PDA

View Full Version : More arrests today after the pitch invasion

Pages : [1] 2

hibs0666
09-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Ten more arrests made today in Edinburgh and Glasgow, will all due in Glasgow Sheriff Court tomorrow.

Dashing Bob S
09-06-2016, 12:32 PM
As long as the authorities come down hard on the Glaswegian thugs, and the Police Officers who callously framed the decent Edinburgh gentlemen.

SJM
09-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Be interesting to see what they're for.

Seveno
09-06-2016, 12:39 PM
I hope they have arrested the Hun creep that tried to abduct that wee boy.

Moulin Yarns
09-06-2016, 12:43 PM
I hope they have arrested the Hun creep that tried to abduct that wee boy.

And the 'The' official that took a kick at the Hibs fan in the technical area

Big L
09-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Three phases apparently, violent conduct the first one, causing a disturbance then causing damage.

marinello59
09-06-2016, 12:51 PM
This may be related to the abduction of Mark Warburton.

stoneyburn hibs
09-06-2016, 12:52 PM
This may be related to the abduction of Mark Warburton.

Or his magic hat.

Kojock
09-06-2016, 01:36 PM
And the 'The' official that took a kick at the Hibs fan in the technical area

Being kicked in the technical area. Now that's gonna hurt.

JimBHibees
09-06-2016, 01:37 PM
As long as the authorities come down hard on the Glaswegian thugs, and the Police Officers who callously framed the decent Edinburgh gentlemen.

:not worth :faf:

Geo_1875
09-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Where is this being reported?

BigKev
09-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Where is this being reported?

Sky mate http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10308531/police-scotland-make-10-arrests-following-trouble-at-hampden-final

JeMeSouviens
09-06-2016, 01:47 PM

Careful there Robert, there are a hardy bunch of Good ****s in the Lost Tribe through in Glasgow and a disappointingly numerous bunch of Hun thugs in our fair capital. Addresses mean nothing at this stage.

cabbageandribs1875
09-06-2016, 01:47 PM
i see the polis have arrested a guy for the incident at Haymarket http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36488114

Finn2015
09-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Hope they do get the child snatcher. That was disturbing.

bod
09-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Three phases apparently, violent conduct the first one, causing a disturbance then causing damage.

causing damage could be classed as digging up the turf & bursting the goalposts

Aaron
09-06-2016, 02:04 PM
From Sky:

Police Scotland investigating trouble after the Scottish Cup final have made 10 arrests following dawn raids across the country.

Over 30 officers were involved in the operation, visiting addresses primarily in Edinburgh and Glasgow, as part of the operation into violence and disorder following Hibernian's 3-2 victory over Rangers at Hampden Park on May 21.

The operation is part of a phased approach from Police Scotland, who are looking into the trouble immediately after the match before turning their attention to other matters, including vandalism.

In all, 26 people have been arrested since the final which was marred when several thousand Hibernian fans, and a number of Rangers supporters, entered the field of play after an injury-time goal from skipper David Gray ended the Edinburgh side's 114-year wait for Scottish Cup glory.

A number of Rangers players were reportedly assaulted as they attempted to leave the pitch, prompting Police Scotland to launch a full investigation.

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, detective superintendent Kenny Graham of Police Scotland said: "Today's operation is the first phase in relation to the investigation that has been conducted into the aftermath of the Scottish Cup final on the 21st of May.

"Over the last three weeks we've had a team of officers who have been engaged in investigating the scenes that took place on the park in relation to the violence and disorder and vandalism that took place there.

"With the scale of this investigation and the number of people we witnessed on that park, I've had to phase this, or stage this, into three separate phases.

"So this phase involved the investigation into violence, there has already been arrests in relation to alleged assaults on Rangers football players, so the activities today focused on those other offenders who have been involved in violence or identified as having been involved in violence.

"Thereafter we have to focus on disorder and vandalism."

All 10 arrested will appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Friday.

Time For Heroes
09-06-2016, 02:05 PM
causing damage could be classed as digging up the turf & bursting the goalposts

and taking bits of the net I would imagine

heretoday
09-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Slapping Kenny Miller on the arse.

SlickShoes
09-06-2016, 02:08 PM
From Sky:

Police Scotland investigating trouble after the Scottish Cup final have made 10 arrests following dawn raids across the country.

Over 30 officers were involved in the operation, visiting addresses primarily in Edinburgh and Glasgow, as part of the operation into violence and disorder following Hibernian's 3-2 victory over Rangers at Hampden Park on May 21.

The operation is part of a phased approach from Police Scotland, who are looking into the trouble immediately after the match before turning their attention to other matters, including vandalism.

In all, 26 people have been arrested since the final which was marred when several thousand Hibernian fans, and a number of Rangers supporters, entered the field of play after an injury-time goal from skipper David Gray ended the Edinburgh side's 114-year wait for Scottish Cup glory.

A number of Rangers players were reportedly assaulted as they attempted to leave the pitch, prompting Police Scotland to launch a full investigation.

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, detective superintendent Kenny Graham of Police Scotland said: "Today's operation is the first phase in relation to the investigation that has been conducted into the aftermath of the Scottish Cup final on the 21st of May.

"Over the last three weeks we've had a team of officers who have been engaged in investigating the scenes that took place on the park in relation to the violence and disorder and vandalism that took place there.

"With the scale of this investigation and the number of people we witnessed on that park, I've had to phase this, or stage this, into three separate phases.

"So this phase involved the investigation into violence, there has already been arrests in relation to alleged assaults on Rangers football players, so the activities today focused on those other offenders who have been involved in violence or identified as having been involved in violence.

WAIT WAIT WAIT.

So the bit in bold from Mr Polis confirms that the only folk charged with assaulting rangers players are the two balloons already arrested, for shoving the goalie and swinging at Wallace. Where are the arrests and assaults on the players Chick Young saw "getting a kick in" and other "journalists" saw hibs fans laying in to?

southfieldhibby
09-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Careful there Robert, there are a hardy bunch of Good ****s in the Lost Tribe through in Glasgow and a disappointingly numerous bunch of Hun thugs in our fair capital. Addresses mean nothing at this stage.

Correct. Plenty good guys in the LToGC and plenty of rancid Zombies in EH6

hibs0666
09-06-2016, 02:09 PM
and taking bits of the net I would imagine

And trampling the trackside advertising as well perhaps.

BigKev
09-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Only ten arrests in "phase 1" for the most serious charges (13 in total I think) doesn't seem many.

Wonder what PS will class as disorder and vandalism in phases 2 & 3...

Going on this evidence there'll be about 40 arrests in total. I doubt this'll appease TRFC 😂🏆

dangermouse
09-06-2016, 02:11 PM
So if prosecutions go ahead for the alleged assault of The Rangers players, will said players need to be called as witnesses to give evidence against the accused?

GloryGlory
09-06-2016, 02:13 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

So the bit in bold from Mr Polis confirms that the only folk charged with assaulting rangers players are the two balloons already arrested, for shoving the goalie and swinging at Wallace. Where are the arrests and assaults on the players Chick Young saw "getting a kick in" and other "journalists" saw hibs fans laying in to?

Remember Traynor's press release - "every (The) Rangers player and some staff members were punched, kicked and spat upon", so that means at least 11 arrests and probably should be way more as the way the huns were talking was that each player was set upon as if by a horde of rampaging, riotous, out of control barbarians (or huns even :greengrin).

JeMeSouviens
09-06-2016, 02:15 PM
So if prosecutions go ahead for the alleged assault of The Rangers players, will said players need to be called as witnesses to give evidence against the accused?

If the plea is not guilty I would have thought so.

I think so far the guy that jostled the goalie pled guilty and is awaiting sentence and the guy that swung at Wallace made no plea and was bailed.

It would be very interesting for someone to dig into the cases and produce a tally of Hibs/Huns and their respective convictions. Doubt it will happen though.

GloryGlory
09-06-2016, 02:16 PM

Yes.

So we should expect every The Rangers player on the field at the end to be cited as witnesses, plus David Weir and whoever else in their staff was allegedly "punched, kicked and spat upon".

Kojock
09-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Wonder how many of the people who thought it would be a jolly jape to rip down the goal posts and dig up the pitch now dread answering the door ??

WhileTheChief..
09-06-2016, 02:44 PM
So, as predicted, the whole thing is fizzling out.

All the stuff about Rangers players being assaulted was nonsense from a few journos.

When all is said and done a couple of Hibs fans will have been nicked, the club might get a wee fine and we'll still be Scottish Cup holders :)

Kato
09-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Only ten arrests in "phase 1" for the most serious charges (13 in total I think) doesn't seem many.

Must be a misprint, mate. Everyone knows it wasn't "10" but "1000's" of Hibs fans who attacked the The Rangers players.

Ronniekirk
09-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Wonder how many of the people who thought it would be a jolly jape to rip down the goal posts and dig up the pitch now dread answering the door ??

Are they seriously trawling through video footage and identifying people ripping up turf
The pitch has been in such poor condition for years they need to relay it about three or four times a year
Has this happened before or is this now a case that more Rangers supporters than hibs have appeared for violence offences that they now need to boost the number of hibs fans arrested by looking into this
I saw people walking out the stadium past stewards and police with big divets over their shoulder and the Police didn't bother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12AlbionPlace
09-06-2016, 02:52 PM

Somebody was knocking at my door early this morning, assumed it was the postie so just ignored it :wink:

Since90+2
09-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Personally I am glad to see Police Scotland using valuable time in looking for people who took a bit of the pitch with them in a joyous moment of celebration.

I am absolutely certain they cant have any more pressing things that the Police need to be looking at.

JeMeSouviens
09-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Are they seriously trawling through video footage and identifying people ripping up turf
The pitch has been in such poor condition for years they need to relay it about three or four times a year
Has this happened before or is this now a case that more Rangers supporters than hibs have appeared for violence offences that they now need to boost the number of hibs fans arrested by looking into this
I saw people walking out the stadium past stewards and police with big divets over their shoulder and the Police didn't bother

To be fair, we have no idea atm. They are going to be looking at "damage" but that could mean the led ad boards, the goalposts, the pitch or some or all of those.

GreenLake
09-06-2016, 03:09 PM

A couple of them came from Tavernier's attempts to tackle Stokes.

lapsedhibee
09-06-2016, 03:13 PM

Don't see what Phase that would come under. Not violent, not causing damage and the "causing a disturbance" presumably refers to the goading which pushed restrained the the huns beyond breaking point. If any the huns get fined for their violent conduct, will they be able to sue goaders for damages?

Berwickhibby
09-06-2016, 03:30 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

As bad a jorno as the others

silverhibee
09-06-2016, 03:41 PM
From Sky:

detective superintendent Kenny Graham of Police Scotland who has turned a blind eye/ear to the sectarian signing throughout the game and after it, and also said he couldn't see the The Rangers zombies who set of the smoke bombs constantly during the game as the video footage was obscured by the smoke, Mr Graham said nothing to see here and the The Rangers fans were were impeccably well behaved during the game and we won't be pursuing any of these offenders for the offences that were committed during the game.

Mr Graham will now target every Hibs fan who entered the pitch on the day and hopes to waste Scottish Police funds and hunt everyone of them down and drag them through the courts to set a example that you don't mess with The Scottish "Glesgae" Police by coming to there patch and mess with us and our brothers from Govan.

GBTQ.

OsloHibs
09-06-2016, 04:02 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT.

On the podcast from the day chick young clearly says he seen dean shields being attacked by hibs fans.
Liar.

HibsNutter
09-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Imagine hibs have paid for goals and pitch. It's not worth the waste of public money. Think they'll look to find the people who damaged the expensive LED board, although hundreds of people could be culpable?

Tom Hart RIP
09-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Detective Superintendent Kenny Graham said:“This is a large-scale investigation into the multiple acts of violence, disorder and vandalism, involving large numbers of people which occurred in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup Final.

“I have a team of officers which has been working extensively to identify those individuals involved in violence and disorder, regardless of the colour of their scarf.

“Let me be very clear about this investigation; it is wide-ranging but utterly focused on those involved in violence and disorder. Due to the significant number of people concerned, there are three distinct phases to the investigation. Firstly focusing on those involved in the most serious acts of violence, then those involved in disorder and lastly those embroiled in acts of vandalism such as wrecking signage and goalposts.

“Identifying those concerned takes time but be in no doubt, if you were involved in these acts of disorder, expect a police officer to be knocking on your door.”

From Police Scotland website

CropleyWasGod
09-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Imagine hibs have paid for goals and pitch. It's not worth the waste of public money. Think they'll look to find the people who damaged the expensive LED board, although hundreds of people could be culpable?

The opposing view is that it's all about discouraging others. If the Police are seen to be soft on damage to private and public property, it sends out a message that what happened that day is okay. So, suppliers of said property are less keen to put their stuff out there, insurance companies are less keen to provide cover... in other words, the experience becomes either less enjoyable or more expensive for everyone.

lapsedhibee
09-06-2016, 04:18 PM
On the podcast from the day chick young clearly says he seen dean shields being attacked by hibs fans.
Liar.
Is that still available? Should be submitted to any relevant enquiry.

Onion
09-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Personally I am glad to see Police Scotland using valuable time in looking for people who took a bit of the pitch with them in a joyous moment of celebration.

I am absolutely certain they cant have any more pressing things that the Police need to be looking at.

I'm all for law and order, and still despair at the idiots who goaded the Huns from the pitch, but you're absolutely spot on. What an waste of police time and tax payer's money. They're spending days reviewing videos and pictures, arresting and prosecuting some people who were clearly just over-exuberant - in preference to crimes that really matter ? It's like an episode of Emerdale where the police are always on site in force within 3 mins of any call from the cast. Makes you wonder if policing has more to do with PR and being seen to police effectively than solving real crime.

Police **** up by being missing-in-action when needed, only to get paid to mop up the consequences of their incompetence. Jees.

BigKev
09-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Detective Superintendent Kenny Graham said:“This is a large-scale investigation into the multiple acts of violence, disorder and vandalism, involving large numbers of people which occurred in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup Final.

“I have a team of officers which has been working extensively to identify those individuals involved in violence and disorder, regardless of the colour of their scarf.

“Let me be very clear about this investigation; it is wide-ranging but utterly focused on those involved in violence and disorder. Due to the significant number of people concerned, there are three distinct phases to the investigation. Firstly focusing on those involved in the most serious acts of violence, then those involved in disorder and lastly those embroiled in acts of vandalism such as wrecking signage and goalposts.

“Identifying those concerned takes time but be in no doubt, if you were involved in these acts of disorder, expect a police officer to be knocking on your door.”

From Police Scotland website

Don't think there's been any reports of the advertising boards being deliberately wrecked, if they've fell over with the amount of people on the pitch and then they're trampled on, what's the charge? Even the goalposts- were they deliberately broken or was it the combined weight of people sitting on them that broke them?

No problem with PS going after the violent troublemakers but if you're nicked for that then it's a waste of resources.

At the end of the day PS know they made an error of judgement by not providing a visual deterrent to those looking to run on the park. Grabbing a few scapegoats for trivial offences isn't the way to proceed.

Learn and move on.

High-On-Hibs
09-06-2016, 04:29 PM
So Govan Graham is pretty much saying that only Hibs fans will be pulled up for the disorder. Are we really so surprised?

Smartie
09-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Don't think there's been any reports of the advertising boards being deliberately wrecked, if they've fell over with the amount of people on the pitch and then they're trampled on, what's the charge? Even the goalposts- were they deliberately broken or was it the combined weight of people sitting on them that broke them?

No problem with PS going after the violent troublemakers but if you're nicked for that then it's a waste of resources.

At the end of the day PS know they made an error of judgement by not providing a visual deterrent to those looking to run on the park. Grabbing a few scapegoats for trivial offences isn't the way to proceed.

Learn and move on.

There will be hours and hours worth of footage. They'll know what happened, what didn't and what is worth pursuing.

Frankly I don't have much of a clue what went on. I wasn't really what you would call an "emotionally stable" witness at that point although I know what I'd like to believe.

If folk were deliberately and aggressively wrecking stuff, they'll get done for it. If it was damage as a result of the "exuberance" of a few thousand folk then they won't.

You're not going to get away with doing anything dodgy inside (or for that matter just outside) a football stadium these days.

Cameras everywhere.

Onion
09-06-2016, 04:31 PM

Learn and move on.

Fair point. Maybe the fans could sue the SFA for not making the bar strong enough and jeapordising the wellbeing of those on top and below the goals. What they need is the Starbuck's american lawyer on the case. :thumbsup:

HibsNutter
09-06-2016, 04:33 PM
The opposing view is that it's all about discouraging others. If the Police are seen to be soft on damage to private and public property, it sends out a message that what happened that day is okay. So, suppliers of said property are less keen to put their stuff out there, insurance companies are less keen to provide cover... in other words, the experience becomes either less enjoyable or more expensive for everyone.

I know mate, just think it will be easier for them to punish the club in this instance.

emerald green
09-06-2016, 04:44 PM
The Rangers players who were allegedly "assaulted".

Were any of them actually treated for the presumably serious injuries inflicted upon them during these "assaults"? How many were rushed to hospital afterwards, seriously traumatised? :rolleyes:

Kato
09-06-2016, 04:57 PM
The Rangers players who were allegedly "assaulted".

Were any of them actually treated for the presumably serious injuries inflicted upon them during these "assaults"? How many were rushed to hospital afterwards, seriously traumatised? :rolleyes:

All of them, allegedly.

andrew70
09-06-2016, 05:00 PM

What a bunch of absolute tossers!

CropleyWasGod
09-06-2016, 05:02 PM
So Govan Graham is pretty much saying that only Hibs fans will be pulled up for the disorder. Are we really so surprised?
Where does he imply that?

According to the news reports, arrests have been made in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jim44
09-06-2016, 05:08 PM
On the BBC news a wee while ago, the police spokesman mentioned the three phases of investigation and he said quite clearly that the first one was to identify and apprehend the people ( he didn't say Hibs supporters but it was implicit) who attacked the Sevco players.

Kavinho
09-06-2016, 05:13 PM

"Hole park"......!

re the arrests, it's it possible to raise a defence of "temporary insanity? in Scots Law? Surely there a defence that everyone was out of their minds in delirious nirvana?!

Pedantic_Hibee
09-06-2016, 05:28 PM

Fund hooligans. Then give the spare change to charity. Priorities.

I'd also LOVE for someone to show some effing baws and take Chick Young etc to task about their post match comments and insinuations. But nobody will.

jacomo
09-06-2016, 05:29 PM

At least they accept they are a new club with a new name, though.

Otherwise, the usual sub-UKIP levels of graphic design apply. My eye balls are smarting.

Can't imagine Erskine Hospital will be expecting much in terms of a donation.

HibbyDave
09-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Heard a rumour that as "they were winning 2-1 with only ten mins left" that a sizeable number of police were instructed to go to Ibrox for the trophy returning there.
Maybe that's why there was not enough officers available at the end of the match?
Maybe wrong but would seem a likely scenario given that we always hibs- it..... Oh wait😂

capitals_finest
09-06-2016, 05:35 PM

Footage of their last fundraising event here
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6PDcBhODqo

GreenLake
09-06-2016, 05:38 PM

There is clear video of a sevco fan fluffing up one of the police stallions.

Jim44
09-06-2016, 05:45 PM

I'd also LOVE for someone to show some effing baws and take Chick Young etc to task about their post match comments and insinuations. But nobody will.

I don't know what Young said but Waddell specifically said he stood and watched Hibs supporters giving a Sevco player and a Sevco staff member a 'severe kicking'. I don't know if he has expanded on this or identified the player and staff member, but he had better be careful if questioned by police in case his accusations turn out to be imagination and invention and he is proved wrong. I don't believe that, if he was so close, that he couldn't identify the player. What was he doing on the pitch? If he wasn't on the pitch, how can he be so definite about what he saw, or 'imagined' what he saw? Why are the police not questioning them?

silverhibee
09-06-2016, 06:30 PM
There will be hours and hours worth of footage. They'll know what happened, what didn't and what is worth pursuing.

Frankly I don't have much of a clue what went on. I wasn't really what you would call an "emotionally stable" witness at that point although I know what I'd like to believe.

If folk were deliberately and aggressively wrecking stuff, they'll get done for it. If it was damage as a result of the "exuberance" of a few thousand folk then they won't.

You're not going to get away with doing anything dodgy inside (or for that matter just outside) a football stadium these days.

Cameras everywhere.

Does the CCTV at Ibrox not work, same offenders each time we played them last season, they are getting away with it.

Sammy7nil
09-06-2016, 06:54 PM

So would I but Chick would get away with it he would simply say i am a senile old tossser who has made things up for years and reasonably believed what i said to be the truth. PS he was on the pitch at Wembley :rolleyes: but that was just a bit of fun.

HibsNutter
09-06-2016, 06:58 PM
I don't know what Young said but Waddell specifically said he stood and watched Hibs supporters giving a Sevco player and a Sevco staff member a 'severe kicking'. I don't know if he has expanded on this or identified the player and staff member, but he had better be careful if questioned by police in case his accusations turn out to be imagination and invention and he is proved wrong. I don't believe that, if he was so close, that he couldn't identify the player. What was he doing on the pitch? If he wasn't on the pitch, how can he be so definite about what he saw, or 'imagined' what he saw? Why are the police not questioning them?

Chick Young said that a hibs fan had literally belted a Rangers player, after taking it off their trousers. No evidence at all.

Bostonhibby
09-06-2016, 07:01 PM
There is clear video of a sevco fan fluffing up one of the police stallions.

But to be fair, that was nothing to do with the game, horse fluffing - its what huns do instead of train spotting, horses everywhere dread their arrival.

Leithenhibby
09-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Does the CCTV at Ibrox not work, same offenders each time we played them last season, they are getting away with it.

Spot on... :top marks

Newcastlehibby
Don't see what Phase that would come under. Not violent, not causing damage and the "causing a disturbance" presumably refers to the goading which pushed restrained the the huns beyond breaking point. If any the huns get fined for their violent conduct, will they be able to sue goaders for damages?

Not violent? Yes it is. It is an assault.

SlickShoes
Chick Young said that a hibs fan had literally belted a Rangers player, after taking it off their trousers. No evidence at all.

He's probably seen that one hibs fan that's been arrested for attacking the other hibs(that tried to punch wallace) fan with his jacket. Or he could have completely made it all up.

Newcastlehibby
09-06-2016, 07:05 PM

Learn and move on.
Criminal Damage can be either deliberate or, as in this case, reckless. You don't have to damage something deliberately to be guilty of an offence. Foreseeing that damage might be a consequence of your actions is enough.

IanFaeClerrie
09-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Criminal Damage can be either deliberate or, as in this case, reckless..

Reckless is taking your 86 year old dad on to the pitch - I hope they get these vandals 16901

tamig
09-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Remember Traynor's press release - "every (The) Rangers player and some staff members were punched, kicked and spat upon", so that means at least 11 arrests and probably should be way more as the way the huns were talking was that each player was set upon as if by a horde of rampaging, riotous, out of control barbarians (or huns even :greengrin).

I saw a picture of a guy with four arms though so he could have taken out a few by himself. 😁

Newcastlehibby
09-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Reckless is taking your 86 year old dad on to the pitch - I hope they get these vandals 16901

:thumbsup:

MurrayfieldHibs
09-06-2016, 08:21 PM

:top marks:na na:

SunshineOnLeith
09-06-2016, 08:31 PM

Thuggish hooligans.

:wink:

Tom Hart RIP
09-06-2016, 08:40 PM

I read his article last wee and he identified the rangers players who were kicked as they were leaving the field. Sure it was the defender Kiernan?? and Halliday who decided to fight back and had to be dragged away by rangers staff. He seemed confident that Sky had captured this and handed it over to the police.

malcolm
09-06-2016, 08:41 PM
The next arrest should be the match commander for impersonating a trained police office and quickly followed by the arrest of the the rangers' PR agency for being drunk in charge of a crayon.

Kojock
09-06-2016, 08:48 PM

Two of the Casuals OAP crew barred from every pub in Dalkeith.

FranckSuzy
09-06-2016, 08:51 PM
The next arrest should be the match commander for impersonating a trained police office and quickly followed by the arrest of the the rangers' PR agency for being drunk in charge of a crayon.

:top marks

Jim44
09-06-2016, 08:58 PM
I read his article last wee and he identified the rangers players who were kicked as they were leaving the field. Sure it was the defender Kiernan?? and Halliday who decided to fight back and had to be dragged away by rangers staff. He seemed confident that Sky had captured this and handed it over to the police.

Did I not read somewhere that Halliday, at the final whistle, was in the company of and protected by one of our players?

SunshineOnLeith
09-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Did I not read somewhere that Halliday, at the final whistle, was in the company of and protected by one of our players?

I think protected is probably too strong a word as nothing happened to him but yeah, can't remember who (McGeough maybe?), but one the Hibs players stood in the centre circle with him just to make sure he got off alright.

SlickShoes
09-06-2016, 09:06 PM

Sure it was Dylan in an interview said he was with him at the centre of the pitch and stayed with him until some rangers staff came and walked him off

Marco G
09-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Sure it was Dylan in an interview said he was with him at the centre of the pitch and stayed with him until some rangers staff came and walked him off Yes, also standing beside the ref and assistant refs, who were smiling and joking.

Edson Arantes
09-06-2016, 09:36 PM

He probably wasn't a child snatcher to be fair.

majorhibs
09-06-2016, 09:52 PM

Criminal Damage can be either deliberate or, as in this case, reckless. You don't have to damage something deliberately to be guilty of an offence. Foreseeing that damage might be a consequence of your actions is enough.

Sorry buddy, nae washin wi me, away & love yer huns elsewhere. Ciao.

Stax
09-06-2016, 09:56 PM
What the f*** was he then?

greenginger
09-06-2016, 09:56 PM

Maybe be just grabbed the kid to use as a human shield or to hold to ransom . :confused:

majorhibs
09-06-2016, 09:59 PM

What. Is. An. Assualt? Tell us please font of all knowledge.
Where are you alledgedly from?

Tom Hart RIP
09-06-2016, 10:05 PM

That was in his article as well. He said the assault took place after he left Dylan and was walking toward the tunnel. He then foolishly tried to get at the guy who had kicked him before being pulled away.

Bostonhibby
09-06-2016, 10:05 PM
What the f*** was he then?

An adult stranger picking up a child against its will then attempting to retreat back into the group he came from, and away from where the child had been - attempted abduction is a fair description in the absence of any other explanation. I'd certainly expect the police to find out what was in the person grabbing the childs mind when they did it, certainly didn't look normal.

Perfectly reasonable for the childs carer to use reasonable force to recover the child from the stranger carrying him away. Hopefully the police will find time between catching turf stealers to maybe track the guy down and see what his story is?

CropleyWasGod
09-06-2016, 10:07 PM
It's a wild guess, but maybe one of the Newcastles. ......

silverhibee
09-06-2016, 10:09 PM

Looked like a child snatcher to me, doesn't matter if you do that at Hampden or Princess Street, he tried to abduct a child and that is a serious offence in the eye's of the law.

majorhibs
09-06-2016, 10:13 PM
An adult stranger picking up a child against its will then attempting to retreat back into the group he came from, and away from where the child had been - attempted abduction is a fair description in the absence of any other explanation. I'd certainly expect the police to find out what was in the person grabbing the childs mind when they did it, certainly didn't look normal.

Perfectly reasonable for the childs carer to use reasonable force to recover the child from the stranger carrying him away. Hopefully the police will find time between catching turf stealers to maybe track the guy down and see what his story is?

Needs out in national medias- Hibs were celebraring like every engloid playoff winner everywher- except they werenae playin the bad losin worst by far thugs Scottish fitbas ever knew- the disgusting huns.

lucky
09-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Those who were fighting will get lifted
Thoses who ran up to the rangers fans and made gestures will get lifted
Those on the bar of were pulling at the net will get lifted

I never saw or have seen anyone vandalising the stadium.

It must be remembered the police and stewards open the gates to let thousands of fans on the pitch. I doubt that those who went on the pitch and celebrated will have anything to worry about

brog
09-06-2016, 10:16 PM
i see the polis have arrested a guy for the incident at Haymarket http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36488114

That was in his article as well. He said the assault took place after he left Dylan and was walking toward the tunnel. He then foolishly tried to get at the guy who had kicked him before being pulled away.

I didn't see/hear Waddell's original piece but his article in the Sunday Mason seemed very different to what he reportedly originally said. He took great umbrage at these keyboard warriors & internet geeks, that's us by the way, whose view of events at Hampden were somewhat different to his. Oh for the good old days when reporters could either make up or ignore events without these pesky mobile phones etc actually recording the truth.
PS, so far, from over 100 official cameras/recording devices & '000s of unofficial devices I've yet to see one Hibs fan assault anything other than a crossbar!

Dunbar Hibee
09-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Maybe be just grabbed the kid to use as a human shield or to hold to ransom . :confused:

Believe it or not a Hun at my work actually tried to defend the kiddy snatcher by saying he was just using the lad as a human shield - as if it was acceptable! Sums them up.

Liberal Hibby
09-06-2016, 10:27 PM
From Sky:

So phase one - Rangers assaults
Phase two - on-pitch violence
Phase three - vandalism of goals and pitch

So where is phase four - singing of sectarian songs?

Anyone got a link to the footage from the south stand of clearly identifiable Rangers fans clearly singing the 'Billy boys'? I think DSpt Graham should see it.

Stax
09-06-2016, 10:30 PM

This all day long. Amongst all the Traynor / Regan / media take on events, that is by far the most disturbing bit of footage captured. It is one of the weirdest things I've ever witnessed on or off a pitch and how it's not been picked up upon and shouted from the rooftops by our msm is a mystery to me.

Sir David Gray
09-06-2016, 10:30 PM
Those who were fighting will get lifted
Thoses who ran up to the rangers fans and made gestures will get lifted
Those on the bar of were pulling at the net will get lifted

I never saw or have seen anyone vandalising the stadium.

It must be remembered the police and stewards open the gates to let thousands of fans on the pitch. I doubt that those who went on the pitch and celebrated will have anything to worry about

On what grounds would you arrest someone who went onto the pitch to gesture towards the Sevco fans?

I agree with you that anyone caught fighting or being involved in any other sort of violent behaviour should be arrested and I also accept that anyone who vandalised the goals will most likely be in bother as well.

I'm not sure how you could arrest someone who simply made a gesture at a Sevco supporter and not attempt to take action against every single Hibs fan who went onto the pitch.

Jim44
09-06-2016, 10:32 PM
I didn't see/hear Waddell's original piece but his article in the Sunday Mason seemed very different to what he reportedly originally said. He took great umbrage at these keyboard warriors & internet geeks, that's us by the way, whose view of events at Hampden were somewhat different to his. Oh for the good old days when reporters could either make up or ignore events without these pesky mobile phones etc actually recording the truth.
PS, so far, from over 100 official cameras/recording devices & '000s of unofficial devices I've yet to see one Hibs fan assault anything other than a crossbar!

But don't let documental evidence get in the way of tasty, succulent lamb fairytales.

Eyrie
09-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Believe it or not a Hun at my work actually tried to defend the kiddy snatcher by saying he was just using the lad as a human shield - as if it was acceptable! Sums them up.

And remember that they used their own kids to stop the police getting back into the stadium to rescue the corpses of their brutally slaughtered players.

silverhibee
09-06-2016, 10:44 PM
So phase one - Rangers assaults
Phase two - on-pitch violence
Phase three - vandalism of goals and pitch

So where is phase four - singing of sectarian songs?

Anyone got a link to the footage from the south stand of clearly identifiable Rangers fans clearly singing the 'Billy boys'? I think DSpt Graham should see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHTsddR2T7w

Jim44
09-06-2016, 10:46 PM
This all day long. Amongst all the Traynor / Regan / media take on events, that is by far the most disturbing bit of footage captured. It is one of the weirdest things I've ever witnessed on or off a pitch and how it's not been picked up upon and shouted from the rooftops by our msm is a mystery to me.

No mystery. It's not in the interest of either the anti-Hibs conspiracy theory or the Weegie Sevco whitewash.

Liberal Hibby
09-06-2016, 11:21 PM

Ta muchly

Ronster117
10-06-2016, 12:47 AM
Or his magic hat.
Didn't someone sing he got rid of the hat for a f*****g wand

:flag:

Forza Fred
10-06-2016, 01:30 AM
On what grounds would you arrest someone who went onto the pitch to gesture towards the Sevco fans?

I agree with you that anyone caught fighting or being involved in any other sort of violent behaviour should be arrested and I also accept that anyone who vandalised the goals will most likely be in bother as well.

I'm not sure how you could arrest someone who simply made a gesture at a Sevco supporter and not attempt to take action against every single Hibs fan who went onto the pitch.

In days gone by the charge of Breach of the Peace, sometimes meant just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and didn't need much by way of evidence other than a polisman's statement to gain a conviction....dunno if that misdeameonor is still on the statute books in Scotland, but if it is, would imagine that would be the grounds used...

Pete
10-06-2016, 02:11 AM

It looks like he was just trying to get the kid out the way of a violent situation that he was going to take part in. I don't believe this "human shield" or "abduction" stuff. Where would he be taking this kid??

No problems with him being labelled a child snatcher though. We're being royally shafted here so I'm not going to shed any tears for any of them

DH1875
10-06-2016, 07:23 AM
It looks like he was just trying to get the kid out the way of a violent situation that he was going to take part in. I don't believe this "human shield" or "abduction" stuff. Where would he be taking this kid??

No problems with him being labelled a child snatcher though. We're being royally shafted here so I'm not going to shed any tears for any of them

That's how I see it :agree:

Even if he did try and snatch the kid his lawyer will just say he was trying to move the kid out off the way so can't see him being done for it.

greenginger
10-06-2016, 07:23 AM

Its time we were demanding an apology for the lying statements that came from that vile club about all their players and staff being assaulted by us Hibs supporters.

its not going to happen, and would be worthless if it did, but might just expose these lying cants and their media a'rse lickers .

How about a petition to the First Minister ?

Onion
10-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Its time we were demanding an apology for the lying statements that came from that vile club about all their players and staff being assaulted by us Hibs supporters.

its not going to happen, and would be worthless if it did, but might just expose these lying cants and their media a'rse lickers .

How about a petition to the First Minister ?

Revenge is best served cold. Let's wait until the official report is produced by the Independent Commission where it will be patently obvious that the Sevco presentation of events is nothing more than a heap of slanderous lies designed to deflect from their crushing defeat and to appease and protect their bigoted Hun hoards that had no right to be on the Hampden turf. In time, the Huns will yet again be shown up for exactly what they are... animals.

Moulin Yarns
10-06-2016, 08:00 AM

New Castle Greyskull ?? :wink:

EH6 Hibby
10-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Have the police/media not noticed that the only two pitch invasions in recent times that ended in trouble both involved matches where The Rangers were the losing team?

Moulin Yarns
10-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Anyone remember the media coverage of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBYdwsMT77Y (]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmn46YKeDFI[/URL)

[URL=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQCnEtUBvNc

jdships
10-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Once the dust has settled on this episode surely we must vocal to the authorities to clamp down on Sectarian chanting/singing/behaviour regardless by which club supporters
Why should we be subject to this abusive behaviour when an " example" is being mad of Hibernian FC supporters .
To the "Polis" -= lets have a level playing field for all supporters/clubs ( excuse the pun )
:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2016, 05:36 PM
The names of those charged have been released. All have pled not guilty.
The report I read didn't specify where they were from, but there were a couple of names that stood out....

Ged
10-06-2016, 05:43 PM
The names of those charged have been released. All have pled not guilty.
The report I read didn't specify where they were from, but there were a couple of names that stood out....

Where can one find said report?

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Where can one find said report?
Twelve in court over Scottish Cup final trouble - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36501447

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Nice camera work .......... if any Zombies reading this have footage of Sir David Gray's winner from the Sevco end I would be very grateful if you could chuck it up on You Tube ..... cheers ya classless Hun knuckle dragging roaster :greengrin

Ged
10-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Twelve in court over Scottish Cup final trouble - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36501447

Cheers. I wonder if they've made it onto the club's banned list? I'd assume that as they're up in court they won't be banned by the club unless they're found guilty.

I see the judge has banned them from attending games until the trial anyway though.

Jpdhfc
10-06-2016, 06:04 PM

So what was he intending to do after picking up the child

emerald green
10-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Cheers. I wonder if they've made it onto the club's banned list? I'd assume that as they're up in court they won't be banned by the club unless they're found guilty.

I see the judge has banned them from attending games until the trial anyway though.

The article doesn't say which club any of those charged support.

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2016, 06:29 PM

The club has banned at least 4 people already, and there has only been 1 conviction. I'm guessing they have a lower tolerance threshold than the Courts.

Since1875Hibs
10-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Of the 10 held in the station, only one is a Hibs fan. This is a fact.

Ronniekirk
10-06-2016, 06:58 PM

And where can we read about this fact as if correct it deserves wider dissemination

Since1875Hibs
10-06-2016, 07:01 PM
And where can we read about this fact as if correct it deserves wider dissemination

Agreed, so spread the word. You can read between the lines as to how I know this is a fact.

Ronniekirk
10-06-2016, 07:02 PM
The article doesn't say which club any of those charged support.

Yep interesting , i suspect if it had been 10 hibs fans they would have had no problem Reporting that
The more i read about the way this is being reported and handled the more it smacks of prejudice against us In my humble opinion

Leith Green
10-06-2016, 07:02 PM

I recognise 2 of the names and they are Hibs

Newcastlehibby
10-06-2016, 07:03 PM

That is the law, opinions don't count. Clearly you are unqualified to have even that.

Since1875Hibs
10-06-2016, 07:06 PM
I recognise 2 of the names and they are Hibs

12 arrested, 10 in a station together. Of the 10, there was one Hibby. So going by your knowledge thats 9 vs 3 weighted to the Huns.

Newcastlehibby
10-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Assault is defined in Scots law as a physical attack on another which is intended to cause bodily injury or which puts the victim in a state of fear that he or she may be about to suffer bodily injury.

That seems to fit the bill

Newcastlehibby
10-06-2016, 07:09 PM

:greengrin
Excellent guess. It's where I live, not where I am from. That would be Edinburgh.

Leith Green
10-06-2016, 07:11 PM
12 arrested, 10 in a station together. Of the 10, there was one Hibby. So going by your knowledge thats 9 vs 3 weighted to the Huns.

Fair dos .. The 2 names are mates of one another and their ages are bang on so pretty sure.. Wonder if them being known faces has them as easy pickings or if they were involved in actual fighting

Billy Whizz
10-06-2016, 07:22 PM

Don't know any of these names

.Sean.
10-06-2016, 07:25 PM
The only folk warranting getting lifted are those who started physical fights.

If folk are arrested for goading or gesturing it's ridiculous, really, what's the offence there?? Total over-reaction and a waste of time and money to prosecute for that. Same for the breaking of the goalposts. They weren't broken intentionally - Just bill Hibs for it and forget about it.

Kojock
10-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Assault is defined in Scots law as a physical attack on another which is intended to cause bodily injury or which puts the victim in a state of fear that he or she may be about to suffer bodily injury.

That seems to fit the bill
The correct definition of Assault in Scots Law is

To direct an attack to take effect physically on the person of another, whether or not actual injury is inflicted

Notes:
There must be criminal intent, an accidental injury does not amount to assault. It is not however necessary that the attack should take effect. An assault can be direct or indirect, e.g. setting a dog at another person. It is also assault to be violently menacing. Threatening gestures inducing a state of bodily fear are an example. An assault may be aggravated by intent; mode of perpetration (e.g. use of a weapon), extent of injury, place of assault, or the character of the person assaulted (e.g. a pregnant woman). Indecent assault is an assault accompanied by indecent intent. In certain cases an assault may be justified by showing that it was done under the authority of the law; in defence of others or in self-defence.

I'm_cabbaged
10-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Fair dos .. The 2 names are mates of one another and their ages are bang on so pretty sure.. Wonder if them being known faces has them as easy pickings or if they were involved in actual fighting

I know two of the names that match the ages as well, I've watched all the videos and never recognised anyone that I knew.

CropleyWasGod
10-06-2016, 08:15 PM
I know two of the names that match the ages as well, I've watched all the videos and never recognised anyone that I knew.
I recognise one name, and the age matches. If it is the same guy, he has a history :)

Bostonhibby
10-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Now that a few arrests are being made, hopefully the long arm of Police Glasgow will be shown to have stretched to Northern Ireland without fear or favour.

Newcastlehibby
10-06-2016, 08:41 PM
And for the avoidance of doubt, I was saying that the hun who snatched the wee boy was guilty of an assault. Suggest you read things properly in future.
You can apologise any time.

Killiehibbie
10-06-2016, 09:36 PM
I recognise one name, and the age matches. If it is the same guy, he has a history :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TapatalkThe police must've laughed to be able to get him for this.

GreenOnions
10-06-2016, 10:54 PM
Ten more arrests made today in Edinburgh and Glasgow, will all due in Glasgow Sheriff Court tomorrow.

Good - I'm sick of the negative impact on our club that has resulted from the pitch invasion. A bunch of idiots thinking only of themselves and I hope they receive a fitting punishment.

andrew70
10-06-2016, 11:05 PM
The police must've laughed to be able to get him for this.

MR?

snooky
10-06-2016, 11:11 PM
That's how I see it :agree:

Even if he did try and snatch the kid his lawyer will just say he was trying to move the kid out off the way so can't see him being done for it.
Was he only trying to stop the child getting hurt? That's a fair point.
The thing that bothers me with that line of thought is, what was the man's motive for being on the on the field in the first place?

Super_JMcGinn
11-06-2016, 07:15 AM
The thing that bothers me with that line of thought is, what was the man's motive for being on the on the field in the first place?

His main motive I imagine would have been the same as all the other Rangers fans who came on to the pitch, he was clearly looking for a fight. I would also add the same as the Hibs fans who ran over to them who clearly only wanted trouble themselves and had no interest in celebrating our historic win.

marinello59
11-06-2016, 07:24 AM
His main motive I imagine would have been the same as all the other Rangers fans who came on to the pitch, he was clearly looking for a fight. I would also add the same as the Hibs fans who ran over to them who clearly only wanted trouble themselves and had no interest in celebrating our historic win.

We are in danger here of painting every single Hibs fan as a saint, just like Sevco have done with their fans.
Having watched the footage again from various angles I don't think anybody involved in the child incident comes out well. I do think the guy was trying to move the kid out of danger bit that was only so he could get stuck in to the adult Hibs fans himself.

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2016, 07:56 AM

But was it enough of a history to make your heart go 'oh oh oh oh'?

DH1875
11-06-2016, 07:56 AM

Probably for a fight. I'd doubt the first thing going through his head as he was about to go onto the pitch was, I'm gonna steal some kid. Once he got on there, who knows what he was thinking though.

Dashing Bob S
11-06-2016, 07:59 AM
A waste of the police time and the courts time. Slap a hefty fine on Sevco and let the rest slide, I say.

silverhibee
11-06-2016, 02:08 PM

If it is the same person then surprised bail was issued. Mind you he does have his contacts in the West.

:taxi

:cb :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
11-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Club announced more bans today

silverhibee
16-06-2016, 04:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36547719

Haymaker
16-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Interesting wording in parts.

Not sure The Rangers couldn't collect their medals, I thought they refused?

Finn2015
16-06-2016, 04:36 PM
And still we await anything from sevco. I hope we put pressure on them to do likewise

Aldo
16-06-2016, 04:39 PM
And still we await anything from sevco. I hope we put pressure on them to do likewise

If the don't it's clear they support the actions of their fans!

Doesn't surprise me TBH!

Finn2015
16-06-2016, 04:44 PM

Doesn't surprise me TBH!

Well we are nearly four weeks on and nothing so far and it seems as if they are content to sit back and do nothing about their support. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised

ronaldo7
16-06-2016, 04:44 PM

The Hibs players were going to give them a guard of honour to pick up the losers medals. :greengrin

Haymaker
16-06-2016, 05:15 PM
The Hibs players were going to give them a guard of honour to pick up the losers medals. :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
16-06-2016, 05:26 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36547719

Would love to know the split between the numbers of hibs and the rangers fans arrested

But I doubt they want to highlight that

I do wish the club would nip this in the butt

They media are still referring to assults on rangers players (aledged or otherwise) - still no evidence of this has been provided

Can we please ban the BBC rangers mouth piece from Easter Road next season?

Keith_M
16-06-2016, 05:30 PM

50 years old?

Eyrie
16-06-2016, 06:08 PM

Doesn't surprise me TBH!

Sevco have already endorsed the actions of their thugs in Traynor's post-defeat rants. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to be held to account for the way that those statements brought the game into disrepute.

Onion
16-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Sevco have already endorsed the actions of their thugs in Traynor's post-defeat rants. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to be held to account for the way that those statements brought the game into disrepute.

The statements were a disgrace and simply reinforced the views most in the game have of The Rangers. A detestable institution with a grossly inflated view of itself, and zero respect for anyone else. Horrible peepul.

Which makes our victory all the more thrilling. We need a huge banner at ER and T Shirts listing the names of those famous Sevco players (and Manager) who surrendered to Hibs on 21 May. History should remember them all.

Aldo
16-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Well we are nearly four weeks on and nothing so far and it seems as if they are content to sit back and do nothing about their support. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised

I don't expect anything less from them and don't expect any sort of statement denouncing their actions.

King doesn't want to alienate the hordes so I very much doubt he will say anything that will upset them!

Aldo
16-06-2016, 06:27 PM

They have indeed!

Showing them up for what they stand for..... But we already knew that anyway!!

JimBHibees
16-06-2016, 06:30 PM

Agree totally a total lie by the BBC they chose not to collect their medals.

Just Alf
17-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Agree totally a total lie by the BBC they chose not to collect their medals.
Actually they have been totally accurate.

The Rangers players were unable to pick up their medals. What it doesnt say however that it was because the newly hatless wonder spat his dummy and stopped them before heading off in a strop not to be seen since!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

BigKev
17-06-2016, 04:12 PM
4 weegies in court today. All Huns by the descriptions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36562814

JeMeSouviens
17-06-2016, 04:28 PM

The corner flag guy is one of them.

Finn2015
17-06-2016, 04:45 PM

Damn Chelsea fans with their fake Glaswegian accents

silverhibee
17-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Admitting running on to the pitch and assaulting 3 people and he gets bail.

Defo a hun.

Since90+2
17-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Anyone with Twitter should be tweeting journalists and asking them to point out all accused are from Glasgow and therefore likely to be Sevco fans.

Keith_M
17-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Anyone with Twitter should be tweeting journalists and asking them to point out all accused are from Glasgow and therefore likely to be Sevco fans.

That can't be true, as the article only says that Hibs Fans ran onto the pitch... and engaged in 'alleged assaults on players'.

So I dunno who the opposition fans are that they mention...

grunt
17-06-2016, 05:31 PM
The corner flag guy is one of them.And if it is him, he seems to have denied the charge.

Mr White
17-06-2016, 05:40 PM
And if it is him, he seems to have denied the charge.

Quite right too. He showed great restraint under such provocation.

Said Jim Traynor

silverhibee
17-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Will BBC identify the guy who pleaded guilty to the 3 assaults like they did with the Hibs supporter, surely the cameras will have been at court to catch the guy leaving court today surely.

mutley
17-06-2016, 06:44 PM

It's just a pity they never mentioned which team they were fans if. The fact that they are all Glasgow says it all, however, if they were Hibs fans, I bet that they would have been named as such.

Onion
17-06-2016, 06:48 PM

They are 100% Sevco fans, until proved otherwise.

Remember what The Rangers Statement of 22 May said ...

" .... and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club.

So the question is.. what are The Rangers going to do to the Scottish justice system now that their fans are being charged and convicted ?
1. Go to the Court of Human Rights ?
2. Issue another statement ? or
3. Ignore they said that in the hope that no one else remembers.

CropleyWasGod
17-06-2016, 06:51 PM
It's just a pity they never mentioned which team they were fans if. The fact that they are all Glasgow says it all, however, if they were Hibs fans, I bet that they would have been named as such.

The previous ones weren't .

Keith_M
17-06-2016, 06:51 PM

" .... and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club.

So the question is.. what are The Rangers going to do to the Scottish justice system now that their fans are being charged and convicted ?

Never mind The Rangers, most of the Media are ignoring it as well... presumably because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Liam978
17-06-2016, 06:54 PM
In days gone by the charge of Breach of the Peace, sometimes meant just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and didn't need much by way of evidence other than a polisman's statement to gain a conviction....dunno if that misdeameonor is still on the statute books in Scotland, but if it is, would imagine that would be the grounds used...

C'omon Freddie still waiting to hear your experiences of the day, Ronnie had a ticket hospitality I think but didn't go, still in the hate farmer and petrie mode, so exasperating.

Gordy M
17-06-2016, 06:56 PM
They are all named in the BBC article in the BBC Scotland website.

Bostonhibby
17-06-2016, 08:02 PM

They are moving into over spend mode as a further distraction - they have "swooped" for Clint Hill so Dodgy Dave is clearly now delivering on the overspend - its like a nursing home for English misfits - 37 year old Clint Hill was finished down here three seasons ago.

Marco G
17-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Agree totally a total lie by the BBC they chose not to collect their medals.If we could collect our medals and the Cup they could have hung around to collect their losers medal ahead of us if they had wanted. Is it possible they were keen to head off?

wookie70
17-06-2016, 09:38 PM
If we could collect our medals and the Cup they could have hung around to collect their losers medal ahead of us if they had wanted. Is it possible they were keen to head off?

Of course they were in a hurry. There was a big party back at Ibrox to get back to.

malcolm
17-06-2016, 09:40 PM
If we could collect our medals and the Cup they could have hung around to collect their losers medal ahead of us if they had wanted. Is it possible they were keen to head off?

They were expecting to leave on a bus with no roof. So based on how things had gone for them that day perhaps they were in a rush to get away before the weather broke :wink:

leftfield
17-06-2016, 09:46 PM
He wouldn't have been able to see anything after the game for the tears in his eyes.

sleeping giant
17-06-2016, 09:49 PM
How glum do the folk behind Sir David of Gray look when he lifts the cup?
Says it all for me.

Andy74
17-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Says it all for me.

This is one of the things I noticed from the coverage. The officials, guests, dignitaries, whatever you call them are all gutted. Many look totally shocked, the ones pitch side you see behind the interviews are all making sure that it's their reaction to the pitch scenes that will dictate coverage and reaction to events.

The establishment get straight into gear to rally round. Regan can be seen with the Rangers officials and on his phone straight away to get things moving on the rhetoric. It's a sad state of affairs.

Anyway, they had a crap day. We didn't.

sleeping giant
17-06-2016, 10:02 PM
This is one of the things I noticed from the coverage. The officials, guests, dignitaries, whatever you call them are all gutted. Many look totally shocked, the ones pitch side you see behind the interviews are all making sure that it's their reaction to the pitch scenes that will dictate coverage and reaction to events.

The establishment get straight into gear to rally round. Regan can be seen with the Rangers officials and on his phone straight away to get things moving on the rhetoric. It's a sad state of affairs.

It is a sad state of affairs.
If we had played any other team and won that final, the coverage would have been so different.

hibs0666
17-06-2016, 10:10 PM

Give them a break - they'd just witnessed a mass execution and probably escaped with their own lives by the skin of their teeth.

JimBHibees
17-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Says it all for me.

The wee guy looks totally miserable and desperate to get DG to get on with it. At least the taller guy had the decency to smile. Any idea who these guys were?

truehibernian
17-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Why are the Scottish Sports media not finding out what clubs the arrests are attached to ? Anyone not find it bizarre that Waddell, Jackson and Richard Wilson aren't digging out these facts ?? After all these three were abhorred by the violence - would have thought it was a priority story for them ??

Their silence says it all folks !

silverhibee
17-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Why are the Scottish Sports media not finding out what clubs the arrests are attached to ? Anyone not find it bizarre that Waddell, Jackson and Richard Wilson aren't digging out these facts ?? After all these three were abhorred by the violence - would have thought it was a priority story for them ??

You have a PM.

Got the name wrong at the start of the PM, but correct link. :aok:

truehibernian
17-06-2016, 11:51 PM
You have a PM.

Got the name wrong at the start of the PM, but correct link. :aok:

Got it SH - hope you're well too bud.

This is the definite Scottish media 'lull before the storm' - I'm fully expecting the inept Scottish sports media to ramp up the pressure the week before the report.

Meanwhile we should be really pressuring the media and police to reveal what clubs these arrests are attached to - simple as that - The Rangers are silent for one huge reason - there will be more of their fans charged with violence !

HibeePaj
18-06-2016, 12:23 AM

I would love for the club/Leeann to come out once the independent investigation is complete and say something along the lines of;

'X amount of arrest have been made following the Cup Final, and all Hibernian fans arrested (Y amount) have subsequently been handed a ban from ER'

Therefore indirectly telling the fans and press exactly how many fans were arrested on each side.

The club would be well within their right to publish that information and back up the fans who were slaughtered in the media in the days after the final.

truehibernian
18-06-2016, 12:54 AM
I would love for the club/Leeann to come out once the independent investigation is complete and say something along the lines of;

'X amount of arrest have been made following the Cup Final, and all Hibernian fans arrested (Y amount) have subsequently been handed a ban from ER'

Therefore indirectly telling the fans and press exactly how many fans were arrested on each side.

The club would be well within their right to publish that information and back up the fans who were slaughtered in the media in the days after the final.

I just find it astonishing that in the summer recess of Scottish football, none of the main protagonists in journalism who lambasted Hibs, have suddenly gone quiet ? They're still tweeting about 'Joey', the Euros and the crap Scotland friendlies - really shows them up for what they are - hugely hugeky inept and scared journalists who are lazy and fearful of saying the wrong thing - which means they are not journalists !

Come on journalism - ask the questions ? Dare you !

GonzoReturns
18-06-2016, 01:07 AM
Not condoning anything that happened but for me context. We got broken into thieves confronted my sons with knives, they got caught and were given community service despite a history of offences. So for me police Glasgow Scotland have an agenda which needs to be questioned sadly police Edinburgh seem to be lap dogs. Police Scotland complain about not having resources/money well sorry but why devote so much resources/money to something which is only being driven by the Gladgiw biased media. B

jonny
18-06-2016, 01:49 AM
Not condoning anything that happened but for me context. We got broken into thieves confronted my sons with knives, they got caught and were given community service despite a history of offences. So for me police Glasgow Scotland have an agenda which needs to be questioned sadly police Edinburgh seem to be lap dogs. Police Scotland complain about not having resources/money well sorry but why devote so much resources/money to something which is only being driven by the Gladgiw biased media. B

GR I understand your frustration at that but from what you've said it seems to me that the police adequately done their job following the housebreaking at your home and the criticism of them is perhaps a bit unjust in this case (there are plenty of occasions when I do think the police deserve to be criticised). They took the report and caught the bad guys. Once a criminal case is reported to the procurator fiscal by the police and thereafter put before the court the police have no power or say on sentencing. That's the role of the criminal justice system. The sheriff has the circumstances reported to them and if the suspect is found guilty they then receive a copy of their criminal history, from there they make the decision on sentencing completely independent of the police.
Just incase it's not clear I'm with you on this one, I think the scroats that broke into your house armed with knives should've got a much harsher sentence, it seems they've got off very lightly but as I said, thats not down to the police.
As to your second point, I think it'd be naive to think that the police wouldn't investigate an incident involving public violence that was live on national television and had been a hot topic of media conversation for a week. Yes, the media greatly exaggerated what went on but in essence there was completely unacceptable behaviour from both Hibs and Rangers fans.
I have no idea how many police resources were or are dedicated to it but as a season ticket holder with my 3 kids I'm pleased that it's being investigated and those Hibs fans that did participate in any violence are found and made to stay away from the ground. I don't want them and their pre-historic mind sets near my kids. I think this 'casual' element needs to be taken away from the game completely and anyone found involved should be harshly dealt with.

sydneyhibee
18-06-2016, 02:04 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36562814
A man has admitted assault and disorder charges following violent scenes at the end of last month's Scottish Cup Final at Hampden Park in Glasgow.
At Glasgow Sheriff Court, John Galbraith, 31, from Dumbarton, admitted running on to the pitch and assaulting two opposition fans and a steward.
Sentence on Galbraith was deferred and he was granted bail on the condition he does not attend any football games.

A quick google would indicate that the above person is a The Rangers fan....

Forza Fred
18-06-2016, 02:34 AM
One of the people named as pleading not guilty to running on to the park wielding a corner flag......and therefore currently presumed innocent of the charge..is a Mark Hendry of Shettlestoun.

A quick google suggests a colourful history going as far Back as France in 1998 where he appeared in dispatches as a 24 year old.

Assuming of course, it is the same person.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 06:58 AM
The daily record for one will always look at things and be biased towards sevco. That's their main readership really. Many Celtic fans won't buy it so it doesn't surprise me that they will rabble rouse for the Huns

The Green Goblin
18-06-2016, 07:08 AM

Faces tripping them all up - clearly gutted. Scottish football's governing officials in a nutshell. Pathetic, as are the so called journalists mentioned elsewhere on this thread. Is that really the best we can do?

However, the man who gives Gray the cup clearly seems genuinely happy for him and pats him on the back and smiles with real warmth and says "well done". I liked the way he did that. He must be a guest.,,

StevieCowan
18-06-2016, 07:22 AM
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/****+ON+TOUR+ARE+NAZIS%3B+Hate-fuelled+Scottish+thugs+belong+to+the...-a060564642

Interesting why the papers haven't picked up the history of Mark Hendry.

greenginger
18-06-2016, 07:22 AM
That's 32 arrests reported so far, how many of that number are Hibbys ?

I would guess 7 or 8. Does anyone have an accurate figure to post on football blog sites. If the BBC or print media won't mention , we should.

Mr White
18-06-2016, 07:27 AM
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/****+ON+TOUR+ARE+NAZIS%3B+Hate-fuelled+Scottish+thugs+belong+to+the...-a060564642

Interesting why the papers haven't picked up the history of Mark Hendry.

:hilarious
Sandy Chugg

WoreTheGreen
18-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Sandy Chugg

He knocked one out himself. W-----r

The Green Goblin
18-06-2016, 07:36 AM
Sandy Chugg

Got a bit over excited on a visit to the beach, perhaps?

hibs0666
18-06-2016, 07:40 AM
That's 32 arrests reported so far, how many of that number are Hibbys ?

I would guess 7 or 8. Does anyone have an accurate figure to post on football blog sites. If the BBC or print media won't mention , we should.

The number of Hibs supporters lifted will increase as the police move into phases 2 and 3 of the process.

green day
18-06-2016, 07:44 AM
The number of Hibs supporters lifted will increase as the police move into phases 2 and 3 of the process.

What are they?

Provocatively laughing at the huns and celebrating our cup win :greengrin:greengrin

marinello59
18-06-2016, 07:45 AM

Aye.we shouldn't be rushing in to any pointless numbers game.

hibs0666
18-06-2016, 07:49 AM
What are they?

Provocatively laughing at the huns and celebrating our cup win :greengrin:greengrin

Phase 1- those involved in the most serious acts of violence

Phase 2 - those involved in disorder

Phase 3 - those embroiled in acts of vandalism such as wrecking signage and goalposts.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if over 100 Hibs supporters end up in court by the time that the legal process is complete.

I'm_cabbaged
18-06-2016, 07:57 AM
Aye.we shouldn't be rushing in to any pointless numbers game.

Indeed, we'll have a larger amount of convictions than der hun. Even though ours will be trivial charges the press will jump on numbers rather than the seriousness of the acts.

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Forgive my lack of knowledge in these matters but what about possible punishment to the club itself? Is that likely to occur and if so, what kind of timescale

hibs0666
18-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Forgive my lack of knowledge in these matters but what about possible punishment to the club itself? Is that likely to occur and if so, what kind of timescale

Record fine, big bill for damage caused and site warnings of eternal damnation if it ever happens again.

Bristolhibby
18-06-2016, 08:13 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36562814
A man has admitted assault and disorder charges following violent scenes at the end of last month's Scottish Cup Final at Hampden Park in Glasgow.
At Glasgow Sheriff Court, John Galbraith, 31, from Dumbarton, admitted running on to the pitch and assaulting two opposition fans and a steward.
Sentence on Galbraith was deferred and he was granted bail on the condition he does not attend any football games.

A quick google would indicate that the above person is a The Rangers fan....

Without Googling, I could tell you that there ain't many Hibbees from or living in Dumbarton.

J

green day
18-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Phase 1- those involved in the most serious acts of violence

Phase 2 - those involved in disorder

Phase 3 - those embroiled in acts of vandalism such as wrecking signage and goalposts.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if over 100 Hibs supporters end up in court by the time that the legal process is complete.

Does disorder include sectarian singing and flares?

Finn2015
18-06-2016, 08:22 AM

This is Scotland so.... Probably not

Ronniekirk
18-06-2016, 08:33 AM

They wont go there The Rangers didn't complain to the Police or Reagan about that

marinello59
18-06-2016, 08:49 AM
They wont go there The Rangers didn't complain to the Police or Reagan about that

Has ANYBODY made an official complaint about flares and sectarian singing?
The flares that went off just before Stokes' first goal actually enhanced the occasion. :greengrin

GreenCastle
18-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Still lots to be announced..

The smoke bomb consequences..
Sectarian singing consequences..
Coins being thrown from sevco fans in north upper..
Why the policing and stewarding was so poor so close to the final whistle..SFA lack of preparation for an expected Hibs win.

The police and stewards were letting people run onto the pitch to avoid any crushing hence so many got on.

I'm_cabbaged
18-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Has ANYBODY made an official complaint about flares and sectarian singing?
The flares that went off just before Stokes' first goal actually enhanced the occasion. :greengrin

My eldest laddie complained to an officer at the game about sectarian singing at half time, whilst agreeing with his complaint he also advised him that it was an offence to enter a sporting arena under the influence of alcohol 😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-06-2016, 09:58 AM

If you look back at Reagan's comments immediately post match he made it clear that the game will be remembered only for what happened after the final whistle. I think that was a calculated move to take focus away from what went on in the 90 minutes. That includes the flares and sectarian racism which is the SFA's achillies heel.

Ronniekirk
18-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know if you can submit something as n individual to the independent. Inquiry ?
Not some knee jerk crazed biased account ,but a more measured view

The Green Goblin
18-06-2016, 10:08 AM
If you look back at Reagan's comments immediately post match he made it clear that the game will be remembered only for what happened after the final whistle. I think that was a calculated move to take focus away from what went on in the 90 minutes. That includes the flares and sectarian racism which is the SFA's achillies heel.

He did, yes, but with those comments and that absurd hun "statement" they have created a creature they can't control. The independent commission will hopefully be just that: independent. At the time, I said it was like an analogy of the huns standing on a mountainside screaming their heads off then realising too late that they would be caught by the avalanche too. I still stand by that. And that is why we have heard so little from them in recent weeks - they've finally realised that. Too late mind, :greengrin but it has finally sunk in.

SJM
18-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Have they caught the child predictor from the stranger dangers end yet?

PatHead
18-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Would love to know the split between the numbers of hibs and the rangers fans arrested

But I doubt they want to highlight that

I do wish the club would nip this in the butt

They media are still referring to assults on rangers players (aledged or otherwise) - still no evidence of this has been provided

Can we please ban the BBC rangers mouth piece from Easter Road next season?

The club feel that these matters are currently subject to police investigation. They therefore can't comment at this time.

Kato
18-06-2016, 12:54 PM

So happy that we peshed them off that badly that all they want to focus on is a few bams.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners, 2016

Carheenlea
18-06-2016, 01:03 PM
The club feel that these matters are currently subject to police investigation. They therefore can't comment at this time.

Hibs have no need to comment. The club has acted swiftly in reprimanding our own fans who overstepped the marked, and needs not to feel pressured into commenting further.

Dashing Bob S
18-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Hibs have no need to comment. The club has acted swiftly in reprimanding our own fans who overstepped the marked, and needs not to feel pressured into commenting further.

Hibs have played a blinder. Done everything right and simply left the Huns/Scottish media/football establishment alone to make hysterical ****s of themselves.

Aldo
18-06-2016, 01:39 PM

First off hope you and your family are ok!

You will find though that is the courts decision ie Sheriff , to give the Community Service and not the Police. One place and one place only for them and that's the pokey! O and probably somewhere else!

You will also find that there not be many folk left to find regarding the ongoing enquiry! I would suggest a max of 100 maybe slightly more if your lucky that were involved.

My biggest peeve is the way Der Hun tried to manipulate the media with a spin on every single thing. The media lapped it up big time!

Pretty Boy
18-06-2016, 01:46 PM

In Scotland the former is considered a good family day out.

The Green Goblin
18-06-2016, 01:50 PM

:agree: "History", "Tradition", "Banter", "Comedy material for BBC Hogmanay" and not a peep, ever, from those trumped up fools on Sportsound who seem to go deaf for 90 minutes each week. Pathetic.

CraigHibee
18-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Without Googling, I could tell you that there ain't many Hibbees from or living in Dumbarton.

J

I know who he is as well, also recognise one from livi that was in court as well, pair of fannies

Betty Boop
18-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Have they caught the child predictor from the stranger dangers end yet?

What's a child predictor ?

Aldo
18-06-2016, 02:21 PM

From a Der Hun supporter in Twitter their supporter was 'protecting' the child and moving him from harms way!!

REALLY!!

green day
18-06-2016, 02:38 PM

Aye, true!!

In all seriousness though, if it gets ignored in all this, I hope the club kicks off about it.

It happened from the minute the Hampden announcer told us that disorder and sectarian singing was an offence.

It's really not acceptable, and even more than that it's illegal. I wager no huns were arrested for this, despite thousands calling our manager a Fenian *******.

greenginger
18-06-2016, 02:52 PM

The he trials of the three accused who pleaded not guilty in court yesterday have been set for January 2017.

Do Hibs intend to wait until then or even later to dispute the media lies ?

I am sure the SFA will have their report on events published Asap.

Meanwhile the story of all the rangers players and officials being assaulted by Hibbys becomes fact. A Church minister was even repeating the assault myth as fact on BBC radio a couple of days ago and now, with no alternative discription of events available, his audience will believe the lies too.

Haymaker
18-06-2016, 02:53 PM
One of them is being charged with singing sectarian songs.

Aldo
18-06-2016, 03:45 PM
The he trials of the three accused who pleaded not guilty in court yesterday have been set for January 2017. Do Hibs intend to wait until then or even later to dispute the media lies ? I am sure the SFA will have their report on events published Asap. Meanwhile the story of all the rangers players and officials being assaulted by Hibbys becomes fact. A Church minister was even repeating the assault myth as fact on BBC radio a couple of days ago and now, with no alternative discription of events available, his audience will believe the lies too.

I would hope the club have kept a record of all the reports by ALL the media... BBC Sportsound and DR especially and in time hit them with a ... Explain this and why did you drag out club through the gutter for a total fabrication of the truth.

In the interim I would ban the BBC, DR and any journo who spouted or printed lies from ER

Ronniekirk
18-06-2016, 04:09 PM
From a Der Hun supporter in Twitter their supporter was 'protecting' the child and moving him from harms way!!

REALLY!!

I don't think he would be trying to abduct a child live on television Aldo
Surely they can't be that stupid
The next thing you know the guy with the corner flag will be saying he was just trying to flag the police to assist in protecting the players who were all allegedly assaulted That was the headline that really started taking things to far

Aldo
18-06-2016, 04:37 PM
I don't think he would be trying to abduct a child live on television Aldo Surely they can't be that stupid The next thing you know the guy with the corner flag will be saying he was just trying to flag the police to assist in protecting the players who were all allegedly assaulted That was the headline that really started taking things to far Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't mention abduct Mr K but they chose what to print and won't print much that will have repercussions in respect of paper sales!

Kojock
18-06-2016, 05:20 PM

Here, we call it a pregnancy test.

Bostonhibby
18-06-2016, 05:39 PM
They have days out in parks all over the west of Scotland, right after the marches finish. Scotland's Ku Klux Klan rallies but in broad daylight and there's no will to administer the law

Ozyhibby
18-06-2016, 06:29 PM
4000 Hibs fans entered the field, 4 arrested that's 00.1%
200 Rangers fans entered the field,32 arrested that's 16%. Level playing field?

Found that on Twitter. Sevconians not happy. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The Green Goblin
18-06-2016, 06:50 PM
4000 Hibs fans entered the field, 4 arrested that's 00.1%
200 Rangers fans entered the field,32 arrested that's 16%. Level playing field?

Found that on Twitter. Sevconians not happy. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As others have said, I'm pretty sure the final tally will be quite different.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Hibs have played a blinder. Done everything right and simply left the Huns/Scottish media/football establishment alone to make hysterical ****s of themselves.

If the SFA and the Chick Youngs and Gordon Smiths can draw a line of liability right back to Hibs and look for punishment then that's the precedent set for Sevco. The way our club has shown some ownership has put them all to shame.

Ronniekirk
18-06-2016, 07:06 PM
As others have said, I'm pretty sure the final tally will be quite different.

There must have been a fair squad on the crossbar at different points and they will easily be picked out from tv footage Assume they will be on the next batch along with those vandalising the advertising screens

Ronniekirk
18-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Didn't mention abduct Mr K but they chose what to print and won't print much that will have repercussions in respect of paper sales!

Apologies A Am getting as bad as the press for getting my facts wrong and distorting things

Jack Hackett
18-06-2016, 07:30 PM
There must have been a fair squad on the crossbar at different points and they will easily be picked out from tv footage Assume they will be on the next batch along with those vandalising the advertising screens

I think there's a huge difference between over exuberant celebration and the threatening and aggresive behaviour shown by the huns. What we did and what they did in response are poles apart, and I think this is reflected in the 'alleged' ratio of arrests. The damage caused is easily repaired and insignificant when considering the extenuating circumstances. Any due punishments should take this into consideration.

When you consider the behaviour of some euro fans, the reaction to what the Hibs fans did at Hampden is laughable, and hopefully, will be treated as such.

.....I am not, however, holding my breath

Ronniekirk
18-06-2016, 07:41 PM
I think there's a huge difference between over exuberant celebration and the threatening and aggresive behaviour shown by the huns. What we did and what they did in response are poles apart, and I think this is reflected in the 'alleged' ratio of arrests. The damage caused is easily repaired and insignificant when considering the extenuating circumstances. Any due punishments should take this into consideration.

When you consider the behaviour of some euro fans, the reaction to what the Hibs fans did at Hampden is laughable, and hopefully, will be treated as such.

I will be watching these next phases closely as this is where we should get a better idea whose agenda the Police are pursuing
I assume our own Club will also be mote proportionate in how they deal with those fans and not just Turf them out Easter Road

Aldo
18-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Apologies A Am getting as bad as the press for getting my facts wrong and distorting things Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsk tsk!! Poor show!! ;-)

franks
18-06-2016, 09:57 PM

Right on 100% agree.