PDA

View Full Version : Lewis' testimonial

HibsNutter
05-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Surely this is the time to do it, before the new season starts. The testimonial coupled with a parade of the cup would surely see a full house and help the feel good factor kicking on to the new season.

Joe6-2
05-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Surely this is the time to do it, before the new season starts. The testimonial coupled with a parade of the cup would surely see a full house and help the feel good factor kicking on to the new season.

Great idea

zlatan
05-06-2016, 01:03 PM
A committee has been assembled for it

Vini1875
05-06-2016, 01:05 PM
07 team v the 16 team would be great

HibsNutter
05-06-2016, 01:12 PM

Lewis as floater in a bib

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Now there's an idea!

oldbutdim
05-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Harsh.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-06-2016, 01:18 PM

Lewis changes sides at half time if the young team are 4 or more goals up :greengrin

OsloHibs
05-06-2016, 01:38 PM
His interview after the final on hibs tv makes me weep. He looks like how I felt- and still feel!

JohnMcM
05-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Probably need to go a fair bit back to find a player more loyal, hard working and befitting a testimonial than Lewis. If and when it happens, I hope we can pack the place to the rafters for him :flag:

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Not that keen on testimonials these days to be honest for various reasons.
However as I have watched Lewis develop from a young boy into a Hibs stalwart and now a double cup winning legend, I relish the thought of attending anything in support of his testimonial year. Take a bow Lewis you are truly a Hibs great in my humble opinion.

JohnMcM
05-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Not that keen on testimonials these days to be honest for various reasons.
However as I have watched Lewis develop from a young boy into a Hibs stalwart and now a double cup winning legend, I relish the thought of attending anything in support of his testimonial year. Take a bow Lewis you are truly a Hibs great in my humble opinion.

This is is so..........:not worth:not worth:not worth

Thecat23
05-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Lewis + League Cup winner + Longest serving player at the club + Scottish Cup winner = A Hibs legend.

Lewis you deserve it, I hope the fans turn out in their numbers for someone who's never have anything less than 110%.

Finn2015
05-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Yes he deserves it and his reaction after the cup win sums how much the club means to him. One of the few modern day footballers who deserve a testimonial

Craig_HFC
05-06-2016, 06:44 PM
One of my favourite pictures from Cup Final day. He wasn't born a Hibby but he certainly bleeds green now.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160605/77c0f1d916497bae9aa0da480573f5a1.jpg

superfurryhibby
05-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Testimonial wth the cup paraded. Guaranteed to bring oot the fans for a true Hibees legend.

S4uzee
05-06-2016, 06:58 PM
One of my favourite pictures from Cup Final day. He wasn't born a Hibby but he certainly bleeds green now.

Where did you get that photo from? Not seen it before

KDY Hibs
05-06-2016, 06:59 PM

Fantastic idea, getting excited at the thought of seeing Benji and zemmama in a hibs strip again

Hib17
05-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Testimonial against Rotherham would be the mutts nuts for me

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 07:22 PM

They just took our manager...not sure I understand the love in with them....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 07:26 PM

That would be a major disappointment to me and a poor choice for Lewis in my opinion.

Finn2015
05-06-2016, 07:29 PM
I think someone suggested a game between the 07 and 16 teams which would be a great arrangement for a testimonial.

Wheat Hound
05-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Still hope the LC 2007 side v 2016 SC side would be possible

Billy Whizz
05-06-2016, 07:31 PM

Who does Lewis play for?

Jonnyboy
05-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Who does Lewis play for?

Half for each, like Pat Stanton did :aok:

Billy Whizz
05-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Half for each, like Pat Stanton did :aok:

So he'll have to play against Ivan in the 2nd half!

Jonnyboy
05-06-2016, 07:35 PM
So he'll have to play against Ivan in the 2nd half!

As long as he takes Waghorn out of his back pocket, there'll be room :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
05-06-2016, 07:36 PM

Davie Murphy has retired, sadly.

However, he's probably still better than..... insert the name of any other LB we've had in recent years, apart from Lewie who's day it is after all.......

Jonnyboy
05-06-2016, 07:37 PM

However, he's probably still better than..... insert the name of any other LB we've had in recent years, apart from Lewie who's day it is after all.......

Pa Kujabi
Ryan McGivern

To name but two :greengrin

lucky
05-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Not keen on testimonials but Lewis does deserve one.

HibsNutter
05-06-2016, 07:41 PM

He'd still be able to play a testimonial game though, surely? Won't be an intense level.

Billy Whizz
05-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Not keen on testimonials but Lewis does deserve one.

Me too

.Sean.
05-06-2016, 07:56 PM
I hope he keeps the proceeds all for himself rather as feeling the need to donate it as is the norm these days.

Craig_HFC
05-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Where did you get that photo from? Not seen it before

Can't remember to be honest, I've got a load of photos on my phone that I've saved from social media. Probably got it from Twitter.

hibsmum
05-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Has to be done, he deserves it

Northernhibee
05-06-2016, 09:07 PM
To borrow the rhetoric from a Paul Heyman monologue;

Lewis spoke about players "miles better than him"on his post match interview on Hibs TV and responded to being told he was the only player in club history to win both the league cup and Scottish cup in a Hibs shirt with "Aw, I don't know about that".

There are club legends, club heroes and club icons. Look at the last letter of each of those things; they're all plural. There's only one player to have ever lifted both cups with us in a Hibs shirt - Lewis Stevenson, you are in a group of yourself and are now a huge part of our clubs history.

He is the absolute representation of all that is good about Hibs in the 21st century. He always appears a shy retiring type but for once Lewie - let it go to your head. You absolutely deserve it and you absolutely deserve a testimonial.

mca
05-06-2016, 09:19 PM

Lewis spoke about players "miles better than him"on his post match interview on Hibs TV and responded to being told he was the only player in club history to win both the league cup and Scottish cup in a Hibs shirt with "Aw, I don't know about that".

There are club legends, club heroes and club icons. Look at the last letter of each of those things; they're all plural. There's only one player to have ever lifted both cups with us in a Hibs shirt - Lewis Stevenson, you are in a group of yourself and are now a huge part of our clubs history.

He is the absolute representation of all that is good about Hibs in the 21st century. He always appears a shy retiring type but for once Lewie - let it go to your head. You absolutely deserve it and you absolutely deserve a testimonial.

Wow.. Never thought of it like that.. He Really is a one off Legend !!!http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Well Done lewis.. you Deserve a Testimonial

northstandhibby
05-06-2016, 09:25 PM

Class photo. A testimonial for Lewis with Cup on parade would be a great idea. :aok:

FranckSuzy
05-06-2016, 09:44 PM

:top marks

ben johnson
05-06-2016, 09:45 PM
All the more startling after that final in 2012 when we finished as a Club, LS as a player and we all finished supporting Hibs. Somehow we have all plugged away and Lewis has his prize. Testimonial a must. I hope someone can tap into the feel good factor with Hibs fans and organise it. There has without a doubt been better players who have won nothing but Lewis has been with us every step of the way and more than deserves his day.

KWJ
05-06-2016, 11:15 PM

Yup.

To have been here throughout some of our toughest times on the pitch and stuck with us and bookended his 10 years with cup wins, he's a Hibs Hero.

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Have to echo what everybody has said .... Lewis was one of the players who got stick outside the ground the night we lost 1 - 0 to the Yams in the League cup. I never understood why anybody would take their frustration out on him like that, was there ever a player whose commitment to the cause was less in question?

As somebody else said ...... If ( when ) he has a testimonial match I hope he puts every penny into some sort of pension fund for when he retires ... I know the fashion is to give the money to charity, but there are a hundred, a thousand, players out there with twice the ability and a tenth of the professionalism who have earned millions from the game and who deserve their millions a hell of a lot less than a player like Lewis.

If it wasn't for the fact that clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal bugger off abroad every close season in the shameless search of even more money, we could have asked one of them ... Lewis deserves a big club in his big game.

Raymond
06-06-2016, 12:10 PM

That's ma Laddie in the white T Shirt :greengrin

dp00
06-06-2016, 06:02 PM
My memory of the end of cup final is Stevenson just appearing from the crowds of folk on the pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgl07
06-06-2016, 07:09 PM

Is Joe Tortolano still around?

givescotlandfreedom
06-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Have to echo what everybody has said .... Lewis was one of the players who got stick outside the ground the night we lost 1 - 0 to the Yams in the League cup. I never understood why anybody would take their frustration out on him like that, was there ever a player whose commitment to the cause was less in question

Quite. I remember us playing them off the park that night and the gimmers scoring a screamer with a rare half chance.

Flynn
07-06-2016, 12:52 PM
He deserves a song. It has been said that a lot of songs don't fit his five syllable name but the Liam Henderson song fits perfectly.

Here's to you Lewis Stevenson
The Hibees love you more than you can know
Oh oh oh

Or

(To the tune of louie louie by the kingsmen)
Lewis Lewis
Oh Lewis
Lewis Stevenson
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

Here's hoping he gets a full house for his testimonial whoever ends up playing.

we are hibs
07-06-2016, 02:11 PM
No his biggest fan but fair play to him. 10 years he's committed to us and he deserves a testimonial.