PDA

View Full Version : Jumping the Gun

Jim44
01-06-2016, 08:25 PM
With Stubbs departure from Hibs not being announced till late afternoon yesterday, I'm puzzled to read that two prospective candidates were interviewed today. Is this exciting news that we are not standing still feeling sorry for ourselves or are the rumours BS .

Vault Boy
01-06-2016, 08:28 PM
I suppose that's the continuity plan coming into action. As soon as Alan gave the indication that he wanted to speak to another club, I should think Leeann and the board had a ready made shortlist to refer to ASAP.

tamig
01-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I suppose that's the continuity plan coming into action. As soon as Alan gave the indication that he wanted to speak to another club, I should think Leeann and the board had a ready made shortlist to refer to ASAP.

Indeed.

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 08:33 PM
We only have 6 weeks until our next game so it has to be the quicker the better. We do, however, need to ensure its the right appointment which is why I think they will have had a contingency plan in place

Waxy
01-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Perhaps internally it's been known for some time Stubbs was leaving. This would be a decent thing for Stubbs to do. If not at least he's gone as early as he could. Its all been done quite well. Still dont get Rotherham though, that's a right baffler.

Golden Bear
01-06-2016, 08:56 PM
With Stubbs departure from Hibs not being announced till late afternoon yesterday, I'm puzzled to read that two prospective candidates were interviewed today. Is this exciting news that we are not standing still feeling sorry for ourselves or are the rumours BS .

I suspect BS will be a lot closer to the truth.Personally I find it very difficult to believe that candidates were interviewed today when the final negotiations with Rotherham had still to be concluded.

AZhibee
01-06-2016, 09:01 PM
They would be incompetent if they didn't know this was likely. Don't understand why anyone is perplexed by Rotherham though, makes perfect sense to me and I would be shocked if an even better offer had surfaced.

Jim44
01-06-2016, 09:03 PM
I suspect BS will be a lot closer to the truth.Personally I find it very difficult to believe that candidates were interviewed today when the final negotiations with Rotherham had still to be concluded.

I think I'm inclined to agree but let's hope that they get their ***** into gear asap. The last thing we need is a long drawn out selection process with the new manager rushed into chuckng a team together for pre-season and European games.

silverhibee
01-06-2016, 09:10 PM

Hibs new before the final that Stubbs would be leaving, so only right that they look for a candidate for the new Hibs coach to be sourced.

CraigHibee
01-06-2016, 09:33 PM
no point hanging around, get a new guy in as quick as possible, assess the team, get in who we need to get in (playing wise) and hit the ground running at the start of the season

Brightside
01-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Interview is maybe a strong word but a few people have already been spoken to - I will be very surprised if we don't announce something by end of Friday.

Vault Boy
01-06-2016, 11:05 PM
Interview is maybe a strong word but a few people have already been spoken to - I will be very surprised if we don't announce something by end of Friday.

That would be an impressive turnaround indeed.

s.a.m
02-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Hibs new before the final that Stubbs would be leaving, so only right that they look for a candidate for the new Hibs coach to be sourced.

Did the players know he was going to be away?

SeanWilson
02-06-2016, 07:05 AM

You'd be naive to think he wasn't away. It was obvious when their chairman started banging the media drum and hibs said nothing.... Clearly we spent the weekend trying to convince him but his mind was already away.

The new board seems to be top notch, i think they'll have sounded folk out and have a preferred list to go to.

s.a.m
02-06-2016, 07:12 AM
You'd be naive to think he wasn't away. It was obvious when their chairman started banging the media drum and hibs said nothing.... Clearly we spent the weekend trying to convince him but his mind was already away.

The new board seems to be top notch, i think they'll have sounded folk out and have a preferred list to go to.

I meant before the final.

Greenworld
02-06-2016, 07:22 AM
I think this will be the quickest appointment in a long time...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
02-06-2016, 07:27 AM
I meant before the final.

My response wasn't to yours :aok:

s.a.m
02-06-2016, 08:16 AM
My response wasn't to yours :aok:

:aok: Got my glasses on now! :greengrin

Colr
02-06-2016, 08:50 AM

If he had lost the final he may well have been bumped anyway.

silverhibee
02-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Did the players know he was going to be away?

No.

silverhibee
02-06-2016, 10:16 AM
If he had lost the final he may well have been bumped anyway.

Win or lose it, he had made his mind up he was leaving after the final.