PDA

View Full Version : The moment when the board for four minutes added on was raised

Northernhibee
01-06-2016, 09:56 PM
The four minutes after that are arguably the greatest four minutes in Hibee history. The roar from us all anticipating that something could just happen, the defending to push them right back, David Gray battling to win the throw and then the quick throw to Fyvie, his run forward and pass to Stokes, the shot from Stokes flashing by the goal. Henderson grabbing the ball from the corner, the ball disappearing into a group of players onto to be met by captain fantastic.

Those four minutes will never leave me - the roar from our support when we saw there was four minutes still left to play was amazing and the scenes that followed...wow.

worcesterhibby
01-06-2016, 09:58 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin

Hibbyradge
01-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Great summation.

corby hibee
01-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Best four minutes of my life.

Cabbage East
01-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Gray's throw in. It was like he was goading them.

stoneyburn hibs
01-06-2016, 10:02 PM
The four minutes after that are arguably the greatest four minutes in Hibee history. The roar from us all anticipating that something could just happen, the defending to push them right back, David Gray battling to win the throw and then the quick throw to Fyvie, his run forward and pass to Stokes, the shot from Stokes flashing by the goal. Henderson grabbing the ball from the corner, the ball disappearing into a group of players onto to be met by captain fantastic.

Those four minutes will never leave me - the roar from our support when we saw there was four minutes still left to play was amazing and the scenes that followed...wow.

The buzz from that will take a long time to die down, amazing.
Those two remaining minutes though....

DH1875
01-06-2016, 10:07 PM
A throw in, who'd have thought it. I've been shouting for years about how poxy our throw-ins are :greengrin

livi hibs 1875
01-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Well I'm not going to lie about it I was crapping myself :flag:

Jamesie
01-06-2016, 10:18 PM
The raising of that board to me was a call to the spirit of all
Hibs supporters who lived and died without us lifting that trophy, and the way Gray rose to head that ball was, to me as if their collective momentum has propelled him into the air.

Andy74
01-06-2016, 10:30 PM

What game was this?😉

fat freddy
01-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Nicky Clark losing possession and giving away the throw in due to being pressurised was all important. Everything else that followed came from that one piece of pressing football, including Clark being freed from The Zombies immediately afterwards. To be able to press the play in that manner at such a late stage in the game only illustrated how determined the Hibs players were to win the game. It was like they had the scent of Hun blood in their nostrils and they were going for the kill. The Huns were like an injured gazelle, frozen by their collective realisation that the end was imminent, awaiting their death by a blood thirsty pack of ravenous hyena's. I'd also like to add that Tony Higgins looked like a mafia don when he was handing out the medals.

davidw
01-06-2016, 11:00 PM
The raising of that board to me was a call to the spirit of all
Hibs supporters who lived and died without us lifting that trophy, and the way Gray rose to head that ball was, to me as if their collective momentum has propelled him into the air.

Every time I watch it (currently still every day), I still think we're going to lose..

And weirdly, linking this to other threads, that's a reason to be positive about a new manager. Getting someone in who inspires confidence in the defence, who makes the defence strong against *****y hopeful cross balls (e.g from Falkirk), would be a massive step forward. And I say this as someone who had hoped Stubbs would stay.

jockodile
02-06-2016, 08:55 AM
When the Rangers threw ball after Gray's goal went too far and into touch I felt it was surely our day but with Hibs you never know. As soon as that free kick went to us when everyone on my side, players included, thought it was going to be a big lump up the park for them to try for 3-3 it was only a case of see it out for a throw to either side and game is over.

To avoid those stoppage time minutes having corner kick or frees to defend was part of our win as much as the goals. One interesting distinction between Sevco and Oldco is the ref played to time, not giving them more as was the norm back in the day.

CallumLaidlaw
02-06-2016, 08:57 AM
A throw in, who'd have thought it. I've been shouting for years about how poxy our throw-ins are :greengrin

And what a difference a quick throw with a player screaming for the ball makes!

Hibernia&Alba
02-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Well I'm not going to lie about it I was crapping myself :flag:

:agree:

When the board was raised, I wished I'd worn rubber underwear. Even more so when Gray scored :greengrin

Waxy
02-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Soon as we won the throw in the whole team surged forward. We wanted it and went out and grabbed it. What a feeling.

brog
02-06-2016, 10:09 AM

You're spot on, only one team was looking to win the cup in those 4 minutes. Great attitude & wonderful to see!

02-06-2016, 10:14 AM
The feeling when Gray scored was something i've never felt before in my life and probably will never experience again. We grabbed it from right under their noses