PDA

View Full Version : A name not mentioned.

The Ferryman
01-06-2016, 09:38 AM
One of the most successful managers in the Championship last year was Ray McKinnon.
I have no doubt that in taking over the United job he can work wonders with a limited budget. He did that with Brechin,Raith Rovers and was involved in the setting up of the youth academies for Scotland.
Link that to his obvious motivational skills and the ability to be articulate whether dealing with his team or senior management and you have a candidate worthy of close consideration. Apart from that he could be our nemesis in managing Dundee United who will be our main opponents next season

scuttle
01-06-2016, 09:42 AM
One of the most successful managers in the Championship last year was Ray McKinnon.
I have no doubt that in taking over the United job he can work wonders with a limited budget. He did that with Brechin,Raith Rovers and was involved in the setting up of the youth academies for Scotland.
Link that to his obvious motivational skills and the ability to be articulate whether dealing with his team or senior management and you have a candidate worthy of close consideration. Apart from that he could be our nemesis in managing Dundee United who will be our main opponents next season

Not having a dig mate but why would we mention him, hes never going to be our next manager

chrisski33
01-06-2016, 09:44 AM

this is your second post on ere? ur on the wind up:cb:bye::fishin:

RoxburghHibs
01-06-2016, 09:47 AM

He's only just taken the Dundee Utd job so no chance he would be mentioned in regards to the Hibs position!

Jim44
01-06-2016, 09:47 AM

We're a wee bit miffed that a club has poached our manager of two years standing yet you expect us to go for a guy who has been with a club for five minutes .............. Mind you, if he applied for the job ............ :devil:

Jim44
01-06-2016, 09:51 AM
If we're talking about appropriate names, not mentioned, Mixu springs to mind ( I personally wouldn't want him 'tho)

Heckys Wheel
01-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Hibs are good at pulling off managers who aren't quoted by the bookies and press. Given that 2 names in SkyBet's top 20 are Jimmy Calderwood and Terry Butcher, thank f@&£!

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 09:59 AM

Eh?

Why would we when he's just signed with Utd and hasn't even managed one game yet! I'm not sure if this is a wind up.

scoopyboy
01-06-2016, 10:01 AM
If I was to go for an ex Dundee Utd player as our next manager it would be Billy McKinlay.

greenginger
01-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Hibs are good at pulling off managers who aren't quoted by the bookies and press. Given that 2 names in SkyBet's top 20 are Jimmy Calderwood and Terry Butcher, thank f@&£!

Terry Butcher is 33/1 on Skybet ! :grr:

Stevie Reid
01-06-2016, 10:03 AM
If I was to go for an ex Dundee Utd player as our next manager it would be Billy McKinlay.

Could be a good shout, seems to be highly thought of in coaching terms.

EDIT: Just looked at his stats from his current managerial job in Norway - very poor so far. Less than halfway through their season (13 games) and already lost more games (9) than they did in the previous campaign, when they finished 3rd. Currently 15th.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Could be a good shout, seems to be highly thought of in coaching terms.

EDIT: Just looked at his stats from his current managerial job in Norway - very poor so far. Less than halfway through their season (13 games) and already lost more games (9) than they did in the previous campaign, when they finished 3rd. Currently 15th.

Probably couldn't 'afjord' him anyway...

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 10:10 AM

No thanks. We could do better than him Scoops!

carnoustiehibee
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM

I think if we got beat by Utd in the semis he woulda been our manager, but with utds season over they were able to act first

scoopyboy
01-06-2016, 11:12 AM
No thanks. We could do better than him Scoops!

Was highly thought of when at Fulham.

Take your word though.

eastmainsmsh
01-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Badger McKinlay would be great Peter Grant lol Nicky butt Patrick kluivert lol

Jaap stam

LaMotta
01-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Terry Butcher is 33/1 on Skybet ! :grr:

Skybets plan of getting people to talk about Skybet has worked. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
02-06-2016, 12:11 AM
this is your second post on ere? ur on the wind up:cb:bye::fishin:

give him a chance, he only joined 8 years ago :greengrin

J-C
02-06-2016, 12:16 AM

It's taken 8 years to make 2 posts and the 2nd one is this, lets hope the next is a real beaut and doesn't take as long.

SunshineOnLeith
02-06-2016, 02:33 AM
It's taken 8 years to make 2 posts and the 2nd one is this, lets hope the next is a real beaut and doesn't take as long.

The first one was touting Ray Mackinnon for the job as well!

allezsauzee
02-06-2016, 05:34 AM
I don't want to sound overly cynical but I'm sure the bookies are quite happy that they have a tendency to only offer odds on guys who don't end up being appointed :greengrin

xyz23jc
02-06-2016, 05:56 AM
Zaphod Beeblebrox

not mentioned either, wouldn't need an assistant.

Done a fantastic job at Ujpest Torpedo on a limited budget!:greengrin:thumbsup:

Northernhibee
02-06-2016, 06:00 AM
A name not mentioned - Dean Gaffney. Could do a job?