PDA

View Full Version : Season 2016/17

Enough said
01-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Did everyone have full confidence that Stubbs would have won us the league next season? Tremendous that he won us the cup. Our severe lack to bury teams when on top was a big issue maybe a new man coming in will have a different style .

Thecat23
01-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Yes I think he'd have won it. More so because confidence would also be high after our SC final win. No pressure to win any cups now so just batter te league forget the cups.

In fact I'm still sure whoever comes in will win us the league because I can't see Utd, Falkirk or anyone else winning it.

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Did everyone have full confidence that Stubbs would have won us the league next season? Tremendous that he won us the cup. Our severe lack to bury teams when on top was a big issue maybe a new man coming in will have a different style .

Yeah, i did actually. A lot to be said for stability and momentum. Stubbs and the players would have been riding a wave coming back in this summer... now we have no idea which players we will keep and no idea of what to expect from the next manager.

I do however have great faith in Leeann in that i believe she will appoint someone who is either proven to or talks a good talk about playing similar football, with the added bonus of win at all costs.

Lets see what's what.

Waxy
01-06-2016, 08:31 AM
I have faith in the players we have and our captain.

Enough said
01-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Must admit I am really looking forward to this season regardless whether Stubbs was here or not, I think we will win the league.

Ozyhibby
01-06-2016, 09:27 AM
I didn't, which is why I'm not too fussed about his departure. The Leaugue campaign was a disgrace last season. 59 goals in the Scottish championship? The yams managed the same in the Leaugue above.
Delighted with the cup win but the league season was a giant failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough said
01-06-2016, 12:41 PM
I didn't, which is why I'm not too fussed about his departure. The Leaugue campaign was a disgrace last season. 59 goals in the Scottish championship? The yams managed the same in the Leaugue above.
Delighted with the cup win but the league season was a giant failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk can't argue with that !!

Finn2015
01-06-2016, 01:29 PM
I have faith we can win the league with or without him but we need to hit the ground running and get things settled, in terms of a new manager, ASAP

jacomo
01-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Yes I think he'd have won it. More so because confidence would also be high after our SC final win. No pressure to win any cups now so just batter te league forget the cups.

In fact I'm still sure whoever comes in will win us the league because I can't see Utd, Falkirk or anyone else winning it.

:agree:

We started slowly in both League campaigns under Stubbs - I was hoping that a summer of stability and happiness would have ensured we got off to a flyer in 16/17 and not looked back.

We have disruption for a third summer running... but the new man will have a lot in place.

Finn2015
01-06-2016, 02:04 PM
:agree:

We started slowly in both League campaigns under Stubbs - I was hoping that a summer of stability and happiness would have ensured we got off to a flyer in 16/17 and not looked back.

We have disruption for a third summer running... but the new man will have a lot in place.

Good news is we are starting with a 'feel good' factor and sound base...... As long as there isn't a player exodus any way

jacomo
01-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Good news is we are starting with a 'feel good' factor and sound base...... As long as there isn't a player exodus any way

Obviously we've lost the loan players and Paul Hanlon is a free agent.

But we don't need to sell anyone else and there is now room to bring in a few new faces, especially up front.