PDA

View Full Version : NHC Vardy in talks with Arsenal

Hibby Bairn
03-06-2016, 07:44 PM
On BBC Sport website. Sorry phone not letting me post link.

Haymaker
03-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Why would he take a step down?

J-C
03-06-2016, 07:46 PM

Money and still Champions league, makes sense.

Hibby Bairn
03-06-2016, 07:46 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36450106

SteveHFC
03-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Money and still Champions league, makes sense.

Arsenal only ever reach the last 16 these days. He's better staying at Leicester.

J-C
03-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Arsenal only ever reach the last 16 these days. He's better staying at Leicester.

But signing Vardy could push then to quarters or semi's, in all honesty how far do you think Leicester are going to get.

Finn2015
03-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Interesting to see how this develops. I do think Leicester will unfortunately be plundered this summer

Iggy Pope
03-06-2016, 07:53 PM

Guaranteed finish above Spurs at either of them!

MWHIBBIES
03-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Arsenal only ever reach the last 16 these days. He's better staying at Leicester.Who have never reached the last 16...? Right...

If Arsenal sign Vardy, Ricardo Rodriquez and a central defender they will have a seriously good squad, much better than Leicester.

SteveHFC
03-06-2016, 07:54 PM
But signing Vardy could push then to quarters or semi's, in all honesty how far do you think Leicester are going to get.

Think they'll win it :wink:

I'm_cabbaged
03-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Wouldn't fit into arsenal's style.

Iggy Pope
03-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Mind you, much as I love the Gunners, they triggered the release clause jn Saurez' contract at Liverpool by a pound. He stayed where he was.....

Pete
03-06-2016, 08:03 PM
He already has a league winners medal which is just as well if he's joining Arsenal.

Iggy Pope
03-06-2016, 08:05 PM
He already has a league winners medal which is just as well if he's joining Arsenal.

His boss would have more though :wink:

MWHIBBIES
03-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Wouldn't fit into arsenal's style.Arsenal haven't played possession football in years.

SJM
03-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Good money for Leicester.

I'm_cabbaged
03-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Arsenal haven't played possession football in years.

I've watched very little English games over the last couple of years but did notice that Leicester played a fast counter attacking style with Vardy left with one on ones. Is that how arsenal play now?

MWHIBBIES
03-06-2016, 08:31 PM
I've watched very little English games over the last couple of years but did notice that Leicester played a fast counter attacking style with Vardy left with one on ones. Is that how arsenal play now?They might with Vardy up front, they are certainly closer to that style than pure possession based now, just difficult with Giroud who is a bigger, target man type.

lord bunberry
03-06-2016, 08:40 PM
He's a legend earning great money at a team that's just won the league. Give it another season at least ffs. Apart from hibs winning the cup, Leicester winning the league is the greatest story in football this century. Come to think about it 2016 has been a good year :greengrin

snooky
03-06-2016, 11:36 PM
He's a legend earning great money at a team that's just won the league. Give it another season at least ffs. Apart from hibs winning the cup, Leicester winning the league is the greatest story in football this century. Come to think about it 2016 has been a good year :greengrin
No' happy wi' folk that win something then ditch their mates at the first opportunity. Shylocks.

Scouse Hibee
04-06-2016, 12:00 AM

He's not be get real, Arsenal are not a step down.

Harpandcastle
04-06-2016, 12:17 AM
Looks similar move from Arsene as to when Sir Alex bought Van Persie. Previous caution of spending decent money on older players with no obvious longevity or future sell on value abondoned for the here and now. Probably with eye on securing a final title to enable departure as a winner.

Onceinawhile
04-06-2016, 06:54 AM

He'd double or treble his wages and he's already 29 nearly 30 having had a mostly lower league or part time career.

Also his last chance to play for a "big" club. Don't understand the move from arsenal's perspective though. Not a world class striker like they need and doesn't fit their usual young and improving template.

Beefster
04-06-2016, 07:16 AM
Mrs Beefster is an ex-Arsenal ST holder and she's not happy at the Vardy news. Thinks he's a one season wonder whose successful season is based on the game that Leicester play.

DH1875
04-06-2016, 07:37 AM
He'd double or treble his wages and he's already 29 nearly 30 having had a mostly lower league or part time career.

Also his last chance to play for a "big" club. Don't understand the move from arsenal's perspective though. Not a world class striker like they need and doesn't fit their usual young and improving template.

Not sure about that. Is he not on something like £80k a week at Leicester? No way are you doubling that let alone tripling that for Vardy. Especially if your Arsenal.

easty
04-06-2016, 08:18 AM
They might with Vardy up front, they are certainly closer to that style than pure possession based now, just difficult with Giroud who is a bigger, target man type.

No danger is Wenger going to sign Vardy then change how Arsenal play to the way Leicester did. Absolutely no chance.

I think he'd do no bad at Arsenal, but he's no going to be the player who wins then the league.

I hope he's another Francis Jeffers.

easty
04-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Looks similar move from Arsene as to when Sir Alex bought Van Persie. Previous caution of spending decent money on older players with no obvious longevity or future sell on value abondoned for the here and now. Probably with eye on securing a final title to enable departure as a winner.

Van Persie to Man Utd was a league winning signing. Vardy isn't at that level.

Hibeesmad
04-06-2016, 08:22 AM
The amount of chances Arsenal create you'd imagine he would still score a lot of goals

portyhibernian
04-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Teams don't come out very often against Arsenal and a great deal of Vardy's goals come from being able to spring an offside trap and get in behind defenders. Not sure that he's who Arsenal need to be signing.

CapitalGreen
04-06-2016, 08:29 AM

He just won the league, he literally is at that level.

easty
04-06-2016, 08:33 AM

Want a bet?

The Van Persie signing won the league for Man Utd. Vardy won't have the same impact at Arsenal.

The_Horde
04-06-2016, 08:35 AM

It astounds me that, even now, people doubt and look down upon Leicester. They done it all season and look what happened? Even at the end of the season, despite having a large lead over Spurs. Mental.

easty
04-06-2016, 08:38 AM
It astounds me that, even now, people doubt and look down upon Leicester. They done it all season and look what happened? Even at the end of the season, despite having a large lead over Spurs. Mental.

I'm no looking down at Leicester in the slightest.

TheGreenMan
04-06-2016, 08:48 AM
The next James Beattie or Francis Jeffers type. Has a good season and some other English club pay a stupid amount of money for him where he'll end up doing not a lot and fading back into mediocrity. I hate the English league(s) and the money they have.

CapitalGreen
04-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Want a bet?

The Van Persie signing won the league for Man Utd. Vardy won't have the same impact at Arsenal.

I have no idea if he'll help Arsenal to win the league but to suggest he isn't at Premier League winning level is not just nonsense, it's factually incorrect.

hibeemikey21
04-06-2016, 09:15 AM
The next James Beattie or Francis Jeffers type. Has a good season and some other English club pay a stupid amount of money for him where he'll end up doing not a lot and fading back into mediocrity. I hate the English league(s) and the money they have.

I was adamant Harry Kane was a flash in the pan after season 1......

easty
04-06-2016, 09:50 AM
I have no idea if he'll help Arsenal to win the league but to suggest he isn't at Premier League winning level is not just nonsense, it's factually incorrect.

Thats not what I'm saying. I'm saying that putting Vardy in the Arsenal team won't win them the league. A striker like Higuain or Benzema might.

CockneyRebel
04-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Good money for Leicester.

Another one we've missed through not having a manager in place - jeezo!

Harpandcastle
04-06-2016, 11:12 AM

Had Vardy played for Arsenal last season and scored as he did for Leicester then they would have been a lot closer to winning they league than they were without him. And that's a fact.

easty
04-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Had Vardy played for Arsenal last season and scored as he did for Leicester then they would have been a lot closer to winning they league than they were without him. And that's a fact.

Vardy wouldn't have scored as many at Arsenal this season as he did at Leicester.

Michael
04-06-2016, 11:58 AM
If he has one 20+ league goal season it's worth it. I'm very sceptical though.

lapsedhibee
04-06-2016, 02:06 PM
If Walcott leaves, Wenger might want another forward who can run fast.

Walcott hardly got a game for Arsenal this year because as well as him being crap at football, hardly any teams allowed Arsenal any space to run at them. Apart from two or three fixtures, that's likely to be the case next season. No way Vardy's getting 20 league goals for Arsenal next year.

Pete
04-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Still no movement on this.

I can only presume that Arsenal and Man City are locked in talks regarding the inevitable future transfer (providing he doesn't flop).

MWHIBBIES
04-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Still no movement on this.

I can only presume that Arsenal and Man City are locked in talks regarding the inevitable future transfer (providing he doesn't flop).I'm sure Arsenal would be delighted with that, they always replace the average players they sell to City with better ones.

Pete
04-06-2016, 07:47 PM
I'm sure Arsenal would be delighted with that, they always replace the average players they sell to City with better ones.

:agree:

They are a good feeder club.

MWHIBBIES
04-06-2016, 07:54 PM
:agree:

They are a good feeder club.Yes, one of the far bigger, far more successful feeder clubs...