PDA

View Full Version : NHC So, where are they playing next year then?

O'Rourke3
08-06-2016, 10:35 AM
From the BBC Gossip column this morning...

Two new clubs, Civil Service Strollers and Hawick Royal Albert, have been admitted to the Lowland league - which will now operate with 16 clubs. (Daily Record, print edition)

No East Stirling. Where are they playing their football next season, the Highland League? How are they getting back to League Football?

Pretty Boy
08-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Are East Stirling not automatically admitted as a relegated side?

I just assumed this was reporting that 2 new clubs had been admitted who were currently outwith the pyramid structure.

O'Rourke3
08-06-2016, 10:56 AM

I just assumed this was reporting that 2 new clubs had been admitted who were currently outwith the pyramid structure.

Had a wee look on the LL Website. Nothing on ES but news that Threave were resigning. Would have though they'd have something regarding ES as I'd assumed the same thing. Admittedly I'm not spending hours on the research but would have though that somewhere it would say exactly where they were playing next year is all.

Scorrie
08-06-2016, 11:14 AM

That was my take. More bad news for the East of Scotland league though. The Lowland League has taken lots of thier best teams. Wonder how sustainable the EoS is in the long term unless they can get new teams in

Waxy
08-06-2016, 11:16 AM
E Stirling twitter welcome Hawick and CSS to the lowland league.

Pretty Boy
08-06-2016, 11:17 AM
That was my take. More bad news for the East of Scotland league though. The Lowland League has taken lots of thier best teams. Wonder how sustainable the EoS is in the long term unless they can get new teams in
Spartans have just disbanded their EoS team as well I believe to focus all their resources on the Lowland League side.

Can't see the league lasting too much longer at this rate.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Waxy
08-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Maybe a lowland league division 2 coming up?

jgl07
08-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Didn't Hibs have a team in the East of Scotland League at one stage?

McSwanky
08-06-2016, 12:24 PM
15 clubs last season, Threave resign = 14.
Edinburgh City promoted, East Stirling relegated = 14.
CSS and Hawick join taking it up to 16.

I'll be interested to see how ES do in that league, I really think they'll struggle. It'll be a long time, if ever, before they are back in the 'big leagues' IMO.

Scorrie
08-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Didn't Hibs have a team in the East of Scotland League at one stage?

Aye we did about three seasons ago in EoS first division. Only played one season from what I recall

Scorrie
08-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Spartans have just disbanded their EoS team as well I believe to focus all their resources on the Lowland League side.

Can't see the league lasting too much longer at this rate.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Think you're right. Craigroyston off to the juniors as well. Wonder where that would leave Leith Athletic etc.

Jones28
08-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Aye we did about three seasons ago in EoS first division. Only played one season from what I recall

They did, the team was disbanded after we got relegated.

O'Rourke3
08-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Cheers All

Almost hijacking my own thread in that case. Say next season that Berwick Rangers lose to Brora in the P/O. Would BR go into the Highland League or would a team a bit further north swap?

I've never really got to grips with these regional leagues as you can't predict what happens over time :greengrin.

Waxy
08-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Cheers All

Almost hijacking my own thread in that case. Say next season that Berwick Rangers lose to Brora in the P/O. Would BR go into the Highland League or would a team a bit further north swap?

I've never really got to grips with these regional leagues as you can't predict what happens over time :greengrin.
Berwick would go lowland. Depends where the relegated team are from. South of Scotland would go lowland. North highland. Wonder if teams in the middle have the choice?