PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks today........

Finn2015
03-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Fixtures released! It's like ticking down to Christmas isn't it!

pacoluna
03-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Not really, will be one of the most uninspiring fixture lists I will have came across.

Looking forward to the Europa league qualifiers though!

Big_Franck
03-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Not really, will be one of the most uninspiring fixture lists I will have came across.

Looking forward to the Europa league qualifiers though!

Wouldnt mind a trip to Dundee Utd or Dunfermline in August. I'm guessing we'll get Dunfermline at new year as well?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Wouldnt mind a trip to Dundee Utd or Dunfermline in August. I'm guessing we'll get Dunfermline at new year as well?

We'll most likely get Dundee Utd at Xmas. Raith vs Pars, Morton vs St Mirren and Utd vs Hibs

davidw
03-06-2016, 07:48 AM
Fixtures released! It's like ticking down to Christmas isn't it!

Here's a more exciting thought: 2 weeks ago tomorrow!

Finn2015
03-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Hopefully a home game to kick off, not fussed who

NAE NOOKIE
03-06-2016, 01:35 PM
For those of us of a certain age when you look at the league table it stacks up pretty well against the bottom half of the Premier league to be honest, in their time all of the clubs involved have been in the SPL*.

How many of the clubs in our league could be considered smaller than ICT or Ross County or even St Johnstone or Killie with the pathetic crowds they get? ..... I would lay money that Queen of the South would get bigger crowds than most of these clubs if they made it to the top league, never mind Dunfermline or Ayr Utd ....... the only club that doesn't float my boat coming to Easter Road would be Dumbarton ... though of all the clubs in the league, Falkirk notwithstanding, we owe them a good kicking.

Unless one of the others, specially Dunfermline, spring a surprise IMO its going to be a 3 way fight between Hibs, Dundee Utd and Falkirk ..... Though I think there will be plenty shock results because St Mirren, Raith Rovers, QotS and Morton are well capable of getting results against anybody at home. The only club at this stage that doesn't worry me is Ayr Utd ..... if their play off 2nd leg is anything to go by they will struggle, Stranraer were much the better team.

Whatever happens we cant afford to be complacent, Dundee Utd will be desperate to go back up and are every bit as big a threat as Hearts, Sevco or Falkirk have been.

Edit ... * apart from Queen of the South

Smartie
03-06-2016, 01:47 PM
For those of us of a certain age when you look at the league table it stacks up pretty well against the bottom half of the Premier league to be honest, in their time all of the clubs involved have been in the SPL.

How many of the clubs in our league could be considered smaller than ICT or Ross County or even St Johnstone or Killie with the pathetic crowds they get? ..... I would lay money that Queen of the South would get bigger crowds than most of these clubs if they made it to the top league, never mind Dunfermline or Ayr Utd ....... the only club that doesn't float my boat coming to Easter Road would be Dumbarton ... though of all the clubs in the league, Falkirk notwithstanding, we owe them a good kicking.

Unless one of the others, specially Dunfermline, spring a surprise IMO its going to be a 3 way fight between Hibs, Dundee Utd and Falkirk ..... Though I think there will be plenty shock results because St Mirren, Raith Rovers, QotS and Morton are well capable of getting results against anybody at home. The only club at this stage that doesn't worry me is Ayr Utd ..... if their play off 2nd leg is anything to go by they will struggle, Stranraer were much the better team.

Whatever happens we cant afford to be complacent, Dundee Utd will be desperate to go back up and are every bit as big a threat as Hearts, Sevco or Falkirk have been.

United also have a clever manager with knowledge of this league who will have had all summer to prepare. It will help him to work with what is effectively a blank canvas.

I'm honestly quite looking forward to it. I like the pressure of a title race, knowing you have to win every week and wondering if each dropped point is going to be the one that costs you.

I'd still swap it for derbies, taking points off the OF and trying to get into European places through the league every day of the week though.

Finn2015
03-06-2016, 02:04 PM
It is the 17th June? That's what I thought any way

KWJ
03-06-2016, 02:40 PM
It is the 17th June? That's what I thought any way

When does the league campaign start?

I'm back in the country on July 21st. I already know that I miss the first Euro tie, hoping we make it through and I can catch the next round.

Fixture list day is more exciting when you're looking for the derbies and Christmas/NY fixtures.

Have a chance to head to a couple of new grounds this year though as I've not been to Dumbarton and QotS.

OsloHibs
03-06-2016, 02:43 PM
When is the winter break from?

Diclonius
03-06-2016, 02:47 PM
When is the winter break from?

No doubt a mild period sandwiched in between two months of constant rain, snow and frozen pitches.

Our "big games" will be Dundee United and Falkirk. I can take that for one year, provided we blow them away.

Lucius Apuleius
03-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Two weeks today, my bairn gets married. 😋

Yorkshire HFC
03-06-2016, 03:11 PM
For those of us of a certain age when you look at the league table it stacks up pretty well against the bottom half of the Premier league to be honest, in their time all of the clubs involved have been in the SPL.

Yes - but we have no big games against Hearts, Celtic or Rangers to look forward to - no chance of qualifying for Europe through the league etc. But we know what we have to do and hopefully we will not be here next season.

NAE NOOKIE
03-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Yes - but we have no big games against Hearts, Celtic or Rangers to look forward to - no chance of qualifying for Europe through the league etc. But we know what we have to do and hopefully we will not be here next season.

Probably the only saving grace about failure to get promotion is that we wont have to suffer the bigoted bile of these knuckle draggers for a season.

DH1875
03-06-2016, 04:50 PM
When does the league campaign start?

I'm back in the country on July 21st. I already know that I miss the first Euro tie, hoping we make it through and I can catch the next round.

Fixture list day is more exciting when you're looking for the derbies and Christmas/NY fixtures.

Have a chance to head to a couple of new grounds this year though as I've not been to Dumbarton and QotS.

Think you might just make the 2nd leg of the first Euro tie if we are at home.

Finn2015
03-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Probably the only saving grace about failure to get promotion is that we wont have to suffer the bigoted bile of these knuckle draggers for a season.

Yip might be for the best we don't play each other for a bit

NikGunnarsson
03-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Love the whole build up to a season. Would love Falkirk at Home to turn over tomato heed and start off with a really positive win then would love Ayr away while its still roasting. To be fair their is some great away trips this season, Ayr Dunfermline Dundee United

DH1875
03-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Love the whole build up to a season. Would love Falkirk at Home to turn over tomato heed and start off with a really positive win then would love Ayr away while its still roasting. To be fair their is some great away trips this season, Ayr Dunfermline Dundee United

Dundee Utd away sucks. Their stewards are the worst you'll come across and that stand is just awful.

HibsNutter
03-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Dundee United and Falkirk first please, set down a marker for the season by stuffing both.

Sir David Gray
03-06-2016, 11:10 PM

That's no problem.

We can qualify for the Champions League the following year by winning the Europa League next season. :wink:

HoboHarry
03-06-2016, 11:14 PM

Doom monger. We will meet all of them in the cup and put them out on their erchies as well.