PDA

View Full Version : The Huns are bricking it!

Nameless
03-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Taken from today's Glasgow Evening Times, Derek Johnstone says, it's not hibs fault, so don't punish them!! He then goes on to say singing banned songs is not the The Rangers fault, so they should not be punished either. The Huns are finally catching on, that the preposterous statements they released after the final are coming back to haunt them........

"We may be almost two weeks on from the Scottish Cup final but we are still dealing with the fall out from it.

Only a few days ago Hibs announced that they have issued both temporary and life bans to some of the fans that caused trouble at Hampden, and credit to them for that, but we’ve also had some calls for clubs to be held accountable for the behaviour of their supporters.

For me, strict liability just doesn’t work. If you are on the Hibs board and your fans jump a wall and run on to a pitch, what has that got to do with you?

The wrong people are going to get punished for this, but the question is what are you going to do? You can’t punish the fans without punishing the club. If you ban supporters for cup ties or whatever else, the club doesn’t get any financial benefit from it.

I think the clubs are doing a lot at the moment. Maybe they could do a little bit more.

But in the case of the Old Firm clubs, if some fans are singing these nasty songs the clubs are banning people for it and are doing everything they can. If you have that small percentage on both sides who are intent on singing that, it’s wrong to deduct teams points or whatever else.

It’s wrong to punish those players or coaches who go every week and work their socks off to get it taken away from them because a couple of hundred fans want to sing a song they shouldn’t be.

The police are paid a lot of money by the clubs to police the games. I think more people need to be taken away if they are misbehaving, it’s as simple as that.

Clubs do their utmost to stop sectarian singing and to stop fans going on the pitch and fighting. It’s down to the people themselves.

Every club has a section of their support that couldn’t give a monkey’s about what the directors say. They are going to cause trouble either before or after the game, what can the club do about that? Once the match finishes and these punters head into town to cause trouble, how can they be responsible for that as well? A club can’t police every single person that goes into a ground.

To start taking points off clubs is asking for trouble. They won’t take that lying down and they will then look at the police. The stewards cannot do anything, they are paid a pittance. If the police aren’t doing anything then why are they there?

They have to act more responsibly. It’s a hard job for them but if there is a small section of people causing problems, no matter what club, you have to sort it out fairly quickly.

The clubs are doing their best. There will be those who say they’re not, but it’s just lip service. Talks of bans, fines, points deductions, it’s all rubbish.

This is a problem all over our country and down south as well. If people can’t behave it’s not necessarily a football problem, it’s the individuals themselves that need to be brought to task.

The only way to stop that inside a football ground is for the authorities to act and to act quickly.

All of this has come about after a game at Hampden, so it’s the Scottish FA’s responsibility to ask questions. They need to get to the bottom of this.

Something similar happened to us in 1972 when Rangers won the Cup Winners’ Cup in Barcelona.

Obviously the fans were excited and came on to the pitch, but they couldn’t goad anybody because Dynamo Moscow didn’t have any supporters at the game!

But within a couple of weeks we were banned for two years just for running on the pitch, never mind doing anything else. After appealing it we got done for a year.

And that’s why I think it’s wrong. The players have done nothing wrong, you can’t take it out on them.

Having said all of this, something does have to be done. The authorities have to be seen to be doing something.

Once players are getting allegedly attacked and safety becomes a concern, where do you go from there? Football is finished.

There has to be a severe penalty. The SFA are going to have to sit down and really have a think about this.

Do you say that2 nobody can be in the ground for certain games either domestically or in Europe?

This has probably been the most serious incident since 1980. This is different, in my eyes it’s far, far worse than that ever worse.

Goodness knows what will happen or what the punishment will be. Whatever it is, it must be heavy as this simply can’t happen again."

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

CmoantheHibs
03-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Got so far down before realising he is trying to make it as if every club is the same and the huns have only a few hundred who sing their bile.**** off Hun ****s and wake up you ****my ****ers

GreenArmyyy!
03-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Generally a good article but a couple of hundred fans singing nasty songs? Give us peace. It's the whole of Ibrox at times and was half of Hampden two weeks ago.

Peevemor
03-06-2016, 04:18 PM
He says that the punishment Hans to be heavy, but who does he want punished? He says the clubs can't and shouldn't be penalised, so is it the SFA he wants to see done?

oldbutdim
03-06-2016, 04:20 PM
"Once players are getting allegedly attacked and safety becomes a concern, where do you go from there?"

Too true mate. I've never been allegedly attacked, but it sounds fearsome.
As long as it's done respectfully it should be acceptable.

This has probably been the most serious incident since 1980. This is different, in my eyes it’s far, far worse than that ever worse.

Goodness knows what will happen or what the punishment will be. Whatever it is, it must be heavy as this simply can’t happen again."

"Far far worse than that ever worse."

I couldn't have put that better if I'd been out drinking with Bomber Brown for a few hours and had suffered a serious head injury.

This eejit seems to start by saying NO punishment to the Club, then contradicts himself perhaps as the drink takes hold/wears off.

What a doofus.

lapsedhibee
03-06-2016, 04:22 PM
"Far, far worse than 1980"? ****wit.

marinello59
03-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Worse than 1980? The man is speaking utter pish.

jacomo
03-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Clubs do their utmost to stop sectarian singing and to stop fans going on the pitch and fighting. It’s down to the people themselves.

First step would be to condemn that behaviour, wouldn't it?

What did The Rangers have to say on the matter? Oh I see.

hibs0666
03-06-2016, 04:27 PM
He says that the punishment Hans to be heavy, but who does he want punished? He says the clubs can't and shouldn't be penalised, so is it the SFA he wants to see done?

Exactly - he's a rambling imbecile that cannot square off his desire to hammer liberty taking Hibs supporters with his fear that hunnish sectarian behaviour might actually be penalized in a meaningful manner.

I can feel his pain.

Prawn Sandwich
03-06-2016, 04:27 PM
No mention of the flares and the smoke that made it virtually impossible for them to see the first goal scored by Stokes. No mention of the personal sectarian abuse directed at the Hibs Manager. No mention that when there is any disorder that Rangers fans always happen to be in the stadium. No mention that they are the route of most of the problem.

NAE NOOKIE
03-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Is there a currant bun out there who hasn't had his say on this by now? ........... Still not seen any condemnation of the sectarian singing all the way through the game by any of them.

magpie1892
03-06-2016, 04:45 PM
No mention of completely trashing Manchester in 2008. Surprise.

Ive a feeling that the op is correct, the hun are going to regret those surreal post-match comments and demands for 'justice'.

Colr
03-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Generally a good article but a couple of hundred fans singing nasty songs? Give us peace. It's the whole of Ibrox at times and was half of Hampden two weeks ago.

And what's this "both sides" *****. Nobody in the Hibs end was singing banned songs!!

jacomo
03-06-2016, 04:50 PM
No mention of the flares and the smoke that made it virtually impossible for them to see the first goal scored by Stokes. No mention of the personal sectarian abuse directed at the Hibs Manager. No mention that when there is any disorder that Rangers fans always happen to be in the stadium. No mention that they are the route of most of the problem.

I think the penny might dropped with a few of them that these things are going to get a lot of mentions now...

Finn2015
03-06-2016, 04:51 PM

Any away supporter whose ever been to Ibrox would say that when they belt out their 'party tunes' it's the entire stadium who gie it laldy

bigwheel
03-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Not read the article, but reading this thread, he seems to have changed his tune....

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14509396.Derek_Johnstone__Easter_Road_should_be_sh ut_in_the_cup_to_punish_Hibs_fans_for_Hampden_riot/

degenerated
03-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Got so far down before realising he is trying to make it as if every club is the same and the huns have only a few hundred who sing their bile.**** off Hun ****s and wake up you ****my ****ers
Is this Derek Johnstone or just a doppelganger?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160603/7a25b7c8f3920739a9ce89883501446f.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

degenerated
03-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Is there a currant bun out there who hasn't had his say on this by now? ........... Still not seen any condemnation of the sectarian singing all the way through the game by any of them.
I'm sure even Ian Durant's knee will have penned a column somewhere.

hibs0666
03-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Any away supporter whose ever been to Ibrox would say that when they belt out their 'party tunes' it's the entire stadium who gie it laldy

Only if they're winning. Its a smaller number of defiants if they're getting hunted.

hibs0666
03-06-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm sure even Ian Durant's knee will have penned a column somewhere.

Have Rangers confirmed that all of their players are now out of intensive care? Maybe Warbs is still on a vigil at the Glasgow Royal?

Kaiser1962
03-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Worse than 1980? The man is speaking utter pish.

To be fair there are a number of similarities between the two which might not be obvious at first glance;

1; (The) Rangers lost

2; The winning teams fans were celebrating quite happily on the pitch

3; loud renditions of the Billy Boys and Derry's walls

4; (The) Rangers fans come onto the pitch (it may have been to protect their players and random children it is not clear)

5; There are Police horses on the pitch (although in 1980 they were charging with batons drawn, not just standing looking impressive like 2016) It is not clear whether any horses were punched by Huns but there seems to have been a few hardy souls trying, with little success, to trip them up.

There the similarities end as the violence is unmissable and lengthy. I said before that I was unaware that I was involved in a riot until I returned to my car and switched the radio on.
Johnstone's memory must be impaired and the only reason I can think of is that although he played in this game he must have been pished. At least judging by his miss at around the 20 second mark in this clip. Judge for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzJO9K__n9A

DH1875
03-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Is this not the same guy who was going mental after the final demanding that every hibs fan in the world should be hung, drawn and quartered and that the club should be banned from Europe :confused:

Pete
03-06-2016, 05:05 PM
So strict liability won't work because it's only a minority and it hurts the club who have done lots already. Leave Rangers alone.

Also this was worse than 1980 so hibs have to be punished but he isn't sure how.

Ok then.

degenerated
03-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Have Rangers confirmed that all of their players are now out of intensive care? Maybe Warbs is still on a vigil at the Glasgow Royal?
Dealing with the resultant trauma. Post alleged attack stress disorder, I believe it's known as.

Nameless
03-06-2016, 05:09 PM
I noticed that DJ is the first Rangers man to say "alleged assault". The facts are coming out, and opinions are being forced to change, not before time.

hibs69
03-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Worse than 1980??? Laughing my effin a$$ off. Must win ersehole statement of the year, 2016.

JimBHibees
03-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Anyone old enough to remember Barcelona and his ludicrous comment about fans only running on the pitch, dear oh dear. That was a full scale riot with the police and Rangers were given the trophy in a broom cupboard and they were banned the next season. To anyone even equating that or to say 2 weeks ago was worse than the 1980 riot is absolutely an imbecile. Personally think strict liability should come in as it means the authorities can't Kop out of punishing serial offending clubs. Sickening.

jacomo
03-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Gordon Smith also said 2016 was 'far, far worse' than 1980.

I recommend watching footage of the 1980 pitch invasion again.

Waxy
03-06-2016, 05:23 PM
How is a guy swinging a punch and missing and another bumping into a goalie (There's no real evidence of anything more)? How s that worse than hundreds of people charging each other back and forward for ten minutes,dozens of injured lying all over the pitch, blood everywhere, police swinging there batons at fighting morons whilst singing sectarian songs of hate?????? Hows that??? Whats he on??????? Did anyone see one drop of blood after the 2016 final?

ronaldo7
03-06-2016, 05:25 PM
He must have forgotten this then. Lucky the Dons fans just went home after their defeat, unlike some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OyrGfkvKy0

17 Minutes in. Goalposts removed too.

hibs69
03-06-2016, 05:32 PM

He's still angry at constantly being reminded of the 83 FA Cup final. My granny would've scored that, Gordon.

lord bunberry
03-06-2016, 05:47 PM
He's still angry at constantly being reminded of the 83 FA Cup final. My granny would've scored that, Gordon.
Believe it or not he actually wrote a book about it called smith did score. The problem is nae **** cares, he will always be remembered for that miss.

Onion
03-06-2016, 05:53 PM
DJ is just another Hun mouthpiece and apologist. Like every other Hun, in denial about all the problems his club causes football and society. Take this bit ..

"Clubs do their utmost to stop sectarian singing and to stop fans going on the pitch and fighting. It’s down to the people themselves."

So how does this square with Sevco's statement that they would not tolerate any criticism of this Hun Thugs who invaded the pitch to protect the Rangers players ? Quite the opposite of doing their utmost to stop this - actually applauding and encouraging them !!

Waxy
03-06-2016, 05:58 PM
I remember Graham Roberts had to go in goal for Rangers. That went well eh Rangers.

hibs0666
03-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Taken from today's Glasgow Evening Times, Derek Johnstone says, it's not hibs fault, so don't punish them!! He then goes on to say singing banned songs is not the The Rangers fault, so they should not be punished either. The Huns are finally catching on, that the preposterous statements they released after the final are coming back to haunt them........

"We may be almost two weeks on from the Scottish Cup final but we are still dealing with the fall out from it.

Only a few days ago Hibs announced that they have issued both temporary and life bans to some of the fans that caused trouble at Hampden, and credit to them for that, but we’ve also had some calls for clubs to be held accountable for the behaviour of their supporters.

For me, strict liability just doesn’t work. If you are on the Hibs board and your fans jump a wall and run on to a pitch, what has that got to do with you?

The wrong people are going to get punished for this, but the question is what are you going to do? You can’t punish the fans without punishing the club. If you ban supporters for cup ties or whatever else, the club doesn’t get any financial benefit from it.

I think the clubs are doing a lot at the moment. Maybe they could do a little bit more.

But in the case of the Old Firm clubs, if some fans are singing these nasty songs the clubs are banning people for it and are doing everything they can. If you have that small percentage on both sides who are intent on singing that, it’s wrong to deduct teams points or whatever else.

It’s wrong to punish those players or coaches who go every week and work their socks off to get it taken away from them because a couple of hundred fans want to sing a song they shouldn’t be.

The police are paid a lot of money by the clubs to police the games. I think more people need to be taken away if they are misbehaving, it’s as simple as that.

Every club has a section of their support that couldn’t give a monkey’s about what the directors say. They are going to cause trouble either before or after the game, what can the club do about that? Once the match finishes and these punters head into town to cause trouble, how can they be responsible for that as well? A club can’t police every single person that goes into a ground.

To start taking points off clubs is asking for trouble. They won’t take that lying down and they will then look at the police. The stewards cannot do anything, they are paid a pittance. If the police aren’t doing anything then why are they there?

They have to act more responsibly. It’s a hard job for them but if there is a small section of people causing problems, no matter what club, you have to sort it out fairly quickly.

The clubs are doing their best. There will be those who say they’re not, but it’s just lip service. Talks of bans, fines, points deductions, it’s all rubbish.

This is a problem all over our country and down south as well. If people can’t behave it’s not necessarily a football problem, it’s the individuals themselves that need to be brought to task.

The only way to stop that inside a football ground is for the authorities to act and to act quickly.

All of this has come about after a game at Hampden, so it’s the Scottish FA’s responsibility to ask questions. They need to get to the bottom of this.

Something similar happened to us in 1972 when Rangers won the Cup Winners’ Cup in Barcelona.

Obviously the fans were excited and came on to the pitch, but they couldn’t goad anybody because Dynamo Moscow didn’t have any supporters at the game!

But within a couple of weeks we were banned for two years just for running on the pitch, never mind doing anything else. After appealing it we got done for a year.

And that’s why I think it’s wrong. The players have done nothing wrong, you can’t take it out on them.

Having said all of this, something does have to be done. The authorities have to be seen to be doing something.

Once players are getting allegedly attacked and safety becomes a concern, where do you go from there? Football is finished.

There has to be a severe penalty. The SFA are going to have to sit down and really have a think about this.

Do you say that2 nobody can be in the ground for certain games either domestically or in Europe?

And they talk the biggest shiit pile in the west.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-06-2016, 06:05 PM

But you can see why he would try to claim that. It would mean that folk could stop looking back at 1980 cos there is a newer example.

Waxy
03-06-2016, 06:13 PM
We should have a rangers disorder thread where we can stick any evidence if disorder from them. Getting absolutely sick of their lies.

03-06-2016, 06:15 PM
This line says everything that's wrong in the media about this subject :

"But in the case of the Old Firm clubs, if some fans are singing these nasty songs the clubs are banning people for it and are doing everything they can."

He can't even bring himself to say what it is - sectarian songs and hatred - as he knows that'll vilify him in the eyes of a huge number of Rangers fans! Folk in the media and prominent voices within Scottish Football need to tell it like it is or this ******in *****e will never change. Unbelievable.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-06-2016, 06:15 PM
For me the matter is kinda simple. If folks conduct acts of violence or criminal damage, the individuals take responsibility for their actions. It's the same in any other walk of life why should footie be different?

Plus What's the point in having databases, all-seated stadia if you don't use it to root out the perpetrators?

Pete
03-06-2016, 06:18 PM
This line says everything that's wrong in the media about this subject :

"But in the case of the Old Firm clubs, if some fans are singing these nasty songs the clubs are banning people for it and are doing everything they can."

He can't even bring himself to say what it is - sectarian songs and hatred - as he knows that'll vilify him in the eyes of a huge number of Rangers fans! Folk in the media and prominent voices within Scottish Football need to tell it like it is or this ******in *****e will never change. Unbelievable.

:agree:

Trivialising it.

Onion
03-06-2016, 06:23 PM
I noticed that DJ is the first Rangers man to say "alleged assault". The facts are coming out, and opinions are being forced to change, not before time.

Unravelling. Give it time and the Huns will be forced to apologise to Hibs and Hibs fans for spoiling our winners party. :greengrin Their crappy players and deadbeat fans hung around like a bad smell.

Phil MaGlass
03-06-2016, 06:25 PM
What a load ay 5hite. Honestly,a couple of hundred fans. Its damage limitation for the huns. Nothing more nothing less. Most fotos in the press that said Hibs fans riot, were of huns kicking the crap out of Hibs fans lying on the ground. No mention of sectarian singing no flares no f.n nothing. Its about time some of the media stood up tae the SFA and hun kissin apologistic press.

Captain Trips
03-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Worse than 1980 haha aye right, how many folk were actually hurt? 100s of folk all wanting a fight but **** scared to do it is what I saw. The whole thing is an utter joke to be even called a riot is laughable.

As I have said before the papers and commentators jumped in far to quick with what was actually going on. No players were hurt that I know of there were a few serious fights that lasted one or 2 hits the rest of it frankly was fake bravado of folk running up to one another taking a swing then running off.

There to me seems to be a real dissapointment with the reporters that nobody was actually hurt and leaves the whole story to me laughable. They would have just loved a few serious kickings to justify there initial garbage.

If all these folk up that end really wanted to fight there would still be folk in hospital now and a fair few of them at that. The only riot is the reporting of it all.

03-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Oh yes the usual poor little old rangers.:rolleyes:

03-06-2016, 07:17 PM
99% of hibs fans went on their out of utter joy and relief not malice. Yes there was 1% (if that!) that acted liked morons. 100% of huns that entred the pitch were there for a fight, why else would they be on?! hardley there celebrating were they?!

This "poor us" routine from them is a joke. Purely trying to deflect away from the game.

3-2 ya ****ing bitter, greeting faced ****s :na na:

Deansy
03-06-2016, 07:48 PM
The tone of the first half of his 'article' completely differs from the tone of the 2nd - almost as if halfway through someone's tapped him on the shoulder and said -

"Haw you - just mind who you ur and who and whit ye stand for - WATP - and NEVER ever forget it ..... and NEVER ever let THEM forget it !"

Finn2015
03-06-2016, 07:52 PM
99% of hibs fans went on their out of utter joy and relief not malice. Yes there was 1% (if that!) that acted liked morons. 100% of huns that entred the pitch were there for a fight, why else would they be on?! hardley there celebrating were they?!

This "poor us" routine from them is a joke. Purely trying to deflect away from the game.

Perfectly put. It was all about them being sore losers. Typical Huns. Triumphalists who can't take a taste of their own medicine

Hibernia&Alba
03-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Is this Derek Johnstone or just a doppelganger?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160603/7a25b7c8f3920739a9ce89883501446f.jpg

Andy Goram! :shocked:

And of course the The Rangers shirts there.

Marco G
03-06-2016, 09:31 PM
The tone of the first half of his 'article' completely differs from the tone of the 2nd - almost as if halfway through someone's tapped him on the shoulder and said -

"Haw you - just mind who you ur and who and whit ye stand for - WATP - and NEVER ever forget it ..... and NEVER ever let THEM forget it !"Correct. I think he wrote the article but it ended a few sentences before the version in the paper. Then it was "edited" to avoid too many problems with their Govan readers.

Onion
03-06-2016, 10:01 PM

Correct, conveniently ignored by all the media and moralising commentators. And encouraged / praised by their club :casper:

Viva_Palmeiras
03-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Has the poor boy no just gone and contradicted himself?

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/14509396.Derek_Johnstone__Easter_Road_should_be_sh ut_in_the_cup_to_punish_Hibs_fans_for_Hampden_riot/

Waxy
03-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Are they just going to keep wheeling out different ex players to keep telling the same lies? Who next?

northstandhibby
03-06-2016, 11:36 PM
The thing is DJ and GS are from a different era when the huns had everything tied up - media, referees, pundits, politicians the whole spectrum. Sectarianism thrived with no-one questioning them or the hun dominance of scotland.

As the great Bob Dylan would say - The times they are a changing. The internet-social media has altered the dominance of the hun media and the punters are challenging the hun way.

GIRUY dinosaur DJ and GS because the wagons are circling the huns.

Glory Glory