PDA

View Full Version : Kuqi -Port Vale

Time For Heroes
07-06-2016, 02:42 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36463457

Time For Heroes
07-06-2016, 02:43 AM
Former Finland striker Shefki Kuqi is the leading contender for the manager's job at League One side Port Vale, reports BBC Radio Stoke.

The 39-year-old, who won 62 caps, has managed in Finland since his long playing career ended in Scotland at Hibernian in 2013.

After a spell at FC Honka, he is currently in charge at PK-35 Vantaa, who are bottom of the Veikkausliiga.

Vale have been without a manager since Rob Page left to join Northampton Town.

Shefki Kuqi's trademark as a player was his exuberant swallow dive after scoring a goal
Shefki Kuqi's trademark as a player was his exuberant swallow dive after scoring a goal
Aside from a brief trial with Wolves under Colin Lee, Kosovo-born Kuqi's long career in Britain started at Stockport County in January 2001.

He scored 114 goals in 438 appearances for the Hatters, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Blackburn, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Swansea, Derby, Newcastle, Oldham and Hibernian.

No way, Jose

Port Vale had been strongly linked with Portuguese Jose Morais, 50, who was part of Jose Mourinho's backroom team at Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Morais was made favourite by leading bookmakers to take over from Page.

But he has now slipped to second favourite behind Kuqi - and BBC Radio Stoke have now been advised that he is unlikely to get the job.

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2016, 02:58 AM
Good luck to him

blaikie
07-06-2016, 03:07 AM
Strange signing that didn't work out for us, but good luck to him. I'm sure he started his coaching career at Hibs when Fenlon realised he was past it?

Green Man
07-06-2016, 07:08 AM
Strange signing that didn't work out for us, but good luck to him. I'm sure he started his coaching career at Hibs when Fenlon realised he was past it?

Didn't work out as a player for us but he was supposedly a great influence in the dressing room and in training. Sounds like he's got the makings of a good coach.

O'Rourke3
07-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Shefki was at my table on sponsors night in 2012. Clear then he had a lot of ideas about how the game should be played and how players looked after themselves. lovely guy too. Just didnt work here.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

LustForLeith
07-06-2016, 04:10 PM
FC Honka. Great name for a team

Michael
07-06-2016, 04:52 PM
All I wanted was one swan dive. :boo hoo:

Just Alf
07-06-2016, 04:58 PM
I really felt for.him in one game... standing free on the penalty spot and Griffiths (?) Took the shot instead of passing it across and beat the keeper but hit the side netting... oh well :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

SonOfDavidFrancey
07-06-2016, 11:12 PM

Swallow dive surely. A swan dive would see him sticking the head in the mud.