PDA

View Full Version : Hibs talk to Lennon tonight

Pages : 1 [2]

Big L
05-06-2016, 06:59 PM
If and when we do, I would prefer that it wasn't him. The finance and scouting system at Celtic makes it difficult to fail, his first management job( Bolton) was nowt to get excited about and I really can't understand the clamour for his services.

Big L
05-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Stubbs brought his own management team.

Mackay's win %s are

Watford 33%
Cardiff 43%
Wigan 20%

Not exactly stellar!
I might be wrong, but did he not get Cardiff promoted?

bingo70
05-06-2016, 07:01 PM
If and when we do, I would prefer that it wasn't him. The finance and scouting system at Celtic makes it difficult to fail, his first management job( Bolton) was nowt to get excited about and I really can't understand the clamour for his services.

Why do you think Mowbray and Delia to a lesser extent both failed then?

Big L
05-06-2016, 07:03 PM
We don't currently have a management team so if he's got guys in mind then good. And he'll get a transfer budget just as Stubbs did last summer when We Got McGinn.

Transfer budget! Wi the exception of McGinn who did Hibs pay money for?

Big L
05-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Why do you think Mowbray and Delia to a lesser extent both failed then?

Did Delia win 2 titles, is that failure. I would take a bit of that. As for Mowbray, they didn't, t have the scouting system and they didn't spend money. I didn't say you can't fail I said it's difficult to fail.

SON OF PADDY
05-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Who of the other potential names would you have?

Tommy Wright from St Johnstone would be my first choice,
Lennon doesn't excite me at all.

Big L
05-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Hard to believe he's not been sounded out, mebbe fancies a shot down south.

Waxy
05-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Hmmmmm
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10304941/john-mcginn-believes-neil-lennon-would-make-him-a-better-player-at-hibernian

DunblaneHibby
05-06-2016, 07:39 PM

Me too. I wonder if he was considered

edwards
05-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Me too. I wonder if he was considered

Getting Tommy Wright would have meant the club paying out compensation, don't get me wrong he might have been a popular choice. Hibs will want to use the compensation we have received from Rotherham to pay for the next managers wages. If Lennon gets the job I sincerely don't want him to fail. He had to do what he had to do at Celtic as a player and a manger to succeed in the game. He done whatever he needed to do to win and that is the detemination we need to get us back up. Lets get behind him if he decides to take the job.

northstandhibby
05-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Neil wasn't someone I thought would be a candidate prior to hearing he was being considered. Now I am so very much hoping he is announced as the next Hibernian Manager. He is exactly what Hibs need - Honest - Unafraid to tell it how it is - Very High Profile - A Leader - Very Strong Minded etc. Please don't let this slip away Hibernian.

Glory Glory

truehibernian
05-06-2016, 08:42 PM

Having witnessed close hand during games the coaching throughout a game I'd say Alec Cleland (and last season both Cleland and Davidson) is absolutely vital to the Saints success.

Wright is a shouter - strikes me as old school - I'm not that impressed with him on his own, I think it's a good back room team that's seen them punch above their weight.

Regards Lennon - I recall the 1-1 game (Heffernan scoring) and Hibs won a free kick at the byeline - one of the Celtic subs laughed and Lennon went banzai and told him to get out the dugout and run the smile off his face. I think any other player would have been indifferent but you could tell the whole bench feared and respected him. He's an absolute winner - what we will need this season !

HibsNutter
05-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Hmmmmm
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/10304941/john-mcginn-believes-neil-lennon-would-make-him-a-better-player-at-hibernian

Nailed on then, he wouldn't be discussing Lennon otherwise.

Joe6-2
05-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Hmmmmm

He knows, you know!

s.a.m
05-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Nailed on then, he wouldn't be discussing Lennon otherwise.

Is he not just answering a question?:dunno:

Betty Boop
05-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Neil wasn't someone I thought would be a candidate prior to hearing he was being considered. Now I am so very much hoping he is announced as the next Hibernian Manager. He is exactly what Hibs need - Honest - Unafraid to tell it how it is - Very High Profile - A Leader - Very Strong Minded etc. Please don't let this slip away Hibernian.

Glory Glory

Doubt his wife would agree with you.

northstandhibby
05-06-2016, 08:51 PM

I've no idea about his private life. I was commenting on his football career.

Glory Glory

marinello59
05-06-2016, 09:10 PM

His private life is **** all to do with me.

SON OF PADDY
05-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Having witnessed close hand during games the coaching throughout a game I'd say Alec Cleland (and last season both Cleland and Davidson) is absolutely vital to the Saints success.

Wright is a shouter - strikes me as old school - I'm not that impressed with him on his own, I think it's a good back room team that's seen them punch above their weight.

Regards Lennon - I recall the 1-1 game (Heffernan scoring) and Hibs won a free kick at the byeline - one of the Celtic subs laughed and Lennon went banzai and told him to get out the dugout and run the smile off his face. I think any other player would have been indifferent but you could tell the whole bench feared and respected him. He's an absolute winner - what we will need this season !

Don't get me wrong mate !! If Lennon is given the job I'll back him 100%, just wouldn't be my personal preference.😉

PS he better not even think about bringing his old mate Sutton anywhere near ER.

eastmainsmsh
05-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Wonder if Alan Thompson will assist him if this is a goer

Smartie
05-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Don't get me wrong mate !! If Lennon is given the job I'll back him 100%, just wouldn't be my personal preference.

PS he better not even think about bringing his old mate Sutton anywhere near ER.

He can bring Sutton's brother along if he wants.

hibsbollah
05-06-2016, 09:58 PM
He has been a victim of sectarian abuse. We dismiss him because of that? Really?

When you think about it, so has Stubbs.

chrisski33
05-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Cant believe some of the anti lennon comments. Have any of these lennons haters ever met him

erin go bragh
05-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Imo Lennon would be a great appointment for us . The guy is a born winner , with the added bonus of European experience .

CallumHibs07
05-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Cant believe some of the anti lennon comments. Have any of these lennons haters ever met him

seems like a small minority to me. Lenny is the man to take us forward :agree:

Forza Fred
05-06-2016, 11:20 PM

Itwouldn't matter WHO was front runner.....there would always be a few on here who would slag him off!

KWJ
05-06-2016, 11:27 PM
Getting Tommy Wright would have meant the club paying out compensation, don't get me wrong he might have been a popular choice. Hibs will want to use the compensation we have received from Rotherham to pay for the next managers wages. If Lennon gets the job I sincerely don't want him to fail. He had to do what he had to do at Celtic as a player and a manger to succeed in the game. He done whatever he needed to do to win and that is the detemination we need to get us back up. Lets get behind him if he decides to take the job.

Exactly.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34504032

A lot of it at that and he seems happy at St. Johnstone. Why go for him, not get him and look bad?

Greencore
06-06-2016, 12:38 AM
If appointed I am not judging him on his management with Bolton or Celtic. I will judge him on his 20th game with hibs.

JOD
06-06-2016, 02:42 AM
110% Neil Lennon for me.

Keith_M
06-06-2016, 05:39 AM
Has he been announced as the new Manager yet?

:greengrin

Beefster
06-06-2016, 06:01 AM
If appointed I am not judging him on his management with Bolton or Celtic. I will judge him on his 20th game with hibs.

Who are we playing?

KWJ
06-06-2016, 06:54 AM
He can bring Sutton's brother along if he wants.

John? No thanks!

Greencore
06-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Who are we playing?

A football team.

Spike Mandela
06-06-2016, 07:14 AM

I've never met Margaret Thatcher, Vladimir romanov, Peter Sutcliffe, Jimmy Savile or Rudi Skacel but I don't like them???

You don't have to go to the North pole to know it's ****ing cold.:cb

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-06-2016, 07:29 AM
I've never met Margaret Thatcher, Vladimir romanov, Peter Sutcliffe, Jimmy Savile or Rudi Skacel but I don't like them???

But if you've never been then how do you really know :cb

Re Lennon, if we do get him then I'll be surprised as he's more a manager than a coach. Talks of him bringing his assistants too which again, doesn't really fit our structure but happy to go along with it if it actually happens.

Still think we'll get someone from out of leftfield.

Dashing Bob S
06-06-2016, 07:37 AM

Met him three times, a lovely guy; friendly, down to earth, and had time for everybody. On one occasion he charmed and disarmed, (slightly shaming in the process) a couple of snarky balloons who came over burdened by a hatred of him, although they had never previously met the guy.

He had no attitude or chip on his shoulder whatsoever, which is a lot more than can be said of most of his detractors.

I'm not an especially big fan of his as a manager, but as person he impressed me a great deal.

CockneyRebel
06-06-2016, 07:39 AM

Re Lennon, if we do get him then I'll be surprised as he's more a manager than a coach. Talks of him bringing his assistants too which again, doesn't really fit our structure but happy to go along with it if it actually happens.

AS took his staff with him so Lennon (if selected) would need to convince LD that his choices would fit.

Bayern Bru
06-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Wonder if Alan Thompson will assist him if this is a goer

Not a cat in hell's chance.

Lennon's right hand men were Mjallby and Parker until Mjallby took off; now Steve Walford (joint Ireland assistant boss) and Parker.

Dunno if Walford would end his Ireland involvement but he's been working with MON at Ireland since 2013.

Ozyhibby
06-06-2016, 08:04 AM

It fits perfectly. Stubbs brought his own assistants. There are three positions which need filled and it will be up to the new head coach to fill them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey09
06-06-2016, 09:31 AM
A football team.

So not Falkirk then...

ian cruise
06-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know what Celtic fans thought at the possibility of him returning after Deila? Obviously Rodgers being available and willing was the more tempting one but were the fans happy enough at the prospect of Lennon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was top choice amongst my Celtic supporting friends, all rate him very highly and they aren't in the he's one of our own crowd, they genuinely believe he's a good manager.

Betty Boop
06-06-2016, 10:39 AM
His private life is **** all to do with me.

You seem upset ?

TheSouthMoroccan
06-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Met him three times, a lovely guy; friendly, down to earth, and had time for everybody. On one occasion he charmed and disarmed, (slightly shaming in the process) a couple of snarky balloons who came over burdened by a hatred of him, although they had never previously met the guy.

He had no attitude or chip on his shoulder whatsoever, which is a lot more than can be said of most of his detractors.

I'm not an especially big fan of his as a manager, but as person he impressed me a great deal.

If the Dashing Bobster says he's a good guy then that is good enough for me. Thanks for sharing.

Houchy
07-06-2016, 07:48 AM

I love your analogy BTW, but I have been in his company at a charity night and I was very impressed with him. I went with the attitude that if he was a ******, I'd let him know it and remind him of why he was there. I was gunning for him to step out of line because of his reputation but he was a great guy all night through👍🏼

Spike Mandela
07-06-2016, 08:09 AM
I love your analogy BTW, but I have been in his company at a charity night and I was very impressed with him. I went with the attitude that if he was a ******, I'd let him know it and remind him of why he was there. I was gunning for him to step out of line because of his reputation but he was a great guy all night through

The proof of the pudding as they say will be in the eating and if he changes my opinion with his behaviour and his team's performances all well and good.

Thinking about it further, as a Hibs supporter, does it really matter if I like him or not as long as he gets the job done and get us promoted? Probably not, I support the team not the manager.

As long as the focus remains on Hibs and not his touchline behaviour and the media give him an even break without seeing everything Lennon/Hibs through the prism of the Old Firm and sectarianism.

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Just a wee bit anxious that there doesn't seem to be any imminent news about any appointment yet. hopefully there will be some tangible news soon

SeanWilson
07-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Just a wee bit anxious that there doesn't seem to be any imminent news about any appointment yet. hopefully there will be some tangible news soon
given the bookies have john hughes as 2nd fav, out at 5/1, 3rd being Malky McKay at 12/1.... i can't see anything other than NL being announced

JimBHibees
07-06-2016, 08:18 AM
I love your analogy BTW, but I have been in his company at a charity night and I was very impressed with him. I went with the attitude that if he was a ******, I'd let him know it and remind him of why he was there. I was gunning for him to step out of line because of his reputation but he was a great guy all night through

Havent met him but heard a story about him which was impressive. Mate of mines kid was a huge Rangers fan and was at the time signed for Motherwell as a youth player. This meant they were occasionally ball boys and Lennon was one of the very few professional players of any team that took the time to chat to some of the motherwell kids. Not a huge thing but sounded a positive story.

MrSmith
07-06-2016, 08:25 AM
S
pike Mandela

The proof of the pudding as they say will be in the eating and if he changes my opinion with his behaviour and his team's performances all well and good.

Thinking about it further, as a Hibs supporter, does it really matter if I like him or not as long as he gets the job done and get us promoted? Probably not, I support the team not the manager.

As long as the focus remains on Hibs and not his touchline behaviour and the media give him an even break without seeing everything Lennon/Hibs through the prism of the Old Firm and sectarianism.

I agree with much of what you say :) To add to it though, we are hated in the media too so, a match made in hell which will reconnect our spine to bring steal to our back bone enabling us to create a siege mentality and mental toughness we haven't had for a while! Bring it on!

swin1875
07-06-2016, 08:26 AM
If he goes to the euros tomorrow then it must be today we get an announcement??

SlickShoes
07-06-2016, 08:34 AM
If he goes to the euros tomorrow then it must be today we get an announcement??

Unless it's not him at all and someone completely different

Dr Jimmy
07-06-2016, 08:34 AM
S

I agree with much of what you say :) To add to it though, we are hated in the media too so, a match made in hell which will reconnect our spine to bring steal to our back bone enabling us to create a siege mentality and mental toughness we haven't had for a while! Bring it on!

I agree with what you are saying about the media. Here is a quote from the BBC Gossip page credited to the sun.

[COLOR=#252525]"Hibernian have pieced together a deal they believe can convince Neil Lennon to become their new boss".

Pieced together FFS?? They make it sound like we have had a whip round. Condescending pricks.

MrSmith
07-06-2016, 08:39 AM
^^^

its alway a negative spin on us! "piece together" is that more level5 nonsense? I really hate BBC Scotland with as much passion as I hate the Daily Record etc. Pandering to the whoredes is not what I pay my licence fee for!

swin1875
07-06-2016, 08:39 AM

Good point mate if it's Lennon it has to be today

J-C
07-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Anyone else thinking we're struggling to get a contract and extras together that's enough to convince Lennon to come.

Andy74
07-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Anyone else thinking we're struggling to get a contract and extras together that's enough to convince Lennon to come.

Not really.

Thecat23
07-06-2016, 08:46 AM

Nope, I think it's because couple of folk at Hibs have been away over the w'end and today should see it over the line. That's just my take on it anyway!

I'm fully convinced Lennon will be Hibs manager shortly.

GloryGlory
07-06-2016, 08:46 AM

No, I think we have made an offer, given Neil a deadline and he has gone away to think about it and speak to his coaching team and family. As anyone would when contemplating a move to a new job.

J-C
07-06-2016, 08:49 AM
No, I think we have made an offer, given Neil a deadline and he has gone away to think about it and speak to his coaching team and family. As anyone would when contemplating a move to a new job.

That's what I meant, they've come up with a deal and it's now up to him.

ahibby
07-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Not really.

Andy what do you think of NL as a candidate, good, bad or indifferent?

Andy74
07-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Andy what do you think of NL as a candidate, good, bad or indifferent?

I think he's just what we need. He's just been interviewed for the top job in Scotland again along with Rodgers so he is well thought of there.

He's certainly not one I'd have thought we would have had a chance with.

Players will respect him, he is well connected and a big draw for attracting players too.

Skåne Hibs
07-06-2016, 08:58 AM

From what I've read I don't think we're struggling to convince him. Given his experience at Bolton, he just wants guarantees written in black and white.
I think Lennon got the financial rug pulled out from under him at Bolton and now he's being very careful.

Spike Mandela
07-06-2016, 08:59 AM
Inside The SPFL (@AgentScotland)
07/06/2016, 09:22
Neil Lennon was the outstanding candidate for Hibs, they've offered him the job, unsure as yet if its a straight 2yr or a rolling contract.

07/06/2016, 09:32
He's well aware of the budget, has been told he can use it however he sees fit, Hibs are offering £2k p/w with £25k bonus on Promotion

pacoluna
07-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Just read the evening news article on Stephen Dobbie talking about lennon, Then done some browsing to see he is unattached to a club, Anyone think he could do a job at Hibs? Or is he past it.

GloryGlory
07-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Just read the evening news article on Stephen Dobbie talking about lennon, Then done some browsing to see he is unattached to a club, Anyone think he could do a job at Hibs? Or is he past it.

Jeez. Past it.

pacoluna
07-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Jeez. Past it.
Aye just looking at his stats his goals to games ratio aren't the best, Has had a decent career though and was a championship player last season who lennon played.

JimBHibees
07-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Neil Lennon was the outstanding candidate for Hibs, they've offered him the job, unsure as yet if its a straight 2yr or a rolling contract.

He's well aware of the budget, has been told he can use it however he sees fit, Hibs are offering £2k p/w with £25k bonus on Promotion

You do get the impression that guy just makes it up as he goes

E10 Rifle
07-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Jeez. Past it.

Depends how fit he is, last time I saw him was a couple of seasons ago for Fleetwood and the sod came off the bench and scored a late equaliser for them! :rolleyes:

(That's Dobbie not Lennon BTW)

GloryGlory
07-06-2016, 09:32 AM
You do get the impression that guy just makes it up as he goes

Yep. Where does he get the £2k p.w. and £25k bonus? I am sure Hibs wouldn't insult the man with that. Promotion as champions must be worth a bigger bonus than that, surely?

Smartie
07-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Depends how fit he is, last time I saw him was a couple of seasons ago for Fleetwood and the sod came off the bench and scored a late equaliser for them! :rolleyes:

(That's Dobbie not Lennon BTW)

He got himself in great shape after leaving us and has had a decent career.

How old is he now?

I can't see him playing 90 minutes every week but imo he'd score a lot of goals in this league, even if it was coming off the bench.

bigwheel
07-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Yep. Where does he get the £2k p.w. and £25k bonus? I am sure Hibs wouldn't insult the man with that. Promotion as champions must be worth a bigger bonus than that, surely?

Agreed. What a lot of made up nonsense. Best to ignore these Twitter "agents" non one outside the negotiation will know the deal on the table - and indeed - Lennon will be offered a bigger bonus than that for promotion

The Green Goblin
07-06-2016, 09:40 AM

You're being funny, right? :greengrin It's been a good few years since I read a post which said "Could Stephen Dobbie still do a job for us?" Took me right back.... :wink:

GloryGlory
He got himself in great shape after leaving us and has had a decent career.

How old is he now?

I can't see him playing 90 minutes every week but imo he'd score a lot of goals in this league, even if it was coming off the bench.

We thought Stokes would score a lot of goals in this league and he didn't.

(Made up for it, though, in the SC). :greengrin

Spike Mandela

We're a Championship side for a 3rd year in a row.....what salary and bonus do you think we should be paying for a manager?

GloryGlory
07-06-2016, 09:42 AM
We're a Championship side for a 3rd year in a row.....what salary and bonus do you think we should be paying for a manager?

That kind of salary and bonus is more suitable for a young, upcoming coach like Stubbs was when he came, rather than an older, more experienced coach like Lennon.

SlickShoes
07-06-2016, 09:42 AM
You're being funny, right? :greengrin It's been a good few years since I read a post which said "Could Stephen Dobbie still do a job for us?" Took me right back.... :wink:

I think he could do a job for us though... maybe he could wash the kit in the evenings to give Tam and his family some time off.

SlickShoes
07-06-2016, 09:43 AM

Earning £100k + per anum must be a right hard life right enough

number9dream
07-06-2016, 09:49 AM
^^^

its alway a negative spin on us! "piece together" is that more level5 nonsense? I really hate BBC Scotland with as much passion as I hate the Daily Record etc. Pandering to the whoredes is not what I pay my licence fee for!

It's not the BBC saying it... It's a gossip column, quoting what the papers are saying. There are lots of things to kick the BBC about but this is stretching it.

If it's going to be Lennon, it will probably happen in the next couple of days. Any longer and I think that means he's unsure and if he's not committed we need to turn our attention elsewhere. Hopefully not in the direction of the odious Malky Mackay.

pacoluna
07-06-2016, 09:50 AM
I would say stephen dobbie at 33 is a better player now than when he was at hibs when he was 23. He seems to have got better the older he has got.

JimboHibs
07-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Agreed. What a lot of made up nonsense. Best to ignore these Twitter "agents" non one outside the negotiation will know the deal on the table - and indeed - Lennon will be offered a bigger bonus than that for promotion

So you must be involved in the negotiations ? If your saying Lennon will be offered more than 25k bonus or could I say what your saying is a load of made up nonsense ?

pacoluna
07-06-2016, 10:00 AM

I'm guessing this "agent" has just taking the 120 thousand supposed compo for stubbsy and then done the sums, coming to this conclusion.

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 10:01 AM
I agree with what you are saying about the media. Here is a quote from the BBC Gossip page credited to the sun.

"Hibernian have pieced together a deal they believe can convince Neil Lennon to become their new boss".

Pieced together FFS?? They make it sound like we have had a whip round. Condescending pricks.

While at the same time lapping up anything Celtic it sevco related

Iain G
07-06-2016, 10:02 AM

More than what has been suggested in that random tweet!

2k a week is not going to entice an experienced manager like Neil Lennon. He just pulled that number out of his backside...

TRIALIST
07-06-2016, 10:03 AM

Given the backdrop of no rangers or herts or parachute payment income this year I expect our directors will be driving a very hard bargain on contracts accross the board.
If Lenny has been offered a contract I expect it will be minimum with added extras later.
We have plenty options if he knocks us back, however he is the best name Ive heard.

scoopyboy
07-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Good point mate if it's Lennon it has to be today

Why?

The Championships are in France which is an hours flight away.

He could be announced any day and still get back to France for his TV obligations.

He won't be involved every day in his TV duties anyway.

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Why?

The Championships are in France which is an hours flight away.

He could be announced any day and still get back to France for his TV obligations.

He won't be involved every day in his TV duties anyway.

Think he is only commentating on Northern Ireland games

Smartie
07-06-2016, 10:06 AM

2k a week is not going to entice an experienced manager like Neil Lennon. He just pulled that number out of his backside...

We're not going to make Neil Lennon any offer that means he's going to come for the money. If that's what he wants he's got an offer on the table from China.

We offer him a way back into football, to re-build his reputation and ideally get him a shot at a bigger club down South again.

2k a week tops up the pension nicely for him but imo Lennon will not be interested in money - he'll have made a packet during his playing days.

Lennon will want a decent budget for players and guarantees that he won't get any outside interference in spending it, so he can do the good job he wants to and get that future move.

scoopyboy
07-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Think he is only commentating on Northern Ireland games

Wasn't aware of that Finn, so the chances are it will only be for three games?

scoopyboy
07-06-2016, 10:09 AM

Lennon will be more interested in getting himself back in the lime light.

Money won't be as important to him in this particular instance.

bigwheel
07-06-2016, 10:15 AM
So you must be involved in the negotiations ? If your saying Lennon will be offered more than 25k bonus or could I say what your saying is a load of made up nonsense ?

Haha. Fair point

Although, My main point is I don't believe some random Twitter account knows the details and would be very surprised at such a small bonus for promotion

Iain G
07-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Lennon will be more interested in getting himself back in the lime light.

Money won't be as important to him in this particular instance.

I expect he will still want a reasonable package to come to Hibs though; just because he has made money during his playing days doesn't mean he won't want a fair salary and the suggestion of 2k a week seems off the mark to me for a manager of his experience and standing.

But maybe if he gets us up this year and looks to renegotiate for a SPL suitable salary next year or it gets him a move to a bigger team in England he will be happy :agree:

Fuzzywuzzy
07-06-2016, 10:20 AM
I expect he will still want a reasonable package to come to Hibs though; just because he has made money during his playing days doesn't mean he won't want a fair salary and the suggestion of 2k a week seems off the mark to me for a manager of his experience and standing.

But maybe if he gets us up this year and looks to renegotiate for a SPL suitable salary next year or it gets him a move to a bigger team in England he will be happy :agree:

If reports are to be believed the magic fanny has only been on £3k with the offer to double his money in his new deal. I would expect though that Lennon has been offered more than the £2k.

truehibernian
07-06-2016, 10:21 AM
He might have a sore head today seeing as he was out with big Rab Douglas last night at an event - I'd go for Wednesday so the old red eye disappears 😀

scoopyboy
07-06-2016, 10:22 AM

I wasn't meaning he would do it out of the goodness of his heart, more meaning for a year or two on low wages wouldn't kill him.

He knows he has to get back into the game quickly.

SeanWilson
07-06-2016, 10:23 AM

is it not v rare that a manager will earn more than players?

You could highly incentivise the hibs job... %'s per win, cup win, league title etc etc... that way its a win win.

As others have said, Lennon and his management will be looking at the lonog game. Going to China gives him short term cash but nobody gives a F how he gets on and loads have gone out and hated it. Hibs gives him a proper chance at showing off again, which is exactly what he needs.

LustForLeith
07-06-2016, 10:26 AM
£2,000 a week? he'd get far more being a pundit!

Gatecrasher
07-06-2016, 10:35 AM

Just look at Stubbs though, do well at Hibs and the English teams will take note. It's about more than money IMO.

lucky
07-06-2016, 10:35 AM
£2k a week to manage in the Scottish championship will make him the highest paid manager in the league. I doubt any player in the league next season will be on that either.

jgl07
07-06-2016, 10:36 AM
But he could still work as a pundit!

It's not likely to be about money anyway.

Lennon's reputation has taken a hot in his time at Bolton. It is far more about pushing that off the front page of his CV.

jacomo
07-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Stubbs backs Lennon for the job - it really does look like it's happening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36455238

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Wasn't aware of that Finn, so the chances are it will only be for three games?

Pretty much although the way this Northern Ireland side keep churning out results you never know

Baldy Foghorn
07-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Pure conjecture regarding wage offered to Lennon. Nobody will know except Hibs, Lennon and his Lawyer, unless there has been a leak......

Smartie
07-06-2016, 10:46 AM

That's for Lennon alone to decide.

We make an offer based on our own pay structures and what we can afford. If Lennon decides that he doesn't fall within that structure then we have to find someone who does.

Iain G
07-06-2016, 10:50 AM
That's for Lennon alone to decide.

We make an offer based on our own pay structures and what we can afford. If Lennon decides that he doesn't fall within that structure then we have to find someone who does.

Assuming we have offered 2k of course, which seems like a randomly generated number but some bloke on Twitter! My reaction was that it seemed low...

Forza Fred
07-06-2016, 10:55 AM
I don't mind Lennon, but I'm getting a bit fed up of the delay in him saying yes or no.

Heckys Wheel
07-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Stubbs backs Lennon for the job - it really does look like it's happening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36455238

It's a no from me. I don't want to see a manager of Hibs wearing a hat like that. Ever.

andrew70
07-06-2016, 11:02 AM
I don't mind Lennon, but I'm getting a bit fed up of the delay in him saying yes or no.

Correct we are not chasing Sir Alex Ferguson here. Lennon is and will be a good head coach but this needs sorted out and announced asap.

It's in danger of becoming a circus led by his friends in the media.

Yeas we want him but surely there comes a time where Hibs have to say we're getting this over the line or we are moving on.

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2016, 11:03 AM

We don't know if there has been a delay as such. They met on Friday. NL knew he was busy yesterday - Could well be on Friday they agreed to meet again on Tuesday.

Smartie
07-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Assuming we have offered 2k of course, which seems like a randomly generated number but some bloke on Twitter! My reaction was that it seemed low...

Sounds about right to me tbh, although I don't know much about the finances of the club and wages that players are on other than what I read on here.

We're a Championship club without any parachute payments. We have got a relatively high number of season ticket holders and the financial benefits that will have gone with 2 decent cup runs last season.

Some managers would scoff at that wage, some would bite your hand off for it.

J-C
07-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Correct we are not chasing Sir Alex Ferguson here. Lennon is and will be a good head coach but this needs sorted out and announced asap.

It's in danger of becoming a circus led by his friends in the media.

Yeas we want him but surely there comes a time where Hibs have to say we're getting this over the line or we are moving on.

This :agree:

LustForLeith
07-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Just look at Stubbs though, do well at Hibs and the English teams will take note. It's about more than money IMO.

So Lennon gets us promoted, does alright in Europe and we win the Scottish Cup again (we can dream!) he'll be away. And we'll be back at square one!

Even if it's not about money, isn't there a danger that as soon as he's proved himself at Hibs he'll be away lookign to prove himself elsewhere?

SaulGoodman
07-06-2016, 11:10 AM
So Lennon gets us promoted, does alright in Europe and we win the Scottish Cup again (we can dream!) he'll be away. And we'll be back at square one!

Even if it's not about money, isn't there a danger that as soon as he's proved himself at Hibs he'll be away lookign to prove himself elsewhere?

If Lennon gets us promoted, does well in Europe and wins us the cup he can do whatever the **** he wants after that in my opinion :greengrin

Andy74
07-06-2016, 11:12 AM

That would be square one?!

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2016, 11:13 AM

Isn't that always gonna be the case. I'd rather we were looking for a new manager as he'd been successful enough to get interest from elsewhere than because he's not been good enough.

Forza Fred
07-06-2016, 11:14 AM

We don't know if there has been a delay as such. They met on Friday. NL knew he was busy yesterday - Could well be on Friday they agreed to meet again on Tuesday.

And it could well be they didn''t..expecting everything would be sorted over the weekend, signed off on the Monday and announced at a press conference on Tuesday.

If Lennon is playing hard ball for whatever reason, then let's move on to the next candidate...we can't afford much more of a delay.

steve75
07-06-2016, 11:15 AM

I'd be happy with a 2-year cycle of managers for the rest of my life if the outcome was relative european achievement and regular cup wins.

My_Wife_Camille
07-06-2016, 11:15 AM
That would be square one?!
Handing out flyers in the Cowgate offering young Catholic men the opportunity to play Football

Aldo
07-06-2016, 11:19 AM

Had his time!!

I think Dobbie from Harry Potter films could do a better job TBH!! ;-)

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2016, 11:22 AM
And it could well be they didn''t..expecting everything would be sorted over the weekend, signed off on the Monday and announced at a press conference on Tuesday.

If Lennon is playing hard ball for whatever reason, then let's move on to the next candidate...we can't afford much more of a delay.

Oh I agree. We should have a deadline in place and if we've reached that we need to move on. Apparently we have a sturdy plan B in place which is good to hear.

Greenworld
07-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Nope, I think it's because couple of folk at Hibs have been away over the w'end and today should see it over the line. That's just my take on it anyway!

I'm fully convinced Lennon will be Hibs manager shortly.
I agree except that if it's not done today then I think it's next choice don't think this will drag on..

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Brightside
07-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Relax.

bigwheel
07-06-2016, 11:28 AM

Buddy, if any Scottish manager wins the league, and the cup and does alright in Europe , he will be off...including Celtic....

Blaster
07-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Relax.

Today you think?

Waxy
07-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Relax.

Frankie says?

erin go bragh
07-06-2016, 11:34 AM

That's what happens at almost every club . I'd be delighted if the above happens .

Gatecrasher
07-06-2016, 11:35 AM

That's just the way it is in Scottish football never mind hibs. If Lennon does well, we'll be in a higher division as our minimum expectation so I would be happy.

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Frankie says?

He also says don't do it so make of that what you will

FastEddieFelson
07-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Handing out flyers in the Cowgate offering young Catholic men the opportunity to play Football

:hilarious

hibsmad
07-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Relax.

I'm trying to but I can't, I just can't!

:hyper:hyper:hyper

Big L
07-06-2016, 11:39 AM
I thought I read that he wants the offer in writing, for his perusal, I suspect. Must have had it uppum at Bolton, I suspect, or maybe our offer is to good to be true!

scoopyboy
07-06-2016, 11:42 AM

I think your square one and my square one may differ.

In snakes and ladders terms we were at square one when Stubbs took over, if Lennon achieves all you have quoted above then I would say we have scaled a few ladders and just landed on square 100.

GloryGlory
07-06-2016, 11:44 AM
I thought I read that he wants the offer in writing, for his perusal, I suspect. Must have had it uppum at Bolton, I suspect, or maybe our offer is to good to be true!

I think at Bolton he was promised support in the transfer market, instead ended up with nowt and players not paid salaries on time. So once bitten, twice shy maybe?

givescotlandfreedom
07-06-2016, 11:46 AM

In snakes and ladders terms we were at square one when Stubbs took over, if Lennon achieves all you have quoted above then I would say we have scaled a few ladders and just landed on square 100.

It's good that's even being worried about :greengrin some folk on here would be typing up worried we'd lose our manager and players the day after we won the champions league

LustForLeith
07-06-2016, 11:52 AM

Good point!

Maybe I was getting carried away but my point is I'd like manager stability at the club. It seems to be either managers move on when they're decent or we end up getting rid of them when it turns out they're not. And instead of looking forward to a pretty big season ahead of us just now we're trying to get a new manager in a couple of weeks after winning the Scottish Cup.

I hope the right choice is made for all concerned. for the new manager whose happy he can take Hibs places and for Hibs (both the club and fans) to give him the backing that he requires to make that happen.

The_Horde
07-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Why do people forget we are hibs? We don't announce things until the last dot is signed and the last T is crossed. Patience ya bams.

jacomo
07-06-2016, 11:56 AM
It's a no from me. I don't want to see a manager of Hibs wearing a hat like that. Ever.

You raise a good point.

Perhaps a clause could be inserted into the contract? He wasn't Hibs manager when that photo was taken, so it can be forgiven, but must never be repeated.

Marco G
07-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Good point!

Maybe I was getting carried away but my point is I'd like manager stability at the club. It seems to be either managers move on when they're decent or we end up getting rid of them when it turns out they're not. And instead of looking forward to a pretty big season ahead of us just now we're trying to get a new manager in a couple of weeks after winning the Scottish Cup.

I hope the right choice is made for all concerned. for the new manager whose happy he can take Hibs places and for Hibs (both the club and fans) to give him the backing that he requires to make that happen.Think the point behind Leeann and George being in charge is to provide a system that will stay in place as managers come and go.If that gives us a stronger and better club then there is less to worry about since the manager appointed will have signed up to that idea and clubs such as Southampton don't seem to be doing too badly with that type of set up. It also should mean there is less to fret about when what has just happened with Stubbs happens again. Difficult to hire the best if you also want someone to give a long term commitment to Hibs. I would rather have the best even if it's shorter term.

scoopyboy
07-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Good point!

I hope the right choice is made for all concerned. for the new manager whose happy he can take Hibs places and for Hibs (both the club and fans) to give him the backing that he requires to make that happen.

I don't disagree regarding managers moving on, it kinda doesn't sit right with me either.

I just want out the bloody Championship and back to top flight football.

I don't really care who does it or how long he stays, I just want up.

Craig_in_Prague
07-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Think the point behind Leeann and George being in charge is to provide a system that will stay in place as managers come and go.If that gives us a stronger and better club then there is less to worry about since the manager appointed will have signed up to that idea and clubs such as Southampton don't seem to be doing too badly with that type of set up. It also should mean there is less to fret about when what has just happened with Stubbs happens again. Difficult to hire the best if you also want someone to give a long term commitment to Hibs. I would rather have the best even if it's shorter term.

Yep, as long as we're losing good managers - then not a lot to complain about.

jacomo
07-06-2016, 12:13 PM
If Lennon gets us promoted, does well in Europe and wins us the cup he can do whatever the **** he wants after that in my opinion :greengrin

Exactly.

I thought it was pretty much agreed by everyone that promotion is the one and only objective next season. Lennon gives us as good a chance of achieving that as anybody so that's why he gets my vote.

sleeping giant
07-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Hurry up . Are we there yet ? :greengrin:

Rasta_Hibs
07-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Mon announce it!!!!

LustForLeith
07-06-2016, 12:25 PM
I don't disagree regarding managers moving on, it kinda doesn't sit right with me either.

I just want out the bloody Championship and back to top flight football.

I don't really care who does it or how long he stays, I just want up.

Snap!

And I'll take the Scottish Cup again too.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Good point!

The only way that will ever happen is if we are firmly mediocre. Good managers will always be tempted away down south, and bad ones will be binned.

Football is a short term game for most clubs now, certainly inscotland.

IMO we should work to 2/3 year cycles, because thats the shelf life of a manager and most players now.

Stability in club structure is possible, but not in terms of managers and players

Also it is almost impossible to have a mediocre managet at hibs. We tend to be a zero-sum game - if we arent progressing noticeably on the park, then to many fans we are failing and manager will be under pressure. There isnt reeally any middle ground with Hibs

GreenArmyyy!
07-06-2016, 12:31 PM
No press conference has been called at Easter Road so far today.....

hfcnic
07-06-2016, 12:34 PM
I think we will hear something next week. Hibs are never quick at releasing information until everything is final and I's dotted and T's crossed.

SteveHFC
07-06-2016, 12:35 PM
No press conference has been called at Easter Road so far today.....

Seen on HibsPaige there's an announcement at 3.

GloryGlory
07-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what's that?

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 12:40 PM

Damn going to have a crafty look at work

SteveHFC
07-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what's that?

Facebook page mate.

GloryGlory
07-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Facebook page mate.

Nowt there or on twitter.

monktonharp
07-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Frankie says?Frankie goes to Hanlonhill

chrisski33
07-06-2016, 12:54 PM

Says there COULD be an announcement so ill take that as there wont be one

Waxy
07-06-2016, 01:09 PM
So we're waiting on an announcement of when there will be an announcement?

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 01:13 PM
So we're waiting on an announcement of when there will be an announcement?

Ermmmm....... Yes pretty much

Blaster
07-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Not today according to Luke shanley on SSN just now. Possibly tomorrow

HibbyAndy
07-06-2016, 01:18 PM
No announcement today even IF Lennon got the gig according to Luke Shanley

Mr White
08-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Neil Lennon won't be our next manager. I'm happy to bet anyone £50 to The Links who thinks otherwise.

Did anyone take you up on this SJM?

hibs0666
08-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Neil Lennon won't be our next manager. I'm happy to bet anyone £50 to The Links who thinks otherwise.

Have you made the donation yet, or are you waiting for the formal announcement? :aok:

Scooter
08-06-2016, 10:21 AM
On his official Facebook "hibs bring it on"

Hibbyradge
08-06-2016, 11:29 AM
On his official Facebook "hibs bring it on"

I very much doubt that's his FB page.

jacomo
08-06-2016, 02:18 PM
I very much doubt that's his FB page.

This 'Lennon to Hibs' stuff is just a rumour. Nothing in it. :wink:

Brightside
08-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Very very soon.

ManBearPig
08-06-2016, 02:32 PM
FFS hibs nothing like suspense

Waxy
08-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Very very soon.

How soon is very very soon? Its not as soon as very very very soon.

Finn2015
08-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Got to admit I'm still nervous until I see him paraded

HibeesLA
08-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Got to admit I'm still nervous until I see him paraded

Wouldn't say I'm nervous, more anxious to have someone in place, but I do agree that I want to see Lennon on one knee in front of the East Stand, scarf above head with the Scottish Cup sitting on the turf in front of him. Not too much to ask for is it :greengrin