PDA

View Full Version : New manager poll - three-man shortlist

Diclonius
06-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Assuming the media is right (lol) and our three candidates are Mcleish, Lennon and Mackay, who would you go for?

Big L
06-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Mckay a shoe in!!!

Callum7
06-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Lemon

Spike Mandela
06-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Can't we have a fourth option...'none of the above':cb

Rasta_Hibs
06-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Lennon for me! Ticks all the boxes and more!

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2016, 04:13 PM

Ticking all the boxes is not an option. Try it. :cb

KWJ
06-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Mckay a shoe in!!!

Bizarre. I thought I saw that you didn't want Lennon partly due to his baggage yet you'd take MacKay? Unless you think it said Billy McKay... :confused:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/21/malky-mackay-the-sexist-racist-homophobic-texts-which-cost-him-the-crystal-palace-job-4841142/

I do not want to see this man employed by Hibs.

number9dream
06-06-2016, 04:16 PM
I'd be uncomfortable with Mackay after his text-gate exposure. Surely he is widely regarded as toxic and he would not be widely welcomed?

Steve20
06-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Lennon.

Rasta_Hibs
06-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Ticking all the boxes is not an option. Try it. :cb

Ok Lennon has all the attributes and more to manage Hibs! lol

Allant1981
06-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Cant vote but id take mackay, yip he has baggage but i dont employ him he will never be a personal friend so as long as he wins things for the club i will back him, if he steps out of line then im sure the club would deal with it

Waxy
06-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Lennon would be a massive statement of intent from Hibs. Can't see many hibbys voting against him. Undercover folks will though.

Coults1875
06-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Lennon all day for me! I reckon he's exactly who we need going forward. Kind of a win win for the guy as well and if successful can probably just do what stubbs has done and work his way into a second crack at the english championship.

IanFaeClerrie
06-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Peter Houston for me

Hibernia&Alba
06-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Lennon from the three, definitely; though I wouldn't mind if McLeish gets the job again. Bigot McKay is a no no for me.

06-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Sorry none of the above for me so no vote.

Lennon - Too much baggage to manage in Scotland again. Can see the headlines already.

Mackay - Too much baggage and the whole text nonsense has scared his reputation. Add to that he's made a mess of a few jobs down south.

McLeish - He'd probably only give us one good season and be off like a shot again at the sign of a big job.

Wouldn't be surprised if the above are only smokescreens and the club announce someone from left field.

Franck Stanton
06-06-2016, 05:51 PM

Lennon - Too much baggage to manage in Scotland again. Can see the headlines already.

Mackay - Too much baggage and the whole text nonsense has scared his reputation. Add to that he's made a mess of a few jobs down south.

McLeish - He'd probably only give us one good season and be off like a shot again at the sign of a big job.

Wouldn't be surprised if the above are only smokescreens and the club announce someone from left field.

My thoughts exactly, should the breadman at castle greyskull have a good season then I can see an english club moving in on him. IF this was the case, expect McLeish to throw his hat into the bigots applications. So, for this reason He is out.
Voted Lennon, - if he wants to manage in Scotland, like he says he does, then he has missed the boat at his first love, so realistically Hibs are the best Club for him at this present moment. Would get us back to the SPL imo.

Waxy
06-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Could be worse.Kuqi fav for Port Vale.
http://www.skybet.com/football/manager-specials

Pete
06-06-2016, 06:02 PM

Don't really understand your Lennon comments

What "baggage" is this and what would the headlines be?

schinkenotto
06-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Mackay-totally inappropriate for Hibs.Would not want him near the place.

Wouldn't be upset at either Lennon or McLeish.

NAE NOOKIE
06-06-2016, 06:13 PM
I haven't voted coz I'm just not sure .... not MacKay though, his appointment would be controversial and we need to go into this season without the press giving us a kicking every 5 minutes ... that will be enough of a bother if we appoint Lennon.

--------
06-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Mackay-totally inappropriate for Hibs.Would not want him near the place.

Wouldn't be upset at either Lennon or McLeish.

Not only is he a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot, it's clear from that article that Tan suspected him of fiddling the books on those transfer deals.

So he's under suspicion of financial dishonesty?

That's 'baggage' - the only thing I know 'against' Lennon is that he was really good at noising up the blue half of the OF.

What's not to like? :devil:

Mr White
06-06-2016, 06:17 PM

If it's Jim Gannon.... :grr:

jacomo
06-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Cant vote but id take mackay, yip he has baggage but i dont employ him he will never be a personal friend so as long as he wins things for the club i will back him, if he steps out of line then im sure the club would deal with it

Baggage? He's a racist.

He might believe he deserves another chance, but a manager is a role model as well as a coach. He wouldn't stop me being a Hibs supporter, but I suspect I would a lot less to do with the club while he was around.

Lago
06-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Hasn't Mcleish said he only want's to manage in England?

Pete
06-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Baggage? He's a racist.

He might believe he deserves another chance, but a manager is a role model as well as a coach. He wouldn't stop me being a Hibs supporter, but I suspect I would a lot less to do with the club while he was around.

Is the manager a role model?

If so, to who?

Eyrie
06-06-2016, 06:53 PM
I'd have voted for Jim Jeffries if the only other choices are a known racist and the GJP.

Fortunately I could vote for Lennon instead, so I did.

O'Rourke3
06-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Not only is he a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot, it's clear from that article that Tan suspected him of fiddling the books on those transfer deals.

So he's under suspicion of financial dishonesty?

That's 'baggage' - the only thing I know 'against' Lennon is that he was really good at noising up the blue half of the OF.

What's not to like? :devil:

He's a total franny. He once attacked Alan Shearer's boot with his face. He then conspired to ensure there was no fall out or punishment for either player after the event was investigated by the FA.

jacomo
06-06-2016, 07:08 PM

If so, to who?

Ok, perhaps not a role model to the wider public, but certainly an ambassador for the club.

I am proud of our colours. I expect high standards from those who wear them.

Big L
06-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Why did Lennon leave Celtic?

jdships
06-06-2016, 07:13 PM

:agree::thumbsup:

bingo70
06-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Why did Lennon leave Celtic?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/26/neil-lennon-bolton-wanderers-interview

Answers that question within that interview but basically I think he felt he'd taken Celtic as far as he could.

kevinc
06-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Lennon for me

Beefster
06-06-2016, 08:05 PM

If so, to who?

To his squad?

yekimevol
06-06-2016, 08:09 PM

:top marks

Enough said
06-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Why did Lennon leave Celtic? disagreement over budget

Bad Martini
06-06-2016, 08:54 PM
disagreement over budget

Better to have a disagreement over budget at the start. Saves the worry of having a disagreement over budget later.

Or some **** like that :greengrin

Lennon wins hands down with those 3 choices.

I hasten to add, whilst we joyously and triumphantly won the Scottish Cup beating some good teams along the way, them and ultimately the rangers, we're still in the championship. Who the actual **** thinks Neil Lennon is in some way not worthy of the job when he took celtic through the champions league and had them playing well?

Seriously?

Would be a good appointment and unlike that ******** butcher, he has the ability to generate a togetherness AND give the players a boot up the arse if needed. Butcher on the other hand. Better to **** up now and show your true colours than worry about it happening later...or some **** like that :greengrin

Turkish Green
06-06-2016, 08:54 PM
...but of the three named individuals: I do not rate Lennon and McLeish is past his use-by date which leaves a potentially dodgy Malky Mackay. All 3 will be demanding more than what Stubbs was on, I expect.

Big L
06-06-2016, 09:08 PM
disagreement over budget

Not the version of events I heard. I was told he was asked to find another club, I also believe he was not interviewed for the job this time. I believe we could be making a big mistake by taking NL instead of McKay.

Beefster
06-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Not the version of events I heard. I was told he was asked to find another club, I also believe he was not interviewed for the job this time.

Bit strange to ask why Lennon left and then, two hours later, claim you heard something different.

PS Your version is wrong on both counts.

Big L
06-06-2016, 11:06 PM
I don't think it's strange at all. I wondered what other people heard! I remember finding it strange that he parted ways with Celtic for what appeared to be no good reason, to then turn up at Bolton was just to silly for words. PS I still think he's the wrong man for Hibs!

snooky
07-06-2016, 12:38 AM
Where's the "none of the above" option?

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2016, 12:43 AM
Absolutely not Malky MacKay.

Baader
07-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Only one option there for me and that's Lennon. Think he'd be quite a coup for us. Would not touch Mackay wi a bargepole and Eck increasingly looking like yesterdays man.

mjhibby
07-06-2016, 03:13 AM
Any of the three would be alright with me. Cant see it being mcleish as he wants a job down south. We shall see soon enough.

The Baldmans Comb
07-06-2016, 03:49 AM
How does a fully paid up bigot and racist get onto a 3 man short list.?

Shocking decision from LD.

blaikie
07-06-2016, 04:01 AM
Lennon for me ..... I'd rather have him in our dugout than the oppositions, after the torment and abuse the guy has received over the years from knuckle dragging morons and also his own personal battles, the guy has a strong character with a winning mentality something Stubbsy had as well, he would fit in perfectly with what LD is trying to achieve at the club.

HoboHarry
07-06-2016, 04:22 AM

Errr whit? Has LD made a decision?

Yorkshire HFC
07-06-2016, 05:39 AM
That is an impressive shortlist for a Championship club - they have all managed succesfully at the top level - any of the three would, on paper, be great for Hibs - and I'd hope that all would be able to make great signings.

I wonder what the budget for the management team and players will be - we need to stay afloat!

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2016, 06:26 AM

Did you celebrate any of Anthony Stokes goals at Hampden?

Forza Fred
07-06-2016, 06:42 AM
Well, whomever it is going to be, we better get the finger out and get someone in quick.....time is slipping away to wards the start of the season.

The Baldmans Comb
07-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Did you celebrate any of Anthony Stokes goals at Hampden?

Errr yes. Lol

DH1875
07-06-2016, 08:14 AM
If it is down to them 3 then clearly there is only one winner, has to be Lennon.

Geo_1875
07-06-2016, 08:48 AM

Did she announce her 3 man short list? Pure speculation in the press.

And how would Eck get onto the short list for a job he's not interested in?

Waxy
07-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Not the version of events I heard. I was told he was asked to find another club, I also believe he was not interviewed for the job this time. I believe we could be making a big mistake by taking NL instead of McKay.
We're no wanting to marry Lennon ffs. We only want him to get us out the championship.

eastmainsmsh
07-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if it is Lennon but has McCall been interviewed ?

jacomo
07-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Did she announce her 3 man short list? Pure speculation in the press.

And how would Eck get onto the short list for a job he's not interested in?

Exactly.

Rumour mill in overdrive as usual.

TRIALIST
07-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Hasn't Mcleish said he only want's to manage in England?

McLeish is all about his ego. Goes from job to job talking about it being an interesting project!
Doubt Rod would let him in the door after the snide way he left us the last time.
He is on a downward spiral.

nellio
07-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Lennon all day for me. He was my choice from the start.

Waxy
07-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Lennon all day for me. He was my choice from the start.
Welcome to Hibs Neil. You dont have to post on here to drum up support. 99% of hibbys are behind you.

jacomo
07-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Welcome to Hibs Neil. You dont have to post on here to drum up support. 99% of hibbys are behind you.

Wow!

Neil Lennon set up a profile on here 3 years ago, so that he could promote himself for the job when it came up.

He must have been gutted to miss out to Butcher and Stubbs, but the dream might be about to come true!

nellio
07-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Name is Neil but not lennon. Not ginger either!

Geo_1875
07-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Name is Neil but not lennon. Not ginger either!

So you say

TAHibby
07-06-2016, 11:54 AM
"*** chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around."

"Go on, fat phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers."

"He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted"

"Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering" Seriously?

No thank you!

eastmainsmsh
07-06-2016, 12:01 PM
With respect I'm not racist or homophobic but with Malky McKay it's like chubby brown Jim Davidson even smoker nights everyone laughs but big malky is the bad guy

Lee Marvin
07-06-2016, 12:08 PM
"*** chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around."

"Go on, fat phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers."

"He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted"

"Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering" Seriously?

No thank you!

I'd be appalled if he was our next manager. Thankfully it doesn't look like he will be

MartinfaePorty
07-06-2016, 12:14 PM
With respect I'm not racist or homophobic but with Malky McKay it's like chubby brown Jim Davidson even smoker nights everyone laughs but big malky is the bad guy

Erm, that doesn't make it right! This kind of 'humour' is, thankfully, being consigned to the history books, however slowly. However, if he's truly apologetic then fine, although why anyone would make such comments and think they were funny is beyond me.

Big L
07-06-2016, 04:34 PM
I'd be appalled if he was our next manager. Thankfully it doesn't look like he will be

I know these type of comments are unacceptable, particularly in this day and age, however, I have to wonder if some people are going over the top on this, he has after all apologised.

Harpandcastle
07-06-2016, 04:55 PM
As I pointed out yesterday the vast majority of the messages printed in the newspapers were recieved by Malky McKay and not written or sent by him. As per the LMA statement he apologised for sending two texts that could be considered offensive to other cultures, each one line in length. Whilst that may well still be two too many for some people,to suggest he is responsible for the majority of what's been written here is wrong.
He is very close to friends of mine, I've only met him once but struck me as a very decent guy who cocked up and has been royally screwed over.

Big L
07-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Tell you what's appalling, people posting all that guff and everyone believes McKay said it. Talk about giving a dog a bad name.

Eyrie
07-06-2016, 07:55 PM
As I pointed out yesterday the vast majority of the messages printed in the newspapers were recieved by Malky McKay and not written or sent by him. As per the LMA statement he apologised for sending two texts that could be considered offensive to other cultures, each one line in length. Whilst that may well still be two too many for some people,to suggest he is responsible for the majority of what's been written here is wrong.
He is very close to friends of mine, I've only met him once but struck me as a very decent guy who cocked up and has been royally screwed over.

Tell you what's appalling, people posting all that guff and everyone believes McKay said it. Talk about giving a dog a bad name.
We're not talking about a one-off incident.

You or I would tell the sender of the first one that it wasn't amusing. Instead Mackay received a number of texts of an offensive nature, so it was clear that he appreciated the content.

Apologising for being caught doesn't make him innocent.

Big L
07-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Your saying he should be demonised because someone sent him a few emails that they thought he might find funny, is that correct?

Eyrie
07-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Your saying he should be demonised because someone sent him a few emails that they thought he might find funny, is that correct?

I'm questioning why someone who knows him thinks he'd appreciate such material, and why he didn't object after the first one instead of responding in kind.

You don't think that looks odd?

Big L
07-06-2016, 10:59 PM
Where does he say that he thinks McKay appreciated the contents of the emails he received. I also think this has been blown out of proportion. Am I mistaken or was Mr Lennon not plastered all over the papers for the wrong reasons recently, was his misdemeanors greater than McKays?

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Where does he say that he thinks McKay appreciated the contents of the emails he received. I also think this has been blown out of proportion. Am I mistaken or was Mr Lennon not plastered all over the papers for the wrong reasons recently, was his misdemeanors greater than McKays?

:agree: We seem to have a number of fans who are willing to ignore some things and criticise others.

Forgiveness and the ability for people to change is not on the agenda here. Yet we've seen fans of our club celebrate for instance Garry O'Connor score goals when we were all aware of some of the things he's done.

Maybe we need to know just what level of criminality or decency anyone connected with the club must have before they are allowed in. :rolleyes:

bigwheel
08-06-2016, 06:32 AM
:agree: We seem to have a number of fans who are willing to ignore some things and criticise others.

Forgiveness and the ability for people to change is not on the agenda here. Yet we've seen fans of our club celebrate for instance Garry O'Connor score goals when we were all aware of some of the things he's done.

Maybe we need to know just what level of criminality or decency anyone connected with the club must have before they are allowed in. :rolleyes:

Indeed - there has been a weird game of "morality top trumps" on here over the last week or so - frankly, all I care about is a manager who gets us up next year as champions - let's hope the board have got us one