PDA

View Full Version : We'll support you evermore

KWJ
08-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Was this sung at the final?

While it was always a special occasion song, I rarely heard it sung in the mid-late 2000's early 10's before heading overseas and it seemed to be left for times of defiance rather than celebration.

I'm sure I mind it being belted out along with our own version of Walk On at epic matches like 6-2 and the Athens game. It's one of those that fills me with pride and knowing that through thick and thin, I'll always be a Hibee.

For all we've been through I think it's well worthy of a few renditions.

And you know, **** off Midlothian.

Allant1981
08-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Cant mind of it being sung at the final

Frazerbob
08-06-2016, 04:09 PM
More commonly sung when loosing a key game, final, relegation etc.

Smartie
08-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Was this sung at the final?

While it was always a special occasion song, I rarely heard it sung in the mid-late 2000's early 10's before heading overseas and it seemed to be left for times of defiance rather than celebration.

I'm sure I mind it being belted out along with our own version of Walk On at epic matches like 6-2 and the Athens game. It's one of those that fills me with pride and knowing that through thick and thin, I'll always be a Hibee.

For all we've been through I think it's well worthy of a few renditions.

And you know, **** off Midlothian.

I remember "You'll never walk alone" being sung at the playoff game against Airdrie in (?) 1997. Mainly on the bus to and from the game but also at the game.

Can't remember hearing it much before and I've never heard it since.

KWJ
08-06-2016, 04:18 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone has definitely been sung a few times at ER since then. I'm sure it was sung at both the 6-2 and Athens games, maybe against Rangers too.

Speeded up compared to Celtic/Liverpool with handclapping.

Not too fussed about that one although it was good to be a part of but I do love a bit of WSYE during games of high emotion.

bigwheel
08-06-2016, 04:20 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone has definitely been sung a few times at ER since then. I'm sure it was sung at both the 6-2 and Athens games, maybe against Rangers too.

Speeded up compared to Celtic/Liverpool with handclapping.

Not too fussed about that one although it was good to be a part of but I do love a bit of WSYE during games of high emotion.

can't remember it being sung at either of those games...are you sure?

KWJ
08-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Athens game more sure than the 6-2 but I'm certain I've been a part of it 2-5 times in the East in the 2000's.

Joe's ice cream
08-06-2016, 04:27 PM
It's a loosing song hence why not heard at the final

MyJo
08-06-2016, 04:33 PM
It was sung during the last 10 minutes of the scottish cup final we lost to Celtic.

SJM
08-06-2016, 04:42 PM
It's usually sang when we are getting horsed or in the roseburn. Can't ever mind it being sang when winning.