PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon to Aberdeen?

Cammy
31-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Hibernian fc fan news, reporting a 'rumour' that Hanlon has signed a bumper deal with Aberdeen.

Any truth that it's a done deal?:confused:

scoopyboy
31-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Hibernian fc fan news, reporting a 'rumour' that Hanlon has signed a bumper deal with Aberdeen.

He wasn't up there on Sunday or Monday as he was at East Mains, today he was at Pinkie primary school.

My understanding is he will try and get something sorted with Hibs and only when that is dead in the water will he sign for someone else.

MyJo
31-05-2016, 07:46 PM
It was said last week that Aberdeen have made him an offer but he was expecting to sit down with Hibs to discuss a new deal now that the cup final is out of the way and his preference would be to stay with Hibs.

I really hope its just a rumour and Hibs have done enough to keep him

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 07:50 PM

That's the kind of journalism carried out by makeitup jackson!

Reporting a rumour-dearie me.

Glory Glory

Cammy
31-05-2016, 07:50 PM
He wasn't up there on Sunday or Monday as he was at East Mains, today he was at Pinkie primary school.

My understanding is he will try and get something sorted with Hibs and only when that is dead in the water will he sign for someone else.

I hope you're right, always liked Hanlon and hope he stays.

Cammy
31-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Glory Glory

I think the actual term they used was 'understands' :greengrin

LustForLeith
31-05-2016, 07:55 PM
I think he's away

scoopyboy
31-05-2016, 08:00 PM
I think he's away

You posted that last night as well, what makes you so sure?

3pm
31-05-2016, 08:01 PM

Are you at liberty to say what was happening at East Mains? Was it for contract talks?

Jones28
31-05-2016, 08:03 PM
I will be very dissapointed if Stubbs and Hanlon leave in the space of a week.

scoopyboy
31-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Are you at liberty to say what was happening at East Mains? Was it for contract talks?

For treatment, he damaged his muscle again, the same one that kept him out for weeks around March.

I wouldn't post if I knew any Hibs player was in contract talks, not fair on the player or club.

KWJ
31-05-2016, 08:06 PM
If I were Paul Hanlon I'd be wanting some assurances from the new man we bring in before signing an extended deal when he has other offers on the table.

3pm
31-05-2016, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't post if I knew any Hibs player was in contract talks, not fair on the player or club.

No bother. :aok:

Stokesy's on fire
31-05-2016, 08:08 PM

That Twitter account should be banned it's full of crap

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2016, 08:31 PM
It was said last week that Aberdeen have made him an offer but he was expecting to sit down with Hibs to discuss a new deal now that the cup final is out of the way and his preference would be to stay with Hibs.

I really hope its just a rumour and Hibs have done enough to keep him

Old news - surprised it didn't make it on here in the run up to the final - his agent dismissed it sharpish. Buried

MyJo
31-05-2016, 08:44 PM
For treatment, he damaged his muscle again, the same one that kept him out for weeks around March.

On sunday after the parade he was certainly looking sore, seen him walking up the stairs at the stadium supported by (i think) his missus and he looked like he wasn't able to bend his leg.

Scooter
31-05-2016, 08:55 PM
He will end up beside Stubbs

Brightside
31-05-2016, 09:05 PM
On sunday after the parade he was certainly looking sore, seen him walking up the stairs at the stadium supported by (i think) his missus and he looked like he wasn't able to bend his leg.

We had to almost carry him down the stair on the sunday morning at the sponsor doo. He was in a fair bit of pain.

.Sean.
31-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Hope he stays.

The thought of the SC winning team breaking up so soon after the final is heartbreaking. :(

Edson Arantes
31-05-2016, 09:22 PM
He can't go!

He's got a hill named after him!

:wink:

jacomo
31-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Great player. Hope we can keep him.

HibsNutter
31-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Hibs simply have to keep him and other key players now, need to keep the feel good factor going over the short Summer break, not kill it less than a fortnight after the cup final.

Sergey
31-05-2016, 09:27 PM
I think he's away

You posted that last night as well, what makes you so sure?

Any chance of an answer?

northstandhibby
31-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Great player. Hope we can keep him.

Would love to keep Paul at the club. Him and Darren have formed a commanding central partnership. They both go up for corners and in unison hassle the opposing defenders.

Glory Glory

JoeT_WasTheBest
31-05-2016, 09:42 PM

Is that why he came off in the Final? I assumed it was due to injury rather than tactical, but can't remember it being mentioned.

Billy Whizz
31-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Is that why he came off in the Final? I assumed it was due to injury rather than tactical, but can't remember it being mentioned.

Same injury that he got at Dumbarton

scoopyboy
31-05-2016, 09:49 PM

Yes, the initial tear was 30cm, not quite as long this time.

GreenCastle
31-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Is Hanlon currently out of contract then?

We should be signing him up - manager or no manager !

Sir David Gray
31-05-2016, 09:55 PM
I can see him ending up at Rotherham.

No inside knowledge or anything like that, just a hunch.

MickeyEdwards
31-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Yes, the initial tear was 30cm, not quite as long this time.

Scoops, are you Paul's Dad? :wink:

That's a bit detailed for someone not as close, speaking as a Dad of a couple of lads myself! :agree:

Mikey09
31-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Hanlon has a few offers but don't write him off signing a new deal with us.

CABBAGEMAD
31-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Jordan foster been offered a 2 year deal according to Sky waiting to see what happens before deciding

Super_JMcGinn
31-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Hanlon has a few offers but don't write him off signing a new deal with us.

What offers and from whom.

monktonharp
31-05-2016, 11:48 PM
He will end up beside Stubbsthanks for that inside info mate:aok:

mjhibby
31-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Hibs simply have to keep him and other key players now, need to keep the feel good factor going over the short Summer break, not kill it less than a fortnight after the cup final.

While Hanlon is undoubtedly a good defender I don't think he was playing as well at the end of the season compared to when we were on that great run. I'd be happy for him to re-sign I think we can get in at least the equal quality if he goes. No danger of feel good factor going unless we sell Cummings or mcginn neither of which I think will happen

mjhibby
31-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Forget to say he is also picking up niggling injuries which no doubt means he is not playing at his optimum. I just hope like Stubbs,we get it sorted asap and get someone else in quickly if he goes.

GreenArmyyy!
01-06-2016, 03:54 PM

Glory Glory

We are a news and rumours page.... what exactly is your problem? I posted a rumour on the page just like plenty of people do on .net, I'm very sorry I didn't run that by you first.

Brooster
01-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Scoops, are you Paul's Dad? :wink:

That's a bit detailed for someone not as close, speaking as a Dad of a couple of lads myself! :agree:

Grandad....cough cough.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Grandad....cough cough.

:faf:

EH75
01-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Jordan foster been offered a 2 year deal according to Sky waiting to see what happens before deciding

Would be pleased to see him back. Think he has something to offer next season, especially if Hanlon leaves.

YehButNoBut
04-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Good news if true

Kenny Millar ‏@Kenny_Millar 18s18 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/739043673913069568) From today's @scotsunsport (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport), Paul Hanlon inching closer to a new deal at Hibs. Out of contract and plenty rival interest so would be a boost.

Aldo
04-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Grandad....cough cough.

Oooofffttt!! :-)

Marco G
04-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Would be pleased to see him back. Think he has something to offer next season, especially if Hanlon leaves. Has been unlucky with injuries but has a future here if he can keep fit. Versatile defender with an eye for goal imo.

Diclonius
04-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Would be pleased to see him back. Think he has something to offer next season, especially if Hanlon leaves.

View to replacing Fontaine in a three man defence?

HibsNutter
04-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Good news if true

Kenny Millar ‏@Kenny_Millar 18s18 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/739043673913069568) From today's @scotsunsport (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport), Paul Hanlon inching closer to a new deal at Hibs. Out of contract and plenty rival interest so would be a boost.

Would be huge, makings of a fantastic partnership with McGregor there. Compliment each other very well.

Brightside
04-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Paul staying 100%

Haymaker
04-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Paul staying 100%

Yas!

Archie89
04-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Paul staying 100%

Brilliant news.

bigwheel
04-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Paul staying 100%

Absolutely delighted to hear that. Thanks for the share .

HibbyAndy
04-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Paul staying 100%

Outstanding news ! :aok:

MyJo
04-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Paul staying 100%

Excellent :aok:

bookert
04-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Paul staying 100%

Great news, great player and a died in the wool hibee

Smartie
Could be the most important signing we make this summer.

The defence looks much better with him in there, although we still need to work on losing these silly goals from crosses.

Strange this is being done without a head coach being in place though.

Scott Allan Key
Paul staying 100%

Great news. Am sure you wouldn't post this without foreknowledge. Was mentioning to my ex-Aberdeen playing client manager, who had been posting emails to McInnes on available out-of-contract players in Scotland, what a stand out Hanlon was. Truly believe we'd have won two cups and at least second place if he'd been fully fit. A leader by example.

RyeSloan
04-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Could be the most important signing we make this summer. The defence looks much better with him in there, although we still need to work on losing these silly goals from crosses. Strange this is being done without a head coach being in place though.

Don't think we need a head coach to tell anyone that Paul is a class act and would get into any Hibs championship or SPL side...

Great news if we get him to sign for another 3 years and a great piece of business by the club as I'm sure there will have been interest from elsewhere.

Blaster
04-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Where's Gail??

leither17
04-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Where's Gail??

In the rovers

Blaster
04-06-2016, 02:38 PM
In the rovers

😄

HoboHarry
04-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Where's Gail??

She (along with a few others) has been hiding under her bed ever since we got the winning goal 😀

sleeping giant
04-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Anyone know what the Aberdeen fans think of him ?

JohnMcM
04-06-2016, 02:50 PM
In the rovers

Currently burning my fingers plucking my teeth back out of my cup of tea.:rotflmao::rotflmao:

ekhibee
04-06-2016, 02:52 PM
I suppose I'm different from most of the people on here. Paul Hanlon when interviewed comes across as quite an intelligent, thoughtful character. But I'm sorry, as a player he's far from irreplaceable. He's improved by leaps and bounds over the last couple of seasons, before that he was totally overhyped and alternatively overly criticised on this forum regularly. If he stays, good, he can definitely make a good contribution, but if not then so be it. Our defence hasn't been the strongest part of the team, whether he's been in it or not.

Jonnyboy
04-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Where's Gail??

Blown away by this news 😉

I'm_cabbaged
04-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Paul staying 100%

We must a manger in place then I would've thought.

Scott Allan Key
04-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Anyone know what the Aberdeen fans think of him ?

The one I have spoken to was not impressed, I think playing well for a team who were relegated and then in Chamionship doesn't impress unless they realise it was his absence that largely led to our lack of success.

But AFAIC, he's just as much as a hero as Gray, given his last minute equaliser at Tynie.

TheFamous1875
04-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Absolutely THRILLED at this news! Coming from underscore it's as good as gospel :aok:

Vault Boy
04-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Would be absolutely delighted by this. Class act who could honestly play at a much higher level, love his attitude towards the club.

scoopyboy
04-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Grandad....cough cough.

More like Uncle Albert - got a few stories lol

TheFamous1875
04-06-2016, 04:15 PM
You need continuity. You need players in the squad who GET the club. Having homegrown players like Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson (& Kevin Thomson) in the squad counts for more than what they bring to the pitch. Comparison of what I mean could be Keith Lasley, Steven Hammell, or even Scholes, Giggs and Neville, who were also supplemented by Darren Fletcher, Wes Brown and John O'Shea. Players who're at the club for all, if not the vast majority of their careers and can show their teammates what it means to wear the jersey.

SON OF PADDY
04-06-2016, 04:18 PM
I suppose I'm different from most of the people on here. Paul Hanlon when interviewed comes across as quite an intelligent, thoughtful character. But I'm sorry, as a player he's far from irreplaceable. He's improved by leaps and bounds over the last couple of seasons, before that he was totally overhyped and alternatively overly criticised on this forum regularly. If he stays, good, he can definitely make a good contribution, but if not then so be it. Our defence hasn't been the strongest part of the team, whether he's been in it or not.

Beg to differ mate, Hanlon has been a stand out !
One of the most consistent players last season 😁
Would be delighted to hear that he has resigned.

Jonnyboy
04-06-2016, 08:42 PM
More like Uncle Albert - got a few stories lol

:greengrin

Scooter
04-06-2016, 09:02 PM
If he has signed I wonder if it will come with a testimonial year

TheFamous1875
04-06-2016, 09:15 PM

It will. He's been in the senior squad for 8 years - any extension will be 3 years at least taking him to at least 11 years service. He'd get a great reception - Scottish Cup winner serves over a decade to Hibs - will we ever see that again?

HoboHarry
04-06-2016, 09:18 PM
It will. He's been in the senior squad for 8 years - any extension will be 3 years at least taking him to at least 11 years service. He'd get a great reception - Scottish Cup winner serves over a decade to Hibs - will we ever see that again?
I wouldn't be at all shocked to see wee Lewis get to 15 years.......

jst1875
04-06-2016, 09:20 PM
was underscore at pauls wedding today :wink:

Super_JMcGinn
05-06-2016, 09:05 AM

I don't think you're different at all, it's just for some reason his backers are very vocal and like to shout others down when anyone dares to question his defending capabilities you're running the risk of being labelled a yam or knowing nothing about football.

I find it strange he has been offered a new contract when we are in transition, what happens if the new coach doesn't fancy him ?

If he is to stay I will give him the same backing on the park as I give every Hibernian player and I hope he gives me no reason to criticise him off it :greengrin

Billy Whizz
05-06-2016, 09:11 AM
was underscore at pauls wedding today :wink:

It's next week

JimBHibees
05-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Blown away by this news 

Boom, boom. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2016, 09:15 AM

One of the defining factors I believe.

northstandhibby
05-06-2016, 09:43 AM
I don't think you're different at all, it's just for some reason his backers are very vocal and like to shout others down when anyone dares to question his defending capabilities you're running the risk of being labelled a yam or knowing nothing about football.

I find it strange he has been offered a new contract when we are in transition, what happens if the new coach doesn't fancy him ?

If he is to stay I will give him the same backing on the park as I give every Hibernian player and I hope he gives me no reason to criticise him off it :greengrin

I think last season Paul Hanlon made the transition from being a player with great potential into a more refined mature player. Darren McGregor has gelled with him and has helped Paul immensely. Players like people develop over time and Paul for me had done so and I would love to see him and Darren be the backbone of the team next season, here's hoping.

Glory Glory