View Full Version : When Hibs last won the Scottish cup.......

04-06-2016, 07:40 AM
A pint of milk cost 45p

04-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Huns were singing sectarian songs

04-06-2016, 07:47 AM
The Hearts were in their beds

04-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Muhammad Ali was still alive

Irish Dave
04-06-2016, 07:49 AM
David Cameron was prime minister

04-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Britain was still in the EU

hibbypostie
04-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Hearts still hadn't won the league cup

04-06-2016, 07:55 AM
We had a manager.

Santa Cruz
04-06-2016, 07:55 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?p0=0&year=2016&month=5&day=21&hour=0&min=0&sec=0

days

hours

minutes

seconds

since Saturday, 21 May 2016, 00:00:00 (UTC time)

04-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Elizabeth the First was still the Queen in the UK

04-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Buffalo Bill had been dead 99 years.

04-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Leicester City were Premier League Champions

04-06-2016, 08:12 AM
Hearts hadn't won the League Cup for 54 years.

04-06-2016, 08:15 AM
The rangers still hadn't ever won the Scottish cup.

04-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Elizabeth the First was still the Queen in the UK

Surely you mean Elizabeth the Second?

04-06-2016, 08:27 AM

Elizabeth the First of the United Kingdom.

She's only Elizabeth the Second of England.

04-06-2016, 08:28 AM

Walked right into it mate :greengrin

04-06-2016, 08:29 AM

04-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Bhs was still a high st store.

04-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Stokesy was on fire. IIRC.

04-06-2016, 08:38 AM
It was still Malonga's fault.

04-06-2016, 09:40 AM
LVG was Man Utd manager

04-06-2016, 09:46 AM
David Gray was still a mere mortal.

Juice-Terry
04-06-2016, 09:48 AM
I was at Hampden tearing down goal posts, digging up the turf, standing on advertising boards, assaulting The Rangers players, and battling Huns.

04-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Jambo's cried.

04-06-2016, 10:02 AM
The cup was paraded in a fossil fuel powered vehicle.

04-06-2016, 10:06 AM
There were no threads 'Stevenson' or 'Hanlon' or 'Anybody think Deeks Could Still Do A Job For Us?'

04-06-2016, 10:06 AM
I cried.

KDY Hibs
04-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Martin Boyle was sober

04-06-2016, 10:25 AM

D'Oh ahhh ok I'll give you that !!!

04-06-2016, 10:28 AM
My mate kev bought a round

04-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Rangers fans were selflessly preparing to protect their players, their staff, their families, the entire population of Govan and Western civilisation as we know it.

04-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Martin Boyle was sober
Best one yet!

Zidane hadn't won the champions league as both a player and a manager, and John McGinn was still Alan Stubbs' man.

Northern Hibby
04-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Martin Boyle was sober

Has he sobered up yet?

04-06-2016, 10:55 AM
There was a funereal hush around the area of Gorgie, punctuated by the hysterical laughter of pockets of isolated local Hibees.

PaulC
04-06-2016, 11:13 AM
There were trams running along Princes Street

04-06-2016, 11:15 AM
There was a funereal hush around the area of Gorgie, punctuated by the hysterical laughter of pockets of isolated local Hibees.
In the words of Herman's Hermits:

There's a kind of hush
All over Gorgie tonight
All over Dalry
You can hear the sound of Jambos in cry

04-06-2016, 12:15 PM
There were trams running along Princes Street

:greengrin:

That's brilliant

04-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Martin Boyle was sober

Stokesy was sober too (but also on fire)

SuperAllyMcleod
04-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Elizabeth the First of the United Kingdom.

She's only Elizabeth the Second of England.

Pedant Alert!

Actually when Churchill was prime minister a law (or an act of parliament) was passed to save the monarch from being called King David the x of England and y of Scotland - it was decreed that they should just take the highest number of the two!

Therefore, should we get another James (for example) then he will be known as James the 8th and not James the 3rd of England and 8th of Scotland.

I'll get my coat [emoji16]

04-06-2016, 12:43 PM
I was there, I was there.

Tobias Funke
04-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Martin Boyle was sober

Jumbo
04-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Has he sobered up yet?

No, he's in Prague on stag do at moment 😎🍻

04-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Pedant Alert!

Actually when Churchill was prime minister a law (or an act of parliament) was passed to save the monarch from being called King David the x of England and y of Scotland - it was decreed that they should just take the highest number of the two!

Therefore, should we get another James (for example) then he will be known as James the 8th and not James the 3rd of England and 8th of Scotland.

I'll get my coat [emoji16]

He was a Tory, so it disnae count

04-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Grown men cried for weeks, Gray, 92 became a magic number, Logan, 100 years of pain were washed away, Hanlon, a club was reborn, Fontaine, ordinary men became heroes, Fyvie, there really was Sunshine on Leith, McGeouch, Hibee families had the best parties of their lives, Stevenson, Angels Up Above were remembered and toasted, McGinn, 150,000 Hibernian supporters turned Leith Walk and Leith Links into became a human river of green and white, McGregor, football fans all over the globe were in awe of 25,000 fans singing the best club anthem in the world, Stokes, people hugged and cuddled strangers in celebration, Cummings, political leaders of the UK and Scotland congratulated Hibernian, Gunnarrson, Kenny Miller had the class to step into the Hibernian changing room to congratulate the Hibernian players, Henderson, when the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup we were there, Keatings, we stood for the entire game, Stubbs, people prayed, Edinburgh saw one of the longest and most peaceful set of street parties it has ever had, 1,000,000 didn't become a magic number, #weargreen worked, it was a Time for Heroes, their defence was terrified because Stokesy was on fire, Hibee love was in the air, there was a harp back on the stand and Trainspotting 2 was being made, we Hibsed it 3-2, the emotion was indescribable, tattooists ran out of green ink, wee boys and girls went proudly into school as winners, we were on our way from misery to happiness that day, we had McGinn - super John McGinn I just don't think they understood, it was the 21st day in May of 2016, we had a younger team and while we didn't want to brag - we just wanted to say that the Scottish Cup was in the bag, Pat Stanton watched Hibernian win the Scottish Cup, nothing else mattered, we lived redemption and joy, as the Cup was lifted it was "At last, at last, at last", like Japanese soldiers in the jungle there were Hibees out celebrating long long after it was all over, everyone one of us always remembered exactly where we were when Hibernian won the Cup, we did finally it and when we did we earned it the hard way - clean and fair, it was the greatest game in history and up in heaven they were giein the ba' tae Reilly.

It really was Glory Glory to the Hibees.

04-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Grown men cried for weeks, Gray, 92 became a magic number, Logan, 100 years of pain were washed away, Hanlon, a club was reborn, Fontaine, ordinary men became heroes, Fyvie, there really was Sunshine on Leith, McGeouch, Hibee families had the best parties of their lives, Stevenson, Angels Up Above were remembered and toasted, McGinn, 150,000 Hibernian supporters turned Leith Walk and Leith Links into became a human river of green and white, McGregor, football fans all over the globe were in awe of 25,000 fans singing the best club anthem in the world, Stokes, people hugged and cuddled strangers in celebration, Cummings, political leaders of the UK and Scotland congratulated Hibernian, Gunnarrson, Kenny Miller had the class to step into the Hibernian changing room to congratulate the Hibernian players, Henderson, when the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup we were there, Keatings, we stood for the entire game, Stubbs, people prayed, Edinburgh saw one of the longest and most peaceful set of street parties it has ever had, 1,000,000 didn't become a magic number, #weargreen worked, it was a Time for Heroes, their defence was terrified because Stokesy was on fire, Hibee love was in the air, there was a harp back on the stand and Trainspotting 2 was being made, we Hibsed it 3-2, the emotion was indescribable, tattooists ran out of green ink, wee boys and girls went proudly into school as winners, we were on our way from misery to happiness that day, we had McGinn - super John McGinn I just don't think they understood, it was the 21st day in May of 2016, we had a younger team and while we didn't want to brag - we just wanted to say that the Scottish Cup was in the bag, Pat Stanton watched Hibernian win the Scottish Cup, nothing else mattered, we lived redemption and joy, as the Cup was lifted it was "At last, at last, at last", like Japanese soldiers in the jungle there were Hibees out celebrating long long after it was all over, everyone one of us always remembered exactly where we were when Hibernian won the Cup, we did finally it and when we did we earned it the hard way - clean and fair, it was the greatest game in history and up in heaven they were giein the ba' tae Reilly.

I was just about to say that.....great post

Salisbury Hibby
04-06-2016, 01:54 PM
The Proclaimers couldn't get the time off at work.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

04-06-2016, 01:56 PM
I was there, I was there.

So was I S.

Man Down Under
04-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Horses were used to get fans off the pitch.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

04-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Rangers fans ran on to the pitch to congratulate their rivals.

04-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Half of the security for the game were rushing back from ibrox where they'd been sent as the rangers had planned to take the trophy straight there and throw the doors open to the huns.

Irish Dave
04-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Some people still believed in magic hats

04-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Some people still believed in magic hats

JohnMcM
04-06-2016, 02:56 PM
I immediately thought of all those who waited so long to see it but weren't with us any more, and wept unashamedly.

Dublin07
04-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Grown men cried and we're still crying 2 weeks later....... Meanwhile in Glasgow a London wide boy was wandering the streets asking if anyone had respectfully seen his hat with respect.

04-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Some people were still trapped in 1690

Dublin07
04-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Some people were still trapped in 1690

In a disgusting insult to the people of her constituency the first minister refused to send a taskforce to save them and bring them back to 2016.

Dublin07
04-06-2016, 03:38 PM
There were people on the pitch.. They thought it was all over.. It was after 114 years.

04-06-2016, 03:48 PM
So was I S.

Lots of hibees in Iraq.

04-06-2016, 03:48 PM

Awesome, as my kids now say.

04-06-2016, 04:23 PM
So was I S.

IS were at the game?

How did they get past the security?

SuperAllyMcleod
04-06-2016, 04:30 PM
He was a Tory, so it disnae count

Aye, fair point! [emoji4]

04-06-2016, 04:36 PM
IS were at the game?

Hampden security? Probably very easily

04-06-2016, 06:29 PM
IS were at the game?

They wore blue to blend in with the other bigots who misuse religion to justify their hatred.

04-06-2016, 06:46 PM
In a disgusting insult to the people of her constituency the first minister refused to send a taskforce to save them and bring them back to 2016.

Or alternatively she gauged the wider political opinion in a modern society and thought **** it leave them where they are, at least we know where to find them when we finally decide to do something about it. Cheaper than putting a fence up.

Dublin07
04-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Or alternatively she gauged the wider political opinion in a modern society and thought **** it leave them where they are, at least we know where to find them when we finally decide to do something about it. Cheaper than putting a fence up.

There would never be a big enough fence . I can already see them starting a petition against fences.

04-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Lee wallace wasn't a grass.

...OK, taxi for me!

Ilovehibs
04-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Our lives changed for the better forever.

04-06-2016, 09:52 PM

I love you, man! :greengrin :top marks

paulhfc88
04-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Hearts used to have a song about 1902

04-06-2016, 10:26 PM
The Rangers were the current holders of The Challenge Cup.

TAHibby
04-06-2016, 11:14 PM
A magnificent alternatively coloured moon could be seen in the night sky

Topographic Hibby
04-06-2016, 11:53 PM
The Rangers conspired with the mainstream Scottish media to tell a pack of lies about the their supporters conduct and non-existent attacks on all of their players and staff in a vain attempt to have Hibs thrown out of the Europa League draw so that they could plug the hole in their finances that now exists, so large that they can't afford to pay The Magic Hat his promised promotion bonus, causing said Hat-Bloke to disappear off the edge of the planet and leave the entire matter in the hands of his lawyers, whilst The Rangers continue to howl at the moon courtesy of a fat bloke from Airdrie, so much so that the SFA compliance unit are pouring over his proclamations, which is ironic as the SFA are squirming like a worm on a hook over the matter of Rangers right to play in Europe years ago, despite a tax bill being unpaid.

Was it really just two weeks ago?

05-06-2016, 12:06 AM

That so needs paragraphs.

Unreadable.

05-06-2016, 12:07 AM
IS were at the game?

Haha, should have proof read that before I posted.

05-06-2016, 05:10 AM

WWFTWTG
05-06-2016, 08:05 AM
The Rangers manager was reported missing in action - has he been found yet?

05-06-2016, 08:29 AM
The Bay City Rollers were together.

05-06-2016, 08:31 AM

We're all greetin' again.
Go no' dae that. :greengrin

AltheHibby
05-06-2016, 08:52 AM
The hertz still had no debt. Except the debt they owe budgie.

05-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Hearts Main Stand was 102 years old.