PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought....

Logie
31-05-2016, 10:33 PM
We should get a song going for Lewis Stevenson, feel he rarely gets credit and would be nice for him im sure to hear fellow Hibees singing his name? With Stubbs away I can't see us getting Henderson back so my suggestion is using the Henderson song and replacing with Lewis Stevenson. Would be a nice touch considering how loyal the man has been to us....... Discuss 😎

Sir David Gray
31-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Do we not sing;

Lewis Stevenson
Stevenson
Lewis Stevenson
Nanananananana

To the tune of "Give it up" by KC and The Sunshine Band. :dunno:

magnificent_seven
31-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Aw naw! Nice sentiment but these threads always bring out the worst of songs. Too many people fancy themselves as award winning songwriters!

SaulGoodman
31-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Lewis Stevenson
He is good
He's got Celtic on the run

Logie
31-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Literally just an idea as I actually watched the whole game back earlier 😂 he had a stormer and got me thinking he deserves a wee tune! I'm worried for the McGinn song right now 😔

MyJo
31-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Literally just an idea as I actually watched the whole game back earlier 😂 he had a stormer and got me thinking he deserves a wee tune! I'm worried for the McGinn song right now 😔

If the new managers name doesnt fit:

We've got McGinn, Super John McGinn
I just dont think you understand
He's the hibees favourite man
He's better than Zidane
We've got super John McGinn.

Greencore
31-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Lewis Stevenson
He is good
He's got Celtic on the run

😂😂😂😂

Logie
31-05-2016, 11:01 PM
That is a shout!

QUOTE=MyJo;4715111]If the new managers name doesnt fit:

We've got McGinn, Super John McGinn
I just dont think you understand
He's the hibees favourite man
He's better than Zidane
We've got super John McGinn.[/QUOTE]

monktonharp
31-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Nope, he's getting nae song! only been here 10 years ffs.

Mango Man
31-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Aw naw! Nice sentiment but these threads always bring out the worst of songs. Too many people fancy themselves as award winning songwriters!

Hahaha, that's very true. I've had to stop myself posting 1 or 2 attempts before ☺

Every now and then a catchy one comes along though, but you do have to go through a cringe-fest to get there.

Hibs Giant
01-06-2016, 08:41 AM
We should get a song going for Lewis Stevenson, feel he rarely gets credit

He's an interesting player. He looks good in a good team (our last 2 cup winning teams), and rubbish in a rubbish team (much of the time in between).

I agree with your sentiment though. He's on the crest of a wave just now and playing very well. It's also so rare that a player spends so long at a club. He's been there with us through several eras and, even excluding 21/05/16, for me, has become an important name in the history of Hibernian Football Club.

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2016, 10:09 AM
I would expect that Leanne will take the McGinn song into account when deciding on the new manager.

If his name doesn't fit the song he won't be getting the gig.

Goes without saying really!

Northern Hibby
01-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Not just one
He's got two
League and Scottish cup medals

Na na na (like nick nack paddy Wack

Lewis is the only one!!

MyJo
01-06-2016, 10:42 AM
I would expect that Leanne will take the McGinn song into account when deciding on the new manager.

I can just imagine leeann sitting in the interview humming the John McGinn song to see if the name fits and stopping the person mid-sentence to say, "nope sorry I'm afraid you just won't do, NEXT!" :faf:

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2016, 11:11 AM
^^^ Exactly. And quite right too!!!

Sean1875
01-06-2016, 11:33 AM
'One Lewis Stevenson' sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2016, 11:40 AM
I can just imagine leeann sitting in the interview humming the John McGinn song to see if the name fits and stopping the person mid-sentence to say, "nope sorry I'm afraid you just won't do, NEXT!" :faf:

I'm a bit concerned that Peter Houston fits perfectly :jamboak:

overdrive
01-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Lewie, Lewie
Lewie, Lewie

aka Stubbsy, Stubbsy?

hfcnic
01-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Hahaha, that's very true. I've had to stop myself posting 1 or 2 attempts before ☺

Every now and then a catchy one comes along though, but you do have to go through a cringe-fest to get there.

I love reading all the cringey ones :thumbsup:

BSEJVT
01-06-2016, 03:53 PM
All this songs for so and so is driving me nuts

We are a football club not Stock Aitken & Waterman

Most good football songs are either knock off's from other teams / sports or spontaneous.

Logie
01-06-2016, 03:56 PM

Ha ha!! Too true! I think we should get something going for Stevenson as a thank you for his service to Hibs!

Logie
01-06-2016, 03:57 PM
All this songs for so and so is driving me nuts

We are a football club not Stock Aitken & Waterman

Most good football songs are either knock off's from other teams / sports or spontaneous.

Well imo it creates a fantastic atmosphere and gets the players going! We need to have a positive impact this season and hopefully going up with fans singing every week new songs too would be a delight.

Logie
01-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Lewie, Lewie
Lewie, Lewie

aka Stubbsy, Stubbsy?

Like it 😉

High-On-Hibs
01-06-2016, 04:04 PM
It's the awkwardness of the lads name. 2 syllables in his first name, followed by 3. You just can't fit it into a song!