PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thought.........

Franck Stanton
09-06-2016, 03:41 PM
How would everyone feel if we sold Cummings for the £1 million being banded about and used the cash to sign Commons and Stokes [or another striker], or even sign Henderson as well [long shot I know, but two months ago who would have thought Lennon would be our Manager ?].

Wouldn't break my heart to see Cummings go under these circumstances.

Thoughts ?

The Harp Awakes
09-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Done!

jacomo
09-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Decisions will be made in the next few weeks and I'm sure there will be changes. I've got a lot of faith in the people making those decisions.

Re: JC - I rate him highly, and he scored 25 goals last season. He's by no means the finished article so I'd expect him to take a step up again next season if he stays with us (if he moves and doesn't play much, may be not). I think we will also get a development fee if he leaves next summer.

In summary - he might go, but I'd expect a good price for him.

I just don't see us being able to afford Stokes, but we need at least one quality striker.

I love Hendo, but have a feeling Rodgers will keep him. He's got the character that managers love.

Commons is a goal scoring midfielder and we need one of those!

portyhibernian
09-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Done!

:agree:

scotiaf
09-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Can't see us getting either, Henderson on loan is probably the best bet

Callyballybe
09-06-2016, 03:57 PM
If there was even a slight chance of this, I'd bite their respective hand/s off!

:flag::flag::flag:

greenlex
09-06-2016, 04:16 PM
If we can get a million for Cummings Ill give Radge a hand eating his hat.

High-On-Hibs
09-06-2016, 04:19 PM
If a club wants to pay a million for Cummings, i'll drive him there myself. (and I don't currently drive)

Commons and Stokes would no doubt be great signings. But I can see them getting considerably better offers elsewhere.

Greenworld
10-06-2016, 06:41 AM
That would be a done deal my preference would be 800k and keep him on loan for 1 season .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Jones28
10-06-2016, 06:44 AM
Sold

Sean1875
10-06-2016, 06:46 AM
bite their hand off for £1 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
10-06-2016, 06:55 AM
If a club wants to pay a million for Cummings, i'll drive him there myself. (and I don't currently drive)

Commons and Stokes would no doubt be great signings. But I can see them getting considerably better offers elsewhere.

I'll even pay for the petrol and a meal at the little chef!! We won't get a million for him though.

lucky
10-06-2016, 06:57 AM
If JC thinks he'll develop better under Warbarton than Lennon then he's even stupider than I thought. He does not have he brains to handle the OF goldfish bowl. He'd be better signing another contract here and move to England in a couple years if he's good enough.

Hibrandenburg
10-06-2016, 09:30 AM
At the drop of a hat.

Ritchie
10-06-2016, 09:33 AM
There is no way Stokes will come back to Hibs even if we met his wage demands. He didn't enjoy the Championship, he'll go down South

Yorkshire HFC
10-06-2016, 09:38 AM
If JC thinks he'll develop better under Warbarton than Lennon then he's even stupider than I thought. He does not have he brains to handle the OF goldfish bowl. He'd be better signing another contract here and move to England in a couple years if he's good enough.
What happens if he's not good enough? He may think that this is his best chance of getting a big contract - he can still move to England with a load of cash after his Rangers contract. Why would he stay at Hibs on 1/3? the wages? Would you? That's life I'm afraid for us Hibs fans.

Geo_1875
10-06-2016, 09:52 AM
What happens if he's not good enough? He may think that this is his best chance of getting a big contract - he can still move to England with a load of cash after his Rangers contract. Why would he stay at Hibs on 1/3? the wages? Would you? That's life I'm afraid for us Hibs fans.

He won't go to The Rangers as they can't afford to buy anybody.

Toldo123
10-06-2016, 11:44 AM
I think we would be doing well to get half a million for cummings.

allezsauzee
10-06-2016, 12:09 PM
If we can get a million for Cummings Ill give Radge a hand eating his hat.

this is when i miss old Rangers, they'd have offered us a couple of million for him by now

Tyler Durden
10-06-2016, 12:13 PM
How would everyone feel if we sold Cummings for the £1 million being banded about and used the cash to sign Commons and Stokes [or another striker], or even sign Henderson as well [long shot I know, but two months ago who would have thought Lennon would be our Manager ?].

Wouldn't break my heart to see Cummings go under these circumstances.

Thoughts ?

Wouldn't choose any of those players for Cummings.

My thoughts are we enjoy another season of 25+ goals, further development under a good coach and hopefully he signs a new deal.

Seveno
10-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Take away Cummings goals from last season and we would have been in the bottom half of the Championship and got nowhere in the Cup. He is worth more than £1m.

MWHIBBIES
10-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Take away Cummings goals from last season and we would have been in the bottom half of the Championship and got nowhere in the Cup. He is worth more than £1m.Would we have played with 10 players? Keatings would have scored a lot more if he was played as a striker all season in Cummings place.

Waxy
10-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Take away Cummings goals from last season and we would have been in the bottom half of the Championship and got nowhere in the Cup. He is worth more than £1m.

Someone would have replaced him? Someone who scores goals?

Diclonius
10-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Cummings is raw talent and I'm not sure if we have the time to develop that in the Championship. Sell him for £1 million and get in a clinical striker + 1 or 2 others nae bother.

Edinburgher
10-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Personally would rather tie up Cummings as he is a proven goalscorer in this league - Stokes struggled overall, cup final obviously the exception. Keatings should get a good run although we do need another target man.

CmoantheHibs
10-06-2016, 01:28 PM
I would take that deal without a doubt but its not going to happen.

Thegreenside
10-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Would we have played with 10 players? Keatings would have scored a lot more if he was played as a striker all season in Cummings place.

Would he score in the big game like Cummings does tho?

MWHIBBIES
10-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Would he score in the big game like Cummings does tho?
Our biggest games were the playoffs, Keatings scored 2, Cummings scored 0

snooky
10-06-2016, 04:14 PM
this is when i miss old Rangers, they'd have offered us a couple of million for him by now

:agree: Where's Willie Mackay when you need him?