PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs interview worth a listen

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2016, 02:09 PM
http://bbc.in/1Y4oGpA

Most of it is about Rotherham but there is a brief part near the end when he speaks about Hibs and it's a great listen. Gem of a guy and wish him all the best.

Legend.

Cabbage East
02-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Any chance of a summary? Can't listen at work.

Craig_in_Prague
02-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Thanks for posting.

He's a respectful well spoken guy, he will be missed, have to say.

However, such as life, he moves on and we will too.

(I did laugh a little when he said they'll have to win in different ways...)

anyway, a team I didn't give a hoot about before, will need to have a peak now and again next season on their scores.

SlickShoes
02-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Doolan was offered the chance to take over as manager of hibs, was my main take away from the interview.

BroxburnHibee
02-06-2016, 02:34 PM

Only thing about Hibs was Doolan had a chance of getting the managers job but chose to move.

Only other thing was due to his affection for us he wouldn't be raiding our squad.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2016, 02:34 PM

Just speaking about his move to Rotherham but the part about Hibs... He wont raid us for players as he thinks that would be a major slap in face to us, as the club and fans were brillaint towards him and it would be morally wrong to do so and something he just wouldn't do. Also says he has an affinity for Hibs.

Borderhibbie76
02-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Good luck Stubbsy...always be a Scottish cup winning Hibee legend 💚💚💚

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pacoluna
02-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Only thing about Hibs was Doolan had a chance of getting the managers job but chose to move.

Only other thing was due to his affection for us he wouldn't be raiding our squad.

Doolan chose to be assistant manager at rotherham united instead of becoming manager of Hibs.. Really?

Billy Whizz
02-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Doolan chose to be assistant manager at rotherham united instead of becoming manager of Hibs.. Really?

That's what Stubbs said

ian cruise
02-06-2016, 03:01 PM

Maybe he felt that Stubbs boots were too big to fill and he preferred the potential security that comes with the wage at Rotherham as a number two.

Peevemor
02-06-2016, 03:01 PM

It's not unusual for coaches to definitely NOT want a manager's job.

pacoluna
02-06-2016, 03:25 PM
It's not unusual for coaches to definitely NOT want a manager's job.

maybe not but everything was in place for him to smoothly adjust to 1st Team Manager.

chrisski33
02-06-2016, 03:47 PM
sorry didnt think it was worth listening to.

Onion
02-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Don't write off Stubbsie being back at Hibs at some point in the future. Not convinced he's made the best move in going to Rotherham, and he'll always be welcome back at ER with open arms.

Danderhall Hibs
02-06-2016, 05:43 PM
That's what Stubbs said

Maybe the assistant manager (Taff) feels differently?

heretoday
02-06-2016, 06:49 PM
The thing is the Scottish Cup is very possibly the only silverware Stubbs will win as a manager.

BoomtownHibees
02-06-2016, 06:55 PM
The thing is the Scottish Cup is very possibly the only silverware Stubbs will win as a manager.

Especially if he struggles at Rotherham

Jdawg
02-06-2016, 06:55 PM
I've no interest in listening to managers of other clubs, pass.

Thanks Alan, the end.

Bearsden Hibby
02-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Don't write off Stubbsie being back at Hibs at some point in the future. Not convinced he's made the best move in going to Rotherham, and he'll always be welcome back at ER with open arms.
It was his choice to leave us and because of that he won't be back

southsider
02-06-2016, 07:11 PM
It was his choice to leave us and because of that he won't be back Correct. Where the hell is Rotherham ? Who the hell cares. That's Stubsy. U left on a high but downhill from here. Mark my words.

The Spaceman
02-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Going to miss Stubbs. Most likeable manager in my time as a Hibs supporter and has left the club a legend.

All the best Stubbsy, always welcome back at Easter Road.

Alfred E Newman
02-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Listening to the interview he says lots of the same stuff he said when he was here.

heretoday
02-06-2016, 08:11 PM
To be truthful, it's a bit of a tragedy that he has left Hibs. We need someone of that depth of feeling and humanity to stay with us.

Finn2015
02-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Just speaking about his move to Rotherham but the part about Hibs... He wont raid us for players as he thinks that would be a major slap in face to us, as the club and fans were brillaint towards him and it would be morally wrong to do so and something he just wouldn't do. Also says he has an affinity for Hibs.

Fair play to him, wish him well

KWJ
02-06-2016, 08:24 PM
I doubt Leeann will be chuffed that he's said Doolan turned us down too.

Hi Heid Yin
02-06-2016, 09:52 PM
To be truthful, it's a bit of a tragedy that he has left Hibs. We need someone of that depth of feeling and humanity to stay with us.

I'm pleased that I'm not the only one to see the same qualities in Alan Stubbs. He is definitely a deep person and really cared for his players. His gesture in offering his Cup Final medal to charity also speaks volumes for the man. He has gone through cancer too and perhaps that in itself shaped his thoughts and his heart and made him realise that there really are more important things in life than winning or losing a football match.
I personally will miss him and the glow that he brought to Easter Road.

Northernhibee
03-06-2016, 10:30 AM
When he's brought on at HT against Sevco at ER he'll get a thunderous reception from us.

IanFaeClerrie
05-06-2016, 09:55 AM
He would have to have improved a lot

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk