PDA

View Full Version : Lennon ready to talk....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Marco G
08-06-2016, 07:15 AM
If they love Hibs it shouldn't take Neil Lennon's appointment to persuade them to buy a season ticket.Correct. But it could help to persuade a a lot of ditherers!

jacomo
08-06-2016, 07:15 AM
It's hard to see how we could have made a better appointment. Every appointment is a risk but Lennon has the credentials to win.

As for the supposed short list - MacKay has produced a manual on how to run a football club - he might get a chance to implement that elsewhere but we already have a structure in place, so I don't think he would fit the remit.

McLeish never seemed interested in a return.

Here's to an exciting season ahead.

Nutmegged
08-06-2016, 07:16 AM
Why :confused:

Why do you think? Its the same reason Celtic are looking at shifting about 10k more STs this year to, an ambitious appointment is a statement of intent and that more often than not grabs fans attention

Greenworld
08-06-2016, 07:16 AM
I doubt this will ever be confirmed until the next AGM but rumour is Sir Tom Farmer has injected a cash amount into the club as a "Scottish Cup win Bonus" the amount is unclear but is obviously enough to pay lennon the highest management wage in the clubs history AND secure a reported THREE transfer targets Lennon wants.....👍

Posted on Facebook on Andy G page wonder if it's true ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

J-C
08-06-2016, 07:17 AM
If they love Hibs it shouldn't take Neil Lennon's appointment to persuade them to buy a season ticket.

Why do 99% of fans rate Hanlon and you don't?

These will be punters who haven't had a season ticket for a while, with the cup win and a signing like Lennon, they can now see the direction in which the club is now moving. It's the missing 2-3K that we're trying to tempt back, do you love Hibs more because you already have a season ticket, if you think that it's a strange attitude to have.

adhibs
08-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Why :confused:

Why not? Would it be better if they never botherd?

Nutmegged
08-06-2016, 07:19 AM
If they love Hibs it shouldn't take Neil Lennon's appointment to persuade them to buy a season ticket.

That's such a distorted view, it's about ambition, surely you get that? This happens the world over, a football club shows ambition and fans will react to it.

J-C
08-06-2016, 07:20 AM
Poor Gail may top himself over the next couple of days.

Himself, erm the name Gail makes me think it's a female :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
08-06-2016, 07:22 AM
Out of interest who was your first choice?

Stuart McCall 100%. I just don't think Lennon will be a good fit for our club, Obviously hope I'm wrong and he is a huge success but I doubt it.

Brightside
08-06-2016, 07:23 AM
Himself, erm the name Gail makes me think it's a female :greengrin

I wouldn't put money on that. Welcome to the online world.

J-C
08-06-2016, 07:27 AM
I wouldn't put money on that. Welcome to the online world.

I see what you're saying :aok:

Babyshamble
08-06-2016, 07:27 AM
Deal agreed according to radio Scotland just now.one year rolling contract.

Thecat23
08-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Deal agreed according to radio Scotland just now.one year rolling contract.

Lennon agreed it last week. It was Parker he was waiting on and once that was cleared it was all go.

Henderson will be back as well.

Nutmegged
08-06-2016, 07:30 AM
@AgentScotland has been on the ball with this one on Twitter from before the Sun 'broke' the news, even the length of contract (rolling) and now he's saying Lennon told Hibs he wants Kris Commons, this gets better and better

Super_JMcGinn
08-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Why do 99% of fans rate Hanlon and you don't?

These will be punters who haven't had a season ticket for a while, with the cup win and a signing like Lennon, they can now see the direction in which the club is now moving. It's the missing 2-3K that we're trying to tempt back, do you love Hibs more because you already have a season ticket, if you think that it's a strange attitude to have.

Let me assure you nowhere near 99% of Hibs fans rate Paul Hanlon.There are a few vociferous backers on here for sure, of which a few I bet haven't been near ER in years if ever.

Waxy
08-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Lennon agreed it last week. It was Parker he was waiting on and once that was cleared it was all go.

This is great. What a great morning.

easty
08-06-2016, 07:32 AM
There are a few vociferous backers on here for sure, of which a few I bet haven't been near ER in years if ever.

😂

Aye they all just rate him to piss you off.

TamHibs
08-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Let me assure you nowhere near 99% of Hibs fans rate Paul Hanlon.There are a few vociferous backers on here for sure, of which a few I bet haven't been near ER in years if ever.

He was our best defender last season......

Nutmegged
08-06-2016, 07:36 AM

Surely it's impossible to say that just now about Henderson as we have no way of knowing whether Brendan Rodgers thinks he is a player or not, I doubt we'll get any clear understanding of who Celtic do and don't want for the forth coming Season until they do their Pre-Season.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Henderson, even if Celtic do send him out on loan again I'd imagine they'd be wanting him to move onto a so called higher standard League, for what it's worth I think he'll be a Celtic player next Season

easty
08-06-2016, 07:37 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36477421

Hibs90
08-06-2016, 07:37 AM

I really rate Hanlon, and have been at ER. What does that make me? Just give it up, he is an excellent player.

Numptie
08-06-2016, 07:38 AM
On BBC, Lennon will sign up tomorrow

Steve20

He's rated by the majority because he's a good defender, who improves every year.

Ronniekirk
Stuart McCall 100%. I just don't think Lennon will be a good fit for our club, Obviously hope I'm wrong and he is a huge success but I doubt it.

Time will tell,but L D knows what McCall can do and clearly hasn't made him the Boards preferred first choice
Given the Transformation that has taken place at the Club since she arrived , she has not done a lot wrong
I trust she sees Lennon as the Manager to get us promoted and she clearly hasn't just opted for the cheap option so she gets my backing ,as does the New Manager and both will now be judged this season on whether we come up
You seem to have a closed mind as to whether he can be successful before he is even in the door ,and before he has made signings .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super_JMcGinn
08-06-2016, 07:39 AM
He was our best defender last season......

Gray Stevenson and McCormack were all far better imo, but what do I know.

Hibernian Verse
08-06-2016, 07:41 AM

Not a lot by the looks of things :greengrin:na na:

Waxy
On BBC, Lennon will sign up tomorrow
Today ya numptie

Ronniekirk

McCormack ? Geeze oh

Skåne Hibs
08-06-2016, 07:42 AM
I hope we've got in the contract that he must wear a black or navy Paul Smith suit on match day. I'm not a big fan of the 'Fenlon' joggers, rolled down socks and football boots look that Lennon normally likes to rock.

I think this may have caused the delay in Lennon signing any contract. I'm pretty sure Leeann will have insisted on a "nae shan gear in the dugout" clause. While Lennon prob wanted a waiver for tracky b's and boots.

Vault Boy
What a great time to be a Hibee.

Brightside

hahahahahah you need to stop now. Im going to rupture something.

stantonhibby

McCormack?

Greenworld
Not a lot ....McCormack

pacoluna
08-06-2016, 07:43 AM
McCormack? he last played for hibs in 2010 :greengrin The Great McG you mean:not worth

Hibs90
08-06-2016, 07:44 AM

Ah okay, someone is bitter.

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-06-2016, 07:44 AM

Indeed...what do you know?

Your stance is now more arrogant re Hanlon. You're entitled to your opinion but so are others.

Thecat23
08-06-2016, 07:48 AM
Surely it's impossible to say that just now about Henderson as we have no way of knowing whether Brendan Rodgers thinks he is a player or not, I doubt we'll get any clear understanding of who Celtic do and don't want for the forth coming Season until they do their Pre-Season.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Henderson, even if Celtic do send him out on loan again I'd imagine they'd be wanting him to move onto a so called higher standard League, for what it's worth I think he'll be a Celtic player next Season

We'll just have to see then!

Nutmegged
08-06-2016, 07:50 AM
We'll just have to see then!

Lets hope you're right :greengrin

Lennon is a game changer in terms of who we can attract though.

Thecat23
08-06-2016, 07:50 AM

First you think McCall would be better than Lennon, now you think Hanlon is our worst defender?

Behave eh, clearly after a reaction. McCall is pish!

TamHibs
08-06-2016, 07:54 AM

Gray - Lets not let the fact he scored the winning goal in the cup final cover up the fact for the majority of the season he was poor

Stevenson - Gives 110% but a better defender than Hanlon? Behave.

McCormack - Last I saw of him was when he was sent off for head butting Palazuelos

all imo of course.

--------
08-06-2016, 07:58 AM
I hope we've got in the contract that he must wear a black or navy Paul Smith suit on match day. I'm not a big fan of the 'Fenlon' joggers, rolled down socks and football boots look that Lennon normally likes to rock.

If it guarantees promotion he can wear a salmon-pink tutu for all I care, Beefster.

This is an very encouraging move by LD and the board. Made in good time, too.

Mathias Jack
08-06-2016, 07:59 AM

Stuart McCall, aye, because he'd put bums on seats right enough. I don't know whether to laugh at your comments or if you're at the wind up.

Onion
08-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Gray - Lets not let the fact he scored the winning goal in the cup final cover up the fact for the majority of the season he was poor

Stevenson - Gives 110% but a better defender than Hanlon? Behave.

McCormack - Last I saw of him was when he was sent off for head butting Palazuelos

all imo of course.

Sir David of Gray and Lord Lewis of Stevenson can do no wrong, irrespective of any previous poor performances or transgressions. As long as the manager picks them to wear the green & white of Hibs, I will support them fully. They are now both above criticism.

Juice-Terry
08-06-2016, 08:00 AM

Sad, but true. (Although it's not something one wants to say too often, or indeed aloud, these days after having won the SC.)

Rasta_Hibs
08-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Sad, but true. (Although it's not something one wants to say too often, or indeed aloud, these days after having won the SC.)

I agree it's almost blasphemy to speak about David Gray in negative terms! He is a Hibernian god for that goal alone!

Welcome Lenny! Over the moon with this appointment.

Mathias Jack
08-06-2016, 08:06 AM
For any 'visitors' from the PBS creeping around on this thread this morning or today, I've got a message for you....

Get it right roond ye!!!!! Away and seeeeeethe!!! 💚

Vault Boy
08-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Not sure if this has been posted before, but interesting interview with Neil (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyu5XeRr00U)from April.

Waxy
08-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Wrong thread for the Hanlon talk. Someone no happy this morning for some reason?

Waxy
08-06-2016, 08:11 AM
Jambos are spewin ps where's the Scottish cup?

Rasta_Hibs
08-06-2016, 08:12 AM
Sir David of Gray and Lord Lewis of Stevenson can do no wrong, irrespective of any previous poor performances or transgressions. As long as the manager picks them to wear the green & white of Hibs, I will support them fully. They are now both above criticism.

Correct 100%

Hibbyradge
08-06-2016, 08:12 AM

What if they only quite like Hibs?

CapitalGreen
08-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Neil Lennon agrees and Gail outs himself.

What a time to be alive!

Hibbyradge
08-06-2016, 08:18 AM
I doubt this will ever be confirmed until the next AGM but rumour is Sir Tom Farmer has injected a cash amount into the club as a "Scottish Cup win Bonus" the amount is unclear but is obviously enough to pay lennon the highest management wage in the clubs history AND secure a reported THREE transfer targets Lennon wants.....

Posted on Facebook on Andy G page wonder if it's true ?

:wink:

Smartie
08-06-2016, 08:18 AM
David Gray was magnificent in his first season, over the piece not quite so good in his second.

I thought he was tired, he played a lot of matches and put in a power of work in the ones he played.

What he did do was put in some really notable performances in big games towards the end of the season - excellent in the home playoff ties.

He did more than anyone at BOTH ends of the park to drive us on to our monumental victory when tbh his tank must have been about empty.

I'm sure he'll be one of the players Lennon will be most looking forward to working with. Nobody can ever again doubt our captain's drive, ability or willingness to knuckle down when the going is tough and we need him most.

Super_JMcGinn
08-06-2016, 08:20 AM
McCormack?

I was emailing a friend of mine Darren McCormack at the time, I;m sure you know I meant McGREGOR:greengrin

s.a.m
08-06-2016, 08:27 AM
David Gray was magnificent in his first season, over the piece not quite so good in his second.

I thought he was tired, he played a lot of matches and put in a power of work in the ones he played.

What he did do was put in some really notable performances in big games towards the end of the season - excellent in the home playoff ties.

He did more than anyone at BOTH ends of the park to drive us on to our monumental victory when tbh his tank must have been about empty.

I'm sure he'll be one of the players Lennon will be most looking forward to working with. Nobody can ever again doubt our captain's drive, ability or willingness to knuckle down when the going is tough and we need him most.

That's how I see it.

Greenworld
08-06-2016, 08:29 AM
No its full on or nothing [emoji102]

SlickShoes
08-06-2016, 08:36 AM

Gray didn't have a terrible season, he never had a great one over all performance wise either, but I think the tactics of Alan Stubbs had a lot to do with this. I'm surprised him and Lewis had any energy left to give such solid performances in the cup final, they were both used to breaking point and in Lewis case he had 0 cover at all.

burtis97
08-06-2016, 08:41 AM
http://celtsarehere.com/lennon-wants-celtic-player-for-easter-road-revolution/

What a signing that would be

Scorrie
08-06-2016, 08:44 AM

Wow. If that's our aspiration now with Lennon it's pretty good!

SeanWilson
08-06-2016, 08:46 AM

sure hes still got a year at Celtic? If Rodgers isn't keen, a loan deal? Sure Lennon will have sounded out a few players about coming on baord before signing. I'm excited about this :greengrin

Vault Boy
08-06-2016, 08:47 AM
sure hes still got a year at Celtic? If Rodgers isn't keen, a loan deal? Sure Lennon will have sounded out a few players about coming on baord before signing. I'm excited about this :greengrin

The hype is real. :hyper

J-C
08-06-2016, 08:50 AM

We've lacked a player of this calibre to unlock defences, Commons is that player, to get him would be awesome and such a statement from Hibs.

jacomo
08-06-2016, 08:50 AM

Please go away on holiday or something.

This is an exciting day and your boring Hanlon chat is out of place.

burtis97
08-06-2016, 08:51 AM
I see THE SUN reported swell Stubbs was after Commons at Rotherham aswell..... Interesting

BroxburnHibee
08-06-2016, 08:52 AM
I think Lennon is a good choice but let's no get too over the top here.

Seem to remember it being the same with Butchers appointment and we all know how that worked out.

jacomo
08-06-2016, 08:52 AM
We've lacked a player of this calibre to unlock defences, Commons is that player, to get him would be awesome and such a statement from Hibs.

European experience ken?

:hyper

Hibbyradge
08-06-2016, 08:53 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kEpTPH7cxQg/TN7JYPomlRI/AAAAAAAAAZk/rktGR8v09zA/s1600/pinch_of_salt-reduced%255B1%255D.jpg

SeanWilson
08-06-2016, 08:53 AM

just imagine him in behind Cummings and Stokes :wink: next year

with McGinn and Henderson:wink: in behind them :greengrin

J-C
08-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Please go away on holiday or something.

This is an exciting day and your boring Hanlon chat is out of place.

I'll put my hand up to starting the Hanlon chat, she/he was having a sly dig at Lennon and wanted McCall instead, when she/he starts posting negative stuff it's generally about Hanlon and I couldn't help myself having a wee dig at her/him.

J-C
08-06-2016, 08:55 AM
just imagine him in behind Cummings and Stokes :wink: next year

with McGinn and Henderson:wink: in behind them :greengrin

Stokes will not be back mate and I don't want him if we're playing that bloody diamond again, either flat 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, anything but the narrow diamond.

jacomo
08-06-2016, 08:55 AM

Seem to remember it being the same with Butchers appointment and we all know how that worked out.

True.

Or it might be like Derek McInnes - chastening experience in England, but knows the Scottish game.

Let's be positive!

SeanWilson
08-06-2016, 08:56 AM

Don't remember Butchers Coventry City, Sunderland, Motherwell, Sydney FC, Partick Thistle, Brentford or Inverness Caledonian Thistle teams ever having beat Barcelona in a champions league match :greengrin

SeanWilson
08-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Stokes will not be back mate.

:greengrin ach well.. can but dream mate. My kids wont stop singing about him... something about him being on fire:confused::confused:

:greengrin

JeMeSouviens
08-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Commons is exactly what we need - goals from midfield at crucial times.

Surely no chance though?

SeanWilson
08-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Commons is exactly what we need - goals from midfield at crucial times.

Surely no chance though?

if celtic are paying his wages, why not? He'd skoosh this league and start every week. For a player looking to get himself playing in shop window, with a high profile maager.... anything can happen.

itslegaltender
08-06-2016, 09:11 AM
:greengrin ach well.. can but dream mate. My kids wont stop singing about him... something about him being on fire:confused::confused:

They can sing about him forever.

:singing: Stokesy's on fire, the Huns defence were terrified :singing:

Andy74
08-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Or we could just drop it.

Lennon will not be the Hibs manager.

Think he will. What makes folk post stuff like this which seems to be more than just opinion?

Zazu62
08-06-2016, 09:30 AM
What system did Lennon play at Celtic ?

ancient hibee
08-06-2016, 09:33 AM
What system did Lennon play at Celtic ?

The win every match or else system.

GreenCastle
08-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Few things to think about..

Bringing in one assistant rather than 2 maybe meant we could give them both more money.

I hope he has players identified and can make the necessary changes to this squad with more width and pace.

How will his 3 game Euro pundit job be affected.

Formation - interested to see what he will have us playing.

Youth players - Stubbs rarely gave youth a chance - will Lennon.

--------
08-06-2016, 09:38 AM

No its full on or nothing

Let's start a Glorious Loyalty Oath Crusade!

Please-please-please-please-please-PLEEEAAASSSSE!

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

--------
08-06-2016, 09:39 AM
The win every match or else system.

That's a good system. :agree:

lyonhibs
08-06-2016, 10:26 AM
I was emailing a friend of mine Darren McCormack at the time, I;m sure you know I meant McGREGOR:greengrin

But of course you were.

I look forward to Hanlon re-signing on a long term contract and then playing a key role in getting us promoted under Neil Lennon, don't you?

JeMeSouviens
08-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Freshly tweeted:

‏@Kenny_Millar
Don't be surprised to see positive news on Paul Hanlon's contract follow Neil Lennon's appointment. One less position for him to worry about

Vault Boy
08-06-2016, 10:39 AM

Haymaker
08-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Surely it's impossible to say that just now about Henderson as we have no way of knowing whether Brendan Rodgers thinks he is a player or not

It's not about whether Brendan thinks he is a player, I doubt Hendo will want to play left wing back! :greengrin

SeanWilson
08-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Kenny Millar (@Kenny_Millar)
46 mins ago - View on Twitter
Don't be surprised to see positive news on Paul Hanlon's contract follow Neil Lennon's appointment. One less position for him to worry about

:aok:

Borderhibbie76
08-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Another day's wait - surely not??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
08-06-2016, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;4723735]Another day's wait - surely not??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTI

Is that the Millar tweet? If not, for the benefit those of us without the Hubble telescope at our disposal, what does it say?

Vault Boy
08-06-2016, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;4723735]Another day's wait - surely not??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTI

Is that the Millar tweet? If not, for the benefit those of us without the Hubble telescope at our disposal, what does it say?

You should be able to press to enlarge the picture. Anyway it just says that there's a few small things to hash out and to expect an announcement tomorrow.

Ronniekirk
08-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Another day's wait - surely not??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

All good things come to those who wait
Am away for another pint of Guinness

Beefster
08-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Given that he's had assurances on the playing budget, I expect bids for Stokes, Henderson and Messi by the end of the day. A cheeky bid for Halliday just to noise up the Orcs wouldn't go amiss either.

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2016, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=lyonhibs;4723738]

You should be able to press to enlarge the picture. Anyway it just says that there's a few small things to hash out and to expect an announcement tomorrow.

It says "press conference" tomorrow :wink:

Stubbs was announced by rotherham days before his presser. Same with Rodgers at Celtic.

One Day Soon
08-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Given that he's had assurances on the playing budget, I expect bids for Stokes, Henderson and Messi by the end of the day. A cheeky bid for Halliday just to noise up the Orcs wouldn't go amiss either.

lyonhibs
08-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Luke Shanley at ER but not got volume. What's he saying?

Footage of Lennon made it look pretty official

SouthMoroccoStu
08-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Luke Shanley at ER but not got volume. What's he saying?

Footage of Lennon made it look pretty official

:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

Sean1875
08-06-2016, 12:05 PM
very very excited by this signing, massive statement of intent! taking the Commons news with a pinch of salt though, can't see it personally.. going to be an extremely exciting summer, can't wait for next season now!