PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Dempster for selling Hibs to Lennon

G B Young
08-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Personally I think Rod Petrie has done a lot of good things for Hibs in terms of putting in place the infrastructure we have at the club but I don't feel he would have been the man to persuade a high calibre manager like Lennon that his next move should be to Easter Road. I've been hugely impressed by Leeann Dempster since she came to the club and the vibe around Hibs is night and day compared to two years ago. Her positivity is, I'm sure, reflected by the appointment of our new manager.

GreenArmyyy!
08-06-2016, 09:34 AM
I'll be much more gutted one day in the future when she decides to call time on us rather than any manager comings and goings.

hibsmad
08-06-2016, 10:17 AM
I'll be much more gutted one day in the future when she decides to call time on us rather than any manager comings and goings.

100% agree!

I genuinely didn't feel worried about us going forward after hearing the news that Stubbs was leaving. I feel more confident in what Leeann will do for our club than I have felt about any player or manager in the past.

Indeed she has already played a pivotal role in delivering the Scottish Cup.

Green Diet
08-06-2016, 10:22 AM
It feels like there is never a dull moment with hibs at the moment. We are living in interesting times. I find myself logging onto hibs related websites continuously awaiting the next instalment.

Welcome to Hibs NL. I hope you are an overwhelming success.

hibsmad
08-06-2016, 10:29 AM
It feels like there is never a dull moment with hibs at the moment. We are living in interesting times. I find myself logging onto hibs related websites continuously awaiting the next instalment.

Welcome to Hibs NL. I hope you are an overwhelming success.

Yep, I'm the same.

I do find myself wondering how different it could have been. Thank god we scored in injury time rather than concede!

I think Stubbs still would have left, we probably wouldn't have the budget to attract Lennon, and we'd be looking at 6k season ticket holders rather than aiming for 10k!

Once again, Sir David Gray, thank you! :not worth

Green Diet
08-06-2016, 10:42 AM
The interesting question now is how many extra season tickets will now be sold due to NL's appointment. Is 10k a little peesimistic. Can we reach for 12k???

:rolleyes:

chrisski33
08-06-2016, 11:01 AM
maybe Hibs didnt need to be sold to lennon but that knew what kinda club we are and wanted to be our manager?

Joe Baker2
08-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Personally I think Rod Petrie has done a lot of good things for Hibs in terms of putting in place the infrastructure we have at the club but I don't feel he would have been the man to persuade a high calibre manager like Lennon that his next move should be to Easter Road. I've been hugely impressed by Leeann Dempster since she came to the club and the vibe around Hibs is night and day compared to two years ago. Her positivity is, I'm sure, reflected by the appointment of our new manager.

totally agree!

Joe Baker2
08-06-2016, 11:03 AM
In Leeann we trust!

Joe Baker2
08-06-2016, 11:04 AM
The interesting question now is how many extra season tickets will now be sold due to NL's appointment. Is 10k a little peesimistic. Can we reach for 12k???

that's the spirit!!

hibsmad
08-06-2016, 11:11 AM
To be honest I think the 10k figure will already take into account some extra sales based on a high profile appointment (such as Lennon).

Would certainly be delighted if we could go up to 12k, but I would doubt it while we are in this league.

HibbySpurs
08-06-2016, 11:11 AM

This 100%. Well said sir.

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 11:14 AM
I hope leeann stays for a long time.

Michael
08-06-2016, 11:19 AM

10k is already optimistic, but achievable. If we manage that then it's a fantastic effort for a championship club.

IanFaeClerrie
08-06-2016, 11:19 AM
I hope leeann stays for a long time.

agree - she's the best thing to happen to our club in a long time

works awfy hard too

Sean1875
08-06-2016, 11:30 AM
10k is already optimistic, but achievable. If we manage that then it's a fantastic effort for a championship club.

definitely, 10k is probably more than Dundee Utd, Falkirk and the pars all put together

lyonhibs
08-06-2016, 11:36 AM
To be honest, especially after the parade scenes following the SC win, selling Hibs the club and the opportunity isn't something that someone who knows Scottish football should really need.

Right wage, assurances re: transfer budget, a personal connection between LD and Lennon and a proper look at the EM facilities and away we go, sign here please Neil is how it happened IMO .

LancashireHibby
08-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Hats off to Lennon for selling himself to Leeann, I say.

Wilson
08-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Hats off to Lennon for selling himself to Leeann, I say.

Hold on to your hats, I'll say.

KeithTheHibby
08-06-2016, 01:00 PM

Agreed. Although credit must be given to RP and the board at the time for having the foresight to change how the football club was being run by bringing in Leanne etc.