PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Blanket - we need to push on

GreenCastle
01-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Been interesting reading posts on here the last week or so after the final win is slowly sinking in. Lots of mentions about the cup final and rightly so - this will be a day we never forget as a supporter - my best supporting the club.

What I feel now is really important is we push on as a club.

Think back to 2007 when we beat Killie - we basically went into free fall:

There was various reasons for this including bad appointments, lack of board support, player revolts etc.

This next appointment and season is so important - we have to use the success and better connection gained with the fans after the cup final to drive on.

It will be very easy this season to say yes but we won the cup final etc when things arent going right but for me this next season should see another trophy and party at ER as we win the league and return to the top league. I am really hoping the new appointment can deliver in a short space of time. The fans need to pack ER and continue this great support and momentum.

lyonhibs
01-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Been interesting reading posts on here the last week or so after the final win is slowly sinking in. Lots of mentions about the cup final and rightly so - this will be a day we never forget as a supporter - my best supporting the club.

What I feel now is really important is we push on as a club.

Think back to 2007 when we beat Killie - we basically went into free fall:

There was various reasons for this including bad appointments, lack of board support, player revolts etc.

This next appointment and season is so important - we have to use the success and better connection gained with the fans after the cup final to drive on.

It will be very easy this season to say yes but we won the cup final etc when things arent going right but for me this next season should see another trophy and party at ER as we win the league and return to the top league. I am really hoping the new appointment can deliver in a short space of time. The fans need to pack ER and continue this great support and momentum.

It was hardly immediate. We went 10 games unbeaten at the start of the next season IIRC, got 4th place under Yogi some 2 years later.

Yogi's last few months were the dropping off point, although even Fenlon had us top 6 and in the Cup Final (less said about the result, the better obviously)

I don't think we have to worry about Hibs fans doing a Hearts and gibbering "Aye, but we won the cup" in XX years time if things on the pitch aren't going well.

SlickShoes
01-06-2016, 09:52 AM
The club is essentially shut and on holiday, the players are on holiday, the new strip isn't out yet, the fixtures aren't out yet.

Alan Stubbs has left.

Literally the only thing to talk about other than Stubbs is the best day of our lives and maybe look forward to Europe. Everything else at the moment it standing still other than the manager position, something we have to just trust Leeann with.

I don't think anyone is using it as a comfort blanket, last season is over, the manager situation we can do nothing about and everyone else is on holiday.