PDA

View Full Version : Question Are you one of the 2000 season ticket holders that hasn't renewed?

RoxburghHibs
06-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Are you one of the 2000 season ticket holders that hasn't renewed from last season? If so which of the above options best applies to you?

Super_JMcGinn
06-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Are you one of the 2000 season ticket holders that hasn't renewed from last season? If so which of the above options best applies to you?
I renewed plus 1 other on the back of our cup win, and he's not even a Hibby, go figure eh.

RoxburghHibs
06-06-2016, 06:47 PM
I renewed plus 1 other on the back of our cup win, and he's not even a Hibby, go figure eh.

Good stuff :flag:

O'Rourke3
06-06-2016, 06:50 PM
There's no "No". So we can feel like Uberfans.....

Billy Whizz
06-06-2016, 06:56 PM

Don't think this is the sort of way to talk to a fellow poster

BSEJVT
06-06-2016, 07:00 PM
I would be astonished if its as many as 2000 who don't renew

Having said that when we bought our Season Tickets after a few years away there were a few "greens" denoting current season ticket holders who had not renewed on the map.

I wouldn't have put it at 2000 though

Its been an expensive time to be a Hibby and I would guess that as the season draws closer many will renew, albeit they will have lost their existing seats

Ronniekirk
06-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Last year it was reported by the club at start of season we had 1,000 new S T holders but a 1,000 existing holders hadn't renewed so disappointing if that has now risen to 2,000
But as has been said a third season in Championship is something no one wanted so we will do well to teach Target set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Last year it was reported by the club at start of season we had 1,000 new S T holders but a 1,000 existing holders hadn't renewed so disappointing if that has now risen to 2,000
But as has been said a third season in Championship is something no one wanted so we will do well to teach Target set

So folk can't be bothered watching Hibs in a lower division, but 150k wanted to be at parade.....Brilliant.....

stoneyburn hibs
06-06-2016, 07:24 PM
My son and I are in this group that haven't renewed. He's just started a new job which will probably involve a number of Saturday's, and the boy said he'd rather earn. He's told me to go myself !
I'll get him on board before the seat renewal deadline.

H18 SFR
06-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Waiting to see who the manager is, who we sign and what the loyalty scheme entails.

Ozyhibby
06-06-2016, 07:38 PM
So folk can't be bothered watching Hibs in a lower division, but 150k wanted to be at parade.....Brilliant.....

Maybe they are intending pay at the gate?

KWJ
06-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Will be home in July and going as a pay at gate. See what sort of job I get and if I know I'll be around for a while then I'll get a half ST.

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Maybe they are intending pay at the gate?

hmmmmmmm

Ronniekirk
06-06-2016, 07:40 PM

Its not Brilliant , but think we need to aim for the 10,000 and maybe new Head Coach appointment and some signings will push us over our Target
People will always come out to celebrate success but getting some of these same people along regularly is always a different proposition for all the reasons rehearsed on previous threads about attendances

RoxburghHibs
06-06-2016, 07:41 PM
I would be astonished if its as many as 2000 who don't renew

Having said that when we bought our Season Tickets after a few years away there were a few "greens" denoting current season ticket holders who had not renewed on the map.

I wouldn't have put it at 2000 though

Its been an expensive time to be a Hibby and I would guess that as the season draws closer many will renew, albeit they will have lost their existing seats

As it stands 2000 haven't renewed according to Leeann..

"As things stand, we have almost 8,000 season ticket supporters for next season – an encouraging total for this time of the year, This means however that over 2,000 season ticket holders from last season have still to renew and that we have over 1,000 new season ticket holders. "

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Its not Brilliant , but think we need to aim for the 10,000 and maybe new Head Coach appointment and some signings will push us over our Target
People will always come out to celebrate success but getting some of these same people along regularly is always a different proposition for all the reasons rehearsed on previous threads about attendances

I wasn't having a go at you, was just quoting post.:aok:

If we can't get 10,000 after winning the SC, then God knows what Hibs need to do........

Caveat (If people work, or can't afford to commit, that is entirely different, I am talking about those who CHOOSE not to go, because they can't be bothered)

Hibs90
06-06-2016, 07:44 PM
If I didn't work most Saturday's I'd quite happily get a season ticket. Just can't justify the outlay.

lord bunberry
06-06-2016, 07:47 PM
I've not decided whether to renew or not yet. I missed around 8 home games last season due to the constant moving of games from a Saturday. I don't buy a season ticket for it to be value for money, but when we have games being moved because we have a player in the Scotland under 19 team that would never have played anyway I have to wonder if it's worth it. It cost me around £800 for my 3 season tickets last season and I can't justify that sort of outlay when they aren't being used. If I don't get them I will pay at the gate.

Mr White
06-06-2016, 07:53 PM
I've not decided whether to renew or not yet. I missed around 8 home games last season due to the constant moving of games from a Saturday. I don't buy a season ticket for it to be value for money, but when we have games being moved because we have a player in the Scotland under 19 team that would never have played anyway I have to wonder if it's worth it. It cost me around £800 for my 3 season tickets last season and I can't justify that sort of outlay when they aren't being used. If I don't get them I will pay at the gate.

Just out of interest LB are you in the ff lower?

PISTOL1875
06-06-2016, 07:55 PM
At the minute I have not renewed for the simple fact that I could not stomach another season of HIbs struggling to break down crap oppostion who have no interest in taking a game to us... Also Stubbs's tactics of chucking players out there ' hoping ' that they would break opponents down with no plan B or tactical alternation to change a game not visible... With Stubbs now away I will attend pre-season matches and see how the new manager sets-up his team, the tempo of which he plays at and if he has a visible plan B before deciding...

Also the price is another thing... Going on £400 to spend on a season ticket which inturn works out at around £22 a game to watch pub teams doesn't appeal to me at all.. HIbs made a total ar5e of the pricing issue in my mind.. How could they release season tickets without even knowing what league we were going to be in next season ???

lord bunberry
06-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Just out of interest LB are you in the ff lower?
No I'm in the east. I was in the ff lower 2 seasons ago.

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2016, 08:02 PM
I really couldn't be ersed not renewing.It was far easier to renew :-)

Enough said
[QUOTE=PISTOL1875;4721990]At the minute I have not renewed for the simple fact that I could not stomach another season of HIbs struggling to break down crap oppostion who have no interest in taking a game to us... Also Stubbs's tactics of chucking players out there ' hoping ' that they would break opponents down with no plan B or tactical alternation to change a game not visible... With Stubbs now away I will attend pre-season matches and see how the new manager sets-up his team, the tempo of which he plays at and if he has a visible plan B before deciding...a

Also the price is another thing... Going on £400 to spend on a season ticket which inturn works out at around £22 a game to watch pub teams doesn't appeal to me at all.. HIbs made a total ar5e of the pricing issue in my mind.. How could they release season tickets without even knowing what league we were going to be in next season ? Are you not a fan no matter what league we are in?

Mr White
No I'm in the east. I was in the ff lower 2 seasons ago.

Ah ok no worries :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2016, 08:03 PM
I really couldn't be ersed not renewing.It was far easuer to renew :-)

:top marks

PISTOL1875
06-06-2016, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=PISTOL1875;4721990]At the minute I have not renewed for the simple fact that I could not stomach another season of HIbs struggling to break down crap oppostion who have no interest in taking a game to us... Also Stubbs's tactics of chucking players out there ' hoping ' that they would break opponents down with no plan B or tactical alternation to change a game not visible... With Stubbs now away I will attend pre-season matches and see how the new manager sets-up his team, the tempo of which he plays at and if he has a visible plan B before deciding...a

Also the price is another thing... Going on £400 to spend on a season ticket which inturn works out at around £22 a game to watch pub teams doesn't appeal to me at all.. HIbs made a total ar5e of the pricing issue in my mind.. How could they release season tickets without even knowing what league we were going to be in next season ? Are you not a fan no matter what league we are in?

Of course I am a fan no matter what league we are in BUT just because I am having second thoughts about renewing my season ticket doesn't make me any less of a fan like yourself or any other Hibby...

Are you gonna call me a yam now ??

h1bee123
06-06-2016, 08:10 PM
If I didn't live 350 miles, I would buy a season ticket straight away! I reckon I will probably make it to 6-7 home games. I wish there was a system where I could pre-pay for 10 games per season at a set value which was cheaper than paying as I go but more expensive than season ticket per game. I understand the reason not for having this system as some people may go for this rather than a season ticket.

Just out of curiosity what is the price per game for an adult season ticket (say in the East)?

mim
06-06-2016, 08:10 PM
My son and I are in this group that haven't renewed. He's just started a new job which will probably involve a number of Saturday's, and the boy said he'd rather earn. He's told me to go myself !
I'll get him on board before the seat renewal deadline.

:aok:

QMU-1875
06-06-2016, 08:14 PM
I've not renewed as moving to Dublin. Genuinely considering getting one and travelling over but just can't imagine it's worth the effort/cost...

MWHIBBIES
06-06-2016, 08:18 PM
At the minute I have not renewed for the simple fact that I could not stomach another season of HIbs struggling to break down crap oppostion who have no interest in taking a game to us... Also Stubbs's tactics of chucking players out there ' hoping ' that they would break opponents down with no plan B or tactical alternation to change a game not visible... With Stubbs now away I will attend pre-season matches and see how the new manager sets-up his team, the tempo of which he plays at and if he has a visible plan B before deciding...

Also the price is another thing... Going on £400 to spend on a season ticket which inturn works out at around £22 a game to watch pub teams doesn't appeal to me at all.. HIbs made a total ar5e of the pricing issue in my mind.. How could they release season tickets without even knowing what league we were going to be in next season ???Luckily for you this didn't happen then.

If we are talking about home games (the games that the season ticket covers) then we only lost twice and didn't score once. Stubbs tactics were pretty ****ing good at breaking teams down at home.

25 home games played in all comps - won 18, drew 5, lost 2

Hibs90
06-06-2016, 08:20 PM
If I didn't live 350 miles, I would buy a season ticket straight away! I reckon I will probably make it to 6-7 home games. I wish there was a system where I could pre-pay for 10 games per season at a set value which was cheaper than paying as I go but more expensive than season ticket per game. I understand the reason not for having this system as some people may go for this rather than a season ticket.

Just out of curiosity what is the price per game for an adult season ticket (say in the East)?
About 90p cheaper than If you were a walk up.

ALF TUPPER
06-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Not renewed. Might do . Don't know yet. Bags of time to decide 😊

StevieCowan
06-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Luckily for you this didn't happen then.

If we are talking about home games (the games that the season ticket covers) then we only lost twice and didn't score once. Stubbs tactics were pretty ****ing good at breaking teams down at home.

25 home games played in all comps - won 18, drew 5, lost 2

That blows that theory out of the water!

Alfred E Newman
06-06-2016, 08:41 PM
If we have sold 8000 and we had 7000 last season and 2000 haven't renewed yet then must mean we have 3000 new season ticket holders. If we assume that half of the 2000 do renew eventually then that is a terrific response.

Enough said
06-06-2016, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Enough said;4721997]

Of course I am a fan no matter what league we are in BUT just because I am having second thoughts about renewing my season ticket doesn't make me any less of a fan like yourself or any other Hibby...

Are you gonna call me a yam now ?? I wouldn't do that mate. I have renewed and I will keep doing do no matter league we are in

Ronniekirk
06-06-2016, 08:47 PM

If we can't get 10,000 after winning the SC, then God knows what Hibs need to do........

Caveat (If people work, or can't afford to commit, that is entirely different, I am talking about those who CHOOSE not to go, because they can't be bothered)

I didn't think you were having a go at me and for what its worth i i want to see as many season tickets sold as we can given our circumstances

Seven up
06-06-2016, 08:51 PM
My 2 boys and I will be renewing on 18th...(pay day) Famous 5 again...really enjoyed last year. No matter who we get in as Boss We'll be there again supporting the Scottish Cup winners 2016 GGTTH

bingo70
06-06-2016, 08:57 PM
That blows that theory out of the water!

I think we did struggle to break teams down, those stats suggest we managed it most weeks but it was a struggle and more often than not it was pretty dull narrow victories against some dreadful sides.

I'm sure the poster in question can answer for themselves but I think a lot of people are looking for us to start turning teams over more this season and scoring a lot more goals.

HibsNutter
06-06-2016, 09:01 PM
The more we sell, the more funds for the manager and more chance of more memories like 21/22nd of May, we want more of that, right?

If you can afford it, please do it.

Malthibby
06-06-2016, 09:03 PM

Was it not Tennyson or similar who said 'who but an erse woulds'not renew but for vainglorious anthena? '
I have had a half bottle of Ricard admittedly but basically IF you can afford it get yer ticket and pack in the whining.
we have a league to win and the boys need our backing.
gg

The Modfather
06-06-2016, 09:20 PM
I've not got round to renewing, but will do so this week.

However, before the cup win I had decided I wasn't going to renew. Finances aren't an issue, but the price was. I now look for value for my money, and more importantly time, and £400 odd for the championship is not value for money in my eyes. I think £400 is overpriced for the SPL, albeit that is easier to justify.

As it was, after the cup win I was (and still am) so euphoric I thought the club deserved my renewal despite my misgivings. I was even happy to give Stubbs more time, having previously wanted him out from before the playoffs, and was willing to get behind him despite the shortcomings I felt he had.

Hopefully the high we are all still on extends into a quick start this season and we win the league comfortably and begin to gather some real momentum as a club.

greenginger
06-06-2016, 09:20 PM
If we have sold 8000 and we had 7000 last season and 2000 haven't renewed yet then must mean we have 3000 new season ticket holders. If we assume that half of the 2000 do renew eventually then that is a terrific response.

Leann says 1000 new seasons, so it must be 9000 last year with 2000 to renew and the 1000 newbies making the 8000.

I have had a look on the season ticket site and these figures should mean about 7000 green dots in the stadium. It does not look like there are that many but I have not counted them all.

Is there a compulsive green dot counter logged on tonight ? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
06-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Cue a list of people replying to this after completely ignoring your point and having a go at you for criticising those who can't afford to go to games!

PS-I totally agree with you.

Criswell
06-06-2016, 09:32 PM
I haven't renewed yet but will toddle along to ER sometime this week and do the deed.

#FromTheCapital
06-06-2016, 09:35 PM
I'll be buying a season ticket for the first time in 3 years. Probably won't have the funds until next month though.

StevieH
06-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Will be renewing 3 in the next week or so, just haven't had the time to do the deed yet. Wasn't going to renew, but after the Scottish cup win definitely am. Hope we can get the number up to 10k and give whoever the new manager is as much financial and vocal support as we can ( and that the club deserve after 21/5/16).

JOD
06-06-2016, 10:03 PM
I am saving up my pension money as we speak to buy my season again since the Butcher debacle.

Hey Ho I m still celebrating but I'll get there in in the end.

Lenny will be icing on the cake.

tanfield
06-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Will be renewing 4 tickets this week

hibs69
06-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Long story short, MRI scan revealed dodgy discs in neck so can't use mountain bike anymore........ Selling that, (anyone interested?)....... And using that cash towards renewing.

Probably kicked oot for selling stuff.
Scott Aspect, medium frame, 27 gear, three months old, used twice due to neck issues whilst using the thing. Come on ya bstds, it the HAH scheme. Help a Hibee

Jamesie
06-06-2016, 10:35 PM
It's been said before but the season ticket model is probably bust, particularly for fans looking for value for money. We played only ten league games at home on Saturdays at 3pm last season, and only two in 2016 - not great news for half season ticket holders. That said, if Lennon gets the manager's gig it will be interesting to see what kind of a bounce in season ticket sales that creates.

DTS
06-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Had a season ticket since I was 7 work most Saturday's and have done for the last 3 years but still renew in the early bird window every season, will never see the day where I don't have a season ticket for Easter road

HappyAsHellas
06-06-2016, 10:58 PM
3 new ST's this season for us. Having to work Sundays means I'll probably miss a few, but the time is right to really back the club now - everything they said they were trying to achieve they have done and I can't remember the last time I felt so confident about the up and coming season.

NAE NOOKIE
06-06-2016, 11:08 PM
With no Sevco or Yams in the league I'm guessing we will have a lot more Saturday 3pm kick offs than the last two years ... for folk who are bummed about kick offs getting rearranged all the time that should be a bonus :aok:

monktonharp
06-06-2016, 11:28 PM
I've not got round to renewing, but will do so this week.

However, before the cup win I had decided I wasn't going to renew. Finances aren't an issue, but the price was. I now look for value for my money, and more importantly time, and £400 odd for the championship is not value for money in my eyes. I think £400 is overpriced for the SPL, albeit that is easier to justify.

As it was, after the cup win I was (and still am) so euphoric I thought the club deserved my renewal despite my misgivings. I was even happy to give Stubbs more time, having previously wanted him out from before the playoffs, and was willing to get behind him despite the shortcomings I felt he had.

Hopefully the high we are all still on extends into a quick start this season and we win the league comfortably and begin to gather some real momentum as a club.

your first phrase has got me a tad confused. finance=not an issue. cost= big issue .why so? is it a principle thing wi' you? I renewed, for a couple of reasons. 1 = had to make sure my son got to the final. 2 = wanted to put money in, to the club I love. 3. not likely to make it to every home game, as I take jobs whenever they come in, but I am determined to put something in to Hibernian fc because I have been a supporter for 47 years and I love going. :rolleyes:

RoxburghHibs
07-06-2016, 06:36 AM
Long story short, MRI scan revealed dodgy discs in neck so can't use mountain bike anymore........ Selling that, (anyone interested?)....... And using that cash towards renewing.

Probably kicked oot for selling stuff.
Scott Aspect, medium frame, 27 gear, three months old, used twice due to neck issues whilst using the thing. Come on ya bstds, it the HAH scheme. Help a Hibee

Hmmm how much you wanting?

Greendeal
07-06-2016, 07:23 AM
Major issue for me is that last season I couldn't get to 5 games so had to offer my ticket to someone else or it went unused. On the issue of pricing, a West Ham season ticket at the Olympic Stadium next season started at £289. Incredible to think that 1st division football in Scotland £90 costs more than that!

I'll pay at the gate or get a Half ST, I wont get to sit with my group (who have all renewed) but I'll still be there whenever I can.

The Modfather
07-06-2016, 07:32 AM
your first phrase has got me a tad confused. finance=not an issue. cost= big issue .why so? is it a principle thing wi' you? I renewed, for a couple of reasons. 1 = had to make sure my son got to the final. 2 = wanted to put money in, to the club I love. 3. not likely to make it to every home game, as I take jobs whenever they come in, but I am determined to put something in to Hibernian fc because I have been a supporter for 47 years and I love going. :rolleyes:

I only speak for myself, but yes, value for money is more an issue for me than affordability.

I used to go almost religiously in my teens/early twenties. I drifted away in my mid twenties, and only now beginning to come back on a semi regular basis the last few years. I don't know that I will ever have the same unwavering loyalty that I did in my teens/early twenties. I now prize my time as much as looking for value for money in all things. Football isn't as important to me as it once used to be.

In saying all that, THE cup win made me feel euphoric to such a degree that it's hard not to renew despite my misgivings. There's also a former season ticket holder who has dropped off the Hibs radar the last 5 years who is also getting a season ticket again. Here's hoping the cup win is the start of a long and sustained upward curve. :agree:

Cauld Bovril
07-06-2016, 07:46 AM
I'm gutted not to be renewing for my son and me but we just don't have the money this year. We'll get to some games and hopefully get half season tickets in December.
The wee man just got himself an East Terrace Stone with the last of his birthday money so we'll be using that as an excuse to get to a least one game to see it :greengrin

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 08:13 AM
I'm gutted not to be renewing for my son and me but we just don't have the money this year. We'll get to some games and hopefully get half season tickets in December.
The wee man just got himself an East Terrace Stone with the last of his birthday money so we'll be using that as an excuse to get to a least one game to see it :greengrin

Can't be helped mate football is an expensive business these days

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Major issue for me is that last season I couldn't get to 5 games so had to offer my ticket to someone else or it went unused. On the issue of pricing, a West Ham season ticket at the Olympic Stadium next season started at £289. Incredible to think that 1st division football in Scotland £90 costs more than that!

I'll pay at the gate or get a Half ST, I wont get to sit with my group (who have all renewed) but I'll still be there whenever I can.

I'm sure we could charge that for a season ticket too if we were renting our stadium for next to nothing and were getting hundreds of millions a year in tv revenue.

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2016, 08:35 AM

Same. If I didnt renew, the missus would find something else for me to do before I had the chance to buy a ticket. At least this arranges my weekends for me beforehand :greengrin

GreensesArab
07-06-2016, 09:59 AM

I can understand your views regarding another season in the second tier as I felt the same. And I was adamant I wouldn't renew on the journey home following our play off exit at Falkirk. But you know what? That Cup Final has changed everything! In one match we buried the hoodoo that had become a sick joke, we cast aside the 'under achiever' tag, and 'hibsing it' now means coming from behind as underdogs, holding your nerve and emerging victorious to claim the glory. As a result I'm absolutely hyper about the new season ahead! I haven't felt like this for about half a decade. So, to answer your last point, I go to see Hibs, not the opposition and this forthcoming season we can storm this league and I envisage many afternoons going home happy.

omalley50
07-06-2016, 10:31 AM
My two boys and myself just renewed,why change the habits of a lifetime.
Have sympathy with those pondering though.
Myself, I miss a few due to work and golf,however it is done and I cannot wait for the season to start.

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2016, 10:42 AM
I renewed back in March/April, but the apathy I felt after the Falkirk 2nd leg was horrible. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't talking about returning my ST or anything like that, but it put me in a real slump football wise in the run up to the cup final, and if I hadn't renewed, I would maybe have been questioning it slightly (I know I would've done it in the end anyway tho, as when the new season started I couldnt bear to be away from ER on a matchday). But its amazing what a difference one single 90 minute match makes. I now cannot wait for the season to start. Whoever the manager is I'm looking forward to hearing his opening interview, to seeing what players we bring in, to see who we'll be playing in Europe, to see who we'll play on the opening & closing day of the season and around christmas time. I can't wait to see the new strip and see what other cup final merchandise the club bring out.

We might be in this league, but Hibs have shown that we are paying Premiership prices because we want to attract Premiership quality players and managers. Yes we didn't get promoted, but we showed that these players are at the right level by beating ICT, Hearts, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Rangers. No matter what you think of his management abilities, the club are now showing ambition in going for Neil Lennon, and that is what excites me. :flag:

Dashing Bob S
07-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Haven't renewed. Won't be renewing. Walk up will suit my schedule more this coming season.

If that changed, I'd renew as I'm looking forward to this coming season. Even the moaners seem happy these days.

Laurs
07-06-2016, 11:01 AM
I haven't renewed as yet as I have recently moved to Dunfermline i need to come to terms with the fact i may now have to drive to the footie and give up my pre/post match refreshment

stuart-farquhar
07-06-2016, 11:06 AM
half season tickets on sale at the start of season. can use for any games throughout season. that would also interest many I'm sure.

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2016, 11:08 AM
I haven't renewed as yet as I have recently moved to Dunfermline i need to come to terms with the fact i may now have to drive to the footie and give up my pre/post match refreshment

Not at all. I live in Rosyth and quite regularly get the train. Every half hour from Dunfermline/Rosyth, then a 15 minute walk from Waverley down to the Iona :aok:

portyhibernian
07-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Can't justify the outlay right now, I am planning to renew at some point though.

KdyHby
07-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Not at all. I live in Rosyth and quite regularly get the train. Every half hour from Dunfermline/Rosyth, then a 15 minute walk from Waverley down to the Iona :aok:

Just moving to Kirkcaldy. Looking forward to catching the train to some home matchesfor a scoop or two. Shall be driving to the remaining matches.