PDA

View Full Version : My worry for the new season

ArmadaleHibs
01-06-2016, 06:29 AM
I'm worried that LD may take too long (like when she brought in Stubbs) to put a manager in place and we ending up with another stuttering start to the season. We really need to start this season with a bang. I'm sure she will spring a rabbit from somewhere, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Ggtth

rcarter1
01-06-2016, 06:33 AM
I'm worried that LD may take too long (like when she brought in Stubbs) to put a manager in place and we ending up with another stuttering start to the season. We really need to start this season with a bang. I'm sure she will spring a rabbit from somewhere, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Ggtth

The concept of being actually worried about anything related to Hibs, kind of disappeared for a while the moment David Gray performed his miracle.

Pina Colada please… :party:

Mr White
01-06-2016, 06:33 AM
Everything is in place now for her to work though. 2 years ago the club was in turmoil and she was only just in the door. I think we'll see the new man in quite soon.

tamig
01-06-2016, 06:34 AM

Ggtth
She moved very quickly with the Stubbs appointment. Remember, she didn't start as soon as the relegation season ended. I'm sure LD and George Craig would have been prepared for this. Relax and trust Leeann.

hibs0666
01-06-2016, 06:39 AM

Ggtth

No need to worry. Kick back and watch the game again. We are in good hands.

makaveli1875
01-06-2016, 06:43 AM
i would expect LD would have seen this coming

marinello59
01-06-2016, 06:44 AM

Ggtth

Stubs was brought in quite quickly by LD wasn't he?
This is the perfect time for a change. As long as the new man and his team are in place before the players return to training we are set up nicely for what is to come. The European adventure is a wee bonus and will hopefully prove to be a good bonding experience.

Colr
01-06-2016, 06:48 AM
She moved very quickly with the Stubbs appointment. Remember, she didn't start as soon as the relegation season ended. I'm sure LD and George Craig would have been prepared for this. Relax and trust Leeann.

That's how I remember it. She was very quick in meeting with Butcher and deciding to get rid of the ********.

jarre1875
01-06-2016, 06:52 AM
Im pretty sure LD would have seen this coming and started to plan for this since xmas time i feel. Im normally like whos next, how long is this gonna take, but this time im pretty rekaxed about the whole new manager affair. Leeann seems to have her finger on the pulse of whats happening. So over to you Leeann. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Allant1981
01-06-2016, 06:57 AM
Pretty sure they will have a couple of people in mind already for the job, they would have known stubbs or his agent will have been spoken to by people at rotherham

ArmadaleHibs
01-06-2016, 07:04 AM

Ggtth

It's ok everyone. I'm not worried now. Just watched the last ten minutes of the Scottish cup winning magic. All is well again. Thanks stubbsy

Ggtth

PeeJay
01-06-2016, 07:06 AM

Ggtth

Then again, isn't it the case if Dempster is actually doing her job properly she will have had some potential new managers in the frame for some time now? Particularly, as Stubbs failed for the second season in a row to achieve his target. A club that knows where it is going and has a plan to get there should not be scurrying around now looking for a solution to a "suddenly" departing manager. If she doesn't have any decent candidates lined up already, we should be asking her why not ...

Steve20
01-06-2016, 07:09 AM
I'd be surprised if we don't have a manager by the end of next week.

Unless it's a Terry Butcher type appointment, I'm confident we'll win the league with a bit to spare next season.

Coco Bryce
01-06-2016, 07:11 AM
My worry is Stubbs takes McGinn to Rotherham with him.

ArmadaleHibs
01-06-2016, 07:12 AM
My worry is Stubbs takes McGinn to Rotherham with him.

If he tries it will cost him a huge chunk of his teams budget for the season

Ggtth

J-C
01-06-2016, 07:15 AM

Ggtth

2 years ago we had to wait for LD to leave Motherwell officially, then wait for Butcher to come back from holidays before she could look for his replacement, we ended up 4-5 weeks behind everyone. Everything is now in place to carry on smoothly, players are all here, targets have been probably approached, a list of candidates will be there for just this circumstance, I'll wager the new head coach will be in place be early next week at the latest, end of this week earliest.

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 07:22 AM
LD hired Stubbs, didn't work out too badly. Lets just chill until it happens. Have faith in the Dempster.

The Harp
01-06-2016, 07:23 AM
I've every confidence in Leeann, assisted by George Craig, to appoint the right candidate at ER. As some have said, she will have have been assessing the Stubbs situation for a while so is likely to have a couple of possibles in mind already. She's doing a great job at the Club - no reason to doubt her ability to appoint the right guy to take us forward.

Big_Franck
01-06-2016, 07:24 AM
The concept of being actually worried about anything related to Hibs, kind of disappeared for a while the moment David Gray performed his miracle.

Pina Colada please… :party:

Totally agree. I'm still on a high after we won the Scottish Cup and I fully trust Leeann to find a manager capable of getting us out of this league. Actually quite looking forward to seeing who the new man is and who he'll bring in.

The Leith Dutch
01-06-2016, 07:25 AM
I think as long as we don't do that special Hibs thing of thinking that it takes till Christmas for the squad to "gel" under the new manager rather than 2 weeks then I'm reasonably happy.

LD moved quickly once she was in and that included dispensing with the current manager and getting Stubbs in.
We're also not at this time looking at rebuilding a whole team (here's hoping that's the case).

Would have been easier if Stubbs had stayed but being honest there was no value for him once he'd won the Scottish Cup.
Don't mean this in a depressed way but he'd taken the club probably as far as he could from his perspective.

The only way he improves his reputation generally is winning another cup - possible but far from guaranteed or even likely - or progressing in Europe when in reality we're probably just looking for somewhere nice for the away leg and not to be embarased.

Promotion should be a given - but then it should have been a given this year too - so he'll get no meaningful credit for that.

GreenArmyyy!
01-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Then again, isn't it the case if Dempster is actually doing her job properly she will have had some potential new managers in the frame for some time now? Particularly, as Stubbs failed for the second season in a row to achieve his target. A club that knows where it is going and has a plan to get there should not be scurrying around now looking for a solution to a "suddenly" departing manager. If she doesn't have any decent candidates lined up already, we should be asking her why not ...

She does have those contingencies so I'm not sure what your angle is?

Hermit Crab
01-06-2016, 07:29 AM
I reckon we'll see the manager by the end of next week and certainly see a shortlist emerging on bookie sites and in the press either by the end of the week or the start of next week.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2016, 07:40 AM
I've been told that Ms Dempster tried very hard to keep Stokes - pitched him twice. We have also had 10 applications in already.

Glorious St Pat
01-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Sorry just read that again - should be Stubbs!

Iain G
01-06-2016, 07:41 AM
I've every confidence in Leeann, assisted by George Craig, to appoint the right candidate at ER. As some have said, she will have have been assessing the Stubbs situation for a while so is likely to have a couple of possibles in mind already. She's doing a great job at the Club - no reason to doubt her ability to appoint the right guy to take us forward.

I seem to remember an interview with her or George early in their time with us where they said they would always monitor for new coaches / managers that would fit in with our model and ethos and that they woukld keep a shortlist of 4 or 5 people? Imagine they would have sounded some of their shortlisted people out by now.

Or maybe that was Southampton :greengrin

Waxy
01-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Good thing is when Stubbs arrived it was much later than this and he had a complete shambles of a squad.
The current squad is in place, maybe we need only three or four but we're in a far better place than two year ago.

Hibernia&Alba
01-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Naturally it's better to have a new manager in place asap, so giving him maximum time to work with/amend the squad. It's at moments such as this Leeann Dempster has to earn her money and get it right.

PeeJay
01-06-2016, 08:33 AM
She does have those contingencies so I'm not sure what your angle is?

In the context of the OP's "worry" my post is simple enough to grasp: I am not aware that she has those "contingencies" as you claim - you seem to be sure about it, so we'll have a new manager in pretty soon, I guess? :greengrin

Sean1875
01-06-2016, 09:55 AM
probably the most relaxed I've ever felt about a new manager coming in for us, got faith that LD can pull it off again :agree:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_in_Prague
01-06-2016, 10:03 AM
probably the most relaxed I've ever felt about a new manager coming in for us, got faith that LD can pull it off again :agree:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

totally agree.

this isn't a surprise for her.

moreover, the squad will be mainly kept (or good money coming in), AS has left the club in great condition, both on and off the field the club is far more attractive.

Fancy us for the league no matter who comes in.

Bristolhibby
01-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Also there were rafts of players and loaners out the door when we were relegated. IIRC Lewis Stevenson was saying that at the beginning of pre season there was something mad like 6 players training. I'm not expecting the same this year.

Systems are in place, the squad is (relatively) settled bar one or two known about loaners returning and the inevitable raid or two.

Just need the guy in next week please to continue the transition.

Fixtures are out a fortnight Friday!

GGTTH

Scottish Cup Winners 2016

J

jacomo
01-06-2016, 10:54 AM
As said elsewhere, bawbag Butcher was still drawing his salary from Hibs when Leeann arrived... she had to sack him first before bringing Stubbs in.

I really think she worked as quickly as she could under the circumstances. I am confident she is working as quickly as possible now to put a new team in place.