09-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Goosebawz

liscious_hibs
09-06-2016, 04:15 PM
No happening, Stubbs will take him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenArmyyy!
09-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Lennon said today he will be beyond us financially...

Ronniekirk
09-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Lennon is right and a stokes will feel his performance in the Final has shown he is still capable of playing at a Higher level so Lennon needs to now get planning and bring a striker in that can get us goals , but i will give him a few days to bed in first green grin

CalgaryHibs
09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Lennon is right and a stokes will feel his performance in the Final has shown he is still capable of playing at a Higher level so Lennon needs to now get planning and bring a striker in that can get us goals , but i will give him a few days to bed in first green grin

Agree
His signings will be interesting

majorhibs
09-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Agree
His signings will be interesting

Liam H for 1 season to add the final polish & add the dg & "savvy" for want of a better word. Mr Rodgers the player you will get back at 22 will be the biz & you & us will be so much the better for it- nae brainer! :flag:

Green&White
09-06-2016, 10:02 PM
I think given a decent run keatings will score for fun in this league and if we keep cummings then striker isnt as vital as other areas of park

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
09-06-2016, 10:33 PM
I think given a decent run keatings will score for fun in this league and if we keep cummings then striker isnt as vital as other areas of park

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

That would mean we only have two senior strikers, so it would still be the most important area to strengthen. We need another two who will provide Lennon with different tactical options.

Waxy
09-06-2016, 10:52 PM
We need another one striker at least. Is Dagnall away also?

rossi
10-06-2016, 02:09 AM
Apart from the goalkeeper I'd say strikers is the main place where we need strengthened. Be good to have someone who could win a header every now and then.

Pete
10-06-2016, 02:21 AM
Liam H for 1 season to add the final polish & add the dg & "savvy" for want of a better word. Mr Rodgers the player you will get back at 22 will be the biz & you & us will be so much the better for it- nae brainer! :flag:

:agree:

Makes a lot of sense for both parties. McGinn/Fyvie/McGeoch/Bartley/Liam + others would be fantastic as it maintains consistency in midfield allowing us to continue where we left off. A solid, young, quality base.

As for Stokes, he's not the type of player we need to get us out of this division. He's a big game player who isn't really effective agains teams that park the bus. He's done his bit and more.

JOD
10-06-2016, 03:27 AM
Apart from the goalkeeper I'd say strikers is the main place where we need strengthened. Be good to have someone who could win a header every now and then.

Hope Conrad gets at least a wee 1 year contract. He's a legend.

marinello59
10-06-2016, 04:25 AM
Hope Conrad gets at least a wee 1 year contract. He's a legend.

He is a legend.
But I would be amazed if he was here next season.

Tyler Durden
10-06-2016, 05:50 AM

A Mixu type target man has to be the aim. Someone like that would be the perfect foil for JC/Keatings and also bring goals out of the midfield hopefully

Aldo
10-06-2016, 06:12 AM
Lennon is right and a stokes will feel his performance in the Final has shown he is still capable of playing at a Higher level so Lennon needs to now get planning and bring a striker in that can get us goals , but i will give him a few days to bed in first green grin Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now it all depends on the player Ronnie.

He's out of contract so wouldn't cost a penny so that's one hurdle over come!!

Question though.... Is this just a smoke screen ie Lennon saying he's out with our grasp financially??

I don't think we will manage to get him but I really wish we could!!

Marco G
10-06-2016, 07:57 AM
We need another one striker at least. Is Dagnall away also?Dagnall was only here until end of season.

makaveli1875
10-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Fulham to hold Stokes talks
FULHAM are the latest side to be linked with Anthony Stokes, after the striker was released by Celtic.
The Irishman is supposedly out of Hibernian’s price range - Neil Lennon said yesterday: ‘I doubt we could do Stokesy financially’ - but Championship clubs such as Rotherham, Leeds and Birmingham have all been linked with the former Sunderland striker

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-matty-taylor-to-celtic-kranjcar-will-join-rangers-henderson-to-hibs-dons-eye-man-utd-goalie-1-4151020#ixzz4BABQWjsN

Ritchie
10-06-2016, 08:34 AM
We need another one striker at least. Is Dagnall away also?

Jamie Insall will be back.

HibbySpurs
10-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Lennon said today he will be beyond us financially...

Yep, what he will want in wages will be too much.

Lennon has the right attitude here, we probably could get him but it would blow a fair % of whatever budget has been agreed.

Far better getting strength in depth for this season to see us win the Championship rather than one or two "big" marquee signings?

Besides, haven't we already had our marquee signing in Neil himself?

Stokesy has left Hibs a legend for his performance on 21 May & I am forever grateful to him for it. Happy to leave it at that and wish him every success in his career.

allezsauzee
10-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Jamie Insall will be back.

I've never seen him play but 8 goals in 21 games in league 2 wouldn't have me thinking that he's good enough to play for Hibs

GreenArmy1875
10-06-2016, 11:36 AM
I've never seen him play but 8 goals in 21 games in league 2 wouldn't have me thinking that he's good enough to play for Hibs

In his first year as a pro in a physical league you just never know

GloryGlory
10-06-2016, 11:38 AM
In his first year as a pro in a physical league you just never know

Exactly - it was a big step up from the level he was at. This needs to be his breakthrough season, though.

GreenArmy1875
10-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Exactly - it was a big step up from the level he was at. This needs to be his breakthrough season, though.

Totally. Think he was always going to be a risk but fingers crossed for us it comes good!

Pat 0-7
10-06-2016, 01:35 PM
I saw him play once for East Fife and I reckon he would have to improve a hell of a lot to make it at Hibs, based on that game. Almost scored with a great overhead kick but apart from that didn't look that dangerous, except when he had to be dragged away from an opponent who had fouled him....

jacomo
10-06-2016, 02:18 PM
I saw him play once for East Fife and I reckon he would have to improve a hell of a lot to make it at Hibs, based on that game. Almost scored with a great overhead kick but apart from that didn't look that dangerous, except when he had to be dragged away from an opponent who had fouled him....

Lennon likes this kind of player!

TheFamous1875
10-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Maybe another season at that level would do him the world of wonders?

12-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Doubt we'll get him tbh. After his wonderful performance in the big stage in the SC final, teams with far bigger budgets than ours will no doubt be interested.

Ozyhibby
12-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Maybe another season at that level would do him the world of wonders?

He's 24. It's this season or never.

bingo70
12-06-2016, 08:19 PM

Someone I know (In u17 squad) played against him in a bounce game at East mains. Said he was nothing special but in his defence he'd just come from a double session in the gym and asked to play in this bounce game.

Not great insight I know but i wonder if Hibs working him much harder than he's been used to might have had an impact on his performances for East Fife? Might be completely different after a decent pre season and having had a decent spell playing professional football.

ian cruise
12-06-2016, 08:24 PM

Jamie Vardy would disagree.

I'd like Insall to be a revelation this season, it's one less position that needs filled and it's one of those romantic football success stories. He was always a punt though so who knows if he'll make the step up

Paloschi
12-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Stokes wont be here. Riordan will

Haymaker
12-06-2016, 09:33 PM

:hyper

allezsauzee
12-06-2016, 09:34 PM

As a ST holder?

Argylehibby
13-06-2016, 11:12 AM

We tend to forget that his team mates are not at that higher standard so the quality and quantity of chances set up are lower too.

allezsauzee
13-06-2016, 12:55 PM
We tend to forget that his team mates are not at that higher standard so the quality and quantity of chances set up are lower too.

He was playing for the team that won the division scoring 62 goals in the process. chances shouldn't have been too difficult to come by. Hopefully i'm wrong but i would expect a a player good enough to be playing for Hibs to be a stand out in that division.

ivan03
13-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Stoksey talking to Blackburn today I believe. Rotherham and Fulham also interested.

The_Horde
13-06-2016, 06:06 PM
He was playing for the team that won the division scoring 62 goals in the process. chances shouldn't have been too difficult to come by. Hopefully i'm wrong but i would expect a a player good enough to be playing for Hibs to be a stand out in that division.

They were mid table when Insall joined.

Carheenlea
13-06-2016, 10:51 PM
He was apparently on circa £10K per week, of which Hibs were contributing £1K per week. Safe to say we got a pretty good deal there in the end.. Unfortunately he would appear to be well out of our reach.

BigKev
13-06-2016, 11:05 PM
He was apparently on circa £10K per week, of which Hibs were contributing £1K per week. Safe to say we got a pretty good deal there in the end.. Unfortunately he would appear to be well out of our reach.

Hibs contributed far more than a grand a week.

monktonharp
13-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Hibs contributed far more than a grand a week.far more could be 2k, that's double the 1k,Kev. no chance of touching 10k though and we all know it. he is a fantastic player and now a legend but sadly we wont see him again. more chance of getting a loan of big Liam for a half season.