PDA

View Full Version : Chair of independent commission appointed

MurrayfieldHibs
01-06-2016, 01:33 PM
http://http://scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=16344

SJM
01-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Link doesn't work mate.

givescotlandfreedom
01-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Link doesn't work mate.

Not for me either. Maybe a Mr C Thomson at a guess?

Off the bar
Chair of independent commission appointedWednesday, 01 June 2016
The Scottish FA has appointed Sheriff Principal Edward F Bowen CBE QC to chair the independent commission into the events after the William Hill Scottish Cup final.

The announcement was made to the members of the Scottish FA at its Annual General Meeting this morning. The Sheriff Principal will establish the commission immediately with the remit to provide a report into the security and risk management procedures deployed in regard to the pitch incursions at full-time.

In particular, the commission will consider whether:

• All reasonably practicable steps were taken to minimise the possibility of the pitch invasion and related events

• There was adequate liaison regarding security measures among the relevant groups prior, during, at the end of the match and thereafter

• The stadium configuration, segregation, seat sales and seating arrangements contributed to the pitch invasion

• The response – including reaction times - of the relevant stakeholders (Scottish FA, Police Scotland, G4S and the clubs) in identifying, dealing with and resolving the pitch invasion and all related consequences were satisfactory

• There are measures that can be taken to improve the safety of players, officials and others proximate to the pitch at any stadium where association football matches are concerned under the auspices of the Scottish FA

The Scottish FA has requested that the commission’s report – which will be published in full - will be presented to the Board by 31st July 2016.

The Compliance Officer has also initiated an investigation into the cup final, from a football regulatory perspective via the Judicial Panel Protocol.

The Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Michael Matheson, spoke to the membership to reaffirm the Scottish Government’s view that the events following the cup final were unacceptable - urging football to be proactive in ensuring no repeat of the disorder, potentially via tighter regulatory controls.

All seven Resolutions placed before the members were also passed at the General Meeting held in the Chambers’ Banqueting Hall, with two significant changes approved.
Resolution 6 obliges members to declare to the Scottish FA the identity of the club’s ultimate beneficial owner and to permit the governing body to publish the details disclosed under an amendment to Article 11.1.

This was a response to work with Scottish Government, the SPFL and Supporters Direct Scotland on the Working Group on Supporter Involvement in Football and the resolution provides enhanced transparency around the ultimate beneficial owners of clubs.

Resolution 2 sought to tighten the existing regulations on Unacceptable Conduct, placing greater emphasis on the responsibility of clubs in managing the behaviour of supporters, before, during and, most importantly, after the game.

Alan McRae, Scottish FA President: “I would like to thank the members for voting through the seven resolutions put before them, which enables the Scottish FA to improve its procedures in a number of areas, reflecting modern corporate governance practices.

“I am delighted we have also appointed Sheriff Principal Bowen CBE QC and we look forward to seeing his report into the cup final in early course.

“Finally, I would like to thank the Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Michael Matheson, for taking time to address our members in light of the events at the end of the cup final. The Scottish FA has an excellent working relationship with the government and we will continue our collective efforts to implement robust procedures to ensure no repeat of the unacceptable conduct at what should have been the showpiece occasion of the Scottish season.”

Geo_1875
http://scottishfa.co.uk/scott...3&newsID=16344

MurrayfieldHibs
01-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Bugger, trying to do this on the iPad and never posted a link before!

MurrayfieldHibs
01-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks to the technically literate .netters!!!

Onceinawhile
01-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Should have been Petrie or lawell to ensure a lack of bias imo.

givescotlandfreedom
01-06-2016, 01:41 PM
I don't see anything in the remit that Hibs can be found guilty of. Not sure where the compliance officer comes into it though.

JimBHibees
01-06-2016, 01:43 PM
I don't see anything in the remit that Hibs can be found guilty of. Not sure where the compliance officer comes into it though.

What about this?

Resolution 2 sought to tighten the existing regulations on Unacceptable Conduct, placing greater emphasis on the responsibility of clubs in managing the behaviour of supporters, before, during and, most importantly, after the game.

Siralbertkidd
Surprise, the remit is only to look at pitch incursion , not flares or sectarian singing.

c31
Response from the west coast fans:::--

It's quite simple.
Two questions
What team does this guy support?
And what religion is he?

sums them up...

SlickShoes
01-06-2016, 01:44 PM
Everything mentioned there seems to be matchday security related, the one thing that neither hibs or rangers are responsible for.

Sure it will find that there was a severe lack or stewards and police near and at the end and that the pitch was then cleared quickly and efficiently.

MurrayfieldHibs
01-06-2016, 01:44 PM
That is a separate resolution that was part of the "normal" AGM business, not part of the independent review.

GloryGlory
01-06-2016, 01:45 PM
What about this?

How would that work at a neutral venue like Hampden? Would Hibs have to take our own stewards as well as the stewards employed by the SFA?

Moulin Yarns
01-06-2016, 01:46 PM
http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1085319-Chair-of-independent-commission-appointed-(223-Viewing)

'The' don't like it

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Surprise, the remit is only to look at pitch incursion , not flares or sectarian singing.

There is this bit, though:-

The Compliance Officer has also initiated an investigation into the cup final, from a football regulatory perspective via the Judicial Panel Protocol.

stantonhibby
01-06-2016, 01:47 PM
What about this?

Thats the bit that jumped out at me.......why " most importantly, after the game ". Would have thought misbehaviour during a game is the priority.

MurrayfieldHibs
01-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Agreed, I think that is where the flares will be discussed as that is part of the "normal" match report. The pitch invasion is being investigated separately.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know which lodge he is in?

SlickShoes
01-06-2016, 01:50 PM
http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1085319-Chair-of-independent-commission-appointed-(223-Viewing)

'The' don't like it

They seem really angry still, which is hilarious, I'll try to remember to send them a postcard from Europe.

s.a.m
01-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Thats the bit that jumped out at me.......why " most importantly, after the game ". Would have thought misbehaviour during a game is the priority.

Yeah. Seems a bit of a strange emphasis. Realise that this is for the future, rather than the cup final, but the wording seems odd. As far as the Cup Final goes, it's hard to see what Hibs or Rangers could have done to prevent post-match bother, because we weren't in charge.

greenginger
01-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Mr Bowen, Mevlille College , Edinburgh University.

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/35/560/Sheriff-Principal-Edward-F-Bowen-QC

Lives in Angus, should be fairly safe from Hun pressure up there.

Geo_1875
01-06-2016, 01:55 PM

I don't know about that. There's a lot of goat botherers in that area.

Eaststandee
01-06-2016, 02:03 PM
A few scraps at a Scottish cup final = played up by the SFA, media, fans and government.

A few scraps at English play off game = played down and only one video on social media.

Both were on TV, both were big games. And people wonder why the Scottish game is ****ed.

It's like the people in charge enjoy watching it getting dragged through the dirt.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
01-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Interestingly, I see that Michael Matheson, the Scottish Government's Justice Secretary addressed the SFA AGM and basically told them that if they don't introduce strict liability the Government will do it for them through legislation.

How fantastic would it be if strict liability is brought in thanks to the ****storm the Huns have created and ends up punishing the Huns over and over again. :wink:

Their rage will be legendary. :greengrin

the Scottish Government - with a mandate to reflect the views of the people of Scotland, and concerns of wider civic society - will act if we don't think football is doing enough.

"We need a transparent and robust scheme to prevent unacceptable conduct and deal with it effectively if it does occur, and encourage clubs to take all action possible to address unacceptable conduct.

"That may be strict liability or a form of strict liability or it may be something else, but the bottom line is we want to see football taking the opportunity to finally address this long-standing issue.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1356032-justice-secretary-calls-on-sfa-to-introduce-strict-liability-rules/

JimBHibees
01-06-2016, 02:15 PM
How would that work at a neutral venue like Hampden? Would Hibs have to take our own stewards as well as the stewards employed by the SFA?

Not sure how practically it would work but might mean a stiffer punishment than the rules as they were previously, how valid that would be in terms of this inquiry as surely we can only be punished by the rules as they were on the date of the match.

givescotlandfreedom
01-06-2016, 02:15 PM
What about this?

I took that to mean changes for the future but didn't read it as something we could be done for from the recent final.

barcahibs
01-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Interestingly, I see that Michael Matheson, the Scottish Government's Justice Secretary addressed the SFA AGM and basically told them that if they don't introduce strict liability the Government will do it for them through legislation.

How fantastic would it be if strict liability is brought in thanks to the ****storm the Huns have created and ends up punishing the Huns over and over again. :wink:

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1356032-justice-secretary-calls-on-sfa-to-introduce-strict-liability-rules/

Strict liability is a bad idea - apart from anything else the aftermath of the cup final should warn us of that. I guarantee that if it's brought in then the first time it's used it won't be against the huns or celtc.

The media and the authorities will be desperate to spread blame and punishment around to make sure football 'disorder' is seen as a societal problem and not an old firm problem.

It'll end up with someone like us or Killie getting hammered for something totally innocuous.

And apart from anything else what have the internal rules of a football body got to do with the Justice Secretary?

lucky
01-06-2016, 02:25 PM
The review should take about 10 minutes. We all saw what happened.
Not enough stewards, mostly young kids not trained to deal with a surge of people
Not enough police in the ground
Idiots in both Hibs & Rangers support wanting to fight
The police decision to open the gates to let more fans on the pitch
Failure of stewards/police to protect players and goal posts
Police very slow to remove fans from pitch
Outcome put better fencing round Hampden, like Wembley
Stop employing young kids as stewards
Bring in strict liability for football clubs

hibbytam
01-06-2016, 02:27 PM

Wouldn't UEFA/FIFA have issues with this? They don't look kindly on national governments interfering in football matters.

snooky
01-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Response from the west coast fans:::--

It's quite simple.
Two questions
What team does this guy support?
And what religion is he?

sums them up...

Just for the record, I'd like to know that answer to the first question too.
Could be significant, IMO.

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Wouldn't UEFA/FIFA have issues with this? They don't look kindly on national governments interfering in football matters.

UEFA apply strict liability themselves, so I'm not sure it would be a problem for them.

duffers
01-06-2016, 03:30 PM

'The' don't like it

My favourite post.

"Be interested to see the results of the response section. If the DR/Police are to be believed, a squad of Bears should be getting done for obstruction of justice. If it's one thing you know about police, they don't allow people to get in the way of them doing their jobs. Can't believe we don't have a long list of CC TV showing kids being pushed in the police's way."

They just don't get irony.

hughio
01-06-2016, 03:35 PM
:agree::agree:
Everything mentioned there seems to be matchday security related, the one thing that neither hibs or rangers are responsible for.

Sure it will find that there was a severe lack or stewards and police near and at the end and that the pitch was then cleared quickly and efficiently.

:agree::top marks

RoYO!
01-06-2016, 03:40 PM
They seem really angry still, which is hilarious, I'll try to remember to send them a postcard from Europe.

We should all send postcards from wherever we go on summer hols. Swamp them with sunshine postcards.

That'd be freeking awesome :p

leggeto
01-06-2016, 03:49 PM

'The' don't like it

They're not bitter at all :)

Carheenlea
01-06-2016, 04:18 PM
My predictions :greengrin

1 - Police Scotland will be criticised heavily and measures to be put in place to avoid a repeat of the pitch invasion in future.
2 - Stewarding company likewise.
3 - Hibs - small fine suspended for 12 months on non repeat of pitch invasions, trouble etc.
4 - Rangers - small find suspended for 12 months on non repeat of pitch invasions, trouble and sectarian chanting.
5 - Hampden Park Ltd - As hosts, criticism of handling of security and measures put in place to learn from it all in future.

With strict liability now back on agenda for future implication, it is Johhny Hun who will ultimately come out worst with all this after all thrir bleating.

Onion
01-06-2016, 04:28 PM

Exactly ! When is "after the game" ? 5mins, 30 mins, 2 hours... only in the stadium ? Crock of ****. Clubs will have to take their own police forces with them. Ridiculous reaction.

Bottom line... SFA and Hampden police messed up big time and looking to deflect.

Onion
01-06-2016, 04:36 PM
My predictions :greengrin

1 - Police Scotland will be criticised heavily and measures to be put in place to avoid a repeat of the pitch invasion in future.
2 - Stewarding company likewise.
3 - Hibs - small fine suspended for 12 months on non repeat of pitch invasions, trouble etc.
4 - Rangers - small find suspended for 12 months on non repeat of pitch invasions, trouble and sectarian chanting.
5 - Hampden Park Ltd - As hosts, criticism of handling of security and measures put in place to learn from it all in future.

With strict liability now back on agenda for future implication, it is Johhny Hun who will ultimately come out worst with all this after all thrir bleating.

:agree: And interesting to understand "what the police were doing at the end of the match and why they deserted the ground when there was an obvious risk that Hibs fans would invade the pitch if they won the game ?" Cannot think of ANY explanation that will not show the police as idiots.

JeMeSouviens
01-06-2016, 05:10 PM
:agree: And interesting to understand "what the police were doing at the end of the match and why they deserted the ground when there was an obvious risk that Hibs fans would invade the pitch if they won the game ?" Cannot think of ANY explanation that will not show the police as idiots.

How about they feared a rabid Hun ambush mob waiting for Happy Hibbies leaving Hampdump?

gaz1875
01-06-2016, 05:35 PM
A few scraps at a Scottish cup final = played up by the SFA, media, fans and government.

A few scraps at English play off game = played down and only one video on social media.

Both were on TV, both were big games. And people wonder why the Scottish game is ****ed.

It's like the people in charge enjoy watching it getting dragged through the dirt.

Spot on, blown way out of proportion, aided and abetted by Stewart ReHun and The Rangers to deflect the fact we won the Scottish Cup.

Andy74
01-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Spot on, blown way out of proportion, aided and abetted by Stewart ReHun and The Rangers to deflect the fact we won the Scottish Cup.

Regan can clearly be seen running about with the Rangers officials after the game when the interviews were taking place. He has been influenced to ramp up the rhetoric on this right away. The guy has never been and is not fit for his role

andyf5
01-06-2016, 06:59 PM
The review should take about 10 minutes. We all saw what happened.
Not enough stewards, mostly young kids not trained to deal with a surge of people
Not enough police in the ground
Idiots in both Hibs & Rangers support wanting to fight
The police decision to open the gates to let more fans on the pitch
Failure of stewards/police to protect players and goal posts
Police very slow to remove fans from pitch
Outcome put better fencing round Hampden, like Wembley
Stop employing young kids as stewards
Bring in strict liability for football clubs

Mostly agree with that. Thought police response was ok as was a softly softly approach as opposed to charging with horses.

The police opening the gates made me think we were allowed on the pitch.

Should have been a ring of stewards and police after we scored third goal. Didn't happen.

Peevemor
01-06-2016, 07:25 PM
I took that to mean changes for the future but didn't read it as something we could be done for from the recent final.
Exactly. They can't retrospectively make Hibs legally responsible /liable.

gaz1875
01-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Regan can clearly be seen running about with the Rangers officials after the game when the interviews were taking place. He has been influenced to ramp up the rhetoric on this right away. The guy has never been and is not fit for his role

Worked him like the puppet he is...still, I really do wish everyone had stayed in the stands and none of this rubbish would be flying around!!

Spike Mandela
01-06-2016, 08:46 PM

........and a Freemason

http://12160.info/profiles/blogs/further-evidence-freemasons-involved-in-robert-green-case

danhibees1875
01-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Sevco fans are going to be absolutely fuming when they're told that flares, sectarian singing, coin throwing, attempts to abduct children, using corner flags as weapons, harassing the police and stopping them getting into the ground, kicking peoples heads when they're on the ground, lashing out at opposition players, invading the pitch and fighting opposition fans is worthy of more punishment than what hibs get for just the last 3 ( not that any sort of violence is anything to be remotely proud of just because we done less of it).

macca70
01-06-2016, 10:42 PM
........and a Freemason

http://12160.info/profiles/blogs/further-evidence-freemasons-involved-in-robert-green-case

And a Jambo!!!

Finn2015
01-06-2016, 10:45 PM

I certainly think that the media, whilst coming across as morally outraged, enjoy and salivate over things like this

macca70
01-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Just for the record, I'd like to know that answer to the first question too.
Could be significant, IMO.

Jambo season ticket holder, only in Scottish football could a Jambo season ticket holder chair an independent enquiry relating to a Hibs game.

Speedy
01-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Chair of independent commission appointedWednesday, 01 June 2016
The Scottish FA has appointed Sheriff Principal Edward F Bowen CBE QC to chair the independent commission into the events after the William Hill Scottish Cup final.

The announcement was made to the members of the Scottish FA at its Annual General Meeting this morning. The Sheriff Principal will establish the commission immediately with the remit to provide a report into the security and risk management procedures deployed in regard to the pitch incursions at full-time.

In particular, the commission will consider whether:

• All reasonably practicable steps were taken to minimise the possibility of the pitch invasion and related events
No

• There was adequate liaison regarding security measures among the relevant groups prior, during, at the end of the match and thereafter
No

• The stadium configuration, segregation, seat sales and seating arrangements contributed to the pitch invasion
No

• The response – including reaction times - of the relevant stakeholders (Scottish FA, Police Scotland, G4S and the clubs) in identifying, dealing with and resolving the pitch invasion and all related consequences were satisfactory
Yes

• There are measures that can be taken to improve the safety of players, officials and others proximate to the pitch at any stadium where association football matches are concerned under the auspices of the Scottish FA
Yes

The Scottish FA has requested that the commission’s report – which will be published in full - will be presented to the Board by 31st July 2016.

The Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Michael Matheson, spoke to the membership to reaffirm the Scottish Government’s view that the events following the cup final were unacceptable - urging football to be proactive in ensuring no repeat of the disorder, potentially via tighter regulatory controls.

All seven Resolutions placed before the members were also passed at the General Meeting held in the Chambers’ Banqueting Hall, with two significant changes approved.
Resolution 6 obliges members to declare to the Scottish FA the identity of the club’s ultimate beneficial owner and to permit the governing body to publish the details disclosed under an amendment to Article 11.1.

This was a response to work with Scottish Government, the SPFL and Supporters Direct Scotland on the Working Group on Supporter Involvement in Football and the resolution provides enhanced transparency around the ultimate beneficial owners of clubs.

Alan McRae, Scottish FA President: “I would like to thank the members for voting through the seven resolutions put before them, which enables the Scottish FA to improve its procedures in a number of areas, reflecting modern corporate governance practices.

“I am delighted we have also appointed Sheriff Principal Bowen CBE QC and we look forward to seeing his report into the cup final in early course.

“Finally, I would like to thank the Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Michael Matheson, for taking time to address our members in light of the events at the end of the cup final. The Scottish FA has an excellent working relationship with the government and we will continue our collective efforts to implement robust procedures to ensure no repeat of the unacceptable conduct at what should have been the showpiece occasion of the Scottish season.”

What do I win?

degenerated
02-06-2016, 06:45 AM
They're always angry. Rage in perpetuity is their thing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk