PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon announced new Hibs boss on BBC (merged)

FifeHibs
08-06-2016, 07:37 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36477421

Dashing Bob S
08-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Wasn't going to renew but will now. Welcome 'Lenny'.

High-On-Hibs
08-06-2016, 07:47 AM
If somebody had told me years ago that he was going to be the Hibs manager at some point, i'd have probably been raging. However, under the circumstances and with his credentials, i'm delighted with his appointment. If anybody can get us back up again, it's wee Neil.

Welcome to the Hibs family Mr Lennon. :flag:

As an added bonus, the blue side of my family will be absolutely steaming at the ears. :tee hee:

hfcnic
08-06-2016, 07:49 AM
I was unsure about this to begin with, however I think it boosts our chances of getting a few signings/loans that will be needed. Looking forward to the season beginning in a few weeks and getting back to watch the mighty hibs

HH81
08-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Would you not wait until it's on official site first? :confused:

Wilson
08-06-2016, 07:57 AM

Not really.

Scorrie
08-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Glasgow Herald also reporting it

MB62
08-06-2016, 08:05 AM
According to Forth one news at 9.00am :-(

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Yassssssss

DH1875
08-06-2016, 08:08 AM

Link isn't working.

Thecat23
08-06-2016, 08:08 AM

Why the sad face?

Mathias Jack
08-06-2016, 08:09 AM

If we did, we'd be waiting til about Friday to hear it officially. The club are normally about as quick as a week in Saughton!

Welcome Lenny! 💚

DH1875
08-06-2016, 08:10 AM

Why so sad?

ano hibby
08-06-2016, 08:12 AM
Terrific if confirmed. Welcome Neil.

High-On-Hibs
08-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Link isn't working.

FifeHibs
08-06-2016, 08:15 AM

Fair point, but it's all over the news, he would have more front than Brighton if he did a u turn now.

Ritchie
08-06-2016, 08:17 AM
*insert daffy duck gif here*

calumhibee1
08-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Yes. 👌🏼

Hibs90
08-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Same story on SSN just now

Waxy
08-06-2016, 08:20 AM
*insert daffy duck gif here*

Daffys away up to the strippers.

FifeHibs
08-06-2016, 08:21 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10307217/neil-lennon-named-hibernian-manager-on-wednesday

Fife-Hibee
08-06-2016, 08:21 AM
If somebody had told me years ago that he was going to be the Hibs manager at some point, i'd have probably been raging. However, under the circumstances and with his credentials, i'm delighted with his appointment. If anybody can get us back up again, it's wee Neil.

Welcome to the Hibs family Mr Lennon. :flag:

As an added bonus, the blue side of my family will be absolutely steaming at the ears. :tee hee:
Haha, no what you mean mate :) GGTTH

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Apparently will sign today so looks to be all signed sealed and delivered very soon

Hibbyradge
08-06-2016, 08:28 AM

I'm in a similar frame of mind.

I wasn't going to go to any games next season, but I'll probably take in a few now.

SlickShoes
08-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Seems like a good appointment, I trust Leeann with whatever appointment is made.

Still a bit baffled at how disappointed some folk seem to be, we are heading for year 3 in the second division of Scottish Football so i'm not exactly sure what type of candidate folk were expecting. Lennon like any manager could be a success or failure but he's a fairly high profile appointment and not the level of person I expected us to be looking at when Sir Alan left.

Enough said
08-06-2016, 08:35 AM

What was the reason for not renewing if you don't mind me asking?

The Pointer
08-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Not who I would have preferred but I trust Leeann to make the correct decision so he'll get my support.

Canon Hannan
08-06-2016, 08:38 AM

Well said Dashing Bob.

Great appointment who will fight for the club.

Hearts will have another reason to Seeth!!! hahahaha

JohnMcM
08-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Pleasing, very pleasing.:greengrin

hibeeleicester
08-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Hibernian Fc no longer push overs.

MB62
08-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Why so sad?

Don't like the man, that's why.
However, he is now the new manager of our football club so I suppose he will get my backing and hope he gets us promoted at (his) first time of asking.

pacoluna
08-06-2016, 08:42 AM
:greengrin:thumbsup::flag::scarf::tee hee::coolhib::partyhibb:clapper::aok::nanasplit:

GreenPJ
08-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Always glad to hear that people are renewing but what is the rationale for only doing it on the basis that Lennon (who in his last role effectively failed and was sacked) will be the new manager.

JimBHibees
08-06-2016, 08:45 AM
If true a huge show of intent by the club. Great appointment. :flag:

Golden Bear
08-06-2016, 08:46 AM
I disliked Lennon as a player and I disliked him as Celtic manager but he could be just what we need right now.

Welcome to the Hibernian family Neil, I'll raise a glass to your future success as our new Manager.

:flag:

gogsy23
08-06-2016, 08:51 AM
I am undecided, but has my backing and support. Now lets get some players signed up

Dalianwanda
08-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Proven winner - check
Ability to work under pressure - check
Ability to set up against a team who parks the bus - check
Nice person - personality open to individual perception (as is everyone's)
Proven winner - check

oneone73
08-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Proven winner - check
Nice person - personality open to individual perception (as is everyone's)
Proven winner - check
Your checks bounced.

JohnMcM
08-06-2016, 09:05 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/HibernianRetro/status/724478161354772480/photo/1

I bought my scarf in 1964. It's a bit more battered and worn than this replica and has seen many managers come and go. This time it is quite excited about our new manager.:flag:

PeeJay
Wish him all the best with our club. His experience and footballing links will surely benefit us - it'll be interesting to see if he can win the Championship with a lower budget than he has previously enjoyed in Scotland.

rcarter1
Welcome Neil!

I hope you enjoy your stay with the greater greens (:wink:)

:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
08-06-2016, 09:06 AM
I am undecided at the moment about Lennon but fully support Leeann Dempster and her decision making.

jacomo
08-06-2016, 09:11 AM
Welcome Neil.

You're ambitious, we're ambitious. Let's make it happen!

SJM
08-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Good luck to Lennon. I hope it works out.

High-On-Hibs
08-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Never realized how attractive this man was until now. :wink:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/6ntgkg.jpg

we are hibs
08-06-2016, 09:16 AM
I Wouldn't have cared if it was a butcher and Jeffries partnership. As long as we get up this season. i don't care if he's an absolute ******** as long as he does his job and gets us promoted this season.

tomhorn
08-06-2016, 09:24 AM
I disliked Lennon as a player and I disliked him as Celtic manager but he could be just what we need right now.

Welcome to the Hibernian family Neil, I'll raise a glass to your future success as our new Manager.

Agree. I really didn't like him as a player but I'm not wanting top be his best pal. Just want him to do well and I don't think we could have got a better manager at this time - his CV is beyond anything we should expect to attract to Hibs in second division. The cup runs and more importantly cup win has totally helped too no doubt.

ancient hibee
08-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Drawn at Ibrox in the cup,go there with Lennon as manager,Daily Record in meltdown,Govan explodes.Great.

Don Giovanni
08-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Is nobody 'underwhelmed' on here any more?

:dunno:

Lifting that Scottish Cup must have really changed the outlook on hibs.net

:devil:
:wink:

wookie70
08-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Welcome Neil, not sure how I feel as his record is mixed and he was working in different situations to what we are in. Lots of plus points though and a big name that could bring some good players in.

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Think we will see a few deals with Celtic for loans etc

High-On-Hibs
08-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Think we will see a few deals with Celtic for loans etc

Stokes. :pray:

GreenCastle
08-06-2016, 09:38 AM
The Huns and yams can't stand him and vice versa so hopefully he can get us promoted and rescue his reputation about the Bolton job.

Dr What If?
08-06-2016, 09:40 AM

When an opposition fan dislikes a player or a manager it is usually an admission that this guy can cause damage, i.e. they are bloody good. This is a far higher caliber of manager than I could have hoped for - delighted!

Northernhibee
08-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Ambition.

Steve20
08-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Always glad to hear that people are renewing but what is the rationale for only doing it on the basis that Lennon (who in his last role effectively failed and was sacked) will be the new manager.

People want the club to show ambition, maybe? This appointment certainly does that. I know people don't like it, but some people like to wait and see what a club does during the summer before deciding on buying season tickets. It'll be the same at a lot of clubs.

Delighted with this appointment. :flag:

snooky
08-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Even if Hibs signed Jose Mourinho as manager, I would still wait till he proved himself with results before getting too excited. But hey, that's just me. :greengrin

emerald green
08-06-2016, 09:46 AM
It's now more important than ever that the supporters also play their part in helping to get the club promoted next season.

By that, I mean the 2,000 or so season ticket holders who have still to renew do so as soon as possible. Not all of them will, or can, for various reasons. But surely the large majority of that 2,000 will be able to renew on the back of such a historic Scottish Cup win?

scoopyboy
08-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Drawn at Ibrox in the cup,go there with Lennon as manager,Daily Record in meltdown,Govan explodes.Great.

For the first time in my fifty years of supporting Hibs I now actually want us to be drawn at Ibrox in cup ties.

Dashing Bob S
08-06-2016, 09:47 AM
What was the reason for not renewing if you don't mind me asking?

With work and family commitments I don't think I'll get to enough games next season to make it worthwhile, and I'd resigned myself to being a walk-up fan.

However, the club has shown ambition and I feel should show my appreciation by renewing anyway.

Mikey09
08-06-2016, 09:48 AM
Seems like a good appointment, I trust Leeann with whatever appointment is made.

Still a bit baffled at how disappointed some folk seem to be, we are heading for year 3 in the second division of Scottish Football so i'm not exactly sure what type of candidate folk were expecting. Lennon like any manager could be a success or failure but he's a fairly high profile appointment and not the level of person I expected us to be looking at when Sir Alan left.

Wait till he draws or loses a game... They will go into meltdown mode!!!! :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2016, 09:49 AM
When/if officially confirmed, this move is evidence of a determination by the club to build upon the Scottish Cup win and get the club back in the SPL. Lennon is a big coup for Hibs, and he'll demand the squad win the league. His arrival may also convince some of the bigger players to stay at the club. Lennon must play his part ensuring he doesn't become the story rather than Hibs, but of course much is out of his control. We don't want a media circus, we need the focus to be upon winning promotion. There will be hatred towards him from the usual suspects, but we mustn't allow the inevitable to detract from the aim.

ronaldo7
08-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Fantastic signing by the club. Lets now go on and win this league.

Dashing Bob S
08-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Great stuff form Hibernian! Now let's go and win this bloody League and four cups into the bargain!*

*Petrified Cup with development squad only, please.

Jim44
08-06-2016, 10:11 AM
When/if officially confirmed, this move is evidence of a determination by the club to build upon the Scottish Cup win and get the club back in the SPL. Lennon is a big coup for Hibs, and he'll demand the squad win the league. His arrival may also convince some of the bigger players to stay at the club. Lennon must play his part ensuring he doesn't become the story, rather than Hibs, but of course much is out of his control. We don't want a media circus, we need the focus to be upon winning promotion. There will be hatred towards him from the usual suspects, but we mustn't allow the inevitable to detract from the aim.

You can almost smell and touch the seethe on KB and FF. It's going to be an interesting season.

Scooter
08-06-2016, 10:22 AM
On his official Facebook "hibs bring it on"

SteveHFC
08-06-2016, 10:24 AM
You can almost smell and touch the seethe on KB and FF. It's going to be an interesting season.

Hopefully we'll end up drawing one of them in the cup next season away. :agree:

lyonhibs
08-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Scarf above the head photo at ER or GTF :greengrin

High-On-Hibs
08-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Hopefully we'll end up drawing one of them in the cup next season away. :agree:

For his own safety, I hope not. Although, i'm sure any of the idiots that run onto the pitch to take a cheap shot will claim that they were only trying to "protect the players".

HibsNibs
08-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Not a fan of Lennon at all but let's hope I'm as wrong about him as I was about Butcher (thought he'd do well for us).

Lago
08-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Not who I would have preferred but I trust Leeann to make the correct decision so he'll get my support.
Who would you have preferred?

biotech
08-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Any managerial appointment has an element of risk, but could we really have expected anyone better? Lennon has drive, experience and ruthlessness the team requires. Also, his Celtic links could prove important with regards to loans, etc. Mr Stubbs benefited from this.

Good job landing him.

Scouse Hibee
08-06-2016, 10:53 AM
What a coup his appointment will be,the club has really shown their intention here make no mistake,one of if not our biggest ever signing.

tomf
08-06-2016, 11:15 AM
This is my first post since we won the cup and I would just like to say a huge thank you to Alan Stubbs for steering us to that historic victory. No decent Hibs fan could grudge him the opportunity to take his managerial career as far as it can go and I genuinely wish him every success with Rotherham although I don't see them playing in Europe any time soon and it might have been worth another year with Hibs to see if that might have opened up better opportunities for an ambitious young manager. However, with all that said, we all know the nature of football these days and so we have a new manager. I think Neil Lennon is a pretty shrewd appointment for Hibs. He has been a winner throughout his career and after his disappointment with Bolton I imagine he has a lot to prove and a real hunger to make his point. It is often said that you learn more from bad experiences and I believe that Hibs will benefit from a management team eager to win.

heretoday
08-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Amazing how our star has risen in the last month. Let's give some credit to the board I reckon.

EdinMike
08-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Not wanting to sound too much like a Debbie Downer I'll reserve judgement. (I was excited about Butcher. Nuff said)

But on paper it seems like a great appointment. Roll on the Europa League draw !

Carheenlea
08-06-2016, 11:25 AM
What a coup his appointment will be,the club has really shown their intention here make no mistake,one of if not our biggest ever signing.

Probably the highest profile managerial appointment in the clubs history. Eddie Turnbull coming from winning the Cup at Aberdeen might compare, but given Eddie's history there might have been s sense of inevitability that he would manage Hibs? A statement of intent, and an exciting one at that.

Greencore
08-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Welcome..... 'Neily' hated you as a player, hated you as celtc gaffer but will give you a chance at the mighty Hibees....

Hope everyone can get behind our new manager. Hope the board fully back him too.

Golden Bear
08-06-2016, 11:29 AM
This is my first post since we won the cup and I would just like to say a huge thank you to Alan Stubbs for steering us to that historic victory. No decent Hibs fan could grudge him the opportunity to take his managerial career as far as it can go and I genuinely wish him every success with Rotherham although I don't see them playing in Europe any time soon and it might have been worth another year with Hibs to see if that might have opened up better opportunities for an ambitious young manager. However, with all that said, we all know the nature of football these days and so we have a new manager. I think Neil Lennon is a pretty shrewd appointment for Hibs. He has been a winner throughout his career and after his disappointment with Bolton I imagine he has a lot to prove and a real hunger to make his point. It is often said that you learn more from bad experiences and I believe that Hibs will benefit from a management team eager to win.

Excellent post Sir.

hibeeleicester
08-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Still nothing on SSN. They are usually first ones down at EM/ER

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2016, 11:36 AM
I have to admit I don't think its an appointment that will get folk rushing out to buy season tickets .... more because of their perceptions of him as a person than his record as a manager .... I hope I'm wrong, the next few weeks will be interesting as far as that goes. Mind you ... if you don't want your club to be bland, boring and 'under the radar' then with this appointment Hibs are certainly rising to that challenge :greengrin

The biggest problem NL is going to have is that he will not be given any leeway to have a slow start, which might not have been the case with a Stubbs like appointment ... he will be expected to hit the ground running.

His biggest obvious advantage will be that there is no Hearts or Sevco in the league. Our biggest challenge on paper is Dundee Utd, but they have just been relegated, have a new manager ( though with championship experience ) and probably aren't much better off player wise than we were two seasons ago. Falkirk are probably the next biggest threat, but I just cant see them getting to kick off on the first day without having lost at least another two of their best players following the departure of Alston to St Johnstone .... failure to go up will have cost them just as much as it has us.

The biggest thing to remember is this:

Everybody is going on about the fact that we didn't win enough games last season with 7 draws and 8 defeats ... but when you look at the clubs we will be up against next season which one of them can realistically expect to go through the season doing any better than that, even Sevco who allegedly won the league at a canter in the end drew 6 and lost 5 .... IE only one draw and 3 wins better than us ... not a huge statistic over 36 games.

There is real reason to be optimistic IMO

Lago
08-06-2016, 11:41 AM
I have to admit I don't think its an appointment that will get folk rushing out to buy season tickets .... more because of their perceptions of him as a person than his record as a manager .... I hope I'm wrong, the next few weeks will be interesting as far as that goes. Mind you ... if you don't want your club to be bland, boring and 'under the radar' then with this appointment Hibs are certainly rising to that challenge :greengrin

The biggest problem NL is going to have is that he will not be given any leeway to have a slow start, which might not have been the case with a Stubbs like appointment ... he will be expected to hit the ground running.

His biggest obvious advantage will be that there is no Hearts or Sevco in the league. Our biggest challenge on paper is Dundee Utd, but they have just been relegated, have a new manager ( though with championship experience ) and probably aren't much better off player wise than we were two seasons ago. Falkirk are probably the next biggest threat, but I just cant see them getting to kick off on the first day without having lost at least another two of their best players following the departure of Alston to St Johnstone .... failure to go up will have cost them just as much as it has us.

The biggest thing to remember is this:

Everybody is going on about the fact that we didn't win enough games last season with 7 draws and 8 defeats ... but when you look at the clubs we will be up against next season which one of them can realistically expect to go through the season doing any better than that, even Sevco who allegedly won the league at a canter in the end drew 6 and lost 5 .... IE only one draw and 3 wins better than us ... not a huge statistic over 36 games.

There is real reason to be optimistic IMO
On the contrary I thing it will improve season ticket sales.

rcarter1
08-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Is nobody 'underwhelmed' on here any more?

:dunno:

Lifting that Scottish Cup must have really changed the outlook on hibs.net

:devil:

Defo not underwhelmed! Bold decisive appointment, really positive about this. :thumbsup:

The Scottish Cup glow will continue for sometime. (ie. Start of season!)

GreenCastle
08-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Still nothing on SSN. They are usually first ones down at EM/ER

Just been live from Easter Road and said he will sign contract later today.

Confirmed he will become the new manager and showed Lennon at the airport.

Welcome Neil Lennon !

Hibbyradge
08-06-2016, 11:45 AM
Welcome Neil Lennon !

Off to France, is he?

Just Jimmy
08-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Still holding my breath until hibs announce officially. Imagine we all expected lennon and hibs pulled a "Mowbray" moment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
08-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Still holding my breath until hibs announce officially. Imagine we all expected lennon and hibs pulled a "Mowbray" moment.

or it's Danny we're announcing as the new boss...

Vini1875
08-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Welcome Neil, I hope you can hit the ground running we need to get off to a flyer in all competitions. Keep the feel good factor going.

lyonhibs
08-06-2016, 11:51 AM
or it's Danny we're announcing as the new boss...

:tee hee::tee hee:

You're bad.

Since90+2
08-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Welcome Neil.

Lets shift more than 10K Season tickets and get the place rocking.

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2016, 12:09 PM
On the contrary I thing it will improve season ticket sales.

I hope you are right .... as I said, the next few weeks will be interesting on that front.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-06-2016, 12:22 PM

Who was it we were 'expecting" to get when we got Tony Mowbray?

Andy74
08-06-2016, 12:26 PM

Forget his name as he's done nowt since but some papers had the guy announced.

Harpandcastle
08-06-2016, 12:26 PM

Alan Kernaghan

Rasta_Hibs
08-06-2016, 12:37 PM

Great post!

Don Giovanni
08-06-2016, 12:41 PM

I admire your enthusiasm but surely you mean "biggest mangerial appointment"?

Neil Lennon doesn't come close to Best, Archibald or Sauzée.

ionahibby
08-06-2016, 12:52 PM
I still find it all a bit strange hibs haven't announced this officially if it really is a done deal? We might be getting ahead of ourselves just a bit.

steakbake
08-06-2016, 12:54 PM
I still find it all a bit strange hibs haven't announced this officially if it really is a done deal? We might be getting ahead of ourselves just a bit.

In true Broons style, I'm half expecting us all to pull our coats on to hot foot it round to ER, only to find it's Danny Lennon, not Neil Lennon... but no-one listened to The Bairn.

Waxy
08-06-2016, 12:55 PM
My missus owns a hibby too. Well thats what it feels like sometimes.

scooby
08-06-2016, 12:56 PM
In true Broons style, I'm half expecting us all to pull our coats on to hot foot it round to ER, only to find it's Danny Lennon, not Neil Lennon... but no-one listened to The Bairn.

Brilliant, spat my soup oot

KeithTheHibby
08-06-2016, 01:02 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:top marks

tomhorn
08-06-2016, 01:10 PM

hehe - classic !

heretoday
08-06-2016, 01:59 PM

Ha Ha! Or Aaron Lennon, having made a bold decision to go into management early.

Actually, he'd be really brilliant on the wing come to think of it!

Marco G
08-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Ha Ha! Or Aaron Lennon, having made a bold decision to go into management early.

Actually, he'd be really brilliant on the wing come to think of it!But only if he was a manager who played with wingers, or he would not select himself.

heretoday
08-06-2016, 03:55 PM
But only if he was a manager who played with wingers, or he would not select himself.

Well, I didn't say he would definitely be a player-manager.

But he would be good on the wing. Or even in midfield.

hibsbollah
08-06-2016, 04:02 PM

:agree:
Not forgetting the one where Paw (Petrie) accuses Maggie (the Hibs physio) of losing the key to the trophy cabinet somewhere in the but n Ben, only for Jeemie the moose to have had it all the time.

Keith_M
08-06-2016, 04:11 PM
IF Neil Lennon is appointed, it'll certainly be the end of any notion of Hibs being a soft touch, or too much Mr Nice Guy.

Believe me, that's something I'd welcome wholeheartedly.

Thecat23
08-06-2016, 04:17 PM
IF Neil Lennon is appointed, it'll certainly be the end of any notion of Hibs being a soft touch, or too much Mr Nice Guy.

Believe me, that's something I'd welcome wholeheartedly.

No "If's" he's our manager.

Brightside
08-06-2016, 04:19 PM

Unless hes just at HTC for a jog. 😂😂

Keith_M
08-06-2016, 04:19 PM

I'm not committing myself until it's on the Fishul Site, even if that's not until three weeks after his first game in charge

KWJ
08-06-2016, 04:21 PM
:agree:
Not forgetting the one where Paw (Petrie) accuses Maggie (the Hibs physio) of losing the key to the trophy cabinet somewhere in the but n Ben, only for Jeemie the moose to have had it all the time.

Ah, now you're crossing The Broons with Oor Wullie, an act very rarely done even by Dudley Watkins himself!

jgl07
08-06-2016, 04:25 PM
I admire your enthusiasm but surely you mean "biggest mangerial appointment"?

Neil Lennon doesn't come close to Best, Archibald or Sauzée.

I would hope not in the case of Best. Hibs are looking for promotion not relegation.

Thecat23
08-06-2016, 04:26 PM
I'm not committing myself until it's on the Fishul Site, even if that's not until three weeks after his first game in charge

😂👍🏼

DH1875
08-06-2016, 04:39 PM
So has this actually been confirmed by either the club or Lennon yet?

mim
08-06-2016, 04:40 PM

No

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 04:49 PM

Which makes me still cautious

s.a.m
08-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Jamie Borthwick ‏@jamiekborthwick 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick/status/740589150273961984) I'll be live from the Hibernian Training Centre on STV News at Six.

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2016, 05:09 PM
How long noo? My dinner is nearly ready.

Radium
08-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Apparently in the car, just left Glasgow, according to STV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Apparently in the car, just left Glasgow, according to STV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be there in good time then as long as they don't stop off at biggar

Waxy
08-06-2016, 05:40 PM
They'll be at Harthill services by now.

GreenArmyyy!
08-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Lennon is here at East mains! Just arrived in a black Porsche!

Jim44
08-06-2016, 05:54 PM

BBC saying he'll be introduced tomorrow.

Albanian Hibs
08-06-2016, 05:55 PM
SSN reporting he has just arrived at East Mains

LustForLeith
08-06-2016, 05:56 PM

Sk Sports reporting it. Get this Euro nonsense off and report on proper football Sky

The_Horde
08-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Tell me he's no brought feruz too?

JollyGreenGiant
08-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Neil Lennon has arrived at East Mains to complete a deal to make him the next Hibs manager. #FansNews

Topographic Hibby
08-06-2016, 06:04 PM
If he's pictured with The Scottish Cup, does he have to pay £25?

Has he got his #Persevered t-shirt and I've no got mine yet!! What about the Cup Winners bar scarf?

Don't even start me on the Lego Bus...........!!

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2016, 06:05 PM
If he's pictured with The Scottish Cup, does he have to pay £25?

Has he got his #Persevered t-shirt and I've no got mine yet!! What about the Cup Winners bar scarf?

Don't even start me on the Lego Bus...........!!

Unless he's singing Sunshine On Leith when he gets out of the car, he isn't a Hibs man. Lennon out :greengrin

matty_f
08-06-2016, 06:27 PM

Good post. :agree:

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Can't wait til the unveiling and hear what he has to say

snedzuk
08-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Tell me he's no brought feruz too?

so long as the Porsche isn't hairy we'll be fine

snedzuk
08-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Ah, now you're crossing The Broons with Oor Wullie, an act very rarely done even by Dudley Watkins himself!

Not in the spoof one that used to do the rounds including Oor Wullie and Daphne...

GreenArmyyy!
08-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Just been interviewed by Luke Shanley on Sky Sports at East Mains! No sign of anyone appearing yet apart from Tam McCourt to close the gates!

hibs0666
08-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Unless he's singing Sunshine On Leith when he gets out of the car, he isn't a Hibs man. Lennon out :greengrin

Apparently he's got a bit of Hampden turf in his back pocket.

Johnny Clash
08-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Lennon's appointment suggest we are going for glory!!

I must admit that I was dreading getting back into the SPL only to be a mediocre 'top flight' team with no great ambition. Declaring it a success to merely make the top six, as we have done in the past!

However the appointment of Neil Lennon plus the rumoured signings point to a vision that sees the full potential of our great club. Promotion will hopefully be the first phase of many!!

bringbackjoeT!!
08-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Perhaps it's not a done deal after all, Record now backtracking and saying there are some stumbling blocks in the way and nothing is signed

CRAZYHIBBY
08-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Lennon isn't coming....couldn't agree terms

bingo70
08-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Perhaps it's not a done deal after all, backtracking rag - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-leaves-hibs-meeting-8144631.amp?client=ms-android-hms-tef-gb#

Chris McLaughlin, bbc reporter, has tweeted Lennon is now officially the Hibs manager

Hiber-nation
08-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Not in the spoof one that used to do the rounds including Oor Wullie and Daphne...

Haha, I've still got that....:greengrin

matty_f
Chris McLaughlin, bbc reporter, has tweeted Lennon is now officially the Hibs manager

Few press folk saying Hibs have confirmed it now.

Sergey

Have you been sniffing glue?

ManBearPig
08-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Interesting twists and turns here surely this is far enough down the line of no going back!

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 09:05 PM

You crazy!

ManBearPig
08-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Daily ranger back tracking now saying confirmed as manager!!

stokesmessiah
08-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Being confirmed everywhere on Twitter now.

ManBearPig
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-confirm-neil-lennon-new-8144088#LJ03Iy6yEu7tlmLV.97

Hiber-nation
Confirmed - welcome Neil!! http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6556

Glory Lurker
Press reports count for nothing. It ain't over until Hibs announce it. Not saying it's not happening (I know nothing), but Hibs will decide when it has!

Topographic Hibby
It's official

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6556

Glory Lurker
It's official

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6556

Telt youse! :greengrin

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Fantastic to see on the official site and a two year deal. Welcome to Hibernian Neil!!

fulshie
08-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Interesting twists and turns here surely this is far enough down the line of no going back!Its Hibs! I wouldn't bet on it but, I agree with you. :agree:

ManBearPig
08-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Welcome to hibs sir only one obejective league champions!!! Also if you can keep that shiney cup it would be great!! GGTTH

mim
08-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the greater greens, Neil.
Good luck :thumbsup:

LancsHibs
08-06-2016, 09:12 PM
All confirmed:thumbsup:Gtrat news

J-C
08-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Well I'm delighted to see him here, a proven winner, a good coach and will offer that bit of steel and strong mentality our team has lacked for a while, the players will play for him but he won't suffer slackers, onwards and upwards. :flag:

Ronster117
08-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the Hibernian family Neil. GGTTH

CRAZYHIBBY
08-06-2016, 09:23 PM
You crazy!

Lol sky sports said it

Time For Heroes
08-06-2016, 09:24 PM
Brilliant news

WhileTheChief..
08-06-2016, 09:58 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10308024/former-celtic-boss-neil-lennon-named-head-coach-of-hibernian

(http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10308024/former-celtic-boss-neil-lennon-named-head-coach-of-hibernian)Not a video but brief interview with the man.