PDA

View Full Version : No club statement - strange

Hibbyradge
01-06-2016, 11:14 AM
I expected there to be a statement from Hibs by now confirming Stubbs' departure and thanking him for his services.

Has there been a hiccup?

CapitalGreen
01-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Why would Hibs release a statement before any deal for compensation is concluded?

Baldy Foghorn
I expected there to be a statement from Hibs by now confirming Stubbs' departure and thanking him for his services.

Has there been a hiccup?

Negotiating compensation.

CallumLaidlaw
I wouldnt have thought so> rotherham expected to parade Stubbs mid afternoon. Maybe just waiting til compo is agreed and all signed and sealed before announcing. Maybe we want to announce something of our own at the same time (doubtful tho)

Pretty Boy
01-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Is everything signed off between Rotherham and Stubbs?

I'd imagine Hibs will want to wait until everything is agreed before confirming anything. It will just be a formality of course.

h185forever
01-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Don't they normally agree compo before allowing discussions .....

Big L
01-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Could it be that the compo for Stubbs was agreed but maybe haggling over Doonan etc. Wouldn't want to haggle wi RP git's still got his first fair penny!

Scottie
01-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Negotiating compensation.
The reported £120k being reported is pretty woeful IMO for a manager that has just won the countries domestic showpiece final.

Sean1875
01-06-2016, 11:22 AM
The reported £120k being reported is pretty woeful IMO for a manager that has just won the countries domestic showpiece final.

it not normally down to length of contract rather than achievements it's based on though? I could be talking pish though mind you but was just always my understanding

mutley
01-06-2016, 11:22 AM
It's the Hibs way, nothing gets released until the i's are dotted and all t'a are crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
01-06-2016, 11:30 AM
What happens if they cant agree compo? Tribunal?

Bad Martini
01-06-2016, 11:30 AM
We done this right.

We made a statement outlining our position and our reluctance to actually accept the interest from Rotherham.

That's all we needed to do.

We're not delirious to lose our manager pre-season, start yet more upheaval or make public statements just to thank him for winning us the cup (along with the players who are still here I add).

Well done Stubbsy, you helped guide the team to the cup. For that, Im thankful. For leaving to a team Hibs didn't really want to talk to and leaving before promotion was gained, I'm not thankful.

I follow Hibs. There's no player ever been bigger than the club. If we count the Tornadoes and the Famous Five up there in that spirit, there's no danger a manager will ever be bigger than the club, Scottish Cup winning or not.

That's that for me.

And as he said, we carry on.....

GGTTH.

Bad Martini
01-06-2016, 11:32 AM
What happens if they cant agree compo? Tribunal?

A delay. It's a done thing. However, my money is on Petrie. For all his faults, he's tighter than a crab's arse. And he's never been shafted moneterarily in the past when it comes to getting us good deals and compensation. The money we stole from the huns for Thomson being a good example.

h185forever
01-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Don't they normally agree compo before allowing discussions .....

MWHIBBIES
01-06-2016, 11:38 AM
A delay. It's a done thing. However, my money is on Petrie. For all his faults, he's tighter than a crab's arse. And he's never been shafted moneterarily in the past when it comes to getting us good deals and compensation. The money we stole from the huns for Thomson being a good example.Thomson was an excellent player, well worth 2 million.

Hibs90
01-06-2016, 11:47 AM
I have a feeling that Stubbs originally signed the 1 year extension in the first place so that we could get compensation for him. He was always going the end of this season I think.

Ronniekirk
01-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Is everything signed off between Rotherham and Stubbs?

I'd imagine Hibs will want to wait until everything is agreed before confirming anything. It will just be a formality of course.

Am sure i saw something yesterday pm stating Stubbs and Rotherham had agreed personal terms The speed with which this has happened given cup win and celebrations etc suggests this must of been in the offing
So assume only thing holding it back now is clubs agreeing compensation

Bad Martini
01-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Thomson was an excellent player, well worth 2 million.

Aye OK then :aok:

...given the manner in which he departed and the team he was going to, Im surprised he got £2.

That said, it wasn't their money anyways :greengrin

*******s.

My money is still on Petrie to cut a good deal or the best that can be achieved which is his real only benefit to Hibernian FC. That, and winding up the huns to the point of their putting out irate and incomprehensible "statements" that gave 5.5m people a laugh and just proved what a shower of roasters they are.
NB everything else Petrie done however, is still bollocks and I change that stance for nobody :na na:

Geo_1875
01-06-2016, 11:53 AM
A delay. It's a done thing. However, my money is on Petrie. For all his faults, he's tighter than a crab's arse. And he's never been shafted moneterarily in the past when it comes to getting us good deals and compensation. The money we stole from the huns for Thomson being a good example.

WTF? Monumentally? Monetarily?

MWHIBBIES
01-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Aye OK then :aok:

...given the manner in which he departed and the team he was going to, Im surprised he got £2.

That said, it wasn't their money anyways :greengrin

*******s.

My money is still on Petrie to cut a good deal or the best that can be achieved which is his real only benefit to Hibernian FC. That, and winding up the huns to the point of their putting out irate and incomprehensible "statements" that gave 5.5m people a laugh and just proved what a shower of roasters they are.
NB everything else Petrie done however, is still bollocks and I change that stance for nobody :na na:Thomson was an excellent player, surely you aren't doubting that? If he hadn't had 4 leg breaks in his career he would have achieved brilliant things. He didn't leave in the best way but his ability was never in doubt.

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Maybe they are trying to tie up the backroom team as well now that the compo has been agreed with Stubbs.

Islington Hibs
01-06-2016, 12:14 PM
while the cash compensation is likely to be pretty straight forward- ie buying he contract out there are also sorts of other issues I would hope LD is negotiating. For example AS not trying to poach half our players, John McGinn included. There may be hopefully is a non compete clause.

son of haggart
01-06-2016, 12:30 PM
while the cash compensation is likely to be pretty straight forward- ie buying he contract out there are also sorts of other issues I would hope LD is negotiating. For example AS not trying to poach half our players, John McGinn included. There may be hopefully is a non compete clause.

Not sure that would be legally possible (restricting employment opportunities/rights of players). Would have to probably be a 'gentleman's agreement' between the clubs , for what that's worth

Northern Hibby
01-06-2016, 01:56 PM
RP trying to sneak in a Sell on clause for a manager ?? :cb

jacomo
01-06-2016, 02:10 PM

Stokesy's on fire and Scott 'one good season' Allan look ideal signings for Rotherham.

Fill yer boots, Stubbs.

coldingham hibs
01-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Rod Petrie on Sky Sports making out he doesn't know what the situation is.

ekhibee
01-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Thomson was an excellent player, surely you aren't doubting that? If he hadn't had 4 leg breaks in his career he would have achieved brilliant things. He didn't leave in the best way but his ability was never in doubt.
Thomson was a really good player before his first injury that kept him on the sidelines for ages, after he came back I never thought he was quite as good. Just my opinion but I thought Scott Brown was a better player and we got more money for him too.

Paisley Hibby
01-06-2016, 03:22 PM

Has there been a hiccup?

Hibs will not be happy about Rotherham's total lack of class with this, eg the chairman bragging to the press that it was a done deal and how much money was involved. I guess Leanne and Rod will be in no mood to make this easy, cheap or quick for Rotherham. RUFC might have more money because they play in a much wealthier league than us but when it comes to financial negotiations I think they've just found out they are mere amateurs...

BoltonHibee
01-06-2016, 03:23 PM

That was his base salary or thereabouts wasn't it?

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Hibs will not be happy about Rotherham's total lack of class with this, eg the chairman bragging to the press that it was a done deal and how much money was involved. I guess Leanne and Rod will be in no mood to make this easy, cheap or quick for Rotherham. RUFC might have more money because they play in a much wealthier league than us but when it comes to financial negotiations I think they've just found out they are mere amateurs...

:agree: ....... Say what ye like aboot the tache, the one thing he is good at is squeezing out the best deal. As my dear old mum used to say "if he dropped a penny it would hit him on the back o' the heid" :greengrin

Jonnyboy
01-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Nothing on Rotherham's site yet either.

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2016, 04:33 PM
It is now.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1356076-rotherham-united-confirm-alan-stubbs-as-their-new-manager/

http://www.themillers.co.uk/

Doolan too.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2016, 04:40 PM
It is now.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1356076-rotherham-united-confirm-alan-stubbs-as-their-new-manager/

Doolan too.

Strangely the sight of Doolan in that picture hurts more than AS. Not sure why?

SJM
01-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Good luck and thanks for the memories.

ShinyFantastic
01-06-2016, 04:49 PM
It is now.

Doolan too.

That actually makes me sick

Pete
01-06-2016, 04:52 PM

Why sick? :confused:

Makes me a bit sad as they are legends but they leave on a high with no hard feelings surely.

Can't wait to see who we appoint. Leeanne has a great track record so far and maybe the next one will be an improvement!

Scottie
01-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Agree mate feel like I've just walked in on my Mrs getting a good rodgering by my Jambo neighbour.

greenpaper55
01-06-2016, 04:55 PM
Now that's in the open no doubt we will hear something official , that photo reminds you that there is not much honour about in football circles these days. He may regret the move someday.

Pete
01-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Agree mate feel like I've just walked in on my Mrs getting a good rodgering by my Jambo neighbour.

Join in. Don't ask you don't get.

ShinyFantastic
01-06-2016, 04:59 PM

Makes me a bit sad as they are legends but they leave on a high with no hard feelings surely.

Can't wait to see who we appoint. Leeanne has a great track record so far and maybe the next one will be an improvement!

Just seeing the two of them holding up the shirt like that as if it's just another day at the office makes me sick. There is no loyalty in football.

Sudds_1
01-06-2016, 04:59 PM

are they related like? :-)

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Reports say he resigned. Does that mean no compensation?

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Just seeing the two of them holding up the shirt like that as if it's just another day at the office makes me sick. There is no loyalty in football.

Seeing as Stubbs likes to talk. I expect a nice interview where he praises us, the fans etc and wishes us well. He's been quiet for weeks now (even before the final)

Marco G
01-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Reports say he resigned. Does that mean no compensation?No.

Scottie
01-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Join in. Don't ask you don't get.
Asked but wouldn't let me :wink:

are they related like? :-)
Yes :aok:

Pete
01-06-2016, 05:10 PM

I know but loyalty works both ways.

You have to cherish the good times while they are there and move on when you have to.

We've been given the ultimate good time so nothing but positive vibes here :thumbsup:

Paisley Hibby
01-06-2016, 05:15 PM

Legends no more.

Pete
01-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Legends no more.

Ach, away.

Hibs90
01-06-2016, 05:18 PM
A Millers club statement said: "Rotherham United are delighted to confirm the appointment of Alan Stubbs and John Doolan.

"Rotherham can confirm that Alan Stubbs and John Doolan have resigned from their post as head coach and first-team coach of Hibernian FC.

So do we get any compo or no?

lucky
01-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Disappointed but we move on. Good luck Stubbys I've feeling he'll need it

Paisley Hibby
01-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Reports say he resigned. Does that mean no compensation?

No, it suggests the clubs could not agree and so Stubbs has had to break his contract to move. I guess they've been trying to screw us financially and us them. It also suggests the manner of Stubbs' departure has not pleased Hibs one bit. And lets face it, he's ****** us over.

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 05:22 PM
A Millers club statement said: "Rotherham United are delighted to confirm the appointment of Alan Stubbs and John Doolan.

"Rotherham can confirm that Alan Stubbs and John Doolan have resigned from their post as head coach and first-team coach of Hibernian FC.

So do we get any compo or no?

You'd have to resign your post to take up another in any employment. Hibs are protected by him having resigned his post in contract and not the other way around.

greenpaper55
01-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Think i heard earlier on the beeb that they were trying to agree combo which suggests they were nowhere near what Hibs wanted so maybe he did walk.

jgl07
01-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Thomson was an excellent player, well worth 2 million.
Indeed.

But Rangers wanted him AND Scott Brown for £2 million.

Hibs (or rather Petrie) dug in and picked up £6.5 million for the two.

PiemanP
01-06-2016, 05:30 PM
No mention about Holden? Seems a bit strange...could he be staying?

hibeeleicester
01-06-2016, 05:35 PM
The lack of Hibs statement says to me that there is some annoyed people at ER

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Pair of *****houses....lost all respect for them

madhatter
01-06-2016, 05:38 PM

Does sound like they have resigned to save Rotherham some money...essentially destroy a level of bargaining we had.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 05:40 PM
Does sound like they have resigned to save Rotherham some money...essentially destroy a level of bargaining we had.

Cost us 120k or more.....he would have got his move without resorting to this

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 05:43 PM

Sure the club still have to accept those resignations.

madhatter
01-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Sure the club still have to accept those resignations.

Clearly have or Stubbs is in breach of contract. They could hardly reject it though? Stubbs was going and we can't hold things up too much. If he resigned to save Rotherham some money I've lost a lot of respect in him.

Heisenberg
01-06-2016, 05:45 PM
We will still get compo for them. They broke their contracts to take another job.

Ged
01-06-2016, 05:46 PM

There are some right *****houses on page 6 of the cup final update thread too but thankfully I never had any respect for them in the first place.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?311264-Scottish-Cup-Final-2016-Hibernian-v-Rangers/page6

HH81
01-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Just been on Yorkshire news that he is confirmed. No mention of any compensation.

Scottie
01-06-2016, 05:49 PM
If he resigned to save Rotherham some money I've lost a lot of respect in him.
Every ounce of respect if this is the case even despite giving most of us the best day in our lives only last Saturday.

QMU-1875
01-06-2016, 05:52 PM
The players gave us the best day of our lives not him. His tactics failed to win us promotion twice stop the creaming over him he wasn't that good.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 05:53 PM
There are some right *****houses on page 6 of the cup final update thread too but thankfully I never had any respect for them in the first place.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?311264-Scottish-Cup-Final-2016-Hibernian-v-Rangers/page6

Far too much time on your hands. ...take up ****ing

Onion
01-06-2016, 05:57 PM
The players gave us the best day of our lives not him. His tactics failed to win us promotion twice stop the creaming over him he wasn't that good.

Harsh. We're so quick to damn previous managers for not being able to motivate Hibs players for big games in the past, now that they've shown amazing drive and mental strength it has nothing to do with the manager :crazy:

J-C
01-06-2016, 06:00 PM
He wanted to go last October but didn't, he's been waiting on the right time since then, left on a high but the way it's been orchestrated is like a kick in the bars.

hibs0666
01-06-2016, 06:00 PM
He wanted to go last October but didn't, he's been waiting on the right time since then, left on a high but the way it's been orchestrated is like a kick in the bars.

How do you know that?

Hibs90
01-06-2016, 06:11 PM
So have just read up.

Hibs are entitled to monies as he has resigned and immediately taken up another job. Probably won't be anywhere near 120k though.

Paisley Hibby
01-06-2016, 06:25 PM

But if that was possible wouldn't it always happen? Why would anybody in business ever agree to pay more than they need to, especially in a money driven one like football? I think it just means they get their man in now while the clubs continue to argue the odds over compensation. It also kinda suits us too because we are now free to appoint his replacement. If Stubbs comes back for any players it should make for some tasty aggro between the clubs!

Bristolhibby
01-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Surely we sue Stubbs and Doolan for breach of contract. We should be entitled to at least the value of the remaining months of their contract.

Can't happen with players though.

J

SJM
01-06-2016, 06:28 PM
By resigning isn't stubbs giving up the right to his cut of the fee agreed for release of contract? It could actually be to make us more money they have resigned.

meeks0-7
01-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Cost us 120k or more.....he would have got his move without resorting to this

Link to the STV storey says compensation agreed between clubs?

Craig_in_Prague
01-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Link to the STV storey says compensation agreed between clubs?

And further down says AS and Doolen resigned.

Not clear what has really happened and what dosh we get, if anything.

meeks0-7
01-06-2016, 06:36 PM

I think technically you still have to resign from your current job before taking another.

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2016, 06:38 PM
We'll get cash - doesn't matter if they resigned or not. Stop the hammering of them.

More interesting to me is that he's taken Doolan as his assistant and not the assistant he had here. What's his plans?

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2016, 06:43 PM
We'll get cash - doesn't matter if they resigned or not. Stop the hammering of them.

More interesting to me is that he's taken Doolan as his assistant and not the assistant he had here. What's his plans?

:top marks:top marks

Early days, things to be ironed out, but Hibs getting it in the neck, baffling:rolleyes:

Northernhibee
01-06-2016, 06:51 PM
I think technically you still have to resign from your current job before taking another.

This. It's like people can't wait to get stuck in on this place; why wait for facts first?

Michael
01-06-2016, 06:54 PM
We'll 100% get compensation.

J-C
01-06-2016, 06:56 PM
How do you know that?

Been mentioned by a good few ITS guys on main board and private board.

Pete
01-06-2016, 06:57 PM
This. It's like people can't wait to get stuck in on this place; why wait for facts first?

:agree:

Who's winning the "I'm more upset than you with Stubbs" competition?

Next we'll be hearing how this has ruined the cup win for them.

hibs0666
01-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Been mentioned by a good few ITS guys on main board and private board.

Were they saying that last year?

hibs0666
01-06-2016, 06:58 PM
:agree:

Who's winning the "I'm more upset than you with Stubbs" competition?

Next we'll be hearing how this has ruined the cup win for them.

That will be stated as the reason why they are not buying a season ticket.

jacomo
01-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Far too much time on your hands. ...take up ****ing

Doesn't make great reading, does it? :wink:

MyJo
01-06-2016, 07:09 PM

Doolan is being called the first team coach rather than an assistant

J-C
01-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Were they saying that last year?

Don't think anyone knew last year, all just coming out now, Rotherham were interested and that was in the press but nothing came of it, he's obviously had a season to think things over, quite a few regular posters said they heard he was away whatever the cup result, which shows this has been in the pipeline for a while.

J-C
01-06-2016, 07:28 PM

That was Taff's role here.

overdrive
01-06-2016, 07:30 PM

Not there he's not. Assistant manager according to their official website.

meeks0-7
01-06-2016, 07:44 PM

Beefster
01-06-2016, 07:51 PM
On topic, the lack of even a cursory statement from the club about five hours after Rotherham announced it isn't great.

bingo70
01-06-2016, 07:53 PM
On topic, the lack of even a cursory statement from the club about five hours after Rotherham announced it isn't great.

Hoping to announce his replacement in one swoop?

hearts did that with jefferies did they not?

Danderhall Hibs
01-06-2016, 07:56 PM

Rotherham website said assistant manager?

MyJo
01-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Rotherham website said assistant manager?

sorry my bad, on re-reading that it says he resigned as first-team coach, your quite right about the assistant manager part.

staunchhibby
01-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Wonder if Stubbs resigned to avoid compensation and Rotherham have used this money as an incentive.If that is the case any respect i have for Stubbs has long gone.Maybe Hibs should report Rotherham for tapping.

madhatter
01-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Anybody else have the feeling that this wasn't an amicable break-up?

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Wonder if Stubbs resigned to avoid compensation and Rotherham have used this money as an incentive.If that is the case any respect i have for Stubbs has long gone.Maybe Hibs should report Rotherham for tapping.

As has been said about 20 times on here, we will get compensation

madhatter
01-06-2016, 08:42 PM
As has been said about 20 times on here, we will get compensation

Our manager is gone but club have made no statement...very strange. He is getting paraded and whilst we all know what is happening it is still very strange not to get official statement from club.

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Our manager is gone but club have made no statement...very strange. He is getting paraded and whilst we all know what is happening it is still very strange not to get official statement from club.

I agree and didn't say otherwise

Maybe ready to announce the new man at the same time

bingo70
01-06-2016, 08:45 PM

Even if it wasn't, he's just won the cup. He deserves a thanks and a statement wishing him well.

Even if it's through gritted teeth.

madhatter
01-06-2016, 08:45 PM
I agree and didn't say otherwise

Maybe ready to announce the new man at the same time

Maybe but that would be a bad move. All attention at that stage should be on the new man. Should never combine the past and the future in a statement to do with a new employee...

01-06-2016, 08:46 PM
My reading of things.
LD and the Board have given permission for AS to talk to Rotherham but haven't first agreed the compensation if he goes.
Rotherham say yes he's our man, how much?
Hibs say a fee larger than the value of his contract.
Rotherham say no, we'll pay his contract or maybe less!
Hibs say no we want more..............impasse

As it has played out with so many clubs before Manager resigns leaving it up to Club to sue him for breach of contract. What would we likely get under breach of contract....probably the value of his contract! A silly game.

guthrie01
01-06-2016, 08:46 PM

Kenny Millar
✔‎@Kenny_Millar (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar)

@FamousFive1875 (https://twitter.com/FamousFive1875) Yes, there will still be compensation.

No way about it, we will get compensation for Mr.Stubbs
(https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar)

Northern Hibby
01-06-2016, 08:47 PM
It's all just a bit sudden after the euphoria of last week it does feel like a bit of a kick in the baws, of that I've been dumped by a girlfriend with no explanation, glad I don't have his number cause I'd probably phone him when pissed, "but why Alan, we were happy" 😢

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Maybe but that would be a bad move. All attention at that stage should be on the new man. Should never combine the past and the future in a statement to do with a new employee...

Normally I would agree however if it's a statement thanking the legend and announcing the new man is to come and continue with the job in hand then it would work

madhatter
Even if it wasn't, he's just won the cup. He deserves a thanks and a statement wishing him well.

Nah not if he has resigned to save them some compensation money. He helped us win the cup but if he has done that then I don't respect him. No problem with him leaving but he should still have some regard for Hibs.

Smartie

Yep.

Strange sequence of events given we've just won the cup.

I have a hunch there's a bit more to this.

No inside knowledge or anything, just a wee hunch mainly based on what Hibs have chosen to say (and not say) in the papers over the past few days.

We're probably tying up the last few strands of a gagging clause as we speak.

Hibbyradge
01-06-2016, 08:49 PM

Yes. That's why I started this thread. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Have any of the players commented on his departure, or have they been gagged?

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Nah not if he has resigned to save them some compensation money. He helped us win the cup but if he has done that then I don't respect him. No problem with him leaving but he should still have some regard for Hibs.

You have to resign from one job before taking up another surely?

Apart from when sacked obviously

MyJo
01-06-2016, 08:50 PM

The club only comment once everything is done. Compensation hasnt been agreed which has resulted in Stubbs quitting.

I would expect a statement tomorrow saying we have tried to negotiate a fair settlement of Stubb's contract with Rotherham but have been unable to reach an agreement and Stubbs has handed in his resignation to force through the move and we will continue to seek appropriate compensation while we search for our new manager.

I don't think this has ended on friendly terms if im being honest.

bingo70
01-06-2016, 08:52 PM

He won't have saved them compensation money. If it worked that way then managers would just quit all the time rather than waiting on clubs to agree compensation.

Even if there was a fall out, there should have been a statement thanking him for his efforts and for winning the cup.

madhatter
01-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Normally I would agree however if it's a statement thanking the legend and announcing the new man is to come and continue with the job in hand then it would work

Fair enough. I don't agree. I'm glad we won the cup but someone winning it here shouldn't become a legend - we should be winning things more often and make it a habit. Also to leave us just over a week after winning the cup, and under the possible circumstances that are suggested then I'd rather thank and be done with it and then have a massive welcome for the new man the following day. Merging it just doesn't seem right. He's gone.

BoomtownHibees
01-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Fair enough. I don't agree. I'm glad we won the cup but someone winning it here shouldn't become a legend - we should be winning things more often and make it a habit. Also to leave us just over a week after winning the cup, and under the possible circumstances that are suggested then I'd rather thank and be done with it and then have a massive welcome for the new man the following day. Merging it just doesn't seem right. He's gone.

So you don't class the man who won is our first Scottish Cup in 114 years a legend??

Fair enough

madhatter
01-06-2016, 08:56 PM
He won't have saved them compensation money. If it worked that way then managers would just quit all the time rather than waiting on clubs to agree compensation.

Even if there was a fall out, there should have been a statement thanking him for his efforts and for winning the cup.

He has unless we can fight in court to get more than the value of Stubbs' contract as a settlement which is very unlikely. We've moved from a transfer/compensation scenario which allows clubs to demand what they want and try to meet to an everyday breach of contract which has less negotiation involved, generally is value of contract and maybe minimal fee on top.

madhatter
01-06-2016, 08:58 PM
So you don't class the man who won is our first Scottish Cup in 114 years a legend??

Fair enough

He is but I've not been alive 114 years and I'm in promotion was more important camp. Also I'd prefer the club not be in scenario of having such legends - let's win these things more often!

Marco G
01-06-2016, 09:12 PM
He has unless we can fight in court to get more than the value of Stubbs' contract as a settlement which is very unlikely. We've moved from a transfer/compensation scenario which allows clubs to demand what they want and try to meet to an everyday breach of contract which has less negotiation involved, generally is value of contract and maybe minimal fee on top.
I don't think that is our main worry just now! Also am happy for a considered response from Hibs at a time of our choosing.

Hibs90
01-06-2016, 09:17 PM
What about the fans who only go on the official site or directly to Hibs for news? I'm thinking of the older generation here. Being left in the lurch. Once again we get our news from elsewhere instead of the club where a simple paragraph would have been acceptable.

madhatter
01-06-2016, 09:18 PM
I don't think that is our main worry just now! Also am happy for a considered response from Hibs at a time of our choosing.

Fair enough, I don't suspect the club is rolling in the cash though...so money should be a big priority especially since we are supposedly losing a living legend...

I'm happy for a considered response from Hibs but strange seeing our ex-head coach getting paraded at new club and there isn't even a "sorting out a few things in Stubbs' departure and our search for new head coach is well underway" from the club. Really does suggest a sour ending tbh.

01-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Fair enough, I don't suspect the club is rolling in the cash though...so money should be a big priority especially since we are supposedly losing a living legend...

I'm happy for a considered response from Hibs but strange seeing our ex-head coach getting paraded at new club and there isn't even a "sorting out a few things in AS departure and our search for new head coach is well underway" from the club. Really does suggest a sour ending tbh.

From the mouth of a lawyer today. Hibs are playing it "legal" - They have not given him permission to leave by accepting his resignation. Therefore AS in in breach of contract. They reserve the right to pursue him for breach of contract.

Greenworld
01-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Why would Hibs release a statement before any deal for compensation is concluded?
I would not say anything until new manager is appointed.
Cheers Alan and on to our new manager.
As is gone I've no interest in him now goodbye .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
01-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Stubbs is now history, a very important part of a key moment in our history, but history none the less.

He's chosen to go down to Rotherham and all I want to hear from my club is how we're going onwards and upwards.

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Exclusive interview on his decision to leave in the sun tomorrow apparently.

OsloHibs
01-06-2016, 10:14 PM
He knew he was going. Of course he did.

GordonHFC
01-06-2016, 10:22 PM

How many column inches does it take to admit he has bottled it?

Ronniekirk
01-06-2016, 10:27 PM

Winning the Scottish Cup couldn' be bettered so it was tome to jump ship
Doesn't really matter what he says He has chosen to go and am sure he will say nice things about us in the main and wish us well
More interested now on how it impacts on the Team and who we appoint and then who comes and goes

SJM
01-06-2016, 10:33 PM
How many column inches does it take to admit he has bottled it?

Bottled it aye?

SJM
01-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Winning the Scottish Cup couldn' be bettered so it was tome to jump ship
Doesn't really matter what he says He has chosen to go and am sure he will say nice things about us in the main and wish us well
More interested now on how it impacts on the Team and who we appoint and then who comes and goes

Family reasons all round is the main reason he's leaving.

givescotlandfreedom
01-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Family reasons all round is the main reason he's leaving.

Did he not sign a new contract last season. If distance was the issue that would seem strange.

SJM
01-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Did he not sign a new contract last season. If distance was the issue that would seem strange.

He did. But situations change for him and his backroom staff and all have been hugely respectful to the club and continued to see the season out giving it their all.

Captain Trips
01-06-2016, 10:45 PM
Bottled it aye?

I think there is a part of him to be honest maybe small but none the less staying on and not getting promotion would possibly take shine of his cup win and not do him as good as leaving now.

To a certain degree I think he has bottled it.

Andy74
01-06-2016, 10:45 PM
From the mouth of a lawyer today. Hibs are playing it "legal" - They have not given him permission to leave by accepting his resignation. Therefore AS in in breach of contract. They reserve the right to pursue him for breach of contract.

Sky confirmed that Stubbs and Doolan both quit to force through the move today.

GordonHFC
01-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Bottled it aye?

Aye !!!

Purehibee_MYB
01-06-2016, 10:49 PM
It's all just a bit sudden after the euphoria of last week it does feel like a bit of a kick in the baws, of that I've been dumped by a girlfriend with no explanation, glad I don't have his number cause I'd probably phone him when pissed, "but why Alan, we were happy" 

We've been using this analogy. It's like the relationship was a bit sour, went on holiday to try and sort things out and had an amazing time only to come back and their bags are packed and they're leaving with no explanation.

SJM
01-06-2016, 10:50 PM
I think there is a part of him to be honest maybe small but none the less staying on and not getting promotion would possibly take shine of his cup win and not do him as good as leaving now.

To a certain degree I think he has bottled it.

Fair enough but I 100% believe Stubbs thought he had the team to gain promotion and would have done again had he stayed. You could be right that his stock with us may have never been higher so he's jumped at the first chance although I think he would have resigned regardless of delivering the cup or not. I would much rather have the Scottish Cup in the bag than not and Stubbs going to the job centre so I can't not wish him all the best. It's weird there hasn't been a peep from any of the players too. Only one since the final has been Forster, who I believe will sign a new deal now with Stubbs gone.

Eesti
01-06-2016, 10:51 PM
If you look at the footage from the final at no point during the presenting of the cup was Stubbs comfortable. I think he had a moment where he had expected to be sacked for losing the final and it suddenly dawned on him we had won. Good manager in my book but not good enough. Good luck and goodbye...

Cameron1875
01-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Why would a Scouser give a national exclusive interview to The Sun?!

Andy74
01-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Fair enough but I 100% believe Stubbs thought he had the team to gain promotion and would have done again had he stayed. You could be right that his stock with us may have never been higher so he's jumped at the first chance although I think he would have resigned regardless of delivering the cup or not. I would much rather have the Scottish Cup in the bag than not and Stubbs going to the job centre so I can't not wish him all the best. It's weird there hasn't been a peep from any of the players too. Only one since the final has been Forster, who I believe will sign a new deal now with Stubbs gone.

Most of them are quite happy in places like Vegas. None seem too traumatised at the loss of the manager as yet.

Captain Trips
01-06-2016, 10:53 PM

We have had the team to get promoted for 2 seasons IMO, his stock is at its peak, him staying would only risk that. For me part of it was a fear of failure.

SJM
01-06-2016, 10:57 PM
We have had the team to get promoted for 2 seasons IMO, his stock is at its peak, him staying would only risk that. For me part of it was a fear of failure.

Fair enough 👍

SJM
01-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Most of them are quite happy in places like Vegas. None seem too traumatised at the loss of the manager as yet.

True!

01-06-2016, 10:59 PM
Sky confirmed that Stubbs and Doolan both quit to force through the move today.

That's the point. By not making an announcement they are not accepting the resignation therefore both AS and JD are in breach of contract.

Paisley Hibby
01-06-2016, 11:02 PM

Of course it was. The much better pay, better players to work with and much better teams to play against had nothing to do with it...

Captain Trips
01-06-2016, 11:06 PM
Of course it was. The much better pay, better players to work with and much better teams to play against had nothing to do with it...

Of course it had if you read my other post you will see I believe PART of it was fear of failure. I do not need obvious things like better players and better teams to play against pointed out to me I am fully aware that is a major factor.

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2016, 11:06 PM
It is a bit surprising that there has been no statement from Hibs, even if it is just to say we asked him to stay but he was determined to go and we will appoint a new guy after the usual sifting process.

If this has ended in bad blood between Stubbs and the club I find it very sad ..... he won us the cup, but there is no doubt the club backed him all the way in getting there, a parting of the ways based on mutual respect would have been nice.

jacomo
01-06-2016, 11:13 PM
If you look at the footage from the final at no point during the presenting of the cup was Stubbs comfortable. I think he had a moment where he had expected to be sacked for losing the final and it suddenly dawned on him we had won. Good manager in my book but not good enough. Good luck and goodbye...

Who knows what he was thinking.

It does seem like he made his decision awhile ago. Or maybe he took failure in the league hard?

H13BYM
01-06-2016, 11:22 PM
It's a step up for him in respect of he's only one league away from the premiership probably the biggest thing for him is it commutable from Liverpool so from a perspective of being able to live at the family home most of the time plus it puts himself in a bigger shop window.
How he will fare is another story up against Benitez and probably Di Matteo to name just two.....

J-C
02-06-2016, 12:29 AM

It does seem like he made his decision awhile ago. Or maybe he took failure in the league hard?

I think he knew his time was up after the Falkirk game, he probably got the ball rolling then with Rotherham.

snooky
02-06-2016, 12:56 AM

Announced he would be selling/auctioning his cup winners medal immediately after the final - wtf?
Okay, it's allegedly for a good cause but to me it showed that he is either superhuman or the victory didn't mean as much to him as it did the rest of the players & supporters alike.

H13BYM
02-06-2016, 04:05 AM
Announced he would be selling/auctioning his cup winners medal immediately after the final - wtf?
Okay, it's allegedly for a good cause but to me it showed that he is either superhuman or the victory didn't mean as much to him as it did the rest of the players & supporters alike.

This selling the medal thing didn't sit right with me either!
Granted it's for a good cause but it seems disrespectful in a way- as if it doesn't mean anything to him, his choice though.

HoboHarry
02-06-2016, 04:14 AM
Granted it's for a good cause but it seems disrespectful in a way- as if it doesn't mean anything to him, his choice though.
I don't agree. I won a few medals and viewed them as nothing much more than dust collectors - the memories were what was important and they gave the real joy. Didn't Neil Lennon give a medal to someone in the crowd a few years back? The point is that some players live for the actual medals and others for the memories......

HH81
02-06-2016, 04:57 AM

Did you see his interview on sky before the final? It explains all about the medal if Hibs won. It was quite a moving interview for a pre game.

Edit as found it on youtube:

https://youtu.be/6EPkM9kN2_M

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2016, 06:15 AM
I'd rather the club got on with the matter at hand - I'm sure they are.

Re bad blood I think it was just process but if any club think they can swan in and cherry pick our manager after such an hibstoric event - and we were to shrug shoulders without putting up some kind of fight then it would be open season on any successful Hibs manager (not that we've been troubled with that of late!)

Stubbs has probably spun things in a positive light - he certainly would find it hard to top cup final appearences one resulting in a Holy Grail victory. I think we took the eye off the prize and effectively sacrificed promotion for the cups but I think we had no option but to fight on all fronts to mitigate failure to go up through the playoffs. I think Stubbs can go with his head held high.

Ultimately I suspect time apart from family took its toll on the management team and Doolans fathers passing brought things into sharper focus - life is too short. I don't think this aspect can be underestimated.

Northernhibee
02-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Did you see his interview on sky before the final? It explains all about the medal if Hibs won. It was quite a moving interview for a pre game.

Edit as found it on youtube:

https://youtu.be/6EPkM9kN2_M

Fantastic man.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2016, 06:26 AM

The sky interview below puts it in his own words - I completely buy that and am proud our manager selflessly made that choice.

BSEJVT
02-06-2016, 06:32 AM

He deserves **** all

Hibs will do what's right for Hibs at a time that's right for Hibs

The minute he agreed to speak to another club he deserves as much consideration as the dog **** on your shoes after a walk through Leith Links

He did what he wanted to do for his own reasons, why should Hibs behave differently?

Brightside
02-06-2016, 06:32 AM
Fantastic man.

Exactly. The usual piyesh being spouted by some on here. Don't doubt that mans fibre.

hibee-boys
02-06-2016, 06:52 AM
He was brought to hibs to get us out of the championship, he failed in that respect. Great achievement bringing us the Scottish Cup and for that I will be forever thankful but let's not kid ourselves here, if we'd lost the final the majority would've wanted him punted anyway!.......have we all forgotten about the 5 game losing streak against the might of the Scottish Championship. He has lost some of my respect for leaving us a job half done.

bingo70
02-06-2016, 06:57 AM
He deserves **** all

Hibs will do what's right for Hibs at a time that's right for Hibs

The minute he agreed to speak to another club he deserves as much consideration as the dog **** on your shoes after a walk through Leith Links

He did what he wanted to do for his own reasons, why should Hibs behave differently?

Disagree but it's obviously not something we're ever going to agree on.

Hibs can still look after our own interests but notify the supporters he's actually left and thank him for his efforts in bringing the Scottish cup to the club.

It's common courtesy and Hibs not saying anything is petty IMO. I could understand if he left without permission but we allowed him to speak to them, we can't then take the hump of he accepts their offer.

Marco G
02-06-2016, 07:08 AM
Disagree but it's obviously not something we're ever going to agree on.

Hibs can still look after our own interests but notify the supporters he's actually left and thank him for his efforts in bringing the Scottish cup to the club.

It's common courtesy and Hibs not saying anything is petty IMO. I could understand if he left without permission but we allowed him to speak to them, we can't then take the hump of he accepts their offer.Well I prefer to think that Leeann knows exactly how we should play this and if Hibs have not made a statement yet you can bet there is a good reason and nothing to do with spite.

greenginger
02-06-2016, 08:20 AM
I don't think Hibs will make a statement on Stubbs departure until a compensation package has been agreed.

s.a.m
02-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Wild guess, but perhaps it's tactical :dunno: Perhaps the club are doing a, "He may well say he's resigned, but he's under contract to us and he's still our manager until we agree terms with Rotherham", so they can come over all jilted and wounded in any tribunal?

jacomo
02-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Well I prefer to think that Leeann knows exactly how we should play this and if Hibs have not made a statement yet you can bet there is a good reason and nothing to do with spite.

Spot on. People venting their feelings about on here isn't really necessary.

Might well be that LD is raging though! Cancelled holiday plans and all that.

we are hibs
02-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Some embarrassing stuff being spouted on here by some bitter sounding people. He came in and won us the Scottish cup. He's a legend. He's entitled to leave his job if he wants. Just because he's left doesn't make him any less a legend.

Congruence
02-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Some embarrassing stuff being spouted on here by some bitter sounding people. He came in and won us the Scottish cup. He's a legend. He's entitled to leave his job if he wants. Just because he's left doesn't make him any less a legend.

:top marks

Steve20
02-06-2016, 09:07 AM
The disrespect shown to a man who won us the Scottish Cup is appalling here. Just because he left to another job, which will be far better paid and more likely to lead to progression down south.

Will always be a legend for 21st May 2016.

BSEJVT
02-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Some embarrassing stuff being spouted on here by some people who think they have the right to pontificate about other peoples views.

He's left Hibs which he was entitled to do, but on his terms, it doesn't change the fact for me that he is a legend for winning the cup.

It also doesn't change my opinion that he left when his stock was at its highest with no thought or consideration for the club and its fans.

He knew that if he failed to get us up this year he was damaged goods, I don't blame him but lets hold steady on the elevation to sainthood.

Do you think it entered his head how best to announce that decision for Hibs benefit?

Hibs have and will exercise the right to deal with that as they see fit.

Quite how Hibs, as the wronged party, are getting stick here for following their agenda in the way Stubbs followed his escapes me.

All that matters is Hibs.

If Stubbs and his supporters on this topic being miffed about the clubs handling of his departure is at the expense of Hibs managing the situation to their agenda is the price that has to be paid so be it.

So many feel the need to nit pick about everything the club does or doesn't do, why?

Heisenberg
02-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Its football these days. You've got to move on when your stock is high as a manager. Another failed league campaign with us and he wouldnt get another job at a higher level. He is a legend for winning that cup. I thank him and we move on.

silverhibee
02-06-2016, 10:05 AM
I don't agree. I won a few medals and viewed them as nothing much more than dust collectors - the memories were what was important and they gave the real joy. Didn't Neil Lennon give a medal to someone in the crowd a few years back? The point is that some players live for the actual medals and others for the memories......

He gave someone in the crowd the thing they give you when you win the cup which is on a piece of ribbon, it isn't the real medal.

hibbymac
02-06-2016, 10:07 AM

I am not knocking Alan Stubbs for going, I would have liked him to stay. I think he done a good job for us, but he could have done a better job, i.e. get us promoted.

To say he is a legend is a bit much. He was 10 minutes away from being hounded out by some sections of the Hibs support, if we had lost that final.

I would say to him, Thanks for helping towards the most memorable win of any living Hibs fans life and all the best to him in his new job.

Now it is time to move on, quickly, and get a new manager in who can get us promoted in the next season.

GGTTH

we are hibs
02-06-2016, 10:10 AM
I am not knocking Alan Stubbs for going, I would have liked him to stay. I think he done a good job for us, but he good have done a better job, i.e. get us promoted.

To say he is a legend is a bit much. He was 10 minutes away from being hounded out by some sections of the Hibs support, if we had lost that final.

I would say to him, Thanks for helping towards the most memorable win of any living Hibs fans life and all the best to him in his new job.

Now it is time to move on, quickly, and get a new manager in who can get us promoted in the next season.

GGTTH

its not too much at all. He done something 12 managers before him couldn't. He gave us one of the best days of our lives. For that he has well and truly earned legendary status. In 20/ 30 years time people won't remember not going up. We will all remember singing his name after he lifted the Scottish cup.

hibbymac
02-06-2016, 10:22 AM
its not too much at all. He done something 12 managers before him couldn't. He gave us one of the best days of our lives. For that he has well and truly earned legendary status. In 20/ 30 years time people won't remember not going up. We will all remember singing his name after he lifted the Scottish cup.

Not disagreeing with any of that, just the definition of legend i have must differ from your definition, you think he's a legend, i don't, simple really.

CallumLaidlaw
02-06-2016, 10:42 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160602/b6e27ff3ae251e2f21e080794902382d.jpg

RabMohr
02-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Official statement just released.