview at that time, credit where credits due imo

Hibbyradge
09-06-2016, 07:20 PM

Stop it!

This is a great time to be a Hibby. Why stir the s***?

keep the faith
09-06-2016, 07:23 PM

I thought he seems way more excited in this clip than I expected him to be. Seems genuinely delighted to be here.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36491126

If you don't have a season yet buy one now!! This is the time to stand up!!!

greenpaper55
09-06-2016, 07:23 PM

I noticed this as well, is this another Petrie appointment or Leeanns ? I thought he was taking a back seat but it would appear he cannot keep his trap shut, never forget what he has done to the club !

HappyHanlon
09-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Cummings wanted to leave for the Huns prior to the cup final. Obviously us beating them might have changed that stance now :cb

Source, a current Hibs player.

FranckSuzy
09-06-2016, 07:37 PM
I don't care about The Petrie, to paraphrase King Dom. Anyway....welcome to Hibernian, Scottish Cup winners 2016, Neil :thumbsup:

Topographic Hibby
09-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Cummings wanted to leave for the Huns prior to the cup final. Obviously us beating them might have changed that stance now.....

Sit back and wait for their offer. Will be well short of mil.

Four grubby £20 notes, a post-dated cheque, Tavernier and a damaged hat (needs some attention).

Ronniekirk
09-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Cummings wanted to leave for the Huns prior to the cup final. Obviously us beating them might have changed that stance now :cb

Source, a current Hibs player.

And that Rangers fan throwing hm in the pool and calling Jason a Fannie wont have helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanGF69
09-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Really pleased Lennon has joined us - good times ahead!

Help! I can't get rid of the unhappy face above. Need to learn how to use this site.... lol

matty_f
09-06-2016, 08:01 PM
I noticed this as well, is this another Petrie appointment or Leeanns ? I thought he was taking a back seat but it would appear he cannot keep his trap shut, never forget what he has done to the club !

Win the Scottish Cup?

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2016, 08:03 PM
Never forget the many positive things he has done as well.

lucky
09-06-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm sure Lennon will get them all sorted. Exciting times to be a Hibbie

Finn2015
09-06-2016, 08:50 PM
And that Rangers fan throwing hm in the pool and calling Jason a Fannie wont have helped

I'd hate to see him end up there or any other of our players tbh

TheMentalHibees
09-06-2016, 09:09 PM

Where about? Would he surprised if he was openly saying this having just walked in the door.

MWHIBBIES
09-06-2016, 09:11 PM
He said there's players making waves to leave...I would like to know who they are...if we can sell them then I would and get players who want to be hereThere are 10 million players who would kill to be here, I want ones that are good enough to be here.

Marco G
09-06-2016, 09:21 PM
anyone else uncomfortable with Petrie's name on the press release? I don't want to see a comeback. I am not uncomfortable. I am happy he is part of a team doing great things at Easter Road. Can't rewrite history to suit an agenda - we have just won the cup!

Andy74
09-06-2016, 09:25 PM

He's a board appointment. Rod chairs the board. No problem with him discussing the appointment.

GreenCastle
09-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Thought it was a decent interview.

Lennon has a point to prove that Bolton wasn't all about him.

I think he will be very determined to succeed here. :agree:

jacomo
09-06-2016, 11:49 PM
I am not uncomfortable. I am happy he is part of a team doing great things at Easter Road. Can't rewrite history to suit an agenda - we have just won the cup!

I think the club is now running just fine. Petrie has shown his worth as chairman these past few weeks.

He wasn't a great CEO though and appointing LD is one of the best things he's ever done.

GloryGlory
10-06-2016, 06:15 AM
He's a board appointment. Rod chairs the board. No problem with him discussing the appointment.

My take is that Leeann and George Craig would be responsible for the process of recruiting the new Head Coach and putting together a package, and would then make a recommendation to the Board. The Board would then ratify (or not - unlikely) the Chief Executive's recommendation. The Board role in the process is a formality.

Unless Leeann decided to recommend her wee 12 year old nephew or somesuch :greengrin.

PS I don't know if she has a wee 12 year old nephew, BTW.

Danderhall Hibs
10-06-2016, 06:22 AM

I think it's as simple as if he's a success he was appointed by LD.

If he's not a success then clearly RP was involved.

Finn2015
10-06-2016, 06:25 AM
I think it's as simple as if he's a success he was appointed by LD.

If he's not a success then clearly RP was involved.

This lol

Sean1875
10-06-2016, 06:48 AM
I've heard this rumour about Cummings openly talking about wanting to go
to Sevco from a few people now.. since when did he have such an obsession with that club? weird.

Waxy
10-06-2016, 07:13 AM
I've heard this rumour about Cummings openly talking about wanting to go
to Sevco from a few people now.. since when did he have such an obsession with that club? weird.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDoubt sevco have a million to spend on one player.

HibbySpurs
10-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Thought it was a decent interview.

Lennon has a point to prove that Bolton wasn't all about him.

I think he will be very determined to succeed here. :agree:

This.

And it's what excites me about the appointment TBH. Lennon is very much a man on a mission here to re-establish himself as a potential EPL manager and to show he can bring success without pots of cash to do it.

I will have no issues if say at the end of 2017/18 season he leaves with us having pis***d the championship and then qualified for Europe through our league placing in the Premiership. Another cup would be nice as well mind... Big one or wee one I don't care.

The_Todd
10-06-2016, 09:38 AM
I'm not getting too excited until I've judged his website.

jacomo
10-06-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm not getting too excited until I've judged his website.

Don't bother. It's a Provo hate fest.

:wink: