PDA

View Full Version : New Manager's Goals

Dashing Bob S
02-06-2016, 07:31 AM
We will go for somebody who will get us out of that division. That's the brief, pure and simple. Difficult to say this after recent events, but next season the cups, including the Europa, are pretty much a distraction.

I would rather have us going for a one season guy using us as a stepping stone to resurrect his career (Lennon, McLeish, McCall) than a guy who wants to build the club (Cathro, Gemmil) and GET US THE **** UP. We can get a cool young manager later, but right now, let's get out of there.

United under McKinnon will be no pushovers and Houston at Falkirk will be an irritating nuisance as usual. So we need to come thundering out the blocks.

A bad ******* please.

Jones28
02-06-2016, 07:36 AM
A suit manager as opposed to a tracksuit please.

SeanWilson
02-06-2016, 07:38 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

he can wear a pink mankini for all i care.. just get us the **** up!

Peevemor
02-06-2016, 07:42 AM

Not even a John McGlynn half-and-half look?

Greencore
02-06-2016, 07:48 AM

I have read it all now.... 😂😂😂😂

marinello59
02-06-2016, 07:50 AM
We will go for somebody who will get us out of that division. That's the brief, pure and simple. Difficult to say this after recent events, but next season the cups, including the Europa, are pretty much a distraction.

I would rather have us going for a one season guy using us as a stepping stone to resurrect his career (Lennon, McLeish, McCall) than a guy who wants to build the club (Cathro, Gemmil) and GET US THE **** UP. We can get a cool young manager later, but right now, let's get out of there.

United under McKinnon will be no pushovers and Houston at Falkirk will be an irritating nuisance as usual. So we need to come thundering out the blocks.

A bad ******* please.

:thumbsup:

sauzeelegod
02-06-2016, 07:54 AM

This

pacoluna
02-06-2016, 07:55 AM

A bad ******* please.

so not someone in the same " mould" as stubbsy then.

Craig_in_Prague
02-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Some reasonable points here:
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/stubbs-successor-will-have-to-hit-ground-running-at-hibs-1-4143704

The no.1 and only real goal, is to win the league.
Think we need more pace and a bit of a bruiser up top, to add to what we have.
Otherwise we have a strong squad as it is, even if one or two leave (JC most likely).

Stubbs has failed to get us up, but his 1st season to actually finish 2nd ahead of Rangers was a good effort (remember the state of the club when he came in!) - even if he failed in the play offs against them.
2nd season cup exploits clearly didn't help the league form, however delivering the SC more than makes up for it.

Time now to move onward's and upward's.

lyonhibs
02-06-2016, 07:58 AM

What does that even mean??

easty
02-06-2016, 08:01 AM
What does that even mean??

Jordan Belfort rather than Chris Akabusi?

chrisski33
02-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Promotion!!!!! and a good defence of our sc win and even better to win the cup again!

SJM
02-06-2016, 08:12 AM
1 year deal, promotion or sacked. No excuse.

jacomo
02-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Not even a John McGlynn half-and-half look?

Ah, the best of both worlds!

Quite clearly, there is only one target - although, if I may be greedy, a competent showing in our European ties would set us up nicely for the season.

Greencore
02-06-2016, 08:40 AM

This.

SunshineOnLeith
02-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Their name needs to fit the John McGinn song.

Colr
02-06-2016, 08:53 AM

Someone who can wear a suit without a cardy!!

jacomo
02-06-2016, 08:57 AM

Lol.

Thanks for dictating your terms, but negotiations are a bit more complex than that.

What if there is a stand out candidate, with the right experience, attitude and plan? Their salary demands are reasonable but they insist on a 2 year minimum contract?

According to you, Hibs would end negotiations right there.

HibernianJK
02-06-2016, 09:15 AM
A manager who's name fits the John McGinn song.

SJM
02-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Lol.

Thanks for dictating your terms, but negotiations are a bit more complex than that.

What if there is a stand out candidate, with the right experience, attitude and plan? Their salary demands are reasonable but they insist on a 2 year minimum contract?

According to you, Hibs would end negotiations right there.

Ok, a decent manager with such demands would be extremely confident to take us up in that case. 3 year deal with a termanation clause if he fails to meet the objective of promotion.

Better?

pacoluna
02-06-2016, 10:15 AM
wonder why hibs don't follow Celtic in offering 1 year rolling contracts to managers. Would have saved us a fortune in the past.

jacomo
02-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Ok, a decent manager with such demands would be extremely confident to take us up in that case. 3 year deal with a termanation clause if he fails to meet the objective of promotion.

Better?

:aok:

Now we just need to hope we appoint that candidate!

jacomo
02-06-2016, 10:20 AM
wonder why hibs don't follow Celtic in offering 1 year rolling contracts to managers. Would have saved us a fortune in the past.

Mowbray moved onto a 12 month rolling contract IIRC.

I think John Collins might have been on one too.

But it depends on a variety of factors - mostly about managing risk. Risk of being stuck with a Butcher and having to pay them off vs risk of good manager being poached on the cheap.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2016, 10:22 AM
One who gets us promoted,anything else is failure and will result in iur severe demise.

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-06-2016, 10:37 AM
we need to appoint a manager with a plan - in the position we are in, a 1 year contract is not something I'd go for on the basis that the players need security and belief that there is a clear forward thinking plan (i.e. promoted this year/top 6 the following season/top 3 the season after) how can we ask players like Hanlon/Mcginn etc to commit to the club for the future if we only give a manager a 1 year contract?

3 years in the championship is bad - 4 years would be catastrophic. Crowds are already low (although i am optimistic that we can regularly exceed the 10k mark this season because we have won the Scottish, we ended the hoodoo to end all hoodoo's regardless of what division we are in we done it and i hope as many fans as possible have found that "buzz" for going to support hibs again) so promotion is paramount for the future of the club.

i would like a manager in by the middle of the month with signings to follow in early July. the Europa League qualifiers are perfect pre-season games as we wont face anyone of that quality so is a good chance to use these games to play attacking football. We need to steam roll teams from the off this season. 3/4 goals up by 70 mins. do that and we'll romp the league as far as i'm concerned.

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Win the league, win the league, win the league. Everything else has to go on the back burner now ... the Europa league will be a bit of fun and that's about it ... it probably wont do us any harm to not be in the group stages of the League cup either.

Finn2015
02-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Win the league, win the league, win the league. Everything else has to go on the back burner now ... the Europa league will be a bit of fun and that's about it ... it probably wont do us any harm to not be in the group stages of the League cup either.

Agreed two years of long enough it is essential we get back