PDA

View Full Version : Signed up again.

NorthRoadHibee
04-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Hi all!

Rarely do I start a thread, or even post for that matter, however it felt right today! Been a hibs fan since I can remember but never started actually going to the games until I was around 11/12. Got my first season ticket in the mixu era of 08/09 and had one every season up until last year due to financial reasons. I loved going to the games even when we were playing poorly which was more often than not. Was at the 2 cup finals of late and all the semi's leading to them, was at the Hamilton debacle at Easter Road, the malmo embarrassment, when we beat hearts for the first time in almost 3 years I believe? wonder strike from wotherspoon :greengrin despite being a rather young hibee it feels like I have went through it all! I went to a lot of games last season but not as much as I should have, I was at both derbies, the St Johnstone game, the Ross county game :confused: then the epic Conrad logan show against Dundee united, and before you all call me the big game attendee only, I went to my fair share of games v Alloa etc as well! the cup final weekend was absolutely incredible, like most hibees I went in with hope more than expectation. The feeling after the first goal was just sheer disbelief as every other cup final I had been to we had never been infront... I'll admit to being pessimistic about us holding on and well we didn't initially. When we went 2-1 down it just felt like it was going to be the same old story, when stokes skied it from 6 yards I thought that it was going to be one of those days, again. To go on and win the game was unbelievable, ive only been waiting around 20 years for it to happen whereas my granddad has 80 odd so I knew that even though it meant the world to me it must mean oh so much more to those have been waiting so long. I wanted to cry but I was too happy if that even makes sense, I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face and still cannot! i'll admit I was one of the many who graced the pitch, but only to celebrate, none of that other nonsense was anything to do with me. I did however grab Darren McGregor and kiss his face around 5 times before telling him I love him. Was a day I will never forget, I did have a bit of the turf which I found pre dug up believe it or not, was so looking forward to it being in my garden for years to come. However I was a donut and left it on the bus :rolleyes: The parade the following day was one of the best things ive ever seen in my life. My voice was lost for around a week and my livers wellbeing is in question :greengrin I was always wanting to renew but that weekend confirmed it. Today I signed up for my season ticket and cannot wait to attend ER regularly next season regardless of the opposition, its the home team I care about anyway. Here's to a good season!

GGTTH :flag:

northstandhibby
04-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Hi all!

Rarely do I start a thread, or even post for that matter, however it felt right today! Been a hibs fan since I can remember but never started actually going to the games until I was around 11/12. Got my first season ticket in the mixu era of 08/09 and had one every season up until last year due to financial reasons. I loved going to the games even when we were playing poorly which was more often than not. Was at the 2 cup finals of late and all the semi's leading to them, was at the Hamilton debacle at Easter Road, the malmo embarrassment, when we beat hearts for the first time in almost 3 years I believe? wonder strike from wotherspoon :greengrin despite being a rather young hibee it feels like I have went through it all! I went to a lot of games last season but not as much as I should have, I was at both derbies, the St Johnstone game, the Ross county game :confused: then the epic Conrad logan show against Dundee united, and before you all call me the big game attendee only, I went to my fair share of games v Alloa etc as well! the cup final weekend was absolutely incredible, like most hibees I went in with hope more than expectation. The feeling after the first goal was just sheer disbelief as every other cup final I had been to we had never been infront... I'll admit to being pessimistic about us holding on and well we didn't initially. When we went 2-1 down it just felt like it was going to be the same old story, when stokes skied it from 6 yards I thought that it was going to be one of those days, again. To go on and win the game was unbelievable, ive only been waiting around 20 years for it to happen whereas my granddad has 80 odd so I knew that even though it meant the world to me it must mean oh so much more to those have been waiting so long. I wanted to cry but I was too happy if that even makes sense, I just couldn't wipe the smile off my face and still cannot! i'll admit I was one of the many who graced the pitch, but only to celebrate, none of that other nonsense was anything to do with me. I did however grab Darren McGregor and kiss his face around 5 times before telling him I love him. Was a day I will never forget, I did have a bit of the turf which I found pre dug up believe it or not, was so looking forward to it being in my garden for years to come. However I was a donut and left it on the bus :rolleyes: The parade the following day was one of the best things ive ever seen in my life. My voice was lost for around a week and my livers wellbeing is in question :greengrin I was always wanting to renew but that weekend confirmed it. Today I signed up for my season ticket and cannot wait to attend ER regularly next season regardless of the opposition, its the home team I care about anyway. Here's to a good season!

GGTTH :flag:

:agree:

I'm quietly confident of having a good season next one with a League winners celebration to cap off the Scottish Cup this year.

The Harp
04-06-2016, 08:31 PM
You've expressed your feelings eloquently DH, well done. That was some Cup Final weekend eh. I wish you many, many more happy seasons following the Hibees.
God Bless the Hibs!

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Great to see people coming back and Hibernian must do everything to continue to capitalise on the 'feel good' factor following the cup success