PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham- My new English team

el hibs
31-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Alan leaves a legend. I wish him all the best. He assembled a team of heroes. I hope he does well. He's a good guy and deserves it.

A while ago he stated that family and golf are more important to him than his job, so moving nearer them and his beloved Everton makes sense.

I'd like his new team to give us a pre-season friendly so we can thank him. Like after his return from cancer treatment we would give him an excellent reception.

Failing that, it would make an excellent Hibs away day to support Rotherham for the day- so we can sing a few songs for Alan.

:gwa:

johnbc70
31-05-2016, 09:25 PM
I can understand family of course, but he said that golf was more important to him than football and his job?

tigerted
31-05-2016, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry. You must be a space Cadette!

Bostonhibby
31-05-2016, 09:46 PM
You've not been to Rotherham have you?

Think I will continue to have no interest in them or the area as per usual.

keep the faith
31-05-2016, 09:48 PM

Why? I thought the OP was very fair and honest

CRAZYHIBBY
31-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Jeezo

mca
31-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Why? I thought the OP was very fair and honest

Has The OP Ever Been To Rotherham !!! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/no%20way.gif

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-05-2016, 09:56 PM
I think we'll all be visiting enough shan poke towns with houfin wee grounds next season supporting Hibs without adding bloody Rotherham to the list. I'm out.

ehf
31-05-2016, 10:02 PM

:top marks

Eyrie
31-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Why would anyone decide to support a team that has just taken our manager? Surely you should be annoyed at them?

Or are you just eternally grateful for Gareth Evans?

ShinyFantastic
31-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

Wow

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Alan leaves a legend. I wish him all the best. He assembled a team of heroes. I hope he does well. He's a good guy and deserves it.

A while ago he stated that family and golf are more important to him than his job, so moving nearer them and his beloved Everton makes sense.

I'd like his new team to give us a pre-season friendly so we can thank him. Like after his return from cancer treatment we would give him an excellent reception.

Failing that, it would make an excellent Hibs away day to support Rotherham for the day- so we can sing a few songs for Alan.

Admire your good intentions mate!

jacomo
31-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Watch about, clown about.

Waxy
31-05-2016, 10:09 PM

Lets concentrate on the Hibees.

SJM
31-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Wanted Scott Allan last year, linked again with JC this season, approached Stubbs' sneakily 6 months ago - nah they can go take a flying **** to themselves. I hope AS does well but it doesn't mean I'll like or respect that football club.

Jdawg
31-05-2016, 10:46 PM

My god, will not give them a moments thought, never have, never will.

Greencore
31-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Been to Rotherham before, the most depressing place I have ever been. Reminded me of gorgie. Sheffield is better.

tigerted
31-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Exactly. Why would we give a s***e? Sorry, you've lost the plot!

Hannah_hfc
31-05-2016, 11:18 PM
I'm sure the OP had good intentions for the thread. Will wish Stubbs all the best as he put together a team who gave us all something we thought we'd never see.

I just can't bring myself to care much for Rotherham but I like Stubbs and I hope it doesn't go bad for him at all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
31-05-2016, 11:22 PM
I don't care about Rotherham as a club although I will probably look out for their results next season but only because of Stubbs.

monktonharp
31-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Has The OP Ever Been To Rotherham !!! http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/no%20way.gifone of those nasty Northern towns eh? that part annoys me, when reading posts from people below the "Gap" and surrounding areas. you are implying to many on here who will never have been, and never thought of going to Rotherham that it is the end of the world. Is it so? I bet many on here have been to plenty of naughty places in our own toon. we don't all live next to the castle, or Morningside you know.:wink:

monktonharp
31-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Been to Rotherham before, the most depressing place I have ever been. Reminded me of gorgie. Sheffield is better.Well, I take note of your advice. not been to "Rothers", can we now call it that? but Sheffield, a big big toon with the highest proportion of afternoon drunks I have ever seen. watched a programme mainly about Grimsby recently. that looked a right sheite hole btw. we could scroll the whole of England, and find lots of depressing places, as opposed to bonny bonny Scotland::thumbsup:

OsloHibs
01-06-2016, 01:29 AM
Never. Hope they get stuffed my the mighty forest!

Viva_Palmeiras
01-06-2016, 02:53 AM
Is this what .net has become calling fellow posters space cadettes, clown someone who's lost the plot? Folks don't know what's going on inside their nut?

Poor show folks. And yes I know there's a choice. Didn't think that within a week of winning the.greatest accolade in our lifetime we'd start back on this kinda track.

WellingtonHibby
01-06-2016, 03:28 AM
Well, I take note of your advice. not been to "Rothers", can we now call it that? but Sheffield, a big big toon with the highest proportion of afternoon drunks I have ever seen. watched a programme mainly about Grimsby recently. that looked a right sheite hole btw. we could scroll the whole of England, and find lots of depressing places, as opposed to bonny bonny Scotland::thumbsup:

What programme was that?G Grimsbys got its fair share of problems, bu ive been plenty worse places!

Greencore
01-06-2016, 04:17 AM
Well, I take note of your advice. not been to "Rothers", can we now call it that? but Sheffield, a big big toon with the highest proportion of afternoon drunks I have ever seen. watched a programme mainly about Grimsby recently. that looked a right sheite hole btw. we could scroll the whole of England, and find lots of depressing places, as opposed to bonny bonny Scotland::thumbsup:

Yay!!!!!!👍🏻

Billy McKirdy
01-06-2016, 04:42 AM
I've been to Rotherham, it's no better or worse than anywhere else really, get the OP's sentiments buy like others that club has blatantly tried to get our players and manager before, hope Stubbsy goes on to great success just don't try to steal our players.

Keith_M
01-06-2016, 05:33 AM
Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

Wow

This.

Sean1875
01-06-2016, 05:57 AM
**** Rotherham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
01-06-2016, 06:07 AM
Rotherham were and remain and Stubbs now is totally irrelevant to me.

I will neither care nor look at how either get on.

lyonhibs
01-06-2016, 06:08 AM
Respectfully, Rotherham can, with respect, go **** themselves.

Is it not just a ****heap suburb of Sheffield anyway??

The attraction for Stubbs is the league they're in, the money that attracts and the exposure it receives. Any Rotherham fan getting a chubby that Stubbs is passionate about Rotherham FC in isolation is deluding him/herself.

norhfc
01-06-2016, 06:15 AM
Respectfully, Rotherham can, with respect, go **** themselves.

Is it not just a ****heap suburb of Sheffield anyway??

The attraction for Stubbs is the league they're in, the money that attracts and the exposure it receives. Any Rotherham fan getting a chubby that Stubbs is passionate about Rotherham FC in isolation is deluding him/herself.

Like all football fans they will get a chubby, we are so easily duped time and time again, will not be looking out for their results....time to move on and hopefully upwards.

Carheenlea
01-06-2016, 06:24 AM
Have no interest in English football, and not going to start taking one any time soon.

worcesterhibby
01-06-2016, 08:28 AM
I dislike Rotherham intensely and yes I have visited a lot of times for work. Personally I hope they get pumped every week. While Alan Stubbs was Hibs manager he had my undivided loyalty. He has now walked off and left us despite the support we have shown him and the fact that he has not achieved the goal of promotion. That's his choice, absolutely...but I couldn't give a monkeys what happens to his career now. He better not come in for any of our players.

SeanWilson
01-06-2016, 08:30 AM

exactly how i feel.

Jim44
01-06-2016, 08:38 AM

:agree:
I think I'm beginnng to feel sick at all the 'Stubbs can't do a thing wrong' claptrap. OK, he took the huge monkey off our back and got us playing decent football again, and I thank him for that. But put it in perspective. He failed twice to get us promotion, subjecting us to numerous embarrassing defeats from lesser teams along the way. He tried to get away from Hibs to join them eight months ago but failed. Fine, if anyone wants to deify him and offer lifelong, public gratitude. go ahead and enjoy cozy thoughts, but don't try to get us all to join you.

jacomo
01-06-2016, 09:04 AM
I can't believe people are still responding to the OP.

Clearly at it.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Rotherham can GTF

DH1875
01-06-2016, 09:12 AM
**** Rotherham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This :agree:

rotherhamrob
01-06-2016, 09:28 AM
I've lived in rotherham for over 26 years, in all that time I've seen them play once and I have to say I was bored out of my skull. For me it can only be hibs and scotland in that order.
My youngest is in to football and I asked him if he wanted to go to rotherham games, he said he wasn't bothered as he'd like to go and see hibs, so this coming season I will be taking him to a couple of games at easter road and I can't bloody wait.

jimmythefish
01-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Hope Rotherham get relegated

Jim44
01-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Hope Rotherham get relegated

Now we're talking. :greengrin

Cabbage East
01-06-2016, 09:42 AM
I've never even seen them play on tv, never heard anything remotely interesting about the town. This is probably the biggest thing that's ever happened involving their team or the town. A nothing place.

worcesterhibby
01-06-2016, 10:52 AM
I've never even seen them play on tv, never heard anything remotely interesting about the town. This is probably the biggest thing that's ever happened involving their team or the town. A nothing place.

Second biggest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

Finn2015
01-06-2016, 10:59 AM
I wish Stubbs well but no, don't give a chuff about Rotherham

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2016, 11:05 AM
You've not been to Rotherham have you?

Think I will continue to have no interest in them or the area as per usual.

Quite right, the town is a ****hole.

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2016, 11:08 AM
I wish Stubbs well but no, don't give a chuff about Rotherham

lord bunberry
01-06-2016, 11:24 AM
I couldn't care less about Rotherham. If I'm being honest I feel like Stubbs has been desperate to leave hibs if he has chosen to go there. I'll always be grateful for winning us the cup, but I feel he has let us down a bit by jumping ship when the job is half done.

OsloHibs
01-06-2016, 11:38 AM
All stubbs leaving has shown me is that he had no faith in getting us up this season. Says more about him than anything else.

Rotherham is only famous for scandal, cr*p mp's and the chuckle brothers.

Bad Martini
01-06-2016, 11:44 AM

Spot on.

In my humble opinion it shows great ambition; after all, who wouldn't want to go to a club with a stadium half the capacity of ours, languishing in the relegation zone the last two seasons and having last won anything of note more than 50 years ago. Clearly a club going places, with a supportive chairman who keeps and stands by his managers :rolleyes:

Actually, I really don't give a toss; stole our manager. Leave our players. You aren't part of the Hibernian FC and thus of zero interest to me.

paddy1875
01-06-2016, 11:45 AM
I couldn't care less about Rotherham. If I'm being honest I feel like Stubbs has been desperate to leave hibs if he has chosen to go there. I'll always be grateful for winning us the cup, but I feel he has let us down a bit by jumping ship when the job is half done.

If Alan Stubbs had stayed he'd be on a hiding to nothing. He had a poor end to the season but then managed to do the unthinkable and win us the Scottish cup after 114 years. If he'd stayed, got us promotion it's would've been seen as peanuts in a league without Rangers and hearts to many looking in, and including many Hibs fans.

He'll be moving closer to his family (who he's been away from for 2 years) and probably bringing in 4x his wage. I'm sad to see him go. He's a legend now. But the money and prospects down in England now take everyone down. Players, managers, coaches the lot.

Sad state of affairs but it's now the way it goes.

Galahibby
01-06-2016, 11:49 AM
As much as Stubbsy will always be a hero in my eyes, the way Rotherham have gone about this has left a bad taste so **** them. I wish him well personally, but feel he'll be lucky if he sees the season out there.

lord bunberry
01-06-2016, 11:52 AM
If Alan Stubbs had stayed he'd be on a hiding to nothing. He had a poor end to the season but then managed to do the unthinkable and win us the Scottish cup after 114 years. If he'd stayed, got us promotion it's would've been seen as peanuts in a league without Rangers and hearts to many looking in, and including many Hibs fans.

He'll be moving closer to his family (who he's been away from for 2 years) and probably bringing in 4x his wage. I'm sad to see him go. He's a legend now. But the money and prospects down in England now take everyone down. Players, managers, coaches the lot.

Sad state of affairs but it's now the way it goes.
I read on here that his family had moved up to Edinburgh and loved it here, one of his kids was going to uni in Edinburgh. I disagree that winning the championship with hibs would've meant nothing. Alex Neil got the Norwich job after winning the championship and Owen Coyle got the Bolton job after doing well in the same league, both better jobs than Stubbs has taken. The fact that he was prepared to jump ship last season and the fact that he has accepted the Rotherham job so quickly says to me that he couldn't get out the door quick enough.
I agree about the money down south and that he is and always will be a legend, but it leaves a slightly bad taste in the mouth that he's been so keen to leave.

paddy1875
01-06-2016, 11:59 AM
I read on here that his family had moved up to Edinburgh and loved it here, one of his kids was going to uni in Edinburgh. I disagree that winning the championship with hibs would've meant nothing. Alex Neil got the Norwich job after winning the championship and Owen Coyle got the Bolton job after doing well in the same league, both better jobs than Stubbs has taken. The fact that he was prepared to jump ship last season and the fact that he has accepted the Rotherham job so quickly says to me that he couldn't get out the door quick enough. I agree about the money down south and that he is and always will be a legend, but it leaves a slightly bad taste in the mouth that he's been so keen to leave. The Alex Neil one your right in he done really well getting that job. Norwich showed great faith in him. Neil Lennon got offered the Bolton job tho from winning a double and getting Celtic to the last 16 of the champions league. Appoligies iv not heard anything about him wanting away last year? What happened here?

Jim44
01-06-2016, 05:31 PM
As much as Stubbsy will always be a hero in my eyes, the way Rotherham have gone about this has left a bad taste so **** them. I wish him well personally, but feel he'll be lucky if he sees the season out there.

How can you wish him well but stuff Rotherham? It's a bit like wishing good luck to an astronaut but hoping his spacecraft blows up. Personally, I wish him all the failure that's coming his way. I'm a great believer in ' if he's not with us, he's against us', ............. Long live schadenfreude. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
01-06-2016, 05:47 PM
Stubbs will live to regret this decision. He will be shown the door by Rother-bloody-ham [crappy wee shyt club/town], by the end of this season. To say I am disappointed in him is an understatement. Yeah , he won us the S/C, and deserves great credit for that. But ROTHERHAM ? I ask you. Jumped ship at the first opportunity. WHERE'S YOUR LOYALTY STUBBS ? This time last year you were spouting about loyalty when Scott Allen was wanting to move to the blue-nose keek. Rother-bloody-ham - backwater of a town and football team.

iwasthere1972
01-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Will always be eternally grateful for Stubbsy helping us to eventually win the Scottish Cup but as far as Rotherham are concerned I couldn't really give a toss. Read a few comments on one of their messageboards and it's the usual Scottish football crap, how many of their players would get in our team...not many etc etc.

Just like Mowbray, Stubbs has disappeared before his contract was up. Rotherham......really.

Ah well at least we have time to bring a new manager in before we start our European venture. That's unless we get banned.

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Let's not kid ourselves that this isn't a step up.

Bournemouth and Swansea are 2 examples of what can be achieved with the right management.

HappyHanlon
01-06-2016, 06:15 PM

Bournemouth and Swansea are 2 examples of what can be achieved with the right management.

And copius amounts of money

Alfred E Newman
01-06-2016, 06:22 PM
If we go up next season it would be an added bonus to see Rotherham relegated.

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 06:25 PM
**** Rotherham. Nothing club funded by tv money

The_Horde
01-06-2016, 06:25 PM
And copius amounts of money

Correct.

Craig_in_Prague
01-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Sorry but I hope they get pumped every week.

Lago
01-06-2016, 06:29 PM

Rotherham are no Bournemouth or Swansea. Yes Stubbs will have a great player budget relative to what he had at Hibs, however in the league he is now operating Rotherham are small fry and his budget will be paltry in comparison to Newcastle, Derby, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wed etc. Need I go on. I think he may well be in for a tough time. Really disappointed in the way hechas handled this, but then thats football.

Siralbertkidd
01-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Was on the Rotherham fans website. They are hoping Stubbs brings them fast, wide, direct players. OOPs, not done their due diligence have they!i

GordonHFC
01-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Sorry but I hope they get pumped every week.

👍

Pretty Boy
01-06-2016, 08:16 PM
I've no more interest in Rotherham now than I had last week, last month or last year. I hope Stubbs does well as it will be in the minds of future managers that Hibs is a good club at which to learn and develop, we win and the manager wins.

What saddens me is that Rotherham is now a step up from Hibs. It's an indication of what money has done to the modern game that managing a club like Rotherham is a bigger job than managing the likes of Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen. Still that's where we are and we get on with it.

stoneyburn hibs
01-06-2016, 08:38 PM
I wish Alan Stubbs all the best with his managerial career, probably look out for their results next season.

snedzuk
01-06-2016, 08:39 PM
What programme was that?G Grimsbys got its fair share of problems, bu ive been plenty worse places!

Was in a strip bar in Amsterdam once and when the whole banana / candle / foursome etc show was over, the lights went up and this shocked looking old bloke next to me turns kind of pale faced to me and says 'there in't even a massage parlour in't Grimsby'

erin go bragh
01-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Nah , Rotherham can gtf . Stubbs will always be a Hibs Legend but feel that club have disrespected us with their antics .

RedHibby
01-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Rotherham, average a Manager a season or slightly more. AS will not last a year at Rotherham because the chairman just doesn't like hanging on to them for too long.

lyonhibs
02-06-2016, 05:45 AM
Rotherham are no Bournemouth or Swansea. Yes Stubbs will have a great player budget relative to what he had at Hibs, however in the league he is now operating Rotherham are small fry and his budget will be paltry in comparison to Newcastle, Derby, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wed etc. Need I go on. I think he may well be in for a tough time. Really disappointed in the way hechas handled this, but then thats football.

Look at the teams that remain in The Championship and indeed lower and then compare their historical size, success, fanbase and stadium size with that of Bournemouth.

Not that I think in any way whatsoever that Rotherham will be the next Bournemouth, but if you'd been told 5 years ago that Bournemouth would finish mid table in the Premiership, you'd have laughed your heid off.

So it is possible.

Pete
02-06-2016, 06:31 AM
One eye will be on them to see how Sir Stubbs fares down there.

It's a big ask as they will be minnows but if he consolidates and is given time to build then anything is possible I suppose.

Lower mid table will be an achievement and I hope they do well.

Galahibby
02-06-2016, 01:52 PM
It's a bit like wishing good luck to an astronaut but hoping his spacecraft blows up.

Eh, naw, it isnae like that at all really. I wished him well *personally* and if he does move on to bigger and better than Rotherham then I will wish him well professionally too. I still believe that their chairman gobbing off to the Sun before a formal approach was made is poor form though, so I don't wish his *****y wee team any good fortune at all. If that's ok?

jacomo
02-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Eh, naw, it isnae like that at all really. I wished him well *personally* and if he does move on to bigger and better than Rotherham then I will wish him well professionally too. I still believe that their chairman gobbing off to the Sun before a formal approach was made is poor form though, so I don't wish his *****y wee team any good fortune at all. If that's ok?

Seems reasonable to me.

:thumbsup:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Some very bitter posts on here.

Albanian Hibs
02-06-2016, 03:12 PM
**** Rotherham

Moulin Yarns
02-06-2016, 03:17 PM
I think he misheard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph6Le_fkHL4

High-On-Hibs
02-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Couldn't give a flying fu.. about Rotherham. I wish all the best for the man personally.

High-On-Hibs
02-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Rotherham, average a Manager a season or slightly more. AS will not last a year at Rotherham because the chairman just doesn't like hanging on to them for too long.

I doubt he's planning to stay there long term tbh.

Bostonhibby
02-06-2016, 03:29 PM
I doubt he's planning to stay there long term tbh.
Agree, a day and a half should be plenty. Dump.

Itsnoteasy
02-06-2016, 11:13 PM

Your old English team must be *****£ if this is your new 1.