PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham Fans Forum - major fail!

Paisley Hibby
01-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Anybody looked at the Millers Mad site? They've got a thread running where they refer to us as Hib's

Nothing gets me more mad than a misplaced apostrophe 😱

Oh, and they hope Stubbs will bring in some players with pace as they badly need it. Good luck with that then 😎

Sir David Gray
01-06-2016, 11:17 PM
I see it all the time on here - people referring to Alan Stubb's and in the past we spoke about John Collin's and John Hughe's.

Did my head in!

givescotlandfreedom
01-06-2016, 11:20 PM
I see it all the time on here - people referring to Alan Stubb's and in the past we spoke about John Collin's and John Hughe's.

Did my head in!

It annoy's the hell out of me

Michael
01-06-2016, 11:20 PM
I like to think of Hib's as a contraction of Hibees.

Forza Fred
01-06-2016, 11:23 PM

Did my head in!

The auto correct on my IPad ..which I am typing this on....automatically adds an apostrophe when I type Stubbs......so no doubt some of those poor sods suffer from the same affliction.

Having said that it didn't this time....but definitely does on Face book...so maybe it is controlled by some strange algoritham on individual sites......

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2016, 11:24 PM
Huh .... typical Rotherum

AZhibee
02-06-2016, 02:43 AM

:agree::agree: Thank's for sharing your feeling's :agree::agree:

AZhibee
02-06-2016, 02:50 AM

Keith_M
02-06-2016, 05:17 AM
Send the Grammar Police down their right away!

:wink:

lapsedhibee
02-06-2016, 05:48 AM
I like to think of Hib's as a contraction of Hibees.

:agree: The apostrophe's not misplaced at all. It's inserted to show that a part of our full correct name, Hibernians, has been omitted.

Bostonhibby
02-06-2016, 05:58 AM
They want pace and winger's it seems's. 😱
Maybe they should have told they're chairman!

We did have Martin Boyle and he was quick of the bench when he got a chance.

Maybe Apostrophes is a Greek winger? I think the hams are in for a shock

hfcnic
02-06-2016, 06:53 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

Gatecrasher
02-06-2016, 06:55 AM
its fair to say their reaction to them joining is a bit mixed, some of them are looking at our league form and our awful spell around March and others looking at the cup final win. I don't know how he will do down there to be honest, If Rotherham were my second team I would be concerned about our record against Falkirk and dropping stupid points against Alloa and Dumbarton. For the budget we had we should have done better if Rotherham are one of the lesser sides in the championship then I would concerned about his ability against the better teams and managers.

calumhibee1
02-06-2016, 06:57 AM
its fair to say their reaction to them joining is a bit mixed, some of them are looking at our league form and our awful spell around March and others looking at the cup final win. I don't know how he will do down there to be honest, If Rotherham were my second team I would be concerned about our record against Falkirk and dropping stupid points against Alloa and Dumbarton. For the budget we had we should have done better if Rotherham are one of the lesser sides in the championship then I would concerned about his ability against the better teams and managers.

I read it aswell and the general feeling was underwhelmed I'd say. I think Stubbs will be lucky to last the season there. Unless they manage to stay a fair distance from the relegation zone I reckon they'll hit the panic button about February and he'll be replaced by an old school manager to try and keep them up.

Smartie
02-06-2016, 07:01 AM
I can't believe there's a Rotherham fans forum.

My grandad got a pigeon from one of them this morning asking him what he thought of t'Stubbs chap.

Speedy
02-06-2016, 07:54 AM

You didn't need to post that twi's.

greenginger
02-06-2016, 08:01 AM
Anybody looked at the Millers Mad site? They've got a thread running where they refer to us as Hib's

Nothing gets me more mad than a misplaced apostrophe 

Oh, and they hope Stubbs will bring in some players with pace as they badly need it. Good luck with that then 

Wouldn't be unhappy if Stubbs did a bit of recruiting from the Falkirk, United, etc squads.

pacoluna
02-06-2016, 08:02 AM
I read it aswell and the general feeling was underwhelmed I'd say. I think Stubbs will be lucky to last the season there. Unless they manage to stay a fair distance from the relegation zone I reckon they'll hit the panic button about February and he'll be replaced by an old school manager to try and keep them up.
Steve evans will be back there before we know it- already had his say in newspaper commenting on how stubbs will "love" working with Tony Stewart and how great they are a club to work for.

chrisski33
02-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Its oxkey's fault

lapsedhibee
02-06-2016, 08:05 AM
For the budget we had we should have done better if Rotherham are one of the lesser sides in the championship then I would concerned about his ability against the better teams and managers.
Thought it was generally agreed Stubbsy's record against teams above us was good, and the problem was not being able to spank or even beat teams below us? :confused:

easty
02-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Wouldn't be unhappy if Stubbs did a bit of recruiting from the Falkirk, United, etc squads.

He'll no be in a job long if that's the standard of player he's looking at.

SJM
02-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Its oxkey's fault

Now there's a thought - are they looking for a goalie? Could be Stubbsys Shelton Martis moment.

Gatecrasher
02-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Thought it was generally agreed Stubbsy's record against teams above us was good, and the problem was not being able to spank or even beat teams below us? :confused:

I think the gap is larger from the bottom of the championship to the top than where we are and the SPL premier league. Look at some of the clubs at the top of that league, then you add Newcastle, Norwich and Villa into the mix.

LancashireHibby
02-06-2016, 08:22 AM
I think the gap is larger from the bottom of the championship to the top than where we are and the SPL premier league. Look at some of the clubs at the top of that league, then you add Newcastle, Norwich and Villa into the mix.
Having watched the English Championship most weeks for the last few seasons (and sadly League One from next year), there's actually very little difference between probably 20 of the sides. You generally get one or two sides cast adrift at the bottom and then two or three pulling away at the top and then the rest are almost completely interchangeable.

Even last season Bolton lost 4-0 at Rotherham on Boxing Day and then won 2-1 at the Macron a couple of months later. The most dazzling attacking sides generally aren't the ones who go up either; Burnley have been pretty poor as a technical side all season but were always capable of scrapping their way to a 1-0 win.

Fair point about the sides coming down, but take away the size of their crowds and they're coming down with a losing culture that takes a long time to shake off, as we've discovered in the past.

brog
02-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Having watched the English Championship most weeks for the last few seasons (and sadly League One from next year), there's actually very little difference between probably 20 of the sides.[QUOTE=LancashireHibby;4716984] You generally get one or two sides cast adrift at the bottom and then two or three pulling away at the top and then the rest are almost completely interchangeable.

I agree entirely. It's also IMO an extremely overrated league. I saw 3rd place Brighton a few times last season & while they were technically decent they really lacked creativity & pace until near the season end. It's nowhere near as big a step up from Scottish football as is made out, physique & strength is the major difference. I could name a team of players from Scotland who've done better in The Championship than they did in Scotland, Gordon Greer, Ross Wallace & Craig Bryson are just 3 examples.

chrisski33
02-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Its oxkey's fault

The_Horde
02-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Its oxkey's fault

What about Oxley?

Lago
02-06-2016, 12:30 PM
They want pace and winger's it seems's. 
Maybe they should have told they're chairman!

We did have Martin Boyle and he was quick of the bench when he got a chance.

Maybe Apostrophes is a Greek winger? I think the hams are in for a shock
They better get use to the diamond and square passing.

lyonhibs
02-06-2016, 12:55 PM
They better get use to the diamond and square passing.

And winning the FA Cup.............

TAHibby
02-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Don't even need to read it to know it'll be the usual smug 'scottish football's this, scottish football's that'

leggeto
02-06-2016, 01:17 PM
What about Oxley?

I dropped my cup of tea last night,I just blamed it on oxley as well

Moulin Yarns
02-06-2016, 01:20 PM

Shouldn't be a problem then as there are going to be more teams above them than below them :greengrin

Bostonhibby
02-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Shouldn't be a problem then as there are going to be more teams above them than below them :greengrin
It'll take away the fear of getting beat a lot by teams below them.