PDA

View Full Version : Appeal Over Haymarket Attack on Scottish Cup Final Day

Future17
06-06-2016, 01:31 PM
The link below leads to a BBC article containing photos of two men police are attempting to trace in relation to an assault at Haymarket at about 21:45 on Cup Final day. The police are indicating the two men may have information about the attack, not necessarily that they were directly involved:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36460249

The_Horde
06-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Now that this is out in the open I'm sure Lee Wallace will be on it in a flash.

Seriously though, hope they're found. They should be with those images. Clear as day

SlickShoes
06-06-2016, 01:41 PM
The link below leads to a BBC article containing photos of two men police are attempting to trace in relation to an assault at Haymarket at about 21:45 on Cup Final day. The police are indicating the two men may have information about the attack, not necessarily that they were directly involved:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36460249

Too late for that, the way it's been reported everywhere so far these folk are guilty like everyone else that was at hampden and supports hibs.

If these guys assaulted someone, hopefully these pictures get them caught there's no way they aren't found with pictures this clear.

Harpandcastle
06-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Any reports whether or not police Scotland have got round to lifting any of the hundogs caught on camera attacking people on the pitch?

DH1875
06-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Too late for that, the way it's been reported everywhere so far these folk are guilty like everyone else that was at hampden and supports hibs.

If these guys assaulted someone, hopefully these pictures get them caught there's no way they aren't found with pictures this clear.

The whole thing will be on CCTV as the station is covered with camera's. If they didn't assault him, they've nothing to worry about.

greenlex
06-06-2016, 02:01 PM
What has the scenes at Hampden got to do with this? BBC ****s. Got to keep the fire stoked and the illusion going at every opportunity

SlickShoes
06-06-2016, 02:03 PM
The whole thing will be on CCTV as the station is covered with camera's. If they didn't assault him, they've nothing to worry about.

Legally they don't but if you read any comments on any of the articles these guys are already guilty.

KWJ
06-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Legally they don't but if you read any comments on any of the articles these guys are already guilty.

From what I recall these guys match the description of the attackers from the initial story so it's not a far leap to suggest that they are the prime suspects.

I take your point though and we don't know the circumstances other than rival football fans.

Finn2015
06-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Doesn't go into details. Did they just assault a random passer by? Whatever the case, whoever the victim, they need to be apprehended

WHAM
06-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Apparently it was a Rangers fan who was knocked unconscious in the alleged incident at Haymarket (according to previous news stories.)

carnoustiehibee
06-06-2016, 03:30 PM
When are the media going to name any of the Huns causing trouble after the final

Finn2015
06-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Apparently it was a Rangers fan who was knocked unconscious in the alleged incident at Haymarket (according to previous news stories.)

Cheers. Not by any means condoning it was just wondering what the circumstances were

Oscar T Grouch
06-06-2016, 03:35 PM
When are the media going to name any of the Huns causing trouble after the final

The Huns causing trouble? Shirley you've read the papers, the only huns that were involved were there legitimately and never assaulted anyone, it was all Hibs fans, even the ones dressed in blue :wink:

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2016, 03:36 PM

They named the guy from Clerrie, albeit they weren't explicit about his team.

Other than him, AFAIK no-one has been charged yet..

I did see the name of the guy from Ireland, although that may have been on social media.

greenginger
06-06-2016, 03:43 PM
They named the guy from Clerrie, albeit they weren't explicit about his team.

Other than him, AFAIK no-one has been charged yet..

I did see the name of the guy from Ireland, although that may have been on social media.

It seems the guy from Cleri is a Hibby and he is charged with throwing the guy ,who was supposedly attacking Lee Wallace , to the ground.

If true, the Cleri. guy should be getting paid for a Steward's shift, not up on an assault charge. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2016, 03:45 PM
It seems the guy from Cleri is a Hibby and he is charged with throwing the guy ,who was supposedly attacking Lee Wallace , to the ground.

If true, the Cleri. guy should be getting paid for a Steward's shift, not up on an assault charge. :greengrin

:greengrin

G4S will be issuing their staff with jackets to defend themselves....

Winston Ingram
06-06-2016, 03:49 PM

They're not i would assume

SlickShoes
06-06-2016, 03:49 PM
From what I recall these guys match the description of the attackers from the initial story so it's not a far leap to suggest that they are the prime suspects.

I take your point though and we don't know the circumstances other than rival football fans.

Aye I get that they are more than likely the suspects just the police put in the caveat that they are only looking to talk to the men at this point. It's pretty obvious they are the suspects, so just thought it was weird that caveat was there in the first place.