PDA

View Full Version : Marathon away?

scoopyboy
02-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Been told from a good source that Marathon aren't our shirt sponsors any more and that is the issue with the launch of the new strip.

Anyone heard similar?

Ozyhibby
02-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Been told from a good source that Marathon aren't our shirt sponsors any more and that is the issue with the launch of the new strip.

Anyone heard similar?

Heard the same but that's all I know as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Good ...... time to get on the phone to 7up, we even play in the right colour, it would be the biggest selling shirt in our entire history :greengrin

I think if that doesn't happen we should be thinking out of the box .... Durex or Tampax for example .... hell, even our keeper is a maxi paddy :greengrin

Brightside
02-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Time was up on the deal i thought?

Diclonius
02-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Can't say I'm too disappointed. Betting advertising should be regulated far more heavily than it is now.

LustForLeith
02-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Good ...... time to get on the phone to 7up, we even play in the right colour, it would be the biggest selling shirt in our entire history :greengrin

I think if that doesn't happen we should be thinking out of the box .... Durex or Tampax for example .... hell, even our keeper is a maxi paddy :greengrin

Tampax...is that because we're going through a bad period?

Stevie Reid
02-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Deal was for two years, so finished now: -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs-clinch-sponsorship-deal-with-marathonbet-1-3457647

Bay Area Hibees
02-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Hope doesn't mean drop in revenue. 2nd tier means lower value, we have really strong commercial team so sure they are pulling out all the stops.

woodythehibee
02-06-2016, 01:01 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs-clinch-sponsorship-deal-with-marathonbet-1-3457647

2 year deal up.

scoopyboy
02-06-2016, 01:03 PM
So it looks like we are looking for a new sponsor then as Marathon would likely have been given first refusal.

Thanks for the feedback chaps.

uk3doorsdown
02-06-2016, 01:05 PM
good ...... Time to get on the phone to 7up, we even play in the right colour, it would be the biggest selling shirt in our entire history :greengrin

i think if that doesn't happen we should be thinking out of the box .... Durex or tampax for example .... Hell, even our keeper is a maxi paddy :greengrin

this....this i like

Virginia Hibs
02-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Little or no TV coverage next year means little incentive to renew. However the Europa League ties do give that little bit more attraction for a sponsor. I think I saw somewhere that the new kit was being launched 16th June, does this mean Marathonbet have changed their mind or a new sponsor in place? Wouldn't imagine a launch without a sponsor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalgaryHibs
02-06-2016, 01:07 PM

Very good :))

CalgaryHibs
02-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Tampax...is that because we're going through a bad period?

Booooooooo ;)

Not In The Know
02-06-2016, 01:08 PM
the prospect of thousands of replica cup wing tops being purchased with their name on it surely would have been a decent incentive to extend the deal by another year...

son of haggart
02-06-2016, 01:11 PM

Milk Tray, Rice crispies - the list of things that come out of a box is too long....

portyhibernian
02-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Obviously part and parcel of the game these days but I think a cup final top with no sponsor on it would look majestic.

LustForLeith
02-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Booooooooo ;)

I'll get me coat...

jacomo
02-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Obviously part and parcel of the game these days but I think a cup final top with no sponsor on it would look majestic.

The kids one looked brilliant - beautiful top.