PDA

View Full Version : photo with the cup ??

biffo1875
02-06-2016, 05:25 PM
sorry if posted already .just wondering if hibs have any plans yet for people getting their photo taken with the scottish cup ?40000 photos or so at say £25 a pop £1 million in the bank simples :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:ggtth 21/05/2016 yeeeeha

lugz
02-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Been mentioned a few times. Surely a no brainer. To be honest I'll be extremely annoyed if I don't get a chance to have a photo with my daughter and the cup.

HibsNutter
02-06-2016, 05:30 PM
£25? Try a fiver.

lugz
02-06-2016, 05:32 PM
£25? Try a fiver.

It'll be at least double that. They'll hold exclusive rights to the photos and make you buy from them. No doubt a variety of prices dependent on size of picture.

biffo1875
02-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Been mentioned a few times. Surely a no brainer. To be honest I'll be extremely annoyed if I don't get a chance to have a photo with my daughter and the cup.me too mate

southsider
02-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Get one with my wife to be. Get it blown up to the highest resolution possible before it starts to blur. (900 x 900). Fancy green dress for her. Suited & booted (Hibs tie) for me.

Argylehibby
04-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Photo's with the cup will be starting in next couple of weeks. Price being talked about is well below £25!

matty_f
04-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Photo's with the cup will be starting in next couple of weeks. Price being talked about is well below £25!

Needs to be below £25 :agree:

plhibs
04-06-2016, 04:41 PM
I'll be arriving in Edinburgh on June 27th for 3 weeks stay I hope I can get one, didn't think I would ever see it in my lifetime.:thumbsup:

northstandhibby
04-06-2016, 10:24 PM
I'll be arriving in Edinburgh on June 27th for 3 weeks stay I hope I can get one, didn't think I would ever see it in my lifetime.:thumbsup:

:aok: Hopefully Hibernian have sorted out Cup photos by then. Hope too the price is around a tenner so as many fans as poss get to have one taken. I'll be putting myself on the waiting list as soon as it is announced. Magic.

Glory Glory

Hibbyradge
04-06-2016, 10:27 PM
£25? Try a fiver.

Hearts charged £25 in 1999 or whenever it was.

eastterrace
04-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Hearts charged £25 in 1999 or whenever it was. yeh but they were robbing barstewards back then , think about it they still are

Sir David Gray
04-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Hearts charged £25 in 1999 or whenever it was.

That's about £40 in today's money.

northstandhibby
04-06-2016, 10:59 PM
That's about £40 in today's money.

Wonder how much the 35-40 million they owed when going into admin would be worth now then?

Glory Glory

Niffy
05-06-2016, 07:11 AM
Media and PR depts on holiday all of last week as far as I know.
I'll be back in touch with them this week coming to do a 360 pano photo with the cup at some point soon hopefully.

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 08:22 AM
If it is £25 they can bolt, ST holders should get it free as a reward for their loyalty.

O'Rourke3
05-06-2016, 08:57 AM
If it is £25 they can bolt, ST holders should get it free as a reward for their loyalty.

Or cash in some of the loyalty points....

Hibee87
05-06-2016, 08:58 AM
I would imagine they are waiting till aftr the new top is released as well. Perfect way to shift the new top to have with the cup. At least that seems like basic p.r and selliing to me

lucky
05-06-2016, 09:01 AM

Why? I'm a ST and I don't need rewarded for CHOOSING to buy a season ticket to watch my team. The cup photo will be a good earner for the club, so why allow 7500 people something for free. If Hibs charge a tenner for it that would pay a players wage for a year. As a club we can't keep giving freebies based on supposed loyalty.

marinello59
05-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Why? I'm a ST and I don't need rewarded for CHOOSING to buy a season ticket to watch my team. The cup photo will be a good earner for the club, so why allow 7500 people something for free. If Hibs charge a tenner for it that would pay a players wage for a year. As a club we can't keep giving freebies based on supposed loyalty.

Spot on.

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 09:06 AM

Because £25 is a scandalous amount of money to pay for a photograph and so is £380 for a season ticket in the championship. I can afford it,many can't that's why I think there should be a much lower price.

IanFaeClerrie
05-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Dougie Chapman MR had one in his constituency newsletter with his laddie from the civic Reception.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

sbell1875
05-06-2016, 09:26 AM
I've just bought a house and a photo of me holding the beautiful trophy would look cracking in the living room. The kitchen. The master bedroom. The spare bedroom. In fact, it would look great in the downstairs lavvy as well!

IanFaeClerrie
05-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Dougie Chapman MP had one in his constituency newsletter with his laddie from the civic Reception.

CentreLine
05-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Because £25 is a scandalous amount of money to pay for a photograph and so is £380 for a season ticket in the championship. I can afford it,many can't that's why I think there should be a much lower price.

Not wishing to argue with you but have you used a professional photographer at all recently? £25 would be somwthing of a bargain just for a professional picture these days and then there is the added attraction of having the Scottish Cup beside you at an Easter Road setting.

£25? A snip!

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Not wishing to argue with you but have you used a professional photographer at all recently? £25 would be somwthing of a bargain just for a professional picture these days and then there is the added attraction of having the Scottish Cup beside you at an Easter Road setting.

£25? A snip!

I can take my own camera get the same results,if you want a photographer then okay pay for it,but surely a couple of free sessions were folk can take there own is not too much to ask.

lucky
05-06-2016, 09:36 AM

I said £10 but you wanted it for free. I do agree STs are too expensive but that's the price we've got to pay to watch the Scottish Cup champions.

the tornadoe
05-06-2016, 10:57 AM
£10 or £15 seems fair to me, happily pay that for a photo with the cup !!

RoxburghHibs
05-06-2016, 10:59 AM
I can take my own camera get the same results,if you want a photographer then okay pay for it,but surely a couple of free sessions were folk can take there own is not too much to ask.

Doubt that will be an option as the cup will be on display with a backdrop etc.

£25, or thereabouts, to get a professional picture of my family with the cup - that is a snip of a price!!

:flag:

ronaldo7
05-06-2016, 11:04 AM
There should be no charge. The long suffering fans have been waiting a long time to see and feel the Scottish cup at ER, and I'll be disgusted if the club ask for the poor suffering fans to put their hands in their pockets once again.

green day
05-06-2016, 11:06 AM
There should be no charge. The long suffering fans have been waiting a long time to see and feel the Scottish cup at ER, and I'll be disgusted if the club ask for the poor suffering fans to put their hands in their pockets once again.

Aye, it's a scandal that the club should use a once in a lifetime event to pull in much needed cash.

Radge post

ronaldo7
05-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Aye, it's a scandal that the club should use a once in a lifetime event to pull in much needed cash.

Radge post

Is their really any need for this.

You have an opinion on the subject which differs from mine. It happens from time to time.

IanFaeClerrie
05-06-2016, 11:31 AM
I paid a tenner or 29 or whatever it was to get our picture taken at St Pats with these auld cups. Lovely picture with my daughter

kaimendhibs
05-06-2016, 11:33 AM
I will happily pay 25 quid for a photo with the cup. Where do I sign?

OsloHibs
05-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Of course they should charge, hibs would be crazy if they didn't.

Onion
05-06-2016, 01:21 PM

Hibs are quite right to maximise the revenue they can get from the Scottish Cup win, and paying for a picture with the Cup will be one of the biggest earners (no costs, pure profit). Happily pay a reasonable price for the privilege. If they try to give this away for free, I'll be writing a strongly worded letter to Petrie :greengrin

GreenCastle
05-06-2016, 01:33 PM
I hope they do it in set time slots - saves a hassle of long queues etc.

Some sort of online booking system to pick a time would be great.

lucky
05-06-2016, 01:35 PM

Why would you be "disgusted"? Seems a bit OTT.

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Lol at these wanting a free pic ....absolutely right for Hibs to ask a fee for such a momento..

Pretty Boy
05-06-2016, 01:58 PM
I'll happily pay the going rate for a photo with the cup.

hibbytam
05-06-2016, 02:02 PM

Really? I'd happily pay a good amount for a photo with the cup. It's the Scottish cup. That we won. Definitely worth a few notes to have a photo beside.

bingo70
05-06-2016, 02:08 PM
What about making it a minimum £10 fee then an optional additional donation to the sum of your choice with all proceeds going to the managers fund?

Would be a shame if the club got greedy and priced people out of it but I agree it's not an opportunity that should be missed to bring in some additional income.

magpie1892
05-06-2016, 02:11 PM
I'll happily pay the going rate for a photo with the cup.

The 'going rate' at both Celtc and the hun when they won their last Scottish Cup before they folded was a tenner.

At the hun superstore (don't ask - I was there on business) it was take your own pics, as many as you liked, as long as you weren't more than a couple of minutes. You were allowed to touch the Cup but not lift it off the wee plinth it was sat on.

I think a tenner is fair. For me, £25 smacks a little of profiteering.

Springbank
05-06-2016, 02:21 PM

This is very far from realistic scouse Hibee

Clubs have to make money to be successful and this once in a lifetime opportunity to get a pic with the cup is worth the £25 that people are saying hearts charged, half a generation ago

hibbytam
05-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Clubs have to make money to be successful and this once in a lifetime opportunity to get a pic with the cup is worth the £25 that people are saying hearts charged, half a generation ago
Also if I'm getting a photo, I'd quite like to have a professional photo. Which I'm more than happy to pay for.

GreenCastle
05-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Hearts charged £15

http://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/skin/common_files/pages/en/page_007.html

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 03:18 PM

Is it **** worth £25, daylight robbery if we charge that and disgusting profiteering.

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Is it **** worth £25, daylight robbery if we charge that and disgusting profiteering.

Don't get one then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Don't get one then

That's not the point though.

macca70
05-06-2016, 03:25 PM
£10 and that includes a print/photo.

Free of you buy or have bought a season ticket for next season.

They could make more from selling nice Hibs frames, keyrings etc to put your photos in.

magpie1892
05-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Don't get one then

I'd imagine no-one other than LD and RP knows what we're going to charge for Cup photos so it's academic at the moment, but I'd be a little disappointed if we were to ask for 66% more for a pic than the thieves in Gorgie were asking for in 2012, no?

GreenCastle
05-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Hopefully ER in the back drop of the picture - not sure best angles at stadium but would look pretty impressive.

Or tour and cup pic £15 (£10 tour) and cup pic.

OsloHibs
05-06-2016, 03:45 PM
£10 and that includes a print/photo.

Free of you buy or have bought a season ticket for next season.

They could make more from selling nice Hibs frames, keyrings etc to put your photos in.

NO way should you pay just £10 for a professional print! Double it and that's a bargin. And never free to us season ticket holders.
But you make a really good point for the extras hibs could sell, I hope they will do this.

northstandhibby
05-06-2016, 03:49 PM
NO way should you pay just £10 for a professional print! Double it and that's a bargin. And never free to us season ticket holders.
But you make a really good point for the extras hibs could sell, I hope they will do this.

If you're in Oslo then a tenner will hardly buy one pint of beer. A lot of HIbernian supporters find every penny is a prisoner and as Hibernian is a family club based on charitable values I am sure they will price it correctly - a tenner a photo sounds about right to me.

Glory Glory

BT58
05-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Stadium tour and get your photo taken with the cup,
get to sit in the managers seat, STF`S seat, LD`s seat,jeezo even RP`s seat [ wheres my glue and tacks..:greengrin:greengrin],
£20 for adults, £2 for wains, cheap as chips, cash goes to the new managers fund for players, [every little helps:wink::wink:]:aok::aok:

Hiber-nation
05-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Should be free to those who have signed up for STs next season.....

Beefster
05-06-2016, 03:59 PM

At the very least, Hibs will have to pay for power, staff, a backdrop, plinth, a photographer and prints. The very last thing I'd want them to do is start diverting money from elsewhere to give folk a freebie. They should be charging whatever will cover their costs and then a little profit per photo.

As an aside, I hate hyperbole like 'poor suffering fans'. I pay for a season ticket to watch Hibs and have just watched us lift the Scottish Cup. I don't feel particularly 'poor suffering'.

Edit: Why are folk getting their knickers in a twist over £25? It's a random made-up figure on the Internet.

BT58
05-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Should be free to those who have signed up for STs next season.....
well i have got mines, bought it on the wednesday as shop was closed till then after 2 years away, but i still wouldnt grudge paying cash to get my hands on that cup, go with my picture from years ago of me and my mate with league cup :agree::agree::agree:

Pretty Boy
05-06-2016, 04:01 PM
I don't really understand the ftee for ST holders argument. Is the suggestion something that could potentially make Hibs money should in fact cost the club money?

That's the reality of giving this away for free as a professional photographer is going to charge, and more than a tenner in my experience. I daresay Hibs will negotiate a bulk deal to do it cheaper to keep it affordable for as many as possible.

If people go to the open day, go on a stadium tour etc there will likely be a chance to get a picture off/with the cup. If people want a professional quality print then they will need to pay for it. That seems simple enough to understand to me.

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 04:06 PM
That's not the point though.

No one knows the pricing yet...why make a big thing of a hypothetical price

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 04:09 PM
I don't really understand the ftee for ST holders argument. Is the suggestion something that could potentially make Hibs money should in fact cost the club money?

That's the reality of giving this away for free as a professional photographer is going to charge, and more than a tenner in my experience. I daresay Hibs will negotiate a bulk deal to do it cheaper to keep it affordable for as many as possible.

If people go to the open day, go on a stadium tour etc there will likely be a chance to get a picture off/with the cup. If people want a professional quality print then they will need to pay for it. That seems simple enough to understand to me.

Exactly... Season tickets get you into the game and a guaranteed seat....why should they get you other things for free...don't understand that point either

marinello59
05-06-2016, 04:15 PM
At the very least, Hibs will have to pay for power, staff, a backdrop, plinth, a photographer and prints. The very last thing I'd want them to do is start diverting money from elsewhere to give folk a freebie. They should be charging whatever will cover their costs and then a little profit per photo.

As an aside, I hate hyperbole like 'poor suffering fans'. I pay for a season ticket to watch Hibs and have just watched us lift the Scottish Cup. I don't feel particularly 'poor suffering'.

Edit: Why are folk getting their knickers in a twist over £25? It's a random made-up figure on the Internet.

The poor suffering fans thing baffles me as well. I choose to spend my leisure time following Hibs, this season had everything I would expect from following a sports team. Every single match from the season start to finish was meaningful. You really can't ask for more.

macca70
05-06-2016, 04:19 PM

As a wee thank you to those that give the club a lump sum up front at start of the season and give the club a bit of security.

It's hardly David Bailey Hibs need, some photography student through the summer holidays would probably love the opportunity to make some cash, get some work experience and kick about in Easter Rd with chance to meet players etc.

Pretty Boy
05-06-2016, 04:26 PM
As a wee thank you to those that give the club a lump sum up front at start of the season and give the club a bit of security.

It's hardly David Bailey Hibs need, some photography student through the summer holidays would probably love the opportunity to make some cash, get some work experience and kick about in Easter Rd with chance to meet players etc.
My thank you is entry to evey Hibs home league game at a slightly reduced price with the convenience of not having to buy a ticket weekly. The priority for tickets for games where demand may outstrip supply is the bonus.

Even if it costs Hibs £5 a photo, if 5000 ST holders rock up for a freebie that's £25K diverted from elsewhere.

Every expense in life is affordable for some and unaffordable for others. There's loads of things I want that I can't afford, I don't expect them to be subsidised for me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
05-06-2016, 04:34 PM
I will pay anything to get a photo of my family and I with the cup.

WoreTheGreen
05-06-2016, 04:40 PM
I will pay anything to get a photo of my family and I with the cup.

Snap once ina lifetime?

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 04:54 PM
No one knows the pricing yet...why make a big thing of a hypothetical price

It's a point of discussion on here and some are expressing an opinion that £25 is a reasonable suggestion,I disagree, is that not okay with you?

lyonhibs
05-06-2016, 05:03 PM
£25 would, in the cold light of day, be too much.

In the unlikely - IMO - event of the club charging that, would I pay it however? Oh hell yes.

This could well be the only time we win the SC in my lifetime. I'll be adopting a strict "take my mother ****ing money" approach to practically whatever decent mementos/merchandise I can get my grubby mitts on.

green day
05-06-2016, 05:26 PM
I wonder how much people, moaning about a hypothetical price, spent on bevvy etc on the 21st and 22nd May? I can't be sure, but it was at least £100.

If the club want money off me to get a picture of me with the Holy Grail, then that's cool with me. £10, £15,£25, whatever - I will be having that photo.

If you don't think it's reasonable, dinnae bother, and just hang fire until next time we win it!!

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 05:52 PM
It's a point of discussion on here and some are expressing an opinion that £25 is a reasonable suggestion,I disagree, is that not okay with you?

fire away....get all indignant about a hypothetical price...

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 05:53 PM
fire away....get all indignant about a hypothetical price...

Brilliant answer!

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Brilliant answer!

tbh...i thought it was just ok...could have been funnier...

Onion
05-06-2016, 05:57 PM
I wonder how much people, moaning about a hypothetical price, spent on bevvy etc on the 21st and 22nd May? I can't be sure, but it was at least £100.

If the club want money off me to get a picture of me with the Holy Grail, then that's cool with me. £10, £15,£25, whatever - I will be having that photo.

If you don't think it's reasonable, dinnae bother, and just hang fire until next time we win it!!

Personally, think it should be a min £50 a photo, with formal dress code. No shorts, caps or trainers. We have standards to keep.

Argylehibby

Where did you get that from? You're plucking a figure out of thin air and using it to beat the club up! The cost of the photo is not going to be £25, it's is going to be considerably lower unless things have changed from Friday night which I doubt very much.

A realistic comparison..... My daughter graduated from uni 3 years ago and it cost a shed load more back then for a photo of that than the club will be charging for the ones with the cup in a couple of weeks time.

Scouse Hibee
tbh...i thought it was just ok...could have been funnier...

I loved the twist of sarcasim coupled with indifference to an opinion, maybe even worth £25 ;-)

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Where did you get that from? You're plucking a figure out of thin air and using it to beat the club up! The cost of the photo is not going to be £25, it's is going to be considerably lower unless things have changed from Friday night which I doubt very much.

A realistic comparison..... My daughter graduated from uni 3 years ago and it cost a shed load more back then for a photo of that than the club will be charging for the ones with the cup in a couple of weeks time.

I never plucked anything out of thin air,I responded to the suggestion of £25, read the thread and do try to keep up.Pleased to hear the club agree with my sentiments.

bigwheel
05-06-2016, 06:00 PM
I loved the twist of sarcasim coupled with indifference to an opinion, maybe even worth £25 ;-)

hahaha...keep being that witty, and I'll pay yours ! :top marks

OsloHibs
05-06-2016, 06:07 PM
If you're in Oslo then a tenner will hardly buy one pint of beer. A lot of HIbernian supporters find every penny is a prisoner and as Hibernian is a family club based on charitable values I am sure they will price it correctly - a tenner a photo sounds about right to me.

What??? Oslo. Beer. Charity. ???
All I said £10 for a professional photo is too cheap- an insult to photographers. Getting it at £20 is a bargin.

Noone knows the price it will be, but whatever it is will be worth it. I've waited all my life and I'll pay whatever- even if it means I have to live off fish paste & crackers for the rest of the month!

plhibs
05-06-2016, 06:11 PM
As I posted earlier I will arrive in Edinburgh on June 27th and will pay whatever the price is. I'll be 66 this year and not going to miss this chance, which I really thought would not happen in my lifetime. Hope they are still doing it when I get home.:flag:

Ozyhibby
05-06-2016, 06:23 PM
If anybody wants a free photo of themselves with the Scottish cup taken with their iPhone just head along to your local shopping centre in the run up to Scottish cup weekend next season. The SFA take it all over the country.
If you want your photo taken with it at Easter road, with a professional photographer, studio lighting, Hibs administering it all and posting the photos to you, a purpose built backdrop and green and white ribbons on it then you pay the going rate.
This isn't people human rights being denied. It's a luxury. If you want it you pay, if not don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
05-06-2016, 06:57 PM
What an utterly rediculous read this thread is.

ronaldo7
05-06-2016, 08:37 PM

As long as that's not the only show in town.

What if people just want to turn up with their own camera a take a few pics. A small donation could be made to the club by way of the club shop (if they get their act together and have some stuff to buy)

FWIW I can afford to buy a print from the club, but I know of others who can't.

southsider
05-06-2016, 08:44 PM
When we won the league cup in 91 fans were invited into the board room to take pics with the cup for free. Still have one of my nephew (who was 2) IN the cup.magic

Onion
05-06-2016, 08:47 PM
What an utterly rediculous read this thread is.

Just bizarre. 3 weeks ago had you offered Hibernian fans a chance to have their photo taken with the Scottish Cup, with Hibs ribbons on it, they'd have given their right arm. Now, some are reluctant to give a few quid. :crazy:

pacoluna
05-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Personally, think it should be a min £50 a photo, with formal dress code. No shorts, caps or trainers. We have standards to keep.

It's no 1902

weonlywon6-2
05-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Held the Scottish Cup back in 2006 after hearts one it at work but fidnt have cours on it😊
Look forward to getting this done, will be around a tenner for a single picture I guess

Ozyhibby
05-06-2016, 09:37 PM
As long as that's not the only show in town.

What if people just want to turn up with their own camera a take a few pics. A small donation could be made to the club by way of the club shop (if they get their act together and have some stuff to buy)

FWIW I can afford to buy a print from the club, but I know of others who can't.

I'm certain it will be. There are lots of places for people to take their own photos of the cup. This will be a chance for people to get an official Hibs photo with the cup. They are not going to just let folk come in and take their own photos. That would be like making your own Hibs strip and popping into the shop and asking them to stitch a badge on it for you because the strips they sell are too dear.

KingFranck
05-06-2016, 09:47 PM
How about £15 for the photo or £25 for a photo with the player of your choice in it as well?

givescotlandfreedom
05-06-2016, 10:38 PM
I will happily pay 25 quid for a photo with the cup. Where do I sign?

Likewise!

kaimendhibs
06-06-2016, 01:12 AM
Likewise!

☺☺

connerg
06-06-2016, 02:27 AM
Does anybody else think it's all very Yammish getting your photo taken with the cup?

lyonhibs
06-06-2016, 05:33 AM
Does anybody else think it's all very Yammish getting your photo taken with the cup?

No.

Next question?

scoopyboy
06-06-2016, 05:35 AM

Nope.

Got picture taken in 2007 with me, my laddie and father in law with the League Cup and fully intend to the same with the Scottish Cup.

hibbysam
06-06-2016, 05:48 AM

WTF... Yammish?

Dashing Bob S
06-06-2016, 05:57 AM

Yes. We finally won this silly wee tournament and got a major monkey of our back. It's a major achievement for us, as the jinx was dripping negative vibes into our club. But now that we've won it, let's not make this tawdry wee cup into a big Jambo fetish. It's an achievement for us, given our circumstances, but will mean little if we win it again. Our jinx/curse/bad luck/ineptness in this competition was the only interesting story of the competition. By winning the Scottish Cup we ended it as tournament.*

*copyright Yams

ronaldo7
06-06-2016, 06:46 AM
I'm certain it will be. There are lots of places for people to take their own photos of the cup. This will be a chance for people to get an official Hibs photo with the cup. They are not going to just let folk come in and take their own photos. That would be like making your own Hibs strip and popping into the shop and asking them to stitch a badge on it for you because the strips they sell are too dear.

You seem to be certain that this is the case. Will Hibs not be going round the local schools with the cup to allow our local kids to see it, and to take photo's with the players?

I'm sure when the dust settles, the cup will be on display and the fans will be able to have a photo gratis:agree:

Dublin07
06-06-2016, 06:55 AM
I don't think hibs should be charging for this. We had our photo taken with the World Cup in 2010 in spain and that was free. I think it should be part of the celebration not a money making exercise there is all the cup winners merchandise and limited edition tops etc for that. I will pay if I have to but don't think hibs will charge.

bigwheel
06-06-2016, 07:27 AM
I don't think hibs should be charging for this. We had our photo taken with the World Cup in 2010 in spain and that was free. I think it should be part of the celebration not a money making exercise there is all the cup winners merchandise and limited edition tops etc for that. I will pay if I have to but don't think hibs will charge.

You do realise that if the club doesn't charge it will lose money ...

scoopyboy
06-06-2016, 08:03 AM

They charged in 2007, they will charge again in 2016.

IMO quite rightly so.

Northern Hibby
06-06-2016, 08:13 AM
I'll be coming down from Inverness probably just for the day & quite happy to cough up£25 for the photo,probably nip into the club shop too, win,win for Hibs massive satisfaction for me 😀

CapitalGreen
06-06-2016, 08:18 AM

I'm guessing you're about 14/15. Trust me, get a photo with the cup or you'll grow up and look back to regret it.

GreenArmyyy!
06-06-2016, 08:33 AM
There truly are some Hibs fans that will never be happy. People arguing saying the club are disgraceful etc over a £25 fee that a poster mentioned just for debate. Others want the picture to be free, don't let the fact that Hibs will have a fairly large outlay to organise this in order for us fans to do a bit of our own profiteering.

On the other hand we could just give away all the merchandise for free and forget signing managers like Neil Lennon for instance and end up with players like Rowan Vine etc on our books again.

If you don't want to pay for a photo then don't, it really is that simple. Nobody is forcing anybody to do so.

We have just won the Scottish Cup for Christ sake, cheer up!

GreenArmyyy!
06-06-2016, 08:34 AM

You must be having a laugh?

CallumLaidlaw
06-06-2016, 08:36 AM
There truly are some Hibs fans that will never be happy. People arguing saying the club are disgraceful etc over a £25 fee that a poster mentioned just for debate. Others want the picture to be free, don't let the fact that Hibs will have a fairly large outlay to organise this in order for us fans to do a bit of our own profiteering.

On the other hand we could just give away all the merchandise for free and forget signing managers like Neil Lennon for instance and end up with players like Rowan Vine etc on our books again.

If you don't want to pay for a photo then don't, it really is that simple. Nobody is forcing anybody to do so.

:top marks I am up for the club looking to profit in any way possible from this victory. We have waited so long for it and it gave me the greatest footballing day of my life. Me and my son would love a commemorative photo that our players fought so hard to win and our fans waited so long to celebrate it.

06-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Jesus some real moaners on this eh :rolleyes: Absolutely no pleasing some folk.

We've just won the SC and i will be happy to shell out money on t-shirts, photos, DVDs etc.

06-06-2016, 09:37 AM

Exactly :top marks

JimBHibees
06-06-2016, 10:01 AM
They charged in 2007, they will charge again in 2016.

IMO quite rightly so.

Absolutely no issue with the club profiting on the back of our glorious cup win with something like this. Makes total sense.

06-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Absolutely no issue with the Club charging for photo's with the cup.
Just wish they'd get organised and get something announced.

Understand that they didn't even look into this before the final and have only been meeting with potential companies in the last week.
Commercially we seem very slow off the mark these days.

2007 they were out pretty quick with a system whereby you were allocated a time to attend which meant minimal queuing.
Also remember it cost me a fortune in the shop that day!!

They need to get things announced so people can get booked in and then get the new kit on sale to coincide with the photo's.

KWJ
06-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Didn't go to get my pic with the cup in 2007, were you able to hold it or just have your pic taken beside it on a plinth?

The only thing that slightly takes away from having your picture taken with the Scottish Cup is that it's a replica. There's nothing Hibs can do about that though and I completely understand the SFA using a replica, it's a pretty special trophy.

When I was in Dunedin the Otago rugby team had won the Ranfurly Shield for the first time in 30 odd years. The shield is from 1904 and they had it outside the ground with a couple of security folk. Me and 2 pals turned up to get tickets to the defense of the shield the next day (It's like a winner holds on trophy) and were able to pick it up and take our own photos with it. Genuinely shocked at just how relaxed it was!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranfurly_Shield

CallumLaidlaw
06-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Absolutely no issue with the Club charging for photo's with the cup.
Just wish they'd get organised and get something announced.

Understand that they didn't even look into this before the final and have only been meeting with potential companies in the last week.
Commercially we seem very slow off the mark these days.

2007 they were out pretty quick with a system whereby you were allocated a time to attend which meant minimal queuing.
Also remember it cost me a fortune in the shop that day!!

They need to get things announced so people can get booked in and then get the new kit on sale to coincide with the photo's.

I'll be buying the new kit, but I'll be wearing the Cup winning top for the picture. Or maybe my #Persevered T-shirt :aok:

happiehibbie
06-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Am at the East Of Scotland dinner on Saturday Night it's at ER [emoji3] I do hope the cup is in the cabinet or sitting out for us to get a Photo

Sir David Gray
06-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Didn't go to get my pic with the cup in 2007, were you able to hold it or just have your pic taken beside it on a plinth?

The only thing that slightly takes away from having your picture taken with the Scottish Cup is that it's a replica. There's nothing Hibs can do about that though and I completely understand the SFA using a replica, it's a pretty special trophy.

When I was in Dunedin the Otago rugby team had won the Ranfurly Shield for the first time in 30 odd years. The shield is from 1904 and they had it outside the ground with a couple of security folk. Me and 2 pals turned up to get tickets to the defense of the shield the next day (It's like a winner holds on trophy) and were able to pick it up and take our own photos with it. Genuinely shocked at just how relaxed it was!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranfurly_Shield

I would like to know this as well.

I didn't get my picture taken with the League Cup in 2007 but I definitely will be doing it for the Scottish Cup, assuming it happens.

I don't particularly care about how much it costs either, up to a certain point.

This was an historic event and cost is largely irrelevant to me.

BoomtownHibees
09-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Hibs will announce details about this today

Brightside
09-06-2016, 08:52 AM
I'm expecting a range of offers. Ranging from £15 to £50. Including framing etc. If Hibs do this right they could make a tidy sum and everyone would be happy.

lugz
09-06-2016, 08:55 AM
I'm expecting a range of offers. Ranging from £15 to £50. Including framing etc. If Hibs do this right they could make a tidy sum and everyone would be happy.

Everyone? Really? Haha

Hamish
09-06-2016, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=underscore;4725147]I'm expecting a range of offers. Ranging from £15 to £50. Including framing etc. If Hibs do this right they could make a tidy sum and everyone would be happy.[/QUOTE

No easy task in this place...

tanfield
09-06-2016, 11:25 AM
I would like to know this as well.

I didn't get my picture taken with the League Cup in 2007 but I definitely will be doing it for the Scottish Cup, assuming it happens.

I don't particularly care about how much it costs either, up to a certain point.

This was an historic event and cost is largely irrelevant to me.

The 2007 photo's were just folk standing beside the cup

Beefster
09-06-2016, 11:27 AM
If Hibs refuse to entertain my wish of a naked photo of me and the missus with the dog, in a Hibs strip, holding the cup aloft and winking at the camera, they can stick their £15 up their arse.

Hibby Gav
09-06-2016, 11:32 AM

This 100% !!!!

Rejoice we won the Cup

ggtth

TamHibs
09-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Hibs will announce details about this today

Is that 100% happening?

Hibby Gav
09-06-2016, 11:35 AM
https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/740822348463505409

News coming today from our club :)

ggtth

lugz
09-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Is that 100% happening?

Yes, according to the official twitter photo opportunities will be next week.

TamHibs
09-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Yes, according to the official twitter photo opportunities will be next week.

Delightful :aok::aok:

lugz
09-06-2016, 11:42 AM
The 2007 photo's were just folk standing beside the cup

Hope this isn't the case, I want to get my hands on it! Haha

Bristolhibby
09-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Can we have some opportunities over the Summer for out of town fans please Hibs?

Cheers

J

RoYO!
09-06-2016, 12:28 PM
The cost of the photo should be a tiered payment system based on loyalty points... :P

The more you have the cheaper it is!