PDA

View Full Version : No Hibs raid planned

biotech
03-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Alan Stubbs (Daily Mail 3/6/16) rules out raiding Hibs for players:

"I don't think you will see me going for any of them - out of respect. I want the best for their football club"

Good news and a class act.

lumbo_hfc
03-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Do hibs have a players good enough for the English championship?? Mcgeouch our best player constantly injured. Hanlon, probably our best player last season, I think the Scottish Premiership would be about his level and McGinn, maybe In a couple of years but not now!

hibsbollah
03-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Do hibs have a players good enough for the English championship?? Mcgeouch our best player constantly injured. Hanlon, probably our best player last season, I think the Scottish Premiership would be about his level and McGinn, maybe In a couple of years but not now!

That would be the negative take on our squad. Personally I think the gap between Scottish top tier and English second tier is massively exaggerated. Lots of people confuse cost with value.

Since90+2
03-06-2016, 11:37 AM
If we had a fully fit side I would fancy us to beat Rotherham , obviously the sides in the top half of that league are different prospect entirely but the bottom 5 or 6 are nothing special.

Edit - Or I should say the side that beat Rangers in the final I'd fancy to get the better of Rotherham.

OsloHibs
03-06-2016, 11:39 AM
They won't go to a place that doesn't have a Nando's.... stubbs knows this!

biotech
03-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Interestingly, his statement doesn't rule out a move for our Celtic loans - Stokes and/or Hendo could cut it at that level.

chrisski33
03-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Its on bbc that hes keen on stokes

marinello59
03-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Its on bbc that hes keen on stokes

I have no problem with him raiding Celtic.

Geo_1875
03-06-2016, 12:03 PM
He's hardly liable to announce his shopping list in the media. If he wants a player he'll make an offer through the proper channels.

overdrive
03-06-2016, 12:06 PM
He's hardly liable to announce his shopping list in the media. If he wants a player he'll make an offer through the proper channels.

He might follow Rotherham's way of doing business. Through the media.

Geo_1875
03-06-2016, 12:12 PM
He might follow Rotherham's way of doing business. Through the media.

He's seen close up how Leeann and Rod do business. I doubt he'll try screwing with them.

His new Chairman on the other hand?

Hibby Bairn
03-06-2016, 12:16 PM
English Championship sprinkled with ex Scottish Premiership players. Average at best. Arfield, Russel, Bryson, Sammon, Shinnie, Watt, Berra etc.

Many of our players would do just fine in that league imo.

Northernhibee
03-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Alan Stubbs is an absolute class act and deserves his status as a club legend.

KeithTheHibby
03-06-2016, 12:21 PM

"I don't think you will see me going for any of them - out of respect. I want the best for their football club"

Not exactly 100% though is it...?

yerauldda
03-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Can definitely see him going for Henderson and Stokes

Finn2015
03-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Think stokes would do a job for him down there. He would do fine in that league, when he can be arsed

hibsmad
03-06-2016, 01:43 PM
My concern is that he goes for Henderson on loan as I'm sure Celtic would rather send him there. For me, Henderson was our best/most consistent player last season. Think of the big moments ...

Two nil down to Hearts and he is driving us forward, eventually setting up the first goal.

Scores against Falkirk in the play-offs.

Sets up two in the final.

I was holding out a lot of hope that we could get him back next year, however I can see Stubbs making a move for him.

s.a.m
03-06-2016, 02:03 PM
My concern is that he goes for Henderson on loan as I'm sure Celtic would rather send him there. For me, Henderson was our best/most consistent player last season. Think of the big moments ...

Two nil down to Hearts and he is driving us forward, eventually setting up the first goal.

I was holding out a lot of hope that we could get him back next year, however I can see Stubbs making a move for him.

He's been excellent, and certainly one of our most hungry and committed players. If more of our team of a few years back had shown even a fraction of his drive, we wouldn't be in this league.

jacomo
03-06-2016, 02:14 PM

Realistically, I think there is very little chance of getting LH back on loan in this league.

I think he's got huge potential and a great attitude - can see him being part of the first team squad at Celtc, or loaned out at a higher level.

Allan and Stokes to Rotherham though?

LancsHibs
03-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Think he might try and sign Liam Henderson though or get him on loan

Famous Fiver
03-06-2016, 02:51 PM
He'll come after McGeouch, McGinn and Fyvie. He'd be off his head not to.

Stokes and Henderson could easily join him but I'll bet my bottom dollar he'll be calling at Easter Road, sooner rather than later.

We've been selling our best players for decades. A real test for Ms Dempster.

Pete
03-06-2016, 02:57 PM

Stokes and Henderson could easily join him but I'll bet my bottom dollar he'll be calling at Easter Road, sooner rather than later.

I doubt it.

:hmmm:

Yorkshire HFC
03-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Do you believe him?

He'll do what's best for himself - as would any other manager.

Northernhibee
03-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Do you believe him?

He's always been a very honest and transparent person before, I have no reason not to believe him.

Pete
03-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Talk about being scared of the day you never saw. Maybe we should worry about this when and if it actually happens.

The man has said he is going to do the exact opposite of what the doom mongerers are talking about so I guess no amount of reassurance will be enough.

biotech
03-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Do you believe him?

Stubbs seems an honourable man with a great sense of affinity for the club. Yes, I believe him.

OsloHibs
03-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Stubbs seems an honourable man with a great sense of affinity for the club. Yes, I believe him.

I dont.

GreenArmyyy!
03-06-2016, 04:19 PM

Fyvie? He's not done anything to merit a move back down south in my opinion.

JohnM1875
03-06-2016, 04:52 PM
He's always been a very honest and transparent person before, I have no reason not to believe him.

I believed in that too. I believed he'd be here for the coming season as they were already looking into buying players for the upcoming season. Look what happened there.

For Stubb's to say he won't come in for any of our players is just a nice sound-bite. He hasn't even assessed his Rotherham squad and after the first few training sessions he might think I need a McGinn here and I could get him on the cheap from the Scottish Championship.

I want to believe he won't come for our players. I just don't.

DH1875
03-06-2016, 04:57 PM

If I were a Rotherham fan I'd be pretty disappointed in that statement to be honest.

I'd agree with that as well.

Jim44
03-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Sorry Alan, I don't believe you. Your chairman won't stand for respectful half promises made by you to your former club.

MWHIBBIES
03-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Fyvie? He's not done anything to merit a move back down south in my opinion.Fyvie has been excellent since signing for Hibs. If people can't see it after the Scottish cup final they never will.

JohnM1875
03-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Fyvie has been excellent since signing for Hibs. If people can't see it after the Scottish cup final they never will.

Could not agree more. He's been fantastic! We really missed him when he was out injured towards the end of the season.

hibs69
03-06-2016, 05:28 PM

Yes, certainly wouldn't be overly upset or in need of therapy if Fyvie left. But do understand he has his fans. Not one of them myself like.

Famous Fiver
03-06-2016, 05:47 PM
I stand by my comments.

What Fyvie brings to the table can't be underestimated.

Masterful in the Cup Final, Stubbs brought him here in the first place, I'd have eleven Fyvies in my team every week.

However, it's all about opinions so we'll just have to wait and see.

macca70
03-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Folk that were slating Stubbs for going to Rotherham, saying we were a bigger club. Stubbs is planning a bid for Commons, we could never dream of that.

Bit of a contradiction aswell, saying he won't raid Hibs but is interested in Stokes. If Rodgers isn't keen on Stokes, could we not keep him on loan? That would be taking a player away from us.

Pete
03-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Folk that were slating Stubbs for going to Rotherham, saying we were a bigger club. Stubbs is planning a bid for Commons, we could never dream of that.

Bit of a contradiction as well, saying he won't raid Hibs but is interested in Stokes. If Rodgers isn't keen on Stokes, could we not keep him on loan? That would be taking a player away from us.

He won't raid us directly but he'll raid us indirectly. C'mon man that's stretching it a bit.

As for anyone who says they don't believe him, what makes people think that he's not telling the truth? He hasn't suddenly turned into Dick Dastardly because he had the audacity to leave us.

Joe Baker2
03-06-2016, 06:16 PM

tbh - I don't think Henderson was consistent. He started and finished the season well but dipped in between.

MWHIBBIES
03-06-2016, 06:19 PM

Bit of a contradiction aswell, saying he won't raid Hibs but is interested in Stokes. If Rodgers isn't keen on Stokes, could we not keep him on loan? That would be taking a player away from us.Stokes is a Celtic player, Stubbs is not taking a player from us if he signs him.

TRC
03-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Players he may have identified for us that we may still be interested in might try and get them? Also wouldn't be surprised to see him take Allan down there.

basehibby
04-06-2016, 10:52 AM

Class from Stubbs yet again :not worth

macca70
04-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Stokes is a Celtic player, Stubbs is not taking a player from us if he signs him.

Well he is, if there was any chance of us getting Stokes on loan next season.

RyeSloan
04-06-2016, 02:05 PM
tbh - I don't think Henderson was consistent. He started and finished the season well but dipped in between.

Sheesh I'm not sure what you expect from a player then! Hendo was class all season, sure in some games he looked like he was running on empty but that's more to do with the amount of games he played and the effort he put into them.

Quality player that we will surely miss next year.

MWHIBBIES
04-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Well he is, if there was any chance of us getting Stokes on loan next season.No he isn't.