PDA

View Full Version : More arrests today after the pitch invasion

Pages : 1 [2]

ian cruise
20-06-2016, 07:05 AM
I can't decide whether to laugh or cry at the absurdity of this. The fact I have rational thinking friends who then share stuff like this on Facebook (how it came to my attention) dismay me.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-statement-daily-record/

GloryGlory
20-06-2016, 07:28 AM
4000 Hibs fans entered the field, 4 arrested that's 00.1%
200 Rangers fans entered the field,32 arrested that's 16%. Level playing field?

Found that on Twitter. Sevconians not happy. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those 4 must have got about a bit, what with punching, kicking and spitting on all The Rangers players and staff, plus then fighting the Hun Hordes. Blimey!

CyberSauzee
20-06-2016, 11:29 AM
There's a headline on Newsnow today from the Daily Hun:

"Dumbarton football fan admits running on to pitch during Scottish Cup Final" Daily Record 10:59

The real headline should of course be "Rangers fan from Dumbarton admits assaulting rival supporters on the pitch after the Scottish Cup Final"

The real news can be seen in this BBC article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36562814

"At Glasgow Sheriff Court, John Galbraith, 31, from Dumbarton, admitted running on to the pitch and assaulting two opposition fans and a steward."

Another totally misleading headline from this rag, the sooner it dies like the tax dodgers they pander to the better.

Kato
23-06-2016, 01:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36607936

Person involved named as "a Hibs fan".

Yet to see anyone labelled as a Rangers fan.

Keith_M
23-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Apparently, no (The) Rangers Fans have yet been arrested... at least if you read the reports in our esteemed MSM.

Their determination not to label anybody arrested as a Fan of that club is quite astounding.

I think the The Rangers media dept has the editors of those 'newspapers' by the short and curlies.

Oh and practically every report on the aftermath of the finally has a compulsory mention of 'alleged assaults' on Rangers players and staff, despite not one person having been charged with actual assault (as opposed to attempted assault by one single fan), no names given of any victims and no evidence produced whatsoever of the 'alleged' injuries

A suspicious person would think the Rangers are putting some pressure on the media to push their agenda.

andrew70
23-06-2016, 01:26 PM

I find these indefinite/life bans an absolute joke but it's the world we live in I suppose. A ban yes, 6mths, a year maybe but not to that extent.

Running at someone is not the same as battering someone like the Huns did when entering the field. Making offensive gestures is something we've all probably at a game at one point in time. rightly or wrongly not many can say they've not.

He's lost his job etc because of it too. It's a sad world we live in. I'd expect to see Rangers fans jailed then for their part in proceedings but I can't see that happening because our club isn't leading a disgusting witchhunt.

Time for our club to support our fans instead of hanging them out to dry IMO especially when The Rangers football club and their fans cry to the press.

I may be in a minority here but never mind.

lucky
23-06-2016, 01:28 PM

Sensible approach from the Sheriff

Kato
23-06-2016, 01:36 PM

Agree

SJM
23-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Shan that he's been banned forever.

Perhaps the media can't identify the Huns as Huns because they aren't wearing Hun tops where as the laddie in question has an old away top on.

I really hope the club is waiting for the investigation to be concluded before demanding apologies all over the shop to those that have lied about the goings on including Hun fc.

JeMeSouviens
23-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Shan that he's been banned forever.

Perhaps the media can't identify the Huns as Huns because they aren't wearing Hun tops where as the laddie in question has an old away top on.

I really hope the club is waiting for the investigation to be concluded before demanding apologies all over the shop to those that have lied about the goings on including Hun fc.

"Indefinite" doesn't mean forever. That would be "definite".

Since90+2
23-06-2016, 01:53 PM
He has not been given a lifetime ban he has been given an indefinite one. I suspect he will be allowed back after a few years.

SJM
23-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Alright I read it as infinite sorry.

Bostonhibby
23-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Wonder what kind of penalty and ban the hun who was kicking the boy who was lying on the ground will get. The hun hitting the guy with the corner flag should also be an interesting one.

SJM
23-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Wonder what kind of penalty and ban the hun who was kicking the boy who was lying on the ground will get. The hun hitting the guy with the corner flag should also be an interesting one.

Probably get to march with the soldiers on the next arm forces farce at Ibrox.

Eaststandee
23-06-2016, 02:00 PM
I can't decide whether to laugh or cry at the absurdity of this. The fact I have rational thinking friends who then share stuff like this on Facebook (how it came to my attention) dismay me.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-statement-daily-record/

Why would both those videos not have sound?

Possibly something to do with sirens and sectarianism maybe..

.Sean.
23-06-2016, 02:06 PM
I find these indefinite/life bans an absolute joke but it's the world we live in I suppose. A ban yes, 6mths, a year maybe but not to that extent.

Running at someone is not the same as battering someone like the Huns did when entering the field. Making offensive gestures is something we've all probably at a game at one point in time. rightly or wrongly not many can say they've not.

He's lost his job etc because of it too. It's a sad world we live in. I'd expect to see Rangers fans jailed then for their part in proceedings but I can't see that happening because our club isn't leading a disgusting witchhunt.

Time for our club to support our fans instead of hanging them out to dry IMO especially when The Rangers football club and their fans cry to the press.

I may be in a minority here but never mind.
Yep. Pretty disappointed with Dempster and co's stance in this.

99.9% of Hibs supporters entered the pitch in a haze of sheer euphoria and I'm disappointed at the board's failure to recognise this.

Kojock
23-06-2016, 02:20 PM
He has not been given a lifetime ban he has been given an indefinite one. I suspect he will be allowed back after a few years.

He's not been given a football banning order by the court. It's Hibs themselves that have barred him from buying tickets for home and away games. Technically he could enter pay at the gate away games.

RoYO!
23-06-2016, 02:44 PM
As others have said, I'm pretty sure the final tally will be quite different.

Not from a percentage point of view

SJM
23-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Yep. Pretty disappointed with Dempster and co's stance in this.

99.9% of Hibs supporters entered the pitch in a haze of sheer euphoria and I'm disappointed at the board's failure to recognise this.

Why has none of the supporters groups or even the hsl challenged the ***** written like that 1872 mob have?

People on here are quick at codemning our own but nobody seems to be prepared to fight back at everyone who has painted our support in such a bad light.

JeMeSouviens
23-06-2016, 02:53 PM
He's not been given a football banning order by the court. It's Hibs themselves that have barred him from buying tickets for home and away games. Technically he could enter pay at the gate away games.

Practically, I'm sure he could buy at a pod for home games too.

KWJ
23-06-2016, 02:55 PM

I think they have going by their wording in statements.

That 0.1% that broke the law and let the club down among the pitch invaders are the ones being punished. Sheer euphoria is no excuse to attempt to punch someone who is trying to leave the pitch.

SJM
23-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Practically, I'm sure he could buy at a pod for home games too.

Or get someone else to get him a ticket considering there will be no cat a games this season.

Jack Hackett
23-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Why has none of the supporters groups or even the hsl challenged the ***** written like that 1872 mob have?

People on here are quick at codemning our own but nobody seems to be prepared to fight back at everyone who has painted our support in such a bad light.

There's been a 'keep your head down and make the right noises' approach from Hibs which is in marked contrast to the 'shout it out and lie through your back teeth' from the zombies which I find disturbing. No-one has made even a half hearted attempt to defend what was for the major part, a celebration. Some damage was done, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Most of the aggressive behaviour came from the Huns, but their board were issuing statements within minutes of the final whistle condemning the brutality of the Hibs support and the vicious assaults on their entire team. We, basically kept schtum and public perception being what it is, now has us tried and convicted.

Are the board afraid of the Zombies? Time for someone to answer the blatantly false allegations flung at us and show the huns the middle finger.

SJM
23-06-2016, 03:29 PM
There's been a 'keep your head down and make the right noises' approach from Hibs which is in marked contrast to the 'shout it out and lie through your back teeth' from the zombies which I find disturbing. No-one has made even a half hearted attempt to defend what was for the major part, a celebration. Some damage was done, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Most of the aggressive behaviour came from the Huns, but their board were issuing statements within minutes of the final whistle condemning the brutality of the Hibs support and the vicious assaults on their entire team. We, basically kept schtum and public perception being what it is, now has us tried and convicted.

Are the board afraid of the Zombies? Time for someone to answer the blatantly false allegations flung at us and show the huns the middle finger.

Spot on. 👍

BSEJVT
23-06-2016, 03:40 PM

Couldn't disagree more

Hibs board aren't stupid and its a short term pain for long term gain plan they are following.

I doubt anyone was more euphoric than anyone else, yet most managed to keep to the stands.

If no-one goes on the pitch there is no problem.

Like it or not by going on the pitch some of our supporters gave those looking for an excuse to put the boot in, just that.

Do you really think its in the clubs interests to get involved right now in a pissing contest about whose fans were worst?

All that would do would be to fire up the rhetoric and reignite the issue.

I would bet good money that at the end once the dust has settled the club will issue a contrite apology and comment on the gross exaggeration of claims by the Rangers and the media as to the extent of law breaking.

Adopting this approach will minimise both the sanctions applied and reduce the profile of the events.

It might stick in a few folks throats till then, but frankly the long term interests of the club supersede that by a million miles

Onion
23-06-2016, 03:41 PM

The zombies reacted like a petulant child being denied an ice-cream. Hibs have been adult about the whole situation and will allow the Independrnt Commission report to say all the things that need to be said. The Huns will no be happy 🙂

silverhibee
23-06-2016, 03:42 PM

And yet we get this pish from The Rangers managing director, he is also hard of hearing and seems to have never noticed the smoke coming from the losing end which was quite clearly seen from Stokes 1st goal, or was Stokes really on fire. :greengrin

Sectarian singing of The Billy Boys at Scottish Cup final not as bad as Hampden pitch invasion, says Rangers director.

STEWART Robertson, the Rangers managing director, last night insisted singing The Billy Boys was preferable to becoming involved in the unrest at the end of the William Hill Scottish Cup final.

The Ibrox club’s supporters have been widely criticised for belting out a rendition of the banned song as thousands of Hibs fans invaded the pitch at Hampden on Saturday evening.

Several Rangers players and members of staff were assaulted and spat on by followers of the Easter Road club as they attempted to make their way off the field after being beaten 3-2.

Robertson condemned the airing of a sectarian chant which is illegal under the controversial Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012.

However, the Rangers director expressed the view that it was a far lesser offence than storming onto the playing surface and engaging in acts of violence against the Hibs support.

“If I recall correctly, the Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch,” he said.

“We don’t condone that kind of behaviour. However, if I had a choice between the fans singing a song or piling over the wall into a pitched battle with the Hibs fans, I know what I would choose.

“That doesn’t make it right, but you have to put it into context. I’d rather have that than two or three thousand piling over the wall and we have a riot on our hands.”

Meanwhile, Robertson has revealed Rangers have received an email from Hibs acknowledging the role their fans played in the ugly scenes which shamed Scottish football at the weekend.

He has also confirmed that Rangers will take action against any supporters of the Ibrox club who are charged by police during investigations into the disgraceful events.

He said: “First of all, can I just say congratulations to Hibs on winning the cup. It was obviously a big day for them after 114 years. They deserved their victory, so well done to Hibs.

“We have had good dialogue with the SFA. Stewart Regan (the SFA chief executive) has been on the phone a couple of times, on Saturday night and Monday morning. He has also said what he’s said publicly. I’ve had an email from Hibs.

"They were just acknowledging what had happened. When the final whistle blows, Hibs fans come over the top, run up the pitch and get to the halfway line, attack our players, continue running up the pitch and actually goad, taunt and provoke our fans.

“That’s just not acceptable. It’s not acceptable that we have players and staff attacked at their place of work. It’s just not right.

"Every one of those players coming off that pitch was pretty badly impacted by what happened and three members of staff that I’m aware of. All of that has now gone to the police so we’re going to step back from making much more public comment and just let the investigations take their path.

"Hopefully, the investigation will identify is what went wrong. Why were the Hibs fans allowed to come on to the pitch and attack our players and staff? How can we deal with it in future? How can we prevent it happening again. Nobody wants to see those scenes."

Robertson added: “We don’t condone any act of violence in football and some of our fans ended up on the pitch. But I think you have to go back to the provocation, the taunting and the goading. I’ve seen some of the footage from close up and they felt threatened.

“They saw players being attacked by the Hibs fans. Let’s not forget that the Hibs fans came over the top. The Hibs fans initiated everything that happened. The Hibs fans ran towards them.

“But the investigations will inevitably lead to some of those fans who were on the pitch being punished and we will take appropriate action against those fans and do the right thing.”

Elsewhere, Robertson has confirmed Rangers have entered talks with manager Mark Warburton and his assistant Davie Weir about signing new contracts with the Ibrox club.

Speaking at the launch of the Club 1872 united Rangers supporters group at Ibrox, he said: "Mark and Davie have been fantastic," he said. "The brand of football they have played, the way we have come through the Championship and the squad he has put together.

Deary F***ing me.

The Green Goblin
23-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Couldn't disagree more

Hibs board aren't stupid and its a short term pain for long term gain plan they are following.

I doubt anyone was more euphoric than anyone else, yet most managed to keep to the stands.

Like it or not by going on the pitch some of our supporters gave those looking for an excuse to put the boot in, just that.

Do you really think its in the clubs interests to get involved right now in a pissing contest about whose fans were worst?

I would bet good money that at the end once the dust has settled the club will issue a contrite apology and comment on the gross exaggeration of claims by the Rangers and the media as to the extent of law breaking.

Adopting this approach will minimise both the sanctions applied and reduce the profile of the events.

It might stick in a few folks throats till then, but frankly the long term interests of the club supersede that by a million miles

It seems to me that a club statement addressing these things will likely follow the findings and recommendations of the independent commission at the end of July. If that report condemns the huns' statement or the actions of their fans, then that carries more weight than if Hibs follow the huns' pathetic media victim approach. If the huns get away with their part in it, then I would expect Hibs' statement to address that. But I doubt anything will happen until we know what the outcome of the inquiry is....

BSEJVT
23-06-2016, 03:59 PM
It seems to me that a club statement addressing these things will likely follow the findings and recommendations of the independent commission at the end of July. If that report condemns the huns' statement or the actions of their fans, then that carries more weight than if Hibs follow the huns' pathetic media victim approach. If the huns get away with their part in it, then I would expect Hibs' statement to address that. But I doubt anything will happen until we know what the outcome of the inquiry is....

That is exactly the point I was trying to make but not so eloquently!

Super_JMcGinn
23-06-2016, 05:03 PM

givescotlandfreedom
23-06-2016, 05:11 PM

If making offensive gestures is a crime I'd like to report most of Ibrox please.

Bostonhibby
23-06-2016, 05:25 PM
And yet we get this pish from The Rangers managing director, he is also hard of hearing and seems to have never noticed the smoke coming from the losing end which was quite clearly seen from Stokes 1st goal, or was Stokes really on fire. :greengrin

Sectarian singing of The Billy Boys at Scottish Cup final not as bad as Hampden pitch invasion, says Rangers director.

STEWART Robertson, the Rangers managing director, last night insisted singing The Billy Boys was preferable to becoming involved in the unrest at the end of the William Hill Scottish Cup final.

The Ibrox club’s supporters have been widely criticised for belting out a rendition of the banned song as thousands of Hibs fans invaded the pitch at Hampden on Saturday evening.

Several Rangers players and members of staff were assaulted and spat on by followers of the Easter Road club as they attempted to make their way off the field after being beaten 3-2.

Robertson condemned the airing of a sectarian chant which is illegal under the controversial Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012.

However, the Rangers director expressed the view that it was a far lesser offence than storming onto the playing surface and engaging in acts of violence against the Hibs support.

“If I recall correctly, the Billy Boys was sung after the Hibs fans came on to the pitch,” he said.

“We don’t condone that kind of behaviour. However, if I had a choice between the fans singing a song or piling over the wall into a pitched battle with the Hibs fans, I know what I would choose.

“That doesn’t make it right, but you have to put it into context. I’d rather have that than two or three thousand piling over the wall and we have a riot on our hands.”

Meanwhile, Robertson has revealed Rangers have received an email from Hibs acknowledging the role their fans played in the ugly scenes which shamed Scottish football at the weekend.

He has also confirmed that Rangers will take action against any supporters of the Ibrox club who are charged by police during investigations into the disgraceful events.

He said: “First of all, can I just say congratulations to Hibs on winning the cup. It was obviously a big day for them after 114 years. They deserved their victory, so well done to Hibs.

“We have had good dialogue with the SFA. Stewart Regan (the SFA chief executive) has been on the phone a couple of times, on Saturday night and Monday morning. He has also said what he’s said publicly. I’ve had an email from Hibs.

"They were just acknowledging what had happened. When the final whistle blows, Hibs fans come over the top, run up the pitch and get to the halfway line, attack our players, continue running up the pitch and actually goad, taunt and provoke our fans.

“That’s just not acceptable. It’s not acceptable that we have players and staff attacked at their place of work. It’s just not right.

"Every one of those players coming off that pitch was pretty badly impacted by what happened and three members of staff that I’m aware of. All of that has now gone to the police so we’re going to step back from making much more public comment and just let the investigations take their path.

"Hopefully, the investigation will identify is what went wrong. Why were the Hibs fans allowed to come on to the pitch and attack our players and staff? How can we deal with it in future? How can we prevent it happening again. Nobody wants to see those scenes."

Robertson added: “We don’t condone any act of violence in football and some of our fans ended up on the pitch. But I think you have to go back to the provocation, the taunting and the goading. I’ve seen some of the footage from close up and they felt threatened.

“They saw players being attacked by the Hibs fans. Let’s not forget that the Hibs fans came over the top. The Hibs fans initiated everything that happened. The Hibs fans ran towards them.

“But the investigations will inevitably lead to some of those fans who were on the pitch being punished and we will take appropriate action against those fans and do the right thing.”

Elsewhere, Robertson has confirmed Rangers have entered talks with manager Mark Warburton and his assistant Davie Weir about signing new contracts with the Ibrox club.

Speaking at the launch of the Club 1872 united Rangers supporters group at Ibrox, he said: "Mark and Davie have been fantastic," he said. "The brand of football they have played, the way we have come through the Championship and the squad he has put together.

Deary F***ing me.

So it was the first time they sang the banned sectarian hate song, and they only do it when they are provoked, well civilised society, there you have it, from the horses mouth.

He can't have been able to hear it during the rest of the game. No idea why the losing fans came onto the pitch but that's the offence right there, as is grabbing the child, kicking the guy lying on the ground in the head and battering people with a weapon - the corner flag. Hopefully police Glasgow don't need led by the nose on this one, the SFA can do something about the singing as well, now the admission is out there.

The message to the hun seems to be that if you feel provoked and resort to any of these solutions your board supports you. Nae wonder they are so popular with the rest of 21st century Scotland:rolleyes:.

heid the baw
23-06-2016, 05:28 PM

Could not disagree more.

240 hours represents the maximum unpaid work that can be given for an early plea. Add in a 2 month curfew and a 2 year banning order and that is a disproportionate sentence for the offence
This is a 19 year old, non-violent first offender who (wrongly) went on the park, an action taken by 1000's of others who will not be prosecuted.

A fine and banning order would have been the correct punishment. This is pandering to the media.

Mr White
23-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Could not disagree more.

240 hours represents the maximum unpaid work that can be given for an early plea. Add in a 2 month curfew and a 2 year banning order and that is a disproportionate sentence for the offence
This is a 19 year old, non-violent first offender who (wrongly) went on the park, an action taken by 1000's of others who will not be prosecuted.

A fine and banning order would have been the correct punishment. This is pandering to the media.

I agree. Compared to this guy

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/it-worker-who-sold-drugs-on-dark-web-and-stole-credit-card-numbers-sentenced-1-4162403

who sold drugs online and stole credit card details from his work computer system over a period of months. He has to pay back a large sum of money but the community payback he received is less than the guy who ran and gesticulated at Foderingham.

Smartie
23-06-2016, 05:48 PM

Deary F***ing me.

Er, both presumably?

That was what happened.

Kojock
23-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Could not disagree more.

Have to agree with this. The punishment in no way fits the crime here. Community service is an alternative to imprisonment. Hes a young guy with no previous, he didn't assault anyone, he will have to do 240 hours unpaid work, (at a rate of £5 per hour thats a fine of £1250), he has lost his job, he and his family have been subjected to abuse, he has a curfew and a banning order. FFS how much more punishment can you give one person.

JimBHibees
23-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Could not disagree more.

What is the curfew about ? Has to stay in his house between 8pm and 6am for 2 months, totally pointless. The guy is a sports coahc so will get through the community service hours relatively quickly. If this is the level of punishment some of the more blatant assaults will be seeing jail time I would have thought.

Heard a story a couple of weeks back about a Rangers fan who was at the game and went on the pitch to fight. He has apparently been in trouble previously, anyway he gets back to his bus and then remembers he was at the game with his young son (7-8 year old). Other people had taken his son back to the bus while he was fighting on the pitch. Quite simply wow.

andrew70
23-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Could not disagree more.

100%

heid the baw
23-06-2016, 06:13 PM
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/islands/shetland/874671/car-park-rammy-led-assault/

(https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/islands/shetland/874671/car-park-rammy-led-assault/)http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-36090730

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/66523/fife-man-fined-for-bust-up-with-friends-after-late-night-mcdonalds-visit/

Just a wee sample of why this sentence is media driven
Every day in Courts around Scotland, rightly or wrongly, this is what ordinarily happens.
The law should be applied fairly, in this case it was not

silverhibee
23-06-2016, 06:13 PM
John Galbraith from Dumbarton should be given a long sentence for 3 assaults & Breach of the Peace then, which he has pleaded guilty to.

Smartie
23-06-2016, 06:14 PM
What is the curfew about ? Has to stay in his house between 8pm and 6am for 2 months, totally pointless. The guy is a sports coahc so will get through the community service hours relatively quickly. If this is the level of punishment some of the more blatant assaults will be seeing jail time I would have thought.

Heard a story a couple of weeks back about a Rangers fan who was at the game and went on the pitch to fight. He has apparently been in trouble previously, anyway he gets back to his bus and then remembers he was at the game with his young son (7-8 year old). Other people had taken his son back to the bus while he was fighting on the pitch. Quite simply wow.

Was this not one of the most blatant assaults, if not THE most blatant and serious though?

As far as I'm away there was the guy who had a swipe at Lee Wallace - he's got a world of pain ahead of him.

The most dodgy looking of all the rest of the footage is the "jostling" of Foderingham and a bit of wrestling with Dean Sheils - both of which were supposedly the same guy, this guy.

Has there been anything like incriminating evidence put forward in relation to assaults on any other players?

I assumed that all of the other Hibs fans who'd been arrested had been done for boxing with Rangers fans?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-06-2016, 06:17 PM
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/islands/shetland/874671/car-park-rammy-led-assault/

(https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/islands/shetland/874671/car-park-rammy-led-assault/)http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-36090730

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/66523/fife-man-fined-for-bust-up-with-friends-after-late-night-mcdonalds-visit/

Just a wee sample of why this sentence is media driven
Every day in Courts around Scotland, rightly or wrongly, this is what ordinarily happens.
The law should be applied fairly, in this case it was not

The invaders should have tooled up with chainsaws ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36537879

Jack Hackett
23-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Couldn't disagree more

You 'hope' this approach minimises the damage...in response to that I'll just say Lord Nimmo Smith. The above story regarding the punishment of the young lad should give some indication of what we can expect from the whitewash...sorry....commision.

There's a misguided belief held by normal, decent folks that bullies get their come uppance sooner or later. The Zombies are living proof of this fallacy.

When all is said and done, Hibernian FC are 100% blameless in this. Security at the game had nothing to do with them. The SFA and the police f*****d up badly, but you can bet your next months wages we'll be punished more than the Huns, and standing in the corner apologising isn't going to alter that.

We need to grow some and defend our corner.

CraigHibee
23-06-2016, 06:35 PM
John Galbraith from Dumbarton should be given a long sentence for 3 assaults & Breach of the Peace then, which he has pleaded guilty to.

he is a horrible little welt, know him from a few years ago and was a soft touch then, obv thinks prancing about with fellow orcs that he can act hard. complete cock

BSEJVT
23-06-2016, 07:20 PM
You 'hope' this approach minimises the damage...in response to that I'll just say Lord Nimmo Smith. The above story regarding the punishment of the young lad should give some indication of what we can expect from the whitewash...sorry....commision.

There's a misguided belief held by normal, decent folks that bullies get their come uppance sooner or later. The Zombies are living proof of this fallacy.

When all is said and done, Hibernian FC are 100% blameless in this. Security at the game had nothing to do with them. The SFA and the police f*****d up badly, but you can bet your next months wages we'll be punished more than the Huns, and standing in the corner apologising isn't going to alter that.

We need to grow some and defend our corner.

I have re read my post again and don't see the word "hope" you have quoted and I certainly haven't edited it.

Fwiw I don't give a rats arse what happens to The Rangers, other than they are judged no less harshly that we are for the individual transgressions of their fans.

You are 100% correct that Hibernian FC are completely blameless in this matter but there is no doubt the Club will be forced to both answer for and pay retribution for the actions of individual / groups of fans.

Your view is that the club should defend our corner but you don't say how? I am guessing that you think we should be adopting the same approach as The Rangers did immediately post match and decrying them and shifting the blame to them. If I am wrong, apologies, but that horse has long since bolted

My view is that the club are defending their corner admirably by their measured responses and the actions taken.

Whatever happens neither your nor I will be able to claim that our differing individual approaches were right or would have altered any outcome.

Since Leeann was recruited, our PR and getting our message out has improved out of all recognition, I am inclined to trust her judgement on this.

As The Rangers have and will continue to find out, once you have opened your big mouth and let your belly rumble you have lost control of the situation.

The only people who now believe their completely discredited statements are large parts of their support ( who after all were the target audience) and an extremely limited number of outsiders willing to believe the worst of anyone.

Everyone else I have spoken to, including some The Rangers and some Hearts supporters sees it for what it was a failed attempt to deflect from their failure to win a game they thought they already had.

Personally if someone is stupid enough to believe that pish, then I am not going to waste my time debating the issue with them.

The tide has turned long ago over this matter and there is IMO absolutely no reason to deviate from a strategy that has and continues to work well.

I fully accept that you and others hold a different view, which you are absolutely entitled to and to promote.

Pete
23-06-2016, 07:27 PM

Absolute ****ing joke.

Pandering to the Glasgow institutions at its worst.

mca
23-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Absolute ****ing joke.

The Word Scapegoat Springs to Mind.. :hmmm: Poor laddie - Losing Your job Not Bad enough ???

JimBHibees
23-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Was this not one of the most blatant assaults, if not THE most blatant and serious though?

As far as I'm away there was the guy who had a swipe at Lee Wallace - he's got a world of pain ahead of him.

The most dodgy looking of all the rest of the footage is the "jostling" of Foderingham and a bit of wrestling with Dean Sheils - both of which were supposedly the same guy, this guy.

Has there been anything like incriminating evidence put forward in relation to assaults on any other players?

I assumed that all of the other Hibs fans who'd been arrested had been done for boxing with Rangers fans?

When I said blatant assaults I was thinking of if this guy gets what I would consider a harsh punishment on top of losing his job what should people be getting for taking shocking liberties like kicking a teenager in the head when on the ground not in relation to the non-assaults on players.

JimBHibees
23-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Absolute ****ing joke.

Amazing that the judge seemed to have considered a custodial sentence for gesticulating at Wesley. Dear oh dear, whoever advised this kid to plead guilty needs shooting.

brog
23-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Amazing that the judge seemed to have considered a custodial sentence for gesticulating at Wesley. Dear oh dear, whoever advised this kid to plead guilty needs shooting.

Just what I was thinking! Really poor advice, a half decent lawyer would have shown thousands of fans 'gesticulating' at every single game.

Lago
23-06-2016, 09:04 PM
:top marks
I have re read my post again and don't see the word "hope" you have quoted and I certainly haven't edited it.

Fwiw I don't give a rats arse what happens to The Rangers, other than they are judged no less harshly that we are for the individual transgressions of their fans.

You are 100% correct that Hibernian FC are completely blameless in this matter but there is no doubt the Club will be forced to both answer for and pay retribution for the actions of individual / groups of fans.

Your view is that the club should defend our corner but you don't say how? I am guessing that you think we should be adopting the same approach as The Rangers did immediately post match and decrying them and shifting the blame to them. If I am wrong, apologies, but that horse has long since bolted

My view is that the club are defending their corner admirably by their measured responses and the actions taken.

Whatever happens neither your nor I will be able to claim that our differing individual approaches were right or would have altered any outcome.

Since Leeann was recruited, our PR and getting our message out has improved out of all recognition, I am inclined to trust her judgement on this.

As The Rangers have and will continue to find out, once you have opened your big mouth and let your belly rumble you have lost control of the situation.

The only people who now believe their completely discredited statements are large parts of their support ( who after all were the target audience) and an extremely limited number of outsiders willing to believe the worst of anyone.

Everyone else I have spoken to, including some The Rangers and some Hearts supporters sees it for what it was a failed attempt to deflect from their failure to win a game they thought they already had.

Personally if someone is stupid enough to believe that pish, then I am not going to waste my time debating the issue with them.

The tide has turned long ago over this matter and there is IMO absolutely no reason to deviate from a strategy that has and continues to work well.

I fully accept that you and others hold a different view, which you are absolutely entitled to and to promote.

Jack Hackett
23-06-2016, 09:15 PM
I have re read my post again and don't see the word "hope" you have quoted and I certainly haven't edited it....

I didn't quote you anywhere...I interpreted your take on the matter, which I suspect you know, because you are not stupid. The outcome of the enquiry is not certain, you therefore 'hope' for a more lenient outcome with the current softly softly approach being taken by the board. I think this is a mistake and an invitation to the SFA to walk all over us...which they will. They're as adept as their favourite sons at shifting blame and distorting the truth.

As you say, we have different views on the subject and I sincerely hope that you are right and I'm wrong for the sake of the club. Time will tell.

JJP
23-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Why would anyone believe that the Zombies will be treated the same as us when the punishments are dished out? When has that ever been the case? Whole thing will be blamed on Hibs and Sevco will walk away unscathed despite the fact their supporters were also on the pitch with far darker intentions than the vast majority of those in Green and White that invaded the pitch. The Scottish establishment has spoken. It's clear to see from the media coverage and the sentence this kid got today (not condoning what he did, he's an idiot). If the club believe their current stance will help any they are sadly mistaken in my opinion and any statement made now or later will be too little, too late. They appear to be happy to put their faith in the authorities for some reason and make no mistake, the invitation they are making to hammer us will be taken up with due haste. If they were going to stand up for our supporters and condemn the fact that they were attacked by Zombie thugs (an actual minority for once) whilst celebrating or goading on the pitch (rightly or wrongly) that time has long since passed as the narrative to this story has long since been written by Jim Traynors PR company acting on behalf of Rotten to the Core FC and their blue pound loving media pals. Rant over.

SJM
23-06-2016, 10:10 PM
We will be treated different unless we don't do the usual sit on our arse and accept it. No pressure at all from fans groups to any of the slanderous **** the media have published, nothing from the club defending the majority of us since te Huns statements. It's like we just accept it and a few on here go "hear hear" take the moral high ground and blame fans, just like them who took that winning goal in all different manner. I didn't run on the pitch but I don't blame the people that did for anything apart from a few who took it far too far. If I didn't have a family and it was ten years ago and if I didn't freeze in complete shock, sit on my seat and cry to the heavens I might have too but I can't condemn anyone that ran on the pitch as their mechanism when we won.

BSEJVT
23-06-2016, 10:11 PM
I didn't quote you anywhere...I interpreted your take on the matter, which I suspect you know, because you are not stupid. The outcome of the enquiry is not certain, you therefore 'hope' for a more lenient outcome with the current softly softly approach being taken by the board. I think this is a mistake and an invitation to the SFA to walk all over us...which they will. They're as adept as their favourite sons at shifting blame and distorting the truth.

As you say, we have different views on the subject and I sincerely hope that you are right and I'm wrong for the sake of the club. Time will tell.

I have always thought that anything in inverted commas was a quote, but that is probably just a long standing misapprehension on my part, it is of no consequence.

We both want what's best for the club and only have different views as to how that can best achieved and that's a good thing. Independent thought always is.

My view is what will be will be, I doubt my way or you way will have any great influence on what is coming down the line.

I do think though that when our fate is known and the punishments meted out, that Hibs wont miss the opportunity to get their licks in to The Rangers over the way they have handled matters, I don't think Hibs ire will be confined to just The Rangers either, I suspect a few broadcasters and papers will also be left in no doubt as to Hibs displeasure.

We get nothing but grief from them anyway so its difficult to believe that our giving them it straight will worsen matters.

I just think it suits Hibs just now, now that the dust is settling to keep it low key and not give fuel to any flames to get the The Rangers bandwagon rolling again.

That's enough from me on this subject so over and out

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
23-06-2016, 10:15 PM
If every bloody Hun was hurled off a cliff onto jagged rocks and every Hibs pitch-invading hero was struck up a medal, it would solve the whole damn issue.

Too much irrelevant shilly-shallying.

Jack Hackett
23-06-2016, 10:21 PM
I have always thought that anything in inverted commas was a quote, but that is probably just a long standing misapprehension on my part, it is of no consequence.

We both want what's best for the club and only have different views as to how that can best achieved and that's a good thing. Independent thought always is.

My view is what will be will be, I doubt my way or you way will have any great influence on what is coming down the line.

I do think though that when our fate is known and the punishments meted out, that Hibs wont miss the opportunity to get their licks in to The Rangers over the way they have handled matters, I don't think Hibs ire will be confined to just The Rangers either, I suspect a few broadcasters and papers will also be left in no doubt as to Hibs displeasure.

We get nothing but grief from them anyway so its difficult to believe that our giving them it straight will worsen matters.

I just think it suits Hibs just now, now that the dust is settling to keep it low key and not give fuel to any flames to get the The Rangers bandwagon rolling again.

That's enough from me on this subject so over and out

GGTTH

Sorry bud....I put the 's around the word because I wanted to emphasise it. It would have been in italics, but I'm on the mobile on the Costa del Sol (just thought I'd throw that in to make you jealous :greengrin) and italics are a step too far when you're hot and sweaty.

Brizo
24-06-2016, 05:22 AM
We will be treated different unless we don't do the usual sit on our arse and accept it. No pressure at all from fans groups to any of the slanderous **** the media have published, nothing from the club defending the majority of us since te Huns statements. It's like we just accept it and a few on here go "hear hear" take the moral high ground and blame fans, just like them who took that winning goal in all different manner. I didn't run on the pitch but I don't blame the people that did for anything apart from a few who took it far too far. If I didn't have a family and it was ten years ago and if I didn't freeze in complete shock, sit on my seat and cry to the heavens I might have too but I can't condemn anyone that ran on the pitch as their mechanism when we won.

:agree:

Regarding your first point the sheer levels of hatred that comes from fans of The Rangers should anyone criticise them and the relationship between TRFC, Police Glasgow and wide swathes of all media, will make it extremely difficult for anyone from Hibs to be heard and for their safety to be guaranteed. The Hibs director who spoke out against the sectarian abuse suffered by Stubbsy at last Decembers Ibrox fixture was subjected to the most vile internet abuse. TRFC and Polis Glasgow did nothing about his original complaints or the subsequent abuse he received. Given that, maybe Hibs have decided to let justice run its course and I think that's possibly the wisest / safest course of action.

Regarding the running onto the pitch its more like 30 years for me :greengrin but yes I might have. Id like to think id have kept my on pitch activities to celebrating and not got involved in any of the hun goading. But I cant honestly guarantee back then that I wouldn't have. Thankfully age, being with family and two knackered knees ensured I stayed in the stands.

So that's why (and I know it will probably be an inflammatory thing to say on here) I feel some sympathy for daft young laddies who have been huckled and maybe had job prospects shattered. Yes they deserve to be punished and in these days of wall to wall cameras and camera phones they should have known that their bad behaviour wouldn't go unrecorded , but I still feel some sympathy. That sympathy doesn't extend to grown men who got involved with huns; they should have known better and should take any club and court punishments on the chin.