PDA

View Full Version : Most cringeworthy football songs/chants

08-06-2016, 12:26 PM
One that springs to mind immediately is the one we used to sing a good few years ago (thankfully not anymore), the "we believe that hibs will win" chant. Painfully cringeworthy, primary school pish lol.

"oh the hibees are gay" is another one.

Smartie
08-06-2016, 12:31 PM
I remember when Hearts used to play "Shout" by Lulu after they'd scored.

It was bad enough losing a derby goal at Tynecastle without having 14,000 gimpy sex offenders with 12 fingers dancing about to a horrendous tune in front of your face.

Speedy
08-06-2016, 12:32 PM
That's a GB tennis chant.

Mauled by the tigers is pretty cringy.

Diclonius
08-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Any time we went behind at Tynecastle and thought that incessantly singing about pedophiles somehow made the result okay.

Salt N Sauzee
08-06-2016, 12:41 PM
"When the Hearts went up to lift the Scottish cup, we behaved, we behaved"

No, that's not a joke, it actually exists. Seen it quoted a few times on twitter etc.

08-06-2016, 12:42 PM

No, that's not a joke, it actually exists. Seen it quoted a few times on twitter etc.

Oh my ****ing god :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

HibsNutter
08-06-2016, 12:43 PM

That would be up there with this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncG88Mym5TQ) if they were to sing that at the next derby.

SJM
08-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Any religious bigoted **** rangers sing or pretend Irish Celtic fans singing for their cause.

jockspanner
08-06-2016, 12:53 PM
That would be up there with this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncG88Mym5TQ) if they were to sing that at the next derby.
We hate fat joe and we hate fat joe,we hate fat joe and we hate fat joe,we hate fat joe and we hate fat joe, we are the fat joe haters !!!! Away to get a claw hammer to undo ma taes which are curling,as I remember how we would sing this joyously.

Diclonius
08-06-2016, 12:55 PM

It'll be great when they sing that at the next derby, given we'll know that the fact that they can't sing "we were there" any more is killing them inside.

Juice-Terry
08-06-2016, 01:06 PM
"Stubbsy, Stubbsy" - always did my tits in.
"Ole, ole, ole, ole (or whatver), we are the Hibees, and we're from Easter Road" - unbelievably pish.
I don't even like the Carnaval de Paris.

:tin hat:

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2016, 01:07 PM
"Stubbsy, Stubbsy" - always did my tits in.
"Ole, ole, ole, ole (or whatver), we are the Hibees, and we're from Easter Road" - unbelievably pish.
I don't even like the Carnaval de Paris.

:tin hat:

Maybe the football isn't for you :wink:

High-On-Hibs
08-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Despised the refugee song. Also the "Why don't you go home" song sung by the bigots.

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2016, 01:09 PM
it looks like their new one is going to be "Since 1902, you've won 1, skacel's won 2". Straw clutching at its absolute best. Plus worth reminding them that since 1902, we have ALSO won 2 :greengrin:wink:

Hope we get them in the cup so we can give them " scottish cup champions thats what we are" and even a wee verse of "when the hibs went up...." :flag:

Juice-Terry
08-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Maybe the football isn't for you :wink:

Love The Hibs. Love fitba. Love singing songs at the fitba. HATE those songs. :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Love The Hibs. Love fitba. Love singing songs at the fitba. HATE those songs. :aok:

Only joking with you buddy! :aok:

Have to say tho, on our bus home from Hampden, once we were back in Edinburgh, our bus went round the west of the city :wink: and we sang "we are the hibees and we're from Easter road" for a full 15 minutes and it was excellent :greengrin

SeanWilson
08-06-2016, 01:17 PM
i know its a fave of some but i cringe every time i hear that spirit in the sky song at ManUr.