PDA

View Full Version : Lennon v Houston

G B Young
08-06-2016, 01:52 PM
What I feel Lennon will bring to Hibs is a harder edge. I really liked Stubbs but we too often retained a soft centre in games where we really just needed to roll the sleeves up and get the job done. That was especially true of games against Falkirk and I like to think Lennon will put Houston in his place during the forthcoming season. Houston will doubtless be bigging up the 'budget' chat to an even greater degree so it's time to show him that yes, a bigger budget DOES ensure a stronger team and make sure we dish out some solid beatings to the Bairns.

Scorrie
08-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Am looking forward to seeing Houston trying to noise up Lennon and Hibs!

Smartie
08-06-2016, 02:01 PM
The Falkirk fans really didn't like Stubbs.

Just wait until Lennon starts noising them up.

HibsNutter
08-06-2016, 02:05 PM
They surely can't carry the same amount of good fortune in games against us next season. Anyway, I think we will improve once again once Lennon is allowed to bring in his own players and we secure Hanlon and other key players. Think they'll weaken over the summer and while still being our greatest threat will not be able to match us.

SJM
08-06-2016, 02:06 PM
They are good friends.

Smartie
08-06-2016, 02:19 PM
They surely can't carry the same amount of good fortune in games against us next season. Anyway, I think we will improve once again once Lennon is allowed to bring in his own players and we secure Hanlon and other key players. Think they'll weaken over the summer and while still being our greatest threat will not be able to match us.

We need to improve to a level so that even if they do carry that much luck again it only means that they keep the score down a bit.

Bad luck happens.

Waxy
08-06-2016, 02:49 PM
They are good friends.
How do you know?

HibsNutter
08-06-2016, 02:52 PM
We need to improve to a level so that even if they do carry that much luck again it only means that they keep the score down a bit.

Bad luck happens.

I know, we should have been better, it's just unreal how much they've got away with this year. I'm sure we'll be streets ahead of them this year.

Onion
08-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Houston was not expecting to be playing Hibs next season when hus team of cloggers stole the PO semi. Wont be relishing meeting the SC Holders under Lennon😄

Joe Baker2
08-06-2016, 04:09 PM
We made it far too easy for Falkirk this season. They're due a pumping.

SJM
08-06-2016, 04:34 PM
How do you know?

It's been in the papers previously. Both when Houston took the Celtic scout job and when Lennon was being criticised for swearing.

Franck Stanton
08-06-2016, 05:57 PM
We made it far too easy for Falkirk this season. They're due a pumping.

​B I G Time.

Eyrie
08-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Houston trying to take on Lennon will be like a chihuahua having a go at Godzilla.

hibs0666
08-06-2016, 07:41 PM
How do you know?

Lennon told him at the same time he told him that he would never be hibs boss. :-)

Still Smiling
08-06-2016, 07:50 PM

Lot of good teams in the Championship next year including Dunfermline.

Col2
08-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Falkirk are an irrelevance now. A tin pot mickey mouse plastic pitch bunch of arse paper. ***** defence, OK midfield (about to be sold) and aging one dimension attack. We screwed up against them last season but won't happen again.

I expect 12 points in the 4 games we play and margin of 25 points by end of the season.

Borderhibbie76
08-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Lot of good teams in the Championship next year including Dunfermline.

Dont get all this chat about Dunfermline ffs they have been in league 1for 2 years they cannae be that good!!some on here talking about fhem as if they are Barcelona

California-Hibs
09-06-2016, 05:49 AM
Dont get all this chat about Dunfermline ffs they have been in league 1for 2 years they cannae be that good!!some on here talking about fhem as if they are Barcelona

Same here! Can't quite get my head around it either.

Paisley Hibby
09-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Falkirk are an irrelevance now. A tin pot mickey mouse plastic pitch bunch of arse paper. ***** defence, OK midfield (about to be sold) and aging one dimension attack. We screwed up against them last season but won't happen again.

I expect 12 points in the 4 games we play and margin of 25 points by end of the season.

Falkirk are a decent wee club and don't deserve this kind of bitter stuff. Yes, Houston is annoying but he's doing a great job and we could do with a bit more of getting in the faces of our rivals. With Lennon I'm sure we will.

GloryGlory
09-06-2016, 07:16 AM

A bit disrespectful, but re their defence I see that they have resigned McCracken. :greengrin

bigwheel
09-06-2016, 07:22 AM
Falkirk are a decent wee club and don't deserve this kind of bitter stuff. Yes, Houston is annoying but he's doing a great job and we could do with a bit more of getting in the faces of our rivals. With Lennon I'm sure we will.

I agree...from a footballing point of view it is great they were really difficult opponents ...much better than rolling teams over week after week...it's up to us to be better than them.

Houston however, has a nasty tone to him...not a fan...decent manager though.

s.a.m
09-06-2016, 07:39 AM

:agree: Got nothing against Falkirk. Other than Peter Houston, who I have got something against.

snedzuk
09-06-2016, 07:53 AM
A bit disrespectful, but re their defence I see that they have resigned McCracken. :greengrin

Phil?

DH1875
09-06-2016, 08:05 AM
:agree: Got nothing against Falkirk. Other than Peter Houston, who I have got something against.

How they looking for the season, they lost any of their decent players from last season?

Wilson
09-06-2016, 08:09 AM
How they looking for the season, they lost any of their decent players from last season?

They'd have to sign some first.

GloryGlory
09-06-2016, 08:09 AM

Blair Alston is away to St Johnstone.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Blair Alston is away to St Johnstone.

He will be a miss for them. Scored a few i believe.

Diclonius
09-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Having lived here for a couple years now Falkirk seem to have taken the "embarrassing gut-wrenching results" jinx from Hearts - the amount of times they've lucked out against us is unreal. The squad we should build this season should be a level of quality above Falkirk to the point where luck won't cut it any more and we'll win on far superior skill. Don't think I could take another year of being second best to that bloody team.

Dashing Bob S
09-06-2016, 12:27 PM

A little bit cruel and highly disrespectful to Falkirk.

And I loved every word of it.

Dashing Bob S
09-06-2016, 12:29 PM

Call it gut instinct but I reckon Sibbald could be off to ER to join the Lennonist revolution.

SJM
09-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Aye, their best midfielder to St Johnstone.