PDA

View Full Version : Ian Holloway being considered!

Tangergreen
03-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Can't quite see this happening myself but Ian Holloway is on the shortlist according to my source.

Northernhibee
03-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Hmmmm, first post, incredulous claim. Hmmmmm.

Michael
03-06-2016, 12:15 PM
That would be quality. He certainly knows how to get Championship clubs promoted!

Onceinawhile
03-06-2016, 12:21 PM
I hope not.

He's a clown.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Go away yam

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Clowns often take Blackpool to the premiership. The clown they have that owns the club now is taking it to the Conference.

Benny Brazil
03-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Can't quite see this happening myself but Ian Holloway is on the shortlist according to my source.

As firsts posts go - that's a belter!

carnoustiehibee
I thought about him at the start of the week. But doubt he'd come up because of his kids

Stevie Reid
Great character with a good managerial record.

Smartie
03-06-2016, 12:32 PM
I thought about him at the start of the week. But doubt he'd come up because of his kids

You can't really blame him for not wanting to bring his kids to a city that is shared with HMFC.

The Green Goblin
03-06-2016, 12:34 PM
I heard that Leeann has suddenly become highly superstitious after her tea leaves on 21 May predicted a 3-2 win for us. She is keen to interview Louise van Gaal, as he has the same initials as Leigh Griffiths. It's superstition gone mad, but in Leeann we trust. :aok:

Enough said
03-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Go away yam why does everyone have to be a yam when they get a bit info??

The Green Goblin
03-06-2016, 12:37 PM
why does everyone have to be a yam when they get a bit info??

Holloway..... Credible? What's your thoughts on it?

i think at least taking a first post like that with a pinch of salt is understandable.

JimBHibees
03-06-2016, 12:38 PM
He will be making millions doing the sky pundit thing, no chance IMO

allezsauzee
03-06-2016, 12:38 PM
you mean as fall back if Lennon doesn't agree terms?

LustForLeith
03-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Ever since seeing Bravehart Holloway loves the Scots. Always tries to sign a few for his teams.

Warnock fact yesterday, Holloway one today.

ALF TUPPER
03-06-2016, 12:55 PM

for post #1 Tangergreen ................... thats a lulu :thumbsup:

so is this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>16853

Moulin Yarns
03-06-2016, 12:55 PM
I heard that Leeann has suddenly become highly superstitious after her tea leaves on 21 May predicted a 3-2 win for us. She is keen to interview Louise van Gaal, as he has the same initials as Leigh Griffiths. It's superstition gone mad, but in Leeann we trust. :aok:

Hibernian, always the innovators. :wink:

hibsboy90
03-06-2016, 01:09 PM
I actually know Tangergreen personally - knowing who he is, and who his source is, I don't think it's fair to be completely dismissing it out of hand. IH has had teams promoted and playing decent football en route - therefore not so ridiculous.

He should however have listened to my advice not to post on here due to the welcoming responses he'd receive from fellow hibbys.

Ronniekirk
03-06-2016, 01:17 PM
for post #1 Tangergreen ................... thats a lulu :thumbsup:

so is this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>16853

Good SHOUT Alf Couldn't resist [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renfrew_Hibby
03-06-2016, 01:18 PM
While I would say this does seem a little far fetched, I think our cup final and all the circus after has raised our profile down south.
The cup final was compelling veiwing, as noted by many a famous face on twitter ect.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-06-2016, 01:20 PM
No thanks!

Greenworld
03-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Ryan giggs being interviewed also might lack experience though

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
03-06-2016, 01:22 PM

Ryan giggs being interviewed also might lack experience though

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

And the band played believe it if you like.

greenlex
03-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Your Source!!!!! :thumbsup:

jacomo
03-06-2016, 01:28 PM
I actually know Tangergreen personally - knowing who he is, and who his source is, I don't think it's fair to be completely dismissing it out of hand. IH has had teams promoted and playing decent football en route - therefore not so ridiculous.

He should however have listened to my advice not to post on here due to the welcoming responses he'd receive from fellow hibbys.

You should have advised him that using the phrase 'according to my source' in your first post is asking for trouble.

Rossco442
03-06-2016, 01:34 PM
I don't see why someone's first post should mean they are talking sh*te.

I think Holloway is a goer, he has family in Edinburgh too.

jgl07
03-06-2016, 01:36 PM

Come off it.

Anyone who lurks for six years and then makes an opening post like that is asking not to be believed.

It seems a very implausible idea given Holloway's personal circumstances and his media work. That is before you consider his limited (zero?) knowledge of Scottish Football particularly at the second tier.

Smartie
03-06-2016, 01:42 PM
I think all this Lennon/ Holloway/ Warnock talk is fanciful nonsense.

We're about to be starting our third consecutive season in the second tier of a league which is very low-profile.

Whipping ourselves into a frenzy about names like this is likely to leave us very disappointed when a much lower profile but perfectly suited candidate (who might even actually have a knowledge of the league we're about to attempt to win) is appointed.

J-C
03-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Only thing about Holloway would be his press interviews would be entertaining.

SunshineOnLeith
03-06-2016, 01:50 PM

It's completely fair to dismiss it out of hand when he's got no track record, no post history, and just says "my source".

If I started a thread saying that "according to my source" Taylor Swift was going to be the next Hibs manager, would that deserve to be taken seriously?

Craig_HFC
03-06-2016, 01:51 PM
It's completely fair to dismiss it out of hand when he's got no track record, no post history, and just says "my source".

If I started a thread saying that "according to my source" Taylor Swift was going to be the next Hibs manager, would that deserve to be taken seriously?

Obviously not... because that is an utterly mental comparison.

Moulin Yarns
03-06-2016, 01:51 PM

Hell, Yeah!! :wink:

Brightside
03-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Obviously not... because that is an utterly mental comparison.

Its not tbh.

Craig_HFC
03-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Its not tbh.

My point was that at least Ian Holloway is a football manager. Taylor Swift isn't, as far as I'm aware.

Not that I'm saying I think Holloway will get the job or even be considered.

Brightside
03-06-2016, 02:00 PM
My point was that at least Ian Holloway is a football manager. Taylor Swift isn't, as far as I'm aware.

Not that I'm saying I think Holloway will get the job or even be considered.

Taylor Swift is getting over the heartache of splitting up with Calvin Harris by taking her coaching badges. She is at the UEFA B Course at Largs this weekend.

LancsHibs
03-06-2016, 02:00 PM
'Tangergreen' sounds like a Blackpool fan??🤔

Craig_HFC
03-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Taylor Swift is getting over the heartache of splitting up with Calvin Harris by taking her coaching badges. She is at the UEFA B Course at Largs this weekend.

Thought she would have been able to shake it off easier than that.

HibbyScott
03-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Thought she would have been able to shake it off easier than that.

:rolleyes:

That's awful! :wink:

SunshineOnLeith
03-06-2016, 02:03 PM

We must have the same source!

Craig_HFC
03-06-2016, 02:04 PM
:rolleyes:

That's awful! :wink:

:na na:

SlatefordHibby
03-06-2016, 02:05 PM
A source now tells me that Neil Harris and Graham Taylor have both been interviewed and are on the shortlist.

No idea how he got that info.

Tangergreen
03-06-2016, 02:13 PM
My 'source' works for Sky and she works fairly close with the 'experts/panellists'.

For the record, I don't post on this, I observe.
Also, I have never actually received any juicy info before. I don't go looking for it, it just so happened to be mentioned to me in passing.
I was quite excited to have 'news' for a change. Thought I would share.

LancsHibs
03-06-2016, 02:14 PM
A source now tells me that Neil Harris and Graham Taylor have both been interviewed and are on the shortlist.

No idea how he got that info.

Harris I think is currently in a job as Milwall manager is he not?? As for Graham Taylor he's long since retired. Is this a wind up and I've been reeled in? 🎣

Waxy
03-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Dunno about being our manager but id like to see Taylor Swift work somewhere at ER. Physio? Canteen? Or selling Happy Hibby ht draw tickets under the east.

iwasthere1972
03-06-2016, 02:21 PM

Taylor Swift would be nothing but trouble trouble.

Waxy
03-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Taylor Swift would be nothing but trouble trouble.

Yeh but we'd just shake it off:-/.

KWJ
03-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Only thing about Holloway would be his press interviews would be entertaining.

Yup. Resounding no from me.

sahib
03-06-2016, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't have thought Holloway would be interested, for the money Hibs are likely to offer.
But you never know.

Sudds_1
03-06-2016, 02:56 PM

Might see a big season ticket increase..............and she'd STILL be better than calderwoood :greengrin

Jim44
03-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Harris I think is currently in a job as Milwall manager is he not?? As for Graham Taylor he's long since retired. Is this a wind up and I've been reeled in? 

Yep, a whoosh moment but we all get caught sooner or later.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Josh Holloway applied for the job too.

Jim44
03-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Josh Holloway applied for the job too.

....... Not to forget Stanley. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-06-2016, 03:04 PM
I believe Rod "lost" his app form.

Pete
03-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Silly season has just got a whole lot sillier.

Nicho87
03-06-2016, 03:14 PM
No no and nope

Keith_M
03-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Ms Swift has just been presented to the press as the new Hibs Manager wearing a rather fetching green outfit.

LaMotta
03-06-2016, 03:27 PM
My 'source' works for Sky and she works fairly close with the 'experts/panellists'.

For the record, I don't post on this, I observe.
Also, I have never actually received any juicy info before. I don't go looking for it, it just so happened to be mentioned to me in passing.
I was quite excited to have 'news' for a change. Thought I would share.

Cheers for sharing. Just because you have only a couple of posts doesn't mean that info should be discounted. :aok:

I remember a numpty last summer who called anyone on here thick for thinking Scott Allan wanted to leave Hibs just because he said in the press he was happy here and said there was no chance of him leaving Easter Road at that time. He had plenty of posts, and as we all know he was talking complete single fish. :rolleyes:

LancsHibs
03-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Ms Swift has just been presented to the press as the new Hibs Manager wearing a rather fetching green outfit.

Hibs class😋

LancsHibs
03-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Just had a look on the Blackpool forum Fansonline/Blackpool (sorry can't do links) and somebody has started a thread saying IH has been at East Mains today!! I suspect it's the same person as the OP of this thread??

lord bunberry
03-06-2016, 03:35 PM
I don't see why someone's first post should mean they are talking sh*te.

I think Holloway is a goer, he has family in Edinburgh too.
That's right, I've got thousands of posts and I still talk ***** :greengrin

lord bunberry
03-06-2016, 03:37 PM
****ing Largs mafia again

Pete
03-06-2016, 03:49 PM

Needs a hot meal or two.

jgl07
03-06-2016, 04:02 PM

Strange that Sky Sports are not 'sharing' this information.

They reported that John Hughes, Steve Evans and Stuart McCall have been 'mentioned' in connection with the vacancy.

So you get a scoop but don't report and let their staff tell all and sundry.

It's implausible for me because Holloway has a history of wanting to stay close to his family. He commuted to QPR in West London from Bristol for three years because his children attended a school there. He later took the job at Crystal Palace so that he could move closer to his children who by then lived in the London area.

CmoantheHibs
03-06-2016, 04:04 PM
No idea who taylor swift is but its got to be a good thing has it not.we have all been crying out for pace.

Nemo
03-06-2016, 04:23 PM

How i'd love this to be true!

quality man

quality manager

the interview when he mentioned harry redknapp's hair is so funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sDe4VrGPDc

Moulin Yarns
03-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Just had a look on the Blackpool forum Fansonline/Blackpool (sorry can't do links) and somebody has started a thread saying IH has been at East Mains today!! I suspect it's the same person as the OP of this thread??

Why has BlackpoolHibs got 2 usernames?

Joking

Northernhibee
03-06-2016, 04:30 PM
No idea who taylor swift is but its got to be a good thing has it not.we have all been crying out for pace.

She's got a knee injury but she's hoping to shake it off for the new season.

lapsedhibee
03-06-2016, 04:33 PM
If Swift was serious about the Hibs job she'd have put out a cover of SoL long before now, so I think she's another one just making it known that she's available for managerial work.

Beefster
03-06-2016, 04:38 PM
I can exclusively reveal to my Hibs.net fans that my informer close to senior figures within the club says too many folk like to pretend that they're tabloid journalists or Gerry McNee. Read my breaking posts on Hibs.net to get the latest news.

hibsbollah
03-06-2016, 04:54 PM
I can exclusively reveal to my Hibs.net fans that my informer close to senior figures within the club says too many folk like to pretend that they're tabloid journalists or Gerry McNee. Read my breaking posts on Hibs.net to get the latest news.

Writing in the 3rd person also helps. 'Sources close to Beefster understand that Whoopi Goldberg has had preliminary discussions with Ms Dempster...she apparently heard we play in the colour purple...'

hibs69
03-06-2016, 05:13 PM
I always go put the Doc Martin boxset on after listening to Holloway.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Exclusive! Taylor Swift splits up with Colin Hariss' son prior to securing her dream job. Seemingly she has always had time for Leanne!

lord bunberry
03-06-2016, 05:23 PM
I always go put the Doc Martin boxset on after listening to Holloway.
I always put doc Martin steel toe caps on after listening to terry butcher, then I jump in the car and try and find the ****.

keep the faith
03-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Imagine having to listen to Holloways rent a quips all year round. No thanks.

hibs69
03-06-2016, 05:34 PM
I always put doc Martin steel toe caps on after listening to terry butcher, then I jump in the car and try and find the ****.

"Absolutely no **** is to blame" Terry? Surely no!

lord bunberry
03-06-2016, 05:44 PM
"Absolutely no **** is to blame" Terry? Surely no!
:tee hee:

SquashedFrogg
03-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Imagine having to listen to Holloways rent a quips all year round. No thanks.

To be fair, if you listen to his analysis on Sky he's very knowledgeable. Knows the game and knows players.

Doubt it's a serious prospect but I'd take him in a flash. As pointed out before, he took Blackpool to the EPL.

Also a players manager. That's what we need. IMO

The Green Goblin
03-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Hibernian, always the innovators. :wink:

Bonus marks to you for noticing. :greengrin

hibs69
03-06-2016, 05:53 PM
To be fair, if you listen to his analysis on Sky he's very knowledgeable. Knows the game and knows players.

Doubt it's a serious prospect but I'd take him in a flash. As pointed out before, he took Blackpool to the EPL.

Got to be honest, I miss the entire content of what he's saying because I think he's always a few sentences away from talking about Cornish Pasties.

Bald Reynard
03-06-2016, 05:55 PM

He also took Leicester DOWN to League 1 !

hibbypostie
03-06-2016, 06:21 PM
why does everyone have to be a yam when they get a bit info??

his user name went over your head then :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
03-06-2016, 06:25 PM
He also took Leicester DOWN to League 1 !

:yawn: I'm sure if you look he wasn't solely responsible.

I did stress it was my opinion. Enjoy CAPS lock my friend :rolleyes: Tends to mean you're shouting.

Stroll on and enjoy your cartoons

Pete
03-06-2016, 06:29 PM
He talks like a pirate so it's a yes from me.

stantonhibby
03-06-2016, 07:03 PM
He talks like a pirate so it's a yes from me.

Arrr!!

hibs69
03-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Arrr!!

Corrrrrrnish Parrrrrsties arrr!

Fk me, these Coors lights are kicking in. Its only half 8 ffs.

Unlike the Corrrrrrrnish Parrrrsties...... they're never half ate.

Holmesdale Hibs
03-06-2016, 08:01 PM
He took Palace to the premiership as well. Unfortunately he made too many mediocre signings in the summer transfer window (15 if I remember correctly) and the team took a few spankings and were dead-certs for relegation until Pulis took over in January. After leaving he gave a pretty fair assessment of his own downfall.

Overall he did a good job and left on good terms with most supporters. I'd like to see him at Hibs, and think he'd get us promoted, play decent football and give is a few good laughs along the way, probably all with a dodgy defence.

Holmesdale Hibs
03-06-2016, 08:15 PM
https://youtu.be/fJB3-vEKQDc

Greentinted
03-06-2016, 08:45 PM

:tee hee: Its posts like this that miss out on us having a 'like' button!