PDA

View Full Version : Hawick Royal Albert v Hibernian.

Thecat23
05-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Hawick have approached Hibs for a friendly once the players are back in pre season. The game was pretty much confirmed until Stubbs left but both teams are hopeful they can get this sorted.

It would be Hibs first pre season friendly and be a good day out down there.

HoboHarry
05-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Never mind that - get them out to play Sporting KC in Kansas. I'll run the match thread..... :greengrin

Thecat23
05-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Never mind that - get them out to play Sporting KC in Kansas. I'll run the match thread..... :greengrin

Haha, think it might be cheaper popping down to Hawick.

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2016, 03:10 PM

First team or under 20's Cat?

HoboHarry
05-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Probably for the best then. Also - can't buy pies at the games here, they sell pretzels instead......:wtf:

Hibernia&Alba
05-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Probably for the best then. Also - can't buy pies at the games here, they sell pretzels instead......:wtf:

Whit ye daen oot there? It must be the most boring, socially conservative place in the world.

HoboHarry
05-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Whit ye daen oot there? It must be the most boring, socially conservative place in the world.
Aye, fitba is sh**e anaw........ Thank goodness for Hibs TV.....

Keith_M
05-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Going by the photo on their website, it'll have to be for a game of Water Polo!

http://www.hawickroyalalbert.co.uk/

Scorrie
05-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Any likely / possible dates?

Thecat23
05-06-2016, 03:59 PM
First team or under 20's Cat?

Mix of both.

SMAXXA
05-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Mix of both.

It will be the development squad. Tranent play Hibs again this year on the 2nd August at foresters Hibs bringing the cup with both teams walking out with their trophy a after Tranent juniors won the league for the first time in 20 years. Hibs have been great with the club.

Thecat23
05-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Any likely / possible dates?

looking to be 2nd July. 3 o'clock kick off!

Thecat23
05-06-2016, 04:23 PM
It will be the development squad. Tranent play Hibs again this year on the 2nd August at foresters Hibs bringing the cup with both teams walking out with their trophy a after Tranent juniors won the league for the first time in 20 years. Hibs have been great with the club.

Hibs have already agreed to send few of the first team, SMAXXA. Won't be many though agree most will prob be development!

Scorrie
05-06-2016, 04:28 PM
looking to be 2nd July. 3 o'clock kick off!

Cheers thanks for that 👍

Thecat23
05-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Cheers thanks for that 👍

No problem bud. 👍🏼

hibeeleicester
05-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Uncle is HRA gaffer so will try find out what's happening.

northseahibby
21-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Confirmed , 2nd July
Hawick royal Albert v Hibernian
3:00 pm k.o

pacoluna
21-06-2016, 11:59 AM

That's some task, played against them a couple of times they are more like a Sunday amateur team.

Allant1981
21-06-2016, 12:03 PM

A guy that used to work for with us is the club secretary, well ran wee club

RoxburghHibs
21-06-2016, 12:04 PM

"Whit ye daen oot there? It must be the most boring, socially conservative place in the world."

Hawick......

:wink: :greengrin

Thecat23
21-06-2016, 12:12 PM
That's some task, played against them a couple of times they are more like a Sunday amateur team.

Far from it. Well run and will have a good squad come the new season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-06-2016, 12:14 PM
I think its about £13 return on the X95 bus.

pacoluna
21-06-2016, 12:25 PM

Must have improved, used to be the whipping boys in east of Scotland league 3/4 seasons ago.

Golden Bear
21-06-2016, 12:27 PM
I think HRA have just gained admission to the Lowland League, they were previously in the East of Scotland league.

Understanding the local lingo will be a challenge to say the least!

I used to work with a Hawick lass and she came out with the following "question"

Ahhennyonnyonishaeonnyo'eonnyonyis?

Does anyone have a translation?

:greengrin

northseahibby
21-06-2016, 12:31 PM
I don't have any on me 😀

Golden Bear
21-06-2016, 12:34 PM
I don't have any on me 

That's part of it. Full translation required please.

berwickhibee
21-06-2016, 01:21 PM

correct. just had a good season and looking towards to the lowland league, had a few years in the doldrums but not the case now.

pacoluna
21-06-2016, 01:39 PM
correct. just had a good season and looking towards to the lowland league, had a few years in the doldrums but not the case now.
I lost respect for them after what they done to Atai. Shanks is a devious s*it.

Thecat23
21-06-2016, 01:49 PM

Any chance you can cut out the personal abuse, I know him and he's brand new. If you don't like the club that's fine but he's not on here to defend himself.

pacoluna
21-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Any chance you can cut out the personal abuse, I know him and he's brand new. If you don't like the club that's fine but he's not on here to defend himself.

I'm talking from a football perspective. he is self driven that's for sure.

Hawick hibee
21-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Now now the language barrier I can put up with that but Hawick itself is no a bad wee town. Hawick has been hit really hard over the last 10-20 years with the knitwear industries decline.
If there is a party you want come to the common riding it starts at 4am Thursday morning and finishes on Saturday night last time I seen a party like that was 21.05.16.
If the guy on the gate asks if it's yin, twae or thri that translated means one, two or three.
Further translation available just let me know what.

Scottie
21-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Now now the language barrier I can put up with that but Hawick itself is no a bad wee town. Hawick has been hit really hard over the last 10-20 years with the knitwear industries decline.
If there is a party you want come to the common riding it starts at 4am Thursday morning and finishes on Saturday night last time I seen a party like that was 21.05.16.
If the guy on the gate asks if it's yin, twae or thri that translated means one, two or three.
Ma mums family were all Hawick and you won't get better people. (apart frae Selkirk folk)

Yow an mi cup a ti at haff pas thri :aok:

hibeeleicester
21-06-2016, 03:37 PM

You obviously don't have a clue with what went on.

Shanks has given them their best finish in years and is now taking them to the lowland league. That will do for me. Second best coach I know, behind me offcourse. 😂

Thecat23
21-06-2016, 03:45 PM
You obviously don't have a clue with what went on.

Shanks has given them their best finish in years and is now taking them to the lowland league. That will do for me. Second best coach I know, behind me offcourse. 😂

Him and Dean have done superb since taking over. It's great they have taken them into the lowland league!

pacoluna
21-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Him and Dean have done superb since taking over. It's great they have taken them into the lowland league!
They were admitted to the lowland league, they never achieved it.

Thecat23
21-06-2016, 04:03 PM
They were admitted to the lowland league, they never achieved it.

Correct, but given they were one of the fav's to go down they done fantastic last season.

I think you may have been fed some rubbish by someone regarding the previous manager as the new management team had nothing to do with his removal.

hibeeleicester
21-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Correct, but given they were one of the fav's to go down they done fantastic last season.

I think you may have been fed some rubbish by someone regarding the previous manager as the new management team had nothing to do with his removal.

Exactly. They won't struggle in the Lowland either.

Just looking forward to a cracking day out.

AZhibee
21-06-2016, 06:32 PM

How about Colorado? LA Would be good.

Thecat23
21-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Exactly. They won't struggle in the Lowland either.

Just looking forward to a cracking day out.

Same here 👍🏼

Gala Foxes
21-06-2016, 07:13 PM
If you are travelling down A7 through Gala to Hawick on the 2nd might be best to give yourself a bit extra time as it is the Gala Day with 400+ horses due back in the centre of town at midday

pacoluna
21-06-2016, 08:01 PM
What's the point in this friendly btw? I'm guessing it will be the youth team who plays them. if it's to generate some money for HRA why aren't we playing more local teams like Ormiston, civil service or craigroyston.

Thecat23
21-06-2016, 08:14 PM
What's the point in this friendly btw? I'm guessing it will be the youth team who plays them. if it's to generate some money for HRA why aren't we playing more local teams like Ormiston, civil service or craigroyston.

It's bringing money to the club, you really don't like this do you? The town suffered with floods so what's wrong with bringing a bit joy to Hawick?

There will be a couple of fringe players I'd think making the trip down. Maybe if local teams contacted them put in the hours of trying to sort it then Hibs would do it.

marinello59
21-06-2016, 08:33 PM

Behave. Hibs have always taken fixtures like this all over Scotland. I've seen a good few first teamers of the future for the first time against Highland league teams.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Not been on the Borders Railway yet so might train it to Gala then bus from there.

Could be a good day out with the right weather.

Ronster117
21-06-2016, 09:25 PM
I think HRA have just gained admission to the Lowland League, they were previously in the East of Scotland league.

I used to work with a Hawick lass and she came out with the following "question"

She was saying get yer jacket you've pulled

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Not been on the Borders Railway yet so might train it to Gala
Let the bus take the strain down and the train back, if it can cope with the journey. Not too reliable!

Half 11 back is quite tempting tho!

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-06-2016, 09:41 PM

Dinnae go, nobody will be bothered too much.

Mibbes Aye
21-06-2016, 09:49 PM

I haven't any on me, have any of you any on you? :thumbsup:

I'm married to a Hawick lass, I'm thinking about learning one of the indigenous languages of Papua New Guinea but worried it will be too easy after learning Terie.......

Mibbes Aye
21-06-2016, 09:56 PM

Not disagreeing with previous replies to your post :greengrin but there's also maybe more strategic thinking going on.

Hibs have played friendlies on a regular basis in Gala, Selkirk and Hawick in recent years. There's a relatively decent number of Hibbies in the Borders but as a youth coach I know there's also lots of kids who don't have a strong affinity to a Scottish team and are as likely to call themselves Chelsea or Man City fans as anything else. For those who do claim to follow a Scottish team, there's still a pull from Glasgow predominantly.

Hibs playing down here helps grow recognition of the club. It's an area with expected population growth and a rail link to Edinburgh now, to add to the road links.

If I was involved in promoting the club to potential new fans I would be targeting the Borders, not exclusively but certainly actively.

SMAXXA
21-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Save yourself a journey and just come watch Tranent Juniors V Hibson the 2nd August at foresters, both clubs walking out with their respective trophies after Tranent won't the league for the first time in 20 years. TC sorry for the plug 😜

pacoluna
21-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Dinnae go, nobody will be bothered too much.

I will be there, for my own enjoyment depending on what kind of squad goes. Why would I care if others were bothered/not bothered if I went or not.

KWJ
21-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Mind us beating Gala 4-0 in a friendly around 2000. Gary O'Connor scored all 4. I met Andy Watson and Matty Jack in the pie queue at half time.

After the game my mate and I found ourselves with a couple of balls at the edge of the box, I went for top corner and put it just over. Mate just rolled it in, fanny!

PatHead
21-06-2016, 10:16 PM

Guy I worked with from Hawick used to say,"a day out of Hawick is a day wasted". Is he right?

Mibbes Aye
21-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Guy I worked with from Hawick used to say,"a day out of Hawick is a day wasted". Is he right?

That's originally a Bill McLaren quote, the legendary rugby commentator and a teacher in Hawick for many a year

My favourite Hawick joke relates to their Common Riding and the long-standing resistance by some, I stress some, to letting women participate:

Q: "How many Hawick men does it take to change a light bulb?"

A: "Change???!!!!........"

hibeeleicester
21-06-2016, 10:38 PM

You actually hate HRA eh?

Galahibby
21-06-2016, 10:50 PM

Eh, naw!

Hawick hibee
22-06-2016, 05:37 AM

That is a saying, although I prefer a day at the leith San Siro myself.

For those driving down the A68 is a better road, some speed cameras on it to be aware of.
Plenty places for a pint if your down early on the high street at the horse monument there is a good boozer called the Waverley, there is a spoons to close to there. On the road to Albert park there is the Mansfield bar, also a bar at the ground.

Golden Bear
22-06-2016, 06:24 AM
I haven't any on me, have any of you any on you? :thumbsup:

I'm married to a Hawick lass, I'm thinking about learning one of the indigenous languages of Papua New Guinea but worried it will be too easy after learning Terie.......

Ten out of ten, well played that man!

Thecat23
29-06-2016, 02:55 PM
This game is this sat, anyone from here heading down? Wonder if there will be a decent crowd for it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-06-2016, 04:43 PM
This game is this sat, anyone from here heading down? Wonder if there will be a decent crowd for it.

Gonna go on a wee tour of The Borders with my old man on Saturday, bus down to Hawick for back of 1100, bus to Selkirk just after 1930 to watch The Euro 1/4 Final, bus to Galashiels after the game and then last train back to Waverley. :party:

hibeeleicester
29-06-2016, 04:45 PM

Hopefully be a decent crowd, I'll be there.