PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

hfcnic
06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/paul-hanlon-set-to-decide-on-his-hibs-future-1-4146442

hfcnic
06-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Really hope we can hang on to him

nellio
06-06-2016, 10:58 AM
and me, probably our best defender.

06-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Really hope we can hang on to him

Me too. He's come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years.

ian cruise
06-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Paul has been a class act since his debut. Aye he made mistakes in his first few seasons but he was a young lad, most important thing is he learned from them and never let the criticism hold him back. Hope he's here for years to come.

bigwheel
06-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Paul has been a class act since his debut. Aye he made mistakes in his first few seasons but he was a young lad, most important thing is he learned from them and never let the criticism hold him back. Hope he's here for years to come.

This, this and this ....

hfcnic
06-06-2016, 11:45 AM

Exactly. Can only seem him getting better still. It seems he would like to stay so thats a positive

BSEJVT
06-06-2016, 11:51 AM
I like Hanlon and always have

Only concern for me would be that he has picked up 2 pretty serious thigh injuries (one apparently being a re-occurrence of the earlier)

Scoopyboy will know, but I don't think they were contact injuries and maybe the effect of playing so many games from such a young age is beginning to tell on him?

Having Farid, Carmichael & McGeouch constantly injured last season was too much for our thin squad to handle on top of the other run of the mill injuries that came our way and if this was the start of a pattern with Hanllon I would reluctantly let him go.

Hopefully its not and its just a run of bad luck injury wise.

GreenCastle
06-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Please stay!!!!!!:agree:

scoopyboy
06-06-2016, 11:57 AM
I like Hanlon and always have

Only concern for me would be that he has picked up 2 pretty serious thigh injuries (one apparently being a re-occurrence of the earlier)

Scoopyboy will know, but I don't think they were contact injuries and maybe the effect of playing so many games from such a young age is beginning to tell on him?

Having Farid, Carmichael & McGeouch constantly injured last season was too much for our thin squad to handle on top of the other run of the mill injuries that came our way and if this was the start of a pattern with Hanllon I would reluctantly let him go.

Hopefully its not and its just a run of bad luck injury wise.

The first was a clash with Nade at Dumbarton but may have been more to do with the way he landed, not aware of any contact with the Cup Final one.

If it's any consolation the first tear was 30cm but this one is only 20cm!!!

The first one went right into his knee and that's why ligament was the early diagnosis from Hibs, it was the blood from the tear that caused the swelling in the knee.

bigwheel
06-06-2016, 11:58 AM
The first was a clash with Nade at Dumbarton but may have been more to do with the way he landed, not aware of any contact with the Cup Final one.

The first one went right into his knee and that's why ligament was the early diagnosis from Hibs, it was the blood from the tear that caused the swelling in the knee.

Scoopyboy, Could you be a bit more specific with your info - these generalist posts don't help anyone. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji108][emoji108]

scoopyboy
06-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Scoopyboy, Could you be a bit more specific with your info - these generalist posts don't help anyone. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji108][emoji108]

Sure thing bigwheel, :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

BSEJVT
06-06-2016, 12:11 PM

Thanks Scoopyboy

I would imagine he will struggle to be fit for the European games?

Shrekko
06-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Really hope we can persuade this club legend and excellent improving player to sign on again. Him and McGregor aren't perfect but I love having them out there together.

scoopyboy
06-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Thanks Scoopyboy

I would imagine he will struggle to be fit for the European games?

I would think he would be fine for the European games, assuming he's still a Hibs player.

Injured on May 21st and no Euro game until July 14th which is nearly eight weeks.

He was injured against Dumbarton away and came back at St. Mirren away, February 27th to April 2nd which is less than eight weeks.

I'm only guessing mind. :greengrin

LustForLeith
06-06-2016, 12:44 PM
I've said on here before that I think he's leaving. it was more down to a contract being offered and at the time seemingly not accepted. I really hope I'm wrong. It's difficult enough to find a talented young defender to replace him, almost impossible when you consider how much of a Hibs fan he is.

As fans we were hurting when Hibs didn't get promoted, you've also got to feel for the players who won't relish another season in the Championship.

I feel for the likes of Hanlon, McGinn and Cummings. They've got talent which deserves to be shown in the top flight. Here's hoping they get the chance to demonstrate it while playing for Hibs.

And this has nothing to do with my son rating Hanlon as the fourth best player in the world just now. Honest!

lyonhibs
06-06-2016, 01:10 PM
I've said on here before that I think he's leaving. it was more down to a contract being offered and at the time seemingly not accepted. I really hope I'm wrong. It's difficult enough to find a talented young defender to replace him, almost impossible when you consider how much of a Hibs fan he is.

As fans we were hurting when Hibs didn't get promoted, you've also got to feel for the players who won't relish another season in the Championship.

I feel for the likes of Hanlon, McGinn and Cummings. They've got talent which deserves to be shown in the top flight. Here's hoping they get the chance to demonstrate it while playing for Hibs.

And this has nothing to do with my son rating Hanlon as the fourth best player in the world just now. Honest!

As long as his top 3 are McGinn, Stokes and Henderson............... :I'm waiti

LustForLeith
06-06-2016, 01:15 PM
As long as his top 3 are McGinn, Stokes and Henderson............... :I'm waiti

Er...it's Marcello, Zlatan and Ronaldo. Then Hanlon! :greengrin

SJM
06-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Signed a new contract this afternoon. Should be announced very soon.

lyonhibs
06-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Er...it's Marcello, Zlatan and Ronaldo. Then Hanlon! :greengrin

LTYF :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
06-06-2016, 01:43 PM

great news.

Maybe heard who the new manager is and is happy enough; lets hope :)

LustForLeith
06-06-2016, 01:53 PM
LTYF :greengrin

ha!!!

BSEJVT
06-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I would think he would be fine for the European games, assuming he's still a Hibs player.

Injured on May 21st and no Euro game until July 14th which is nearly eight weeks.

He was injured against Dumbarton away and came back at St. Mirren away, February 27th to April 2nd which is less than eight weeks.

Thanks again Scoopyboy

oneone73
06-06-2016, 02:22 PM

Got a honeymoon to fit in though...

MyJo
06-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Got a honeymoon to fit in though...

Lol he's gonna pump her :tee hee:
(c) Zlatan

GreenCastle
06-06-2016, 02:45 PM

This would be very good news.

Ronniekirk
06-06-2016, 03:48 PM
great news.

Maybe heard who the new manager is and is happy enough; lets hope :)

I cant see him wanting to sign a new contract without knowing who new manager is ,as it will be that person that picks the team , not whoever has negotiated a new contract with
You would think he would want his future sorted out before he goes off on honeymoon for peace of mind and security ,so hope O P is correct as players leaving after Stubbs departure and before new manager came in was a concern for me
But need to keep remembering its not Petrie calling the shots any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bald Reynard
06-06-2016, 04:34 PM
I cant see him wanting to sign a new contract without knowing who new manager is ,as it will be that person that picks the team , not whoever has negotiated a new contract with
You would think he would want his future sorted out before he goes off on honeymoon for peace of mind and security ,so hope O P is correct as players leaving after Stubbs departure and before new manager came in was a concern for me
But need to keep remembering its not Petrie calling the shots any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure he will have been told who the new manager is and have been reassured by the news (probably signing the new contract at the weekend, after talks with a certain Northern Irishman had been concluded !) . I'm sure all the players will know now - in advance of the official announcement tomorrow.