PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets/ Neil

Enough said
04-06-2016, 07:40 AM
If we get Lennon , can we get the 10000 mark that the board are looking to achieve?

Hibeesmad
04-06-2016, 08:07 AM
If we appoint Lennon and sign one or two players who are too good to play in this league then yes

Keith_M
04-06-2016, 08:11 AM
If Lennon signs up, we might just lose one or two.

My Dad will probably return his for one :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
04-06-2016, 08:20 AM
We should be selling 10k no problem after the cup final victory. Where are all those who were at the parade?

S4uzee
04-06-2016, 08:23 AM
We should be selling 10k no problem after the cup final victory. Where are all those who were at the parade?

Very true. If only 10% signed up for a season ticket that would make a huge difference

easty
04-06-2016, 08:23 AM
I don't think we'll sell 10k season tickets. Would be great, and should be achievable, but I don't see it happening.

Maybe if we made a Sauzee-esque signing we would do it. The money's no there for that though.

Golden Bear
04-06-2016, 08:36 AM
I don't think we'll sell 10k season tickets. Would be great, and should be achievable, but I don't see it happening.

Maybe if we made a Sauzee-esque signing we would do it. The money's no there for that though.

:agree:

We'll be skint, all last season's Scottish Cup income will find its way into the SFA's coffers rather than ours.

pontius pilate
04-06-2016, 08:38 AM
After getting promotion at work and it not really appealing to me anymore ( work that is) I'm looking for a new job that will hopefully free up my saturdays. Thus allowing me to purchase a season ticket

Roxyhibee
04-06-2016, 09:08 AM
We should be able to exceed 10,000 season tickets easily, but we probably won't.

My fellow Hibbies have frustrated me throughout the decades with their excuses for staying away - "Not going back whilst Miller/Fenlon/Calderwood/Mixu is manager / until we beat Hearts / until we get into the top 4 / until we sign a decent striker / until we win the Scottish Cup, etc, etc, etc.."

Despite hardly going to games, they seem to obsess and moan a lot more about about Hibs than I do and I've never stopped going since 1963 when I was 4.

How many clubs in Britain could draw well over 100,000 to an incredibly emotional cup parade and still struggle to get a tiny fraction of that through the turnstiles.? And I'd like to think the vast majority of the Hampden pitch invaders are season tickets holders...surely.!?

We've just won the Scottish Cup in the most incredible, envious way and the future could be very bright if we just back our club through the gates.. Come ON.!! (Sorry - came over all Delia Smith bevvied up at half time with a microphone there..!)

southsider
04-06-2016, 09:09 AM
We made over 3million from our cup runs. Will need to pay SFA fine but we are fan from skint. AS did not leave due to budget. Don't think NL would be interested if that were the case. Plenty credit cards deals on at the moment giving 1 years interest free credit. S/t about £7 a week !

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Hopefully there will be anther surge of Lennon comes, would surely entice some people to take the plunge

Sweet Left Peg
04-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately for some, it is a physical impossibility to get to more than a handful of games, for a variety of reasons.

Baldy Foghorn
04-06-2016, 09:26 AM
We should be able to exceed 10,000 season tickets easily, but we probably won't.

My fellow Hibbies have frustrated me throughout the decades with their excuses for staying away - "Not going back whilst Miller/Fenlon/Calderwood/Mixu is manager / until we beat Hearts / until we get into the top 4 / until we sign a decent striker / until we win the Scottish Cup, etc, etc, etc.."

Despite hardly going to games, they seem to obsess and moan a lot more about about Hibs than I do and I've never stopped going since 1963 when I was 4.

How many clubs in Britain could draw well over 100,000 to an incredibly emotional cup parade and still struggle to get a tiny fraction of that through the turnstiles.? And I'd like to think the vast majority of the Hampden pitch invaders are season tickets holders...surely.!?

We've just won the Scottish Cup in the most incredible, envious way and the future could be very bright if we just back our club through the gates.. Come ON.!! (Sorry - came over all Delia Smith bevvied up at half time with a microphone there..!)

Let's be having you:greengrin........

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2016, 09:26 AM
And there its started. :rolleyes:

tartanhibee
04-06-2016, 09:30 AM
I would like the club to update us on how season tickets sales are going. I know there is more important things at the moment but it would be nice to know. I think that if people can see people are buying into what we can it achieve it may encourage others to sign up.

Ardenttwo
04-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Hopefully there will be anther surge of Lennon comes, would surely entice some people to take the plunge
When do the new season tickets get issued

GlesgaeHibby
04-06-2016, 09:35 AM
I would like the club to update us on how season tickets sales are going. I know there is more important things at the moment but it would be nice to know. I think that if people can see people are buying into what we can it achieve it may encourage others to sign up.

7500 sold. 2500 still to renew. 1000 new st holders

tartanhibee
04-06-2016, 09:37 AM

I have missed this information thanks we are moving in the right direction hopefully get over the 9000 mark.

Real Emerald
04-06-2016, 09:38 AM
If we get Lennon , can we get the 10000 mark that the board are looking to achieve?

My wife wants to get one along with my son's GF but there are no seats anywhere near us available at the moment. ST seats that are not taken up don't get released until 10 June and by that time the payment plan is stopped. Seems a bit of a shame that anyone buying tickets after that date can't get the plan. I suppose you could always buy in another section and move if seats became available but I think ST sales would be boosted if the payment plan was still available after ST seats were released. :agree:

SlickShoes
04-06-2016, 09:38 AM
All this talk of supporting the club, the club is greater than any player or manager and then we have folk here saying they would give their ticket back because they don't like Neil Lennon, what a load of drama over nothing. Get along and support HIBS.

Baldy Foghorn
04-06-2016, 10:11 AM
And there its started. :rolleyes:

What, do you not think we should be pushing ST sales on the back of SC win?:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
04-06-2016, 10:11 AM
All this talk of supporting the club, the club is greater than any player or manager and then we have folk here saying they would give their ticket back because they don't like Neil Lennon, what a load of drama over nothing. Get along and support HIBS.

:top marks

marinello59
04-06-2016, 10:13 AM
My wife wants to get one along with my son's GF but there are no seats anywhere near us available at the moment. ST seats that are not taken up don't get released until 10 June and by that time the payment plan is stopped. Seems a bit of a shame that anyone buying tickets after that date can't get the plan. I suppose you could always buy in another section and move if seats became available but I think ST sales would be boosted if the payment plan was still available after ST seats were released. :agree:

Just buy seats now and move them later. It's easily done.

GlesgaeHibby
04-06-2016, 10:14 AM
We made over 3million from our cup runs. Will need to pay SFA fine but we are fan from skint. AS did not leave due to budget. Don't think NL would be interested if that were the case. Plenty credit cards deals on at the moment giving 1 years interest free credit. S/t about £7 a week !

It will have been a financial boost of course, getting to two finals but nowhere near £3 million.

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 10:19 AM
When do the new season tickets get issued

Good question, is the home Europa league game included in it? Might be sometime early July?

Billy Whizz
04-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Good question, is the home Europa league game included in it? Might be sometime early July?

Won't be included, but hope the cards are out by then

basehibby
04-06-2016, 10:41 AM
I'm never going to get to much more than 12 games a season these days so a ST doesn't make financial sense for me - but even still I have thought about getting a ST just as a Thankyou to the club for finally lifting the SC. Other demands on my cash will probably rule that out but - if I'm thinking that way then more than likely so will many others so I'd be hopeful of an upsurge in ST sales and general attendances next season.

basehibby
04-06-2016, 10:59 AM

:agree: This - I was gobsmacked this season at how poor our attendances were for the play off games - these were MASSIVE fixtures for the club and I fully expected the stadium to be packed to the rafters. But there were barely 10,000 home fans at each of the ties at ER. The fans are certainly out there and the hope is that the (significant) proportion of fatalistic "what's the point they always let us down" defeatists amongst our support will have their heads turned and boost the attendances and so the coffers of our new manager in the season to come. Mind you I don't know what that'll do to the atmosphere if we don't get off to a flier - but you can't have it all ways eh?!?

Jdawg
04-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Brilliant. Some people will use any excuse not to go.

AgentDaleCooper
04-06-2016, 11:08 AM
I'll be buying a couple of season tickets tomorrow for me and the old man :aok:

bookert
04-06-2016, 11:13 AM

two less to renew I renewed with my son yesterday

Nicho87
04-06-2016, 11:14 AM
I'm never going to get to much more than 12 games a season these days so a ST doesn't make financial sense for me - but even still I have thought about getting a ST just as a Thankyou to the club for finally lifting the SC. Other demands on my cash will probably rule that out but - if I'm thinking that way then more than likely so will many others so I'd be hopeful of an upsurge in ST sales and general attendances next season.

An idea possibly, sell your season ticket for games you cant attend to a trusting fan for a wee bit cheaper mate. Both parties happy?

Fuzzywuzzy
04-06-2016, 11:15 AM
I've got one for me and the boy, FF lower. Have been told thought I'm better off looking to get the seats moved further back as the slanty rain comes in.

Nicho87
04-06-2016, 11:15 AM

Is this confirmed?

3pm
04-06-2016, 11:23 AM

And those who ran on the pitch...

Alfred E Newman
04-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Brilliant. Some people will use any excuse not to go.

When mentioning non attenders you are not allowed to use the word "excuse" on here.:rules:

keep the faith
04-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Is there anything we could do on hibs net to back the 10k initiative?

Posters could add "confirmed season ticket holder" to their status. A thread to share whenever we can persuade someone else to commit to a season. Just think we need to really back this initiative after such a momentous season.

Hibeewilly
04-06-2016, 11:42 AM
1000% correct. What a platform we have to build on and increase our support. If we cant do it from this position I'm afraid we never will IMHO

southsider
04-06-2016, 11:49 AM
What about a pre-season friendly where the youth time parades the cup before Kick off. S/T holders free. Might shift a few more.

Sean1875
04-06-2016, 11:50 AM
it's the same old story.. if we're top come Christmas by 20 points people will still say they're not going back because we're not top by 23 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
04-06-2016, 12:32 PM
I saw the statement from LD where she said 7,500 sold .... 1000 new STs included in that figure with 2,000 existing ST holders still to renew.

I highly doubt more than half of the 2,000 will fail to renew so we are looking at a minimum of 8,500 ..... but with 8 weeks to go until the league season kicks off its not unreasonable to think that we could hit at least 9,000 by then.

That accounts for less than 10% of the minimum 100,000 people who cared enough about Hibs to come out on to the streets two weeks ago. If every one of them bought one match ticket next season and the average spent was £15 a ticket that would give Hibs £1,350,000 in the coffers. If they all went to one league game, added to the 9,000 ST holders our average home league crowd would be at least 11,500 not counting away fans.

So forget season tickets for the moment ............. All that milling about down Leith Walk or Leith Links getting pissed singing 'Stokes is on fire' and waving your wee flag does for Hibernian football club is make for some spectacular pictures for the programme and the boardroom wall ... it does NOTHING .... absolutely NOTHING ... for the good health, on field success, or future of Hibernian FC if you don't back up that alleged enthusiasm by going to see them at least once next season.

Call yourself a Hibs fan ... but the truth is a St Mirren, Dundee Utd or Falkirk fan who pays to watch his team twice at ER next season is doing more than you Leith Walk Hibs supporters to help the club ...... FFS go to a game and become a real Hibs fan again.

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 12:34 PM

Well I'm in the same boat, looking at 12-13 games out of 18 but thought the club and these players deserved it so buying a season ticket was the best way of doing that. ive done a lot of moaning about hibs in the past, lot of it justified to but, I think the club deserve something back from punters like me.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Well I'm in the same boat, looking at 12-13 games out of 18 but thought the club and these players deserved it so buying a season ticket was the best way of doing that. ive done a lot of moaning about hibs in the past, lot of it justified to but, I think the club deserve something back from punters like me.

Good man.

Fwiw, i know of two boys getting STs who havent had them since mowbray era, and at least one more guy who has always been a hibby, but who i have never known to even go. His son took him to the final, and hes caught the bug again.

Club need to be doing everything rhey can to maximise this moment

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Also, do those of us who renewed before the cup final get more loyalty points?

😈

Haymaker
04-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Just to point out, some of us at the parade and final can't make every week. I live in London and work in football, no chance am I able to get every Saturday off or afford to travel up every week.

I would if I could but I can't.

HibsNutter
04-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Obviously everyone at the parade can't go every week, it's fine. Can 130,000 of those people not go? Doubt it.

Most people just aren't bothered unless it comes to a big day, which is a personal priority and nothing we can do, it's up to you if you want to go. But surely now this team are lauded as legends, more people will bother to come down and support them to get back to where we belong.

Ronniekirk
04-06-2016, 01:03 PM
For a third season in the championship if we get to 9,000 thats progress
Headcoach appointment will help shift a few more depending who it is and a few key signings also
With Stokes AndHenderson away we need a couple of quality signings in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the tornadoe
04-06-2016, 01:14 PM
First post .. be kind lol

Regular attender to matches home & away, season ticket for me & the boy (10) just purchased for the West

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 01:33 PM
True I think that yeah the cup final has a lot to do with it but kids are the main thing. I got two boys now (3 and 1) and that changes things. Want them supporting hibs, not local English sides down here. Looks like the trains will be doing well out of us in years to come!

Haymaker
04-06-2016, 01:35 PM
True I think that yeah the cup final has a lot to do with it but kids are the main thing. I got two boys now (3 and 1) and that changes things. Want them supporting hibs, not local English sides down here. Looks like the trains will be doing well out of us in years to come!

Do as my old man did and brainwash them. Pretty sure hibs won every week when I were a lad.

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Do as my old man did and brainwash them. Pretty sure hibs won every week when I were a lad.

Haha thanks for the tip mate

lucky
04-06-2016, 02:17 PM
If we sell 7500 ST in the championship that is decent. As for the 150000 fans on the street for the parade most were families and people who support Hibs but don't go to games. It would great if they did want to go to but I'm not sure that many fans can afford it. The parade was a carnival and free lots people wanted to be part of history.

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 02:22 PM
If we sell 7500 ST in the championship that is decent. As for the 150000 fans on the street for the parade most were families and people who support Hibs but don't go to games. It would great if they did want to go to but I'm not sure that many fans can afford it. The parade was a carnival and free lots people wanted to be part of history.

I'd agree with that. The key is being in the championship with no 'glamour' games such as a local derby against the yams or the gruesome twosome from Glasgow to whet the appetite. Let's give ourselves credit. All things considered, 9,000-10,000 ST holders is good going

Cocaine&Caviar
04-06-2016, 03:12 PM
At the end of the day people do have to remember that its bloody expensive, especially when it comes to value for money.

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2016, 03:16 PM
What, do you not think we should be pushing ST sales on the back of SC win?:rolleyes:

Sarcastic remarks don't help, especially when you don't know how many will renew this season.

Unless you expect a full house every week because we took more than that to Hampden?

Real Emerald
04-06-2016, 03:29 PM

Regular attender to matches home & away, season ticket for me & the boy (10) just purchased for the West

Well done and welcome 🏆👍

ronaldo7
04-06-2016, 03:30 PM

I had my Mrs with me at the parade, but no way is she coming to ER with me on match day.:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
04-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Sarcastic remarks don't help, especially when you don't know how many will renew this season.

Unless you expect a full house every week because we took more than that to Hampden?

I wasn't being sarcastic. LD sent out e-mail, saying the same thing. Unlike your second sentence (that's sarcasm)

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2016, 06:49 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic. LD sent out e-mail, saying the same thing. Unlike your second sentence (that's sarcasm)

I think if she said that, then that it is sarcastic. The last thing we need now when there is a feel good factor around the club is a them and us debate.

I'm sure we will find people coming back off the cup win and new manager appointment.

Baldy Foghorn
04-06-2016, 06:52 PM
I think if she said that, then that it is sarcastic. The last thing we need now when there is a feel good factor around the club is a them and us debate.

I'm sure we will find people coming back off the cup win and new manager appointment.

She is trying to tap into a huge potential, and the feel good factor, don't think her email was sarcastic at all, more of a matter of fact

keep the faith
04-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Is there anything we could do on hibs net to back the 10k initiative?

Posters could add "confirmed season ticket holder" to their status. A thread to share whenever we can persuade someone else to commit to a season. Just think we need to really back this initiative after such a momentous season.

Not one up for hibs net backing season ticket sales then?

Finn2015
04-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Not one up for hibs net backing season ticket sales then?

I am but I'll be honest I don't know how it would be done but that's probably why I'm a follower and not a leader

Ilovehibs
04-06-2016, 09:44 PM
I've got one for me and the boy, FF lower. Have been told thought I'm better off looking to get the seats moved further back as the slanty rain comes in.

Good seats near the back of the FF lower will def be available next Saturday- our group of ST holders are moving to the East.

Hi Heid Yin
04-06-2016, 10:13 PM

Welcome aboard and well done for getting those season tickets!
:flag::flag:

Hibbyradge
04-06-2016, 10:14 PM

I'm back in York.

A few guys I know are in London and some in Australia.

Hope that helps. :wink:

EastCalderHibby
04-06-2016, 10:30 PM

welcome to .net

Baldy Foghorn
04-06-2016, 10:42 PM
I'm back in York.

Might explain a minority.....

FifeHibs
04-06-2016, 10:46 PM
No season ticket for myself due to work but purchased 4 season tickets for the leith links kicks for kids.

Hope they enjoy the experience

northstandhibby
04-06-2016, 10:50 PM
No season ticket for myself due to work but purchased 4 season tickets for the leith links kicks for kids.

:clapper:

Excellent. Top man.

Glory Glory

Scott Allan Key
04-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Two extra child seasons plus mine this year relocated in East. Will also be getting Hibs Lego buses (incl 1 inboxed) for them plus cup pictures, Photobook, Bluray (hopefully rather than DVD). It's a good time to build on happy memories.

One Day
04-06-2016, 11:03 PM

That's the way to do it

Haymaker
04-06-2016, 11:19 PM
That's the way to do it

It worked, two Saturdays ago was worth it!

YorkshireHibee
04-06-2016, 11:22 PM
Im back in Leeds repairing my bank balance and liver..... moved here last year with work (and to be honest regret every sodding minute) but I've renewed my ST for next year too, slightly harder to get to away/night games but that's the price you pay when you live away eh?

OtleyHibs
04-06-2016, 11:28 PM
Im back in Leeds repairing my bank balance and liver..... moved here last year with work (and to be honest regret every sodding minute) but I've renewed my ST for next year too, slightly harder to get to away/night games but that's the price you pay when you live away eh?

I'm in Leeds too but can't afford a season ticket (especially one that won't get used half the time) plus travel costs etc. Fair play to you mate and hope the regret passes (I've been here 12/13 years an it hasn't!!) : )

YorkshireHibee
04-06-2016, 11:29 PM
I'm in Leeds too but can't afford a season ticket (especially one that won't get used half the time) plus travel costs etc. Fair play to you mate and hope the regret passes (I've been here 12/13 years an it hasn't!!) : )
Cheers man, it's easy for me cos I work for the railway so travel only costs when I take the car up the road!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

jgl07
04-06-2016, 11:55 PM
All this talk of supporting the club, the club is greater than any player or manager and then we have folk here saying they would give their ticket back because they don't like Neil Lennon, what a load of drama over nothing.
Any who comes out with crap like that is either a bigot or a drama queen. Hibs are probably better off without them.

05-06-2016, 04:59 AM

Very extreme. Neil Lennon may not be everyones cup of tea but the club is bigger than any player/manager. Get along and support the team.

Greenworld
05-06-2016, 06:18 AM
I'm back in York.

I'm sure you guys all help by paying for hibs tv and donating through HSL

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

MacGruber
05-06-2016, 06:46 AM
Very extreme. Neil Lennon may not be everyones cup of tea but the club is bigger than any player/manager. Get along and support the team.

Really don't want Lennon to get the gig - which is nothing to do with any off the field/sectarian side show. Has more of a Butcheresque feel than a Stubbs/Mowbray. Did really well with Celtic in a job where it was hard not to be doing really well with what the rest of Scottish football had to offer and resources at hand. Still did well and the European results were fantastic, can't take that away from him. Looking at his time at Bolton though is quite worrying. Not one Bolton fan would take him back. Extenuating circumstances there but even so very very poor on all fronts.
Whilst this is my opinion if Lennon gets the gig from the day it's announced I'll quickly give myself an 'oh well' then will back the man 100% and be a new season ticket holder next year as couldn't manage last year (tho walked up to 14). If he gets it hope he goes and proves me wrong

GGTTH
Scottish Cup winners 2016

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Let's get lapsed guys to buy again, tempt first timers to buy, this is OUR club.....

lucky
05-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Let's get lapsed guys to buy again, tempt first timers to buy, this is OUR club.....

Great post. I'm excited about the new season. Only 15 days to the Europa league qualifier draw. #GGTTH

Finn2015
05-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Great post. I'm excited about the new season. Only 15 days to the Europa league qualifier draw. #GGTTH

Yip me to and hopefully will be able to swing time off work to go the home leg. All excited and I just can't hide it

eastterrace
05-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Let's get lapsed guys to buy again, tempt first timers to buy, this is OUR club..... spoke to fan earlier today he says not getting one as a bit cheesed of with hibs , I ask we have just one the cup and your cheesed off , some guys will never be pleased just a pity they support hibs

Carheenlea
05-06-2016, 02:33 PM
10,000 season tickets would be terrific, and a reasonable figure to maybe expect from the numbers attending high profile fixtures. While everyone enjoyed the cup final, no one more so than the fans who have been there every step of the way experiencing the highs and lows that go with supporting Hibs. A season ticket is rewarding - you might not manage every game, but you can feel that despite not actually being good enough to be out on the park yourself, you have done all you can for the club. You will have done your bit.

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2016, 05:49 PM
spoke to fan earlier today he says not getting one as a bit cheesed of with hibs , I ask we have just one the cup and your cheesed off , some guys will never be pleased just a pity they support hibs

Why is he cheesed off at the moment, genuine question, is there something Hibs can do to rectify issue?

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Why is he cheesed off at the moment, genuine question, is there something Hibs can do to rectify issue?

aye, get promoted! :wink:

Sorry - couldn't resist...

dchibs
05-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Cheers man, it's easy for me cos I work for the railway so travel only costs when I take the car up the road!

Think you must have been one off the guys i was talking to before the parade if so common the Blades and well done Hull.:aok:

YorkshireHibee
05-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Think you must have been one off the guys i was talking to before the parade if so common the Blades and well done Hull.:aok:
I can barely mind that weekend!

eastterrace
05-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Why is he cheesed off at the moment, genuine question, is there something Hibs can do to rectify issue? he said not worth 380 pound so I said if we all were like him then their would be no hibs. Just can't please some off our fans , too cold crap kick off times raining or windy so now we win cup and still get the excuses flung in

Finn2015
05-06-2016, 07:33 PM

Give him a free ticket

Marco G
05-06-2016, 09:41 PM
he said not worth 380 pound so I said if we all were like him then their would be no hibs. Just can't please some off our fans , too cold crap kick off times raining or windy so now we win cup and still get the excuses flung in
Difficult to decide what something is worth. As a Hibs fan I don't need to think about if its worth going along if I can afford it.

matty_f
05-06-2016, 09:42 PM

:top marks

Would genuinely do as much as I can for the club because I want us to be successful. The more season tickets we shift, the more chance we have of success.

IberianHibernian
05-06-2016, 09:44 PM
7500 sold. 2500 still to renew. 1000 new st holdersThis would mean we sold 9000 last season . Don`t think club ever states an exact number but most hibs.net estimates seemed to be 7000 to 7500 . Personally I think 9000 would be impressive and would still allow for late ST sales in August / September and half STs in December plus results of campaigns for improved walk up numbers .

Joe Baker2
06-06-2016, 11:40 AM
be a true hibby and supporter. Get behind the new manager whoever he is and support the team no matter where they are. The club is much bigger than any one manager, player or team. Love the club - buy a season ticket!

son of haggart
06-06-2016, 01:42 PM
With SKY reporting this yesterday:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10304628/neil-lennon-seeking-assurances-over-hibernian-job-sky-sources

I was wondering how far apart the club & NL might be on this?

How realistic is NL being I wonder?

If I was him my aims in the Hibs job (from a career perspective) would be:

Win the Championship in a stroll
Push for 2nd/3rd in first season in Premier
Win a cup

These would make him look a very good proposition to bigger clubs at the end on 17/18

All of the above require ££££££..... The first hurdle being his player/transfer kitty for the coming season? How much can the club afford/ how much does NL want?

At a guess I can see there being a sizeable gap with NL maybe looking for around £1M and the board down nearer the £500K mark.... Don't know why I pick those figures, they just seem about right. If NL is a realist he'll know that anymore than that is just plain silly and would never be granted but he'll be pushing to get the board up so as too make objective number one as easy as possible.

I may be wrong and both figures are half or maybe double the above... Just thought it worth discussing.

In terms of transfer/ player kitty, standard procedure is to look at the wage bill and any transfer money together. My guess is Lennon will seek assurances about the player budget in total - it will be down to what your board has budgeted for next season and whether the two sides can agree. So I doubt there will be talk of fees available for transfers - eg a player who requires a transfer fee of £500k will almost certainly have big wage demands (?£200k pa?) so it would be £700k in that financial year, £200k ongoing, off the overall budget.

GloryGlory
06-06-2016, 01:43 PM
This would mean we sold 9000 last season . Don`t think club ever states an exact number but most hibs.net estimates seemed to be 7000 to 7500 . Personally I think 9000 would be impressive and would still allow for late ST sales in August / September and half STs in December plus results of campaigns for improved walk up numbers .

Not necessarily. Some of the 7,500 could be new tickets, or people who haven't had a ticket for some years, who bought on the back of the cup final and the guarantee of a ticket.

FranckSuzy
06-06-2016, 01:50 PM

:thumbsup:

Nutmegged
06-06-2016, 02:05 PM
If the club announce Neil Lennon I think that would add around 1000 to the gate and deservedly so, the club would be showing real ambition here in my opinion and just like we're seeing now with Celtic fans and how they're reacting to Brendan Rodgers, I think the Hibs fans would also get a mighty boost, perception is everything, if you think big you'll most likely get that big reaction.

percy veer
06-06-2016, 02:51 PM
I saw the statement from LD where she said 7,500 sold .... 1000 new STs included in that figure with 2,000 existing ST holders still to renew.

I highly doubt more than half of the 2,000 will fail to renew so we are looking at a minimum of 8,500 ..... but with 8 weeks to go until the league season kicks off its not unreasonable to think that we could hit at least 9,000 by then.

That accounts for less than 10% of the minimum 100,000 people who cared enough about Hibs to come out on to the streets two weeks ago. If every one of them bought one match ticket next season and the average spent was £15 a ticket that would give Hibs £1,350,000 in the coffers. If they all went to one league game, added to the 9,000 ST holders our average home league crowd would be at least 11,500 not counting away fans.

So forget season tickets for the moment ............. All that milling about down Leith Walk or Leith Links getting pissed singing 'Stokes is on fire' and waving your wee flag does for Hibernian football club is make for some spectacular pictures for the programme and the boardroom wall ... it does NOTHING .... absolutely NOTHING ... for the good health, on field success, or future of Hibernian FC if you don't back up that alleged enthusiasm by going to see them at least once next season.

Call yourself a Hibs fan ... but the truth is a St Mirren, Dundee Utd or Falkirk fan who pays to watch his team twice at ER next season is doing more than you Leith Walk Hibs supporters to help the club ...... FFS go to a game and become a real Hibs fan again.

idiotic statement there, my son Is too young to go to the games perhaps should have left him in the house for the parade, after all has nothing to do with the future of the club

Roxyhibee
06-06-2016, 03:08 PM
idiotic statement there, my son Is too young to go to the games perhaps should have left him in the house for the parade, after all has nothing to do with the future of the club

Thats clearly not what he's getting at. And you know it.

We need to support our club by some financial commitment, whatever people can afford..

If you are able to pay for a season ticket, consider yourself a Hibs supporter, live in Edinburgh or close surrounding area, were singing, dancing celebrating and enjoying that incredible victory weekend (that showed the world our huge potential we all know we have at Hibs), maybe even got a ticket for the Final, were on the pitch, want more days like that, want a good squad of players and good manager, want to dominate your rivals in the future --- buy a season ticket.

Simple as that. There is no other way.

Finn2015
06-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Looking forward to it and I have to admit, slightly ashamed that I let my last season ticket go three years ago due to frustration. Much better and more committed hibs fans than me here but like I've said before, I've complained often enough in the past so after giving a day like they did just over two weeks ago, I feel I owe the club some backing

jacomo
06-06-2016, 03:25 PM
In terms of transfer/ player kitty, standard procedure is to look at the wage bill and any transfer money together. My guess is Lennon will seek assurances about the player budget in total - it will be down to what your board has budgeted for next season and whether the two sides can agree. So I doubt there will be talk of fees available for transfers - eg a player who requires a transfer fee of £500k will almost certainly have big wage demands (?£200k pa?) so it would be £700k in that financial year, £200k ongoing, off the overall budget.

Lol. Lessons in budgeting from a Yam.

MacGruber
08-06-2016, 06:45 PM
Really don't want Lennon to get the gig - which is nothing to do with any off the field/sectarian side show. Has more of a Butcheresque feel than a Stubbs/Mowbray. Did really well with Celtic in a job where it was hard not to be doing really well with what the rest of Scottish football had to offer and resources at hand. Still did well and the European results were fantastic, can't take that away from him. Looking at his time at Bolton though is quite worrying. Not one Bolton fan would take him back. Extenuating circumstances there but even so very very poor on all fronts.
Whilst this is my opinion if Lennon gets the gig from the day it's announced I'll quickly give myself an 'oh well' then will back the man 100% and be a new season ticket holder next year as couldn't manage last year (tho walked up to 14). If he gets it hope he goes and proves me wrong

GGTTH
Scottish Cup winners 2016

Well, didn't want the man think it's a mistake and we'll go backwards. That said he's in now... nearly... so as of now he gets 100% backing from me and will be getting the season ticket in.

Come on Neil - prove me wrong :flag: